• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

My goodness, still don't have enough Understanding for the Tutor S-Link in early July and I've folded stupid cranes 1-2 times a week from the beginning.

Still in the early parts of the game, I see. :p

December, and without a struggle. Normal, as said before. Buffs for bosses, weakness targeting for non-bosses hasn't steered me wrong. Weakness targeting is even easier here than in P3 because of the way the system works, although with the trade off of enemies not losing turns when they are knocked down.

Although I hear that late-game
The secret dungeon apparently has a lot of enemies without vulnerability? I may have to adapt my ways then

My goodness, still don't have enough Understanding for the Tutor S-Link in early July and I've folded stupid cranes 1-2 times a week from the beginning.

Day care helped with that for me.

lingiii

Banned

I got that REAL late and ended up max-linking it in like December because I had three weeks or so where there was literally nothing else to do at night but tutor.

Also so I beat the game in the last couple days and wanted to share a little tip. Spoilers kind of for December:

for rescuing Nanako in December, I was behind on s-links I wanted to max because I thought the game was about to end and so put her off for a long time. I got right up on Christmas and thought "oh fuck I bet there's a Christmas event" so I went in on the 24thinking "yeah it'll be a Christmas miracle and we'll bring the family together in time to have whatever event on Christmas day". anyway I read that wrong and after the rescue it skipped to the day after Christmas with events and then Dojima gave me a Christmas costume and everyone talked about the Police station event that never was. :( anyway save her before Christmas.

Trigger

Although I hear that late-game
The secret dungeon apparently has a lot of enemies without vulnerability? I may have to adapt my ways then

Yeah,
both of the special dungeons have a few enemies and a boss that are without a weakness. It made grinding for extra levels a real pain.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Is there any S Link from getting a job? I haven't signed up for one but I'm not sure if I'm missing any S Links so far.

There's three.

Day Care. - I don't remember if this needs a rank.
Janitor. - needs Diligence to be at a certain rank, forget the name
Tutor. - needs Understanding to be "Saintly"

Is there any S Link from getting a job? I haven't signed up for one but I'm not sure if I'm missing any S Links so far.

Day Care, Janitor, Tutor I believe.

edit: LAAAAATEEE.

What level is recommended for the mysterious jingling chain in a chest guy? I think I did in the 70s in P3, but I had the ability to knock him out of turns then. I'm probably going to try him in the next trip to the TV.

Noi

Hit the second dungeon. Already running into enemies that can twoshot (oneshot if crit) my party and have no weakness on the second floor. Siiiiiigh.

At least it was amusing to see Yukiko join my party a grand 5 levels higher than the MC, Yosuke and Chie.

barrin87

There's three.

Day Care. - I don't remember if this needs a rank.
Janitor. - needs Diligence to be at a certain rank, forget the name
Tutor. - needs Understanding to be "Saintly"

Holy crap, really? I guess it's good that I am only in the second dungeon because I haven't touched any jobs yet.

guys! is there an MP3 of the english dub's Rise doing the True Story song from the junes concert? Can only find the japanese OST.

if not please release it Atlus!

Bullza2o

I think I should stop lurking this thread or I'll get spoiled with minor info more.
I'm taking a break due to finals this week, and I let my Vita die in the corner of my room and forgot where the charger was so I won't be tempted. It's going well so far since Tuesday.

CRS

This came in the mail earlier this week.

iiU3YrevS0T8m.jpg

Lusankya

Seriously. It's one of Meguro's best slow songs, and easily my favourite track on the Golden OST.

Yeah, but I wished the instrumental part during the beginning was longer and that you could hear that piano piece somewhere else in the song.

So my final verdict is that the first 25 seconds are super awesome and the rest is good. Overall I prefer Marie's theme when it comes to the winter songs.

Sophia

As usual for the release of a Persona game, the guides are incorrect. The only thing that changes is a small minor scene in the ending if you went the romance route.

Lmao at Kanji's response to saying you're looking forward to
seeing him in a swimsuit

I kinda ignored him before this play through but now he's really starting to grow on me

Hit the second dungeon. Already running into enemies that can twoshot (oneshot if crit) my party and have no weakness on the second floor. Siiiiiigh.

At least it was amusing to see Yukiko join my party a grand 5 levels higher than the MC, Yosuke and Chie.

In my experience in very hard, you should start feeling ok/not completely weak by the middle/end of this dungeon.

Amory

nanako is so damn adorable that it actually makes me feel bad. her life is basically shit, yet i offer to take her to the store to buy pickled radish so she can cook dinner and it's like she hit the lottery.

edit: lol and then dojima takes a huge shit on her. jeeeesus.

Dantis

Honestly, I'm a little bit proud of myself. This is far from the most awful looking thing I've drawn.

nanako is so damn adorable that it actually makes me feel bad. her life is basically shit, yet i offer to take her to the store to buy pickled radish so she can cook dinner and it's like she hit the lottery.

edit: lol and then dojima takes a huge shit on her. jeeeesus.

She's the best child character I've ever seen in a game, by far.

W1SSY

Haven't been able to play a lot with finals coming up but I have put in 24 hours so far. Finally beat
shadow teddie
and had to grind a little bit to win the previous fight. One level away from maxing my Yukiko social link and then I will start working on others. I will probably work on drama club because I need increased expression.

Necrovex

Does this game require a huge time commitment? Or have a steep learning curve?

A fairly lengthy time commitment. Thankfully, P4G is a portable title, so you can play a little of it and put your Vita into sleep mode (that's how I am getting through Persona 2). It took me around 45-50 hours to complete Persona 4 a few years back.

The first two dungeons are rough, but afterwards, the game is pretty much smooth sailing. And you can set the game to "Very Easy" and be perfectly fine.

Trigger

Does this game require a huge time commitment? Or have a steep learning curve?

A satisfying session with this game is about an hour or two a day IMO. There's multiple chances to saves though. The learning curve isn't steep at all and you have GAF here to help.

Top Bottom