• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Uthred

Only up to Rise so far (bought Day 1 but the world clearly didnt want me playing it) but I'm really enjoying the new additions so far. I wouldnt say they're critical but they make for a much "fuller" experience. It's been a while since I played P4 so maybe I've just forgotten but Kanji's sexuality seems a lot less ambiguous in this, from what I recalled in P4 his sexuality was sort of up in the air, whereas it seems a lot clearer in this one that his issues are around traditional gender roles and that he's largely hetrosexual (possibly bi-curious though that seems to be either played for laughs/excessive bromance stuff). The bike related events have been good so far, making Dojima feel a bit less of a 2-dimensional dick and the "great date plan" was pretty amusing. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, that was there already. They add in some new touches elsewhere tho, in the new scenes particularly, almost in your face about it.

Also, (lategame non-plot dialogue spoiler)
Valenine's Day with Nanako. "It's give your big bro chocolate day." Nanako: "How did you know? I bought it in secret!"
edit: also,
Your instincts, honed after a year of battle, are ringing warning bells in your mind/

Lmao. Protag has the most awesome lines.

And apparently there is in fact a skill card for almost every non-unique persona ability in the game spread out among the personas. Think they don't have repel, just null>absorb element, but just about everything else is in, judging from my compendium.

Then it got better as the night went on when
Nanako presented you with her "homemade" chocolate with input from the girls..... Everybody loves Bacon!

ZeroAKA

kPbdN.png

Yosp is such a boss.

bunbun777

Chie was my #1. Love those legs.

On my second playthrough and just found about the limits on basketball s link and events to get books. So sad. In other words, go soccer.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
You Chie fans are disgusting.

PWY8k.jpg

I'll go easy on you because you seem to be a Weezer fan, judging by your screen name

Chie was my #1. Love those legs.

On my second playthrough and just found about the limits on basketball s link and events to get books. So sad. In other words, go soccer.

You mean the "Twilight" book? Or is there another one? Because I got that one doing Basketball.

Rise/Yukiko/Marie 4ever

I'll go easy on you because you seem to be a Weezer fan, judging by your screen name
lol I couldn't think of a name to use when signing up so I just looked at what was going in my playlist. they're... okay. been meaning to ask a mod to change it.

bunbun777

Fun with Numbers. Had a level 5 s link on 7-17, no dice. Apparantly 4 is the limit, 7 for Aug. (3 for May). Also have to have a intimate gf for August book event.

Meier

Fuck Last Resort in the ass. Is there any way to survive it without having that item equipped that lasts 1 time? I am current in the Secret Lab and its killed me twice. :(

Varna

Fuck Last Resort in the ass. Is there any way to survive it without having that item equipped that lasts 1 time? I am current in the Secret Lab and its killed me twice. :(

Get Rise to block it for you. :D

physical resist is nice for that. Or Guard with the MC until it blows up.

Trigger

Have your MC defend for most of the battle. Save the dice for last and don't attack unless you can have everyone hit them in a row.

Fun with Numbers. Had a level 5 s link on 7-17, no dice. Apparantly 4 is the limit, 7 for Aug. (3 for May). Also have to have a intimate gf for August book event.

Wait? What? That is a cluster as I'm going to try and get the achievement on my second run through.

edit: Looks like I can just stop ranking strength up at 4 on that run and I'll be fine until after I get the books? Anything else missable bookwise?

Wait, you can only get the books from Kou and Daisuke at certain social link levels? That's bullshit! What the hell Atlus!

So if I have them maxed out or at higher levels than specified, I'd be screwed?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wait, you can only get the books from Kou and Daisuke at certain social link levels? That's bullshit! What the hell Atlus!

Yah, seriously one of the most convoluted parts that should have been changed. Or let you carry over books to new game +.

Also the Feb
Nanako Valentines Day
event might just be my favorite.

Mii

Banned
Help!

4th Dungeon, Hard

Mini-Boss: Killing Hand. What the fuck? The videos for P4 make it look ridiculously easy as the Almighty hand it summons is weak to wind and can be made dizzy after two hits. In P4G for this hard mode, Almighty hand is weak to ice and doesn't get dizzy. Also, if I kill the Almighty Hand, the Killing Hand casts Deathbound that typically kills one of my characters, and weakens the others. The magic doesn't seem to be dark-based as I still get hurt while using a Persona with repel dark. Having a Rikshasa to resist strength also doesn't do anything. I end up healing with mediarama, but then Killing Hand summons back the Almighty Hand again, which heals the Killing Hand. The best I can do is get the Killing Hand to about 1/4th life.

Is it that I need to be a higher level to make the Almighty Hand dizzy? I'm currently only Level 35, and for this battle I have been trying either a Ganga or a Taotie with Bufula at level 35, a Unicorn with samarecarm at level 32, and a Rikshasa at level 28. How do I make this work?

Trigger

Help!

4th Dungeon, Hard

Mini-Boss: Killing Hand. What the fuck? The videos for P4 make it look ridiculously easy as the Almighty hand it summons is weak to wind and can be made dizzy after two hits. In P4G for this hard mode, Almighty hand is weak to ice and doesn't get dizzy. Also, if I kill the Almighty Hand, the Killing Hand casts Deathbound that typically kills one of my characters, and weakens the others. The magic doesn't seem to be dark-based as I still get hurt while using a Persona with repel dark. Having a Rikshasa to resist strength also doesn't do anything. I end up healing with mediarama, but then Killing Hand summons back the Almighty Hand again, which heals the Killing Hand. The best I can do is get the Killing Hand to about 1/4th life.

Is it that I need to be a higher level to make the Almighty Hand dizzy? I'm currently only Level 35, and for this battle I have been trying either a Ganga or a Taotie with Bufula at level 35, a Unicorn with samarecarm at level 32, and a Rikshasa at level 28. How do I make this work?

You just need to grind a little more. You already understand the strategy. The boss is tough so you'll need to be at about level 40+ anyway.

EDIT- Deathbound is a heavy phys attack BTW.

Kanji>Chie>Rise>Teddie>Sayoko>Margaret>Ai>Marie>Ayane>Yumi>Hisano>Naoto=Yukiko

Done. Waifu wars are over.

I like you.

Just picked this up for my Vita. I'm a complete Persona noob, and haven't played a JRPG like this in almost forever. But one thing I can say is that this game has already made me care about the story, which is a monumental accomplishment. Can't wait to get further along in this, will be reading this thread in case I get stuck or need some help.

Munkyspace

Just picked this up for my Vita. I'm a complete Persona noob, and haven't played a JRPG like this in almost forever. But one thing I can say is that this game has already made me care about the story, which is a monumental accomplishment. Can't wait to get further along in this, will be reading this thread in case I get stuck or need some help.

Don't click on the spoilers! Don't give iiiiin!

Venfayth

How far in are you?

Trigger

Bless. This thread is active if you get stuck. Avoid dem spoilers!

I'd hate for a dick to ruin the story for you.
nULmZ.png

Ponn

Banned
Ok, so I need confirmation on what I just saw. High/End game persona summoning spoiler.

I summoned Belphigor and...he's sitting on a toilet and when he casts the spell he clinches like he's squeezing one out. Is this right?!

I really want to believe what I just saw was real because if so that has to be one of the best summons in any game ever.

Ok, so I need confirmation on what I just saw. High/End game persona summoning spoiler.

I summoned Belphigor and...he's sitting on a toilet and when he casts the spell he clinches like he's squeezing one out. Is this right?!

I really want to believe what I just saw was real because if so that has to be one of the best summons in any game ever.

The first part is right, but I never actually used him to comment on the second. He was straight up fusion fodder for me. He is also a drop in one of the dungeons, though, so if I get him again I'll give it a shot.

Uuuuh does some social stuff not appear on the
foggy days?
I'm still missing Moon's last S-Link, but it's not around.

Moon is definitely around on I want to say 12/9 and 12/10, as that is when I completed it myself. I think she is usually midweek, but I don't know if that has changed with the fog.

And I'm totally going to max all my links except for the one with an unanticipated deadline. Fucking thing sucks!

Top Bottom