• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Grr, where do I find the (semi-spoiler, I guess)
yearbook photo?

Wasted a week already looking for it.

Ugh, yeah this is
the worst part about these games. IIRC, you have to talk to the steak skewer place about the suspect's part time job, followed by waiting a day before talking to a light-colored hair boy outside of the item store. Good luck!

Trigger

Bah! I messed up so now I won't get a chance to max the Jester social link this playthrough.

It will be the only one I miss this playthrough!
r4CiE.png

Okay, so I made it through summer break and just started
Naoto's
dungeon. Unfortunately, my interest is waning. I've got so many good hours out of it already, and would love to finish it, but I don't have the same urge to play for hours on end and would rather it just be over soon so I'm not burnt out.

Am I far from the end? Should I just take a break and jump back in when I'm excited to play? I'm afraid if I stop now I'll never pick it up again.

Trigger

Naoto's
dungeon. Unfortunately, my interest is waning. I've got so many good hours out of it already, and would love to finish it, but I don't have the same urge to play for hours on end and would rather it just be over soon so I'm not burnt out.

Am I far from the end? Should I just take a break and jump back in when I'm excited to play? I'm afraid if I stop now I'll never pick it up again.

You've still got a lot of content. I think it's always better to just take a break if a game is boring you. lol, there's no shame in that.

Venfayth

Naoto's

You've got
----three----
more dungeons before the true ending. That's not counting the new, bonus dungeon.

You are probably
5/8 or 3/4 through the game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, it's a lot easier to get skills in this game. You're supposed to get Hassou Tobi on Yoshitsune at 83, but I took him to the beach :3

I also took Trumpeter to the beach, and then to the cafe, to get his Debilitate card, which is now on Yoshitsune.

To the beach? How the hell do you get to the beach?

You've got
----three----
more dungeons before the true ending. That's not counting the new, bonus dungeon.

You are probably
5/8 or 3/4 through the game.

Thanks. I'll keep pushing forward and hopefully I'll get hooked again. Maybe I just have dungeon fatigue right now since I've been forcing myself to one-day each dungeon, which I know isn't the right way to handle them, especially since they seem to be burning me out. :p

Meier

Just beat (September dungeon)
Naoto
on my first day into the dungeon. Used the fox after I made it to the 6th floor and then had to go back up to the 4th but didn't use it before the boss fight. Was long and arduous.. wish I had known about her silence gun as I would have equipped the few anti-silence accessories I have!

squall211

Man, leveling personas is so incredibly addicting. I end up being way overleveled against all of the bosses because of it.

Also, I doubt it's going to happen, but I really wish Atlus would consider a Vita version of P3 FES.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Man, leveling personas is so incredibly addicting. I end up being way overleveled against all of the bosses because of it.

Also, I doubt it's going to happen, but I really wish Atlus would consider a Vita version of P3 FES.

Golden was a success right? And with the movie coming out...

They did originally plan for P4 to be on the PSP, but the hardware restrictions made them migrate to the Vita. So maybe..

Though if they do, it might not be until after 5 comes out.
If the Vita is still alive by then :O

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy shit. I shouldn't mess around like I normally do on Hard. Yosuke got wiped out and so did I. Doesn't help I don't really have the strength to beat the first mini-boss at the moment. Ned to go back down a floor and get a card to help Yosuke out, IIRC.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Just got a "Longevity Pill" from Rise. Clever, Atlus, very clever.

I got a "Stimulant" from Naoto. Though, not quite as clever, I just thought it was funny that some hot-shot detective was giving me pills. God damn enabler.

I got a "Stimulant" from Naoto. Though, not quite as clever, I just thought it was funny that some hot-shot detective was giving me pills. God damn enabler.

Yeah, a lot of subtlety here :)

I enjoyed all of the dialogues at night so much, it's such a nice touch to the game.

Chie gave me these:

gives Chie's Muffin
gives Steal Skewer DX
gives Choco Melon Pan (if you go to Japan, buy this at a convenience store)

Trigger

I'd love an FES with FeMC.

I want a Persona 4 FeMC. I could "assist" Kanji. And make babies with Yosuke.

I'd buy these so quickly.

How do I get the fishing rod and bug catching net?

I don't remember getting the rod because it was that simple

Bring the bug catching boy a soda that he requests and he'll give you a bug. Bring the bug to the woman at the Shiroku store at night. You'll recieve the fishing hook to give to the old man by the river. To get the net, talk to the boy until he complains about missing his net and then visit the shrine at night.

Iacobellis

Who can help a fellow guy out with Kanji's Shadow? I'm at the last possible moment to do this before the fog sets in, so I cannot leave the TV now. I'm playing on Normal if that helps.

Trigger

Who can help a fellow guy out with Kanji's Shadow? I'm at the last possible moment to do this before the fog sets in, so I cannot leave the TV now. I'm playing on Normal if that helps.

You might want a persona that can resist lightning and phys attacks. Also, the minion on the left is weak to ice and the one on the right is weak to fire. There's no magic trick outside of that.

Necrovex

There is more to Yosuke than meets the eyes, but babies? I guess Inaba is a small town, and your choices seem limited based on the game.

Exactly, not like I have any other dudes I can hang out with. Well, I guess I coud hang out with balls dude and Kenji (but the Female MC would be too young for him anyway).

I already knew this from P3P, but having Persona (well, the P3/P4 format, anyway) in portable, play everywhere, form is dangerous. Can't stop playing Persona.

Venfayth

I already knew this from P3P, but having Persona (well, the P3/P4 format, anyway) in portable, play everywhere, form is dangerous. Can't stop playing Persona.

I'm literally grinding in dungeons while helping people on the phone at work.

And writing about it on GAF.

Ohgod.

Miker

I'm actually LTTP on the PS2 version, but I figure this thread is as good of a place to ask:

What should my general schedule be with regards to splitting time between social stuff/dungeon crawling? The first few hours of the game were so linear that when I'm finally left to my own devices, I have no idea how to spend my time. Is it better to go dungeon crawling early on in the cycle? Later on? Is it possible to screw yourself out of moving on if you say, don't visit the dungeon until the last day?

Any general tips would be great. I've only just started and
I'm trying to rescue Yukiko
, if that helps.

Noi

Hearing about the "create a difficulty" in NG+ is great. Wish I could have done that for my first playthrough though, going into the second dungeon and fighting enemies 5-6 levels higher than me on the first floor is a killer. The fucking gun cops can one-shot my Yosuke with one regular ass attack. ._.

Trigger

I love the option to set my exp/cash to high. I haven't had to waste time with grinding at all. I haven't reached the end of November and everyone has already unlocked all their skills.

I'm actually LTTP on the PS2 version, but I figure this thread is as good of a place to ask:

What should my general schedule be with regards to splitting time between social stuff/dungeon crawling? The first few hours of the game were so linear that when I'm finally left to my own devices, I have no idea how to spend my time. Is it better to go dungeon crawling early on in the cycle? Later on? Is it possible to screw yourself out of moving on if you say, don't visit the dungeon until the last day?

Any general tips would be great. I've only just started and
I'm trying to rescue Yukiko
, if that helps.

It's truly up to you. My general schedule is usually rescue ---> social stuff. It's better to take what time you need for the dungeon so that you don't risk being stuck with too little time left.

Iacobellis

You might want a persona that can resist lightning and phys attacks. Also, the minion on the left is weak to ice and the one on the right is weak to fire. There's no magic trick outside of that.

Thanks. I knew about the fire and ice parts but was unaware about a good Persona to use. I'll try it in a bit.

Lol. Saturnus with auto-maraku and Auto-mataru, plus spellmaster. I am a tank with endless SP. Once I add absorb/reflect ice to replace evade ice I'll be pretty much an invincible megidolaon spamming machine.

edit; Just got chakra ring. Does that stack? If so, lol.

Top Bottom