• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Moon is definitely around on I want to say 12/9 and 12/10, as that is when I completed it myself. I think she is usually midweek, but I don't know if that has changed with the fog.

And I'm totally going to max all my links except for the one with an unanticipated deadline. Fucking thing sucks!

Okay, I still have time before they end, I guess.

Yeah, I'm following a guide, but I'm a bit behind because this guide is slightly wrong.

Crap, just took a quick glance over at the Megami Wiki and found a couple of Social Links I hadnt discovered, namely:
Naoki Konishi (Hanged Man arcana), Hisano Kuroda (Death Arcana) and Sayoko. How do I get to the hospital to trigger these SL's?

Trigger

Crap, just took a quick glance over at the Megami Wiki and found a couple of Social Links I hadnt discovered, namely:
Naoki Konishi (Hanged Man arcana), Hisano Kuroda (Death Arcana) and Sayoko. How do I get to the hospital to trigger these SL's?

Hanged Man doesn't require the hospital; only Death and Devil I believe. You can sign up for the hospital job after 5/25 from the bulletin board. Hanged man is initiated by talking to Naoki after you meet him at the club.

Balphon

For Death and Devil, get Diligence to level 3, start the hospital part-time job, and keep doing it. For Hanged Man, just keep talking to Naoki after school.

Hanged Man doesn't require the hospital; only Death and Devil I believe. You can sign up for the hospital job after 5/25 from the bulletin board. Hanged man is initiated by talking to Naoki after you meet him at the club.

But Im in August now...:(
I took the babysitting job instead. Blah.

Also, I remember seeing Naoki storm into the nurses office and make a stink, but never saw him again since.

Trigger

But Im in August now...:(
I took the babysitting job instead. Blah.

Also, I remember seeing Naoki storm into the nurses office and make a stink, but never saw him again since.

You can have all the jobs at once and there's no time limit. There's nothing stopping you.

Naoki will continue to appear at the school until you start the link. Check on the first floor near Yukiko.

You can have all the jobs at once and there's no time limit. There's nothing stopping you.

Naoki will continue to appear at the school until you start the link. Check on the first floor near Yukiko.

Okay thanks, I hope I have time to max out these SL's? I still havent maxed anything yet. How do you guys make time to do SL's, beat dungeons, grind for loot and money, grind for stats and fuse demons? Ive been playing the game normally, just like the first time, just trying out some new decisions from the first time.

Trigger

Okay thanks, I hope I have time to max out these SL's? I still havent maxed anything yet. How do you guys make time to do SL's, beat dungeons, grind for loot and money, grind for stats and fuse demons? Ive been playing the game normally, just like the first time, just trying out some new decisions from the first time.

I've been too afraid of not maxing the links I started to do them all in one go. Have focused on my party members for now. If I have some more room I might try for the Hanged Man. I loved that storyline.

The night links are pretty easy, as you don't really need to compete for time, you just need to get your stats right. So Hospital is good and easy, Tutor as well. But Tutor requires max understanding just to start, which you can get from the day care, which is also another job s-link, but obviously you give up more to do a job during the day.

And it is usually better to take them earlier because you get bonus stat points. I had so much courage by the end it wouldn't even let me choose the asshole option in one particular conversation!

Of course party members have the advantage of skill upgrades, and most story important, so it is certainly not a bad idea to focus on them, either.

kiyomi

Best way to obtain SP restores? Is there a fish I can grind (lol) that restores SP? I know the Inaba trout heals 100hp for example, but I've been reluctant to fish too much because, well, time.

I was in a battle with
Matsuo, still
and was doing fine. It was very slow progress, but it was manageable until I ran out of SP and restorative items.

Lusankya

Best way to obtain SP restores? Is there a fish I can grind (lol) that restores SP? I know the Inaba trout heals 100hp for example, but I've been reluctant to fish too much because, well, time.

I was in a battle with
Matsuo, still
and was doing fine. It was very slow progress, but it was manageable until I ran out of SP and restorative items.

Go to earlier dungeons, beat the weak enemies by using auto attack and use Arcana Chance to refill SP.

Tiu Neo

kPbdN.png

Yosp is such a boss.

Yep. My favorite executive.

Got Chie as my waifu on the first playthrough. Was thinking of getting Naoto for the second, but I don't think I can do this to Kanji :(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
2 more trophies till the platinum. Namely the 100 Skill cards (I have 91 now) and 250 Rise lines, ugh. :(

kuroshiki

I was in a battle with
Matsuo, still

Invigorate and cool breeze.

I never had to worry about SP ever again.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
removed spoiler

ULTROS!

So many spoilers in those pictures.

Besides the dates and that they're a few of the new scenes, I don't see how they exactly spoil the story.

Tiu Neo

2 more trophies till the platinum. Namely the 100 Skill cards (I have 91 now) and 250 Rise lines, ugh. :(

Still got a lot to do (All S. Links, some random ones, Beat the secret bosses, read all books), but I'm happy I got Risette Fan out of the way on my first play :D

Now I'm not sure if I follow some guide or try to get all the S. Links by myself. It looks kinda easy, I got a lot of them maxed on my first time, but some may be tricky to get. That, and I'm not sure if I can get all S. Links AND all books on the same playthrough.

ULTROS!

removed, sorz.

Still got a lot to do (All S. Links, some random ones, Beat the secret bosses, read all books), but I'm happy I got Risette Fan out of the way on my first play :D

Now I'm not sure if I follow some guide or try to get all the S. Links by myself. It looks kinda easy, I got a lot of them maxed on my first time, but some may be tricky to get. That, and I'm not sure if I can get all S. Links AND all books on the same playthrough.

Can I just take Rise into early dungeons? How much does it take to get a line? Is a monster with fire weakness always the same line, or does it count for each shadow even if the line itself is the same?

kuroshiki

Can I just take Rise into early dungeons? How much does it take to get a line? Is a monster with fire weakness always the same line, or does it count for each shadow even if the line itself is the same?

I don't know but I got rise all line trophy at the final dungeon even though I didn't do anything special. and I was way over leveled through out the game.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

Books are the only part I'd say you really need to look at a guide for, several of them involve the Strength link and can only be gotten if it's at 5 or lower, IIRC. As long as you know who all the social links are and how to activate them, you can get them out of the way relatively easy if you one or two-day dungeons early to get party members available again.

As soon as Rise learns cool breeze the party regains 5% of their max sp after a battle. So yes, you can. And no, lines do not always share the same weakness, though a fair amount do.

Trigger

October spoilers, but
I really don't have a problem with the cheesy concert the second time around. It's actually cute.

Not everyone has played P4 before and
knows about Teddie's human form
, dude. :/

Yeah, this is the second time that's happened. lol, people gotta mark dem spoilers better.

Tiu Neo

Yeah, I did that. I was underleveled until the December dungeon, so I got most of the stronger enemies lines quite easily. After that, I grinded a bit, because the boss was kicking my ass, and got a lot of the same level lines.

After that, I switched my party to the characters I didn't use and beat all the optional bosses. Got it quite easily, when Kanji killed two enemies. It took about one hour after I changed parties to get the trophy.

I really, really tought it would be harder. Was glad to get that one out of my way, anyway. I'll probably play the NG+ with max XP and Money, so I can focus on the S. Links and books.

Books are the only part I'd say you really need to look at a guide for, several of them involve the Strength link and can only be gotten if it's at 5 or lower, IIRC. As long as you know who all the social links are and how to activate them, you can get them out of the way relatively easy if you one or two-day dungeons early to get party members available again.

Thanks! I got two book events on the Strenght, on my first time, but choose the wrong option to get the math book.

Seeing the list... It was the only one I needed to get them all, hahaha.

Meier

As soon as Rise learns cool breeze the party regains 5% of their max sp after a battle. So yes, you can. And no, lines do not always share the same weakness, though a fair amount do.

Oh my god I need this! I am currently fighting shadow (September-ish spoiler)
Naoto
and about halfway through the fight. I didn't want to spend the cash on filling up my SP before my first attempt.. we'll see if I regret it. Either way, this sounds amazing. What S-Link is necessary? I think I'm around 5 or so with her..

Metroidvania

Oh my god I need this! I am currently fighting shadow (September-ish spoiler)
Naoto
and about halfway through the fight. I didn't want to spend the cash on filling up my SP before my first attempt.. we'll see if I regret it. Either way, this sounds amazing. What S-Link is necessary? I think I'm around 5 or so with her..

Cool Breeze (or whatever its called, relaxing breeze?) is level based. Think it's in the later 50s to early 60s?

The upgrade to it is Cool/Relaxing wave, which is 10%. That's S-link based, I think rank 7? Been a while since I looked at it, lol.

Anywho, onto Playthrough 2. Time to finally do Tower. God, I hate Shu. At least Hanged Man has a good reason for being so emo.

Metroidvania

I do Shu early, because this guy is too good:

n1vBQ.jpg

Yep, but getting level 5 understanding is pretty annoying first time around.

I did skip 2nd Playthrough Christmas to get him debilitate in P4, though skill cards mean I won't have to this time around. Heat Riser + Power charge + Hassou Tobi = Dead (non-phys immune) everything.

Venfayth

Hassou Tobi is just the best.

It is literally the most broken skill in the game, imo.

I one-shot the mini boss in
Yomotsu Hirasaka
by debilitating him, power charging, tarukaja on MC, then hassou tobi.

edit: on Very-Hard

edit 2:

I did skip 2nd Playthrough Christmas to get him debilitate in P4, though skill cards mean I won't have to this time around. Heat Riser + Power charge + Hassou Tobi = Dead (non-phys immune) everything.

Yeah, it's a lot easier to get skills in this game. You're supposed to get Hassou Tobi on Yoshitsune at 83, but I took him to the beach :3

I also took Trumpeter to the beach, and then to the cafe, to get his Debilitate card, which is now on Yoshitsune.

Trigger

It is literally the most broken skill in the game, imo.

I one-shot the mini boss in
Yomotsu Hirasaka
by debilitating him, power charging, tarukaja on MC, then hassou tobi.

edit: on Very-Hard

I'm going to actually avoid using it this time around. Rakunda+Power Charge+ Hassou Tobi murders everything.

Now that I think about it I wish there was an ultra super hard dungeon. I feel so broken and powerful by the end anyway. The new dungeon just isn't enough.

Venfayth

I'm going to actually avoid using it this time around. Rakunda+Power Charge+ Hassou Tobi murders everything.

Now that I think about it I wish there was an ultra super hard dungeon. I feel so broken and powerful by the end anyway. The new dungeon just isn't enough.

spoilers regarding new dungeon

Yeah, the new dungeon was interesting and such, but it wasn't really super challenging. I feel like most of it was just testing your SMT / RPG fundamentals. SP management, making sure you're abusing weaknesses, etc. The final boss wasn't really that difficult either.

I did REALLY, REALLY like the aesthetic of the whole place though. I thought Marie looked super badass in her cloak, too.

Meier

Cool Breeze (or whatever its called, relaxing breeze?) is level based. Think it's in the later 50s to early 60s?

The upgrade to it is Cool/Relaxing wave, which is 10%. That's S-link based, I think rank 7? Been a while since I looked at it, lol.
Dang! I am around level 48 or so for her...the SP balancing act is a pain in the butt. This is my first time ever playing it..my fiancée got sick of me playing it nonstop about 3 days in (which was about 10 days ago, lol).

Uthred

Yeah the game would benefit from some super dungeons, a high level version of The Answer (only, you know, good) almost

Top Bottom