• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Does anyone have any tips for the SUPER mini boss in the second dungeon? The one that comes out randomly.
God damn it is so strong and one shots EVERYONE on my team ;/

kewlmyc

Does anyone have any tips for the SUPER mini boss in the second dungeon? The one that comes out randomly.
God damn it is so strong and one shots EVERYONE on my team ;/

The
Reaper
? Don't fight it until you're around level 70 and don't open any chests that warn you not to open them until you're around level 70. Also, it can show up in any dungeon, not just the second dungeon.

Wow...

(somewhat spoiler-ish)

Whoever designed Void Quest should be drawn and quartered. Not a fan of games violating their own rules - why the FREAKING HELL can't I "Go to previous floor" after finding out I need that damn key? I have to go down and then back up again and fight the same enemies again? What the hell?

This game's really getting on my nerves. These dungeons, man...

Wow...

(somewhat spoiler-ish)

Whoever designed Void Quest should be drawn and quartered. Not a fan of games violating their own rules - why the FREAKING HELL can't I "Go to previous floor" after finding out I need that damn key? I have to go down and then back up again and fight the same enemies again? What the hell?

This game's really getting on my nerves. These dungeons, man...

Should have cleared those floors, dawg.

I don't think there's anything miss-able for progression aside from that instance

kuroshiki

Kanji is great in P4G, but depending on your setup it could be more situational than not. Most of his biggest hitting moves are single target and "down" conditional IIRC. I think that the best thing about Kanji is that with bike trips you can make him a healer sort of character.

IMO, Chie outweighs him because Apt Pupil/Rebel/Revo make a significant difference in the critical chance of Black Spot and Rainy Death. These two moves have some of the highest base crit chance in the game. Chie's Galactic Punt is really good, but YMMV as some people may only see it proc like 10 times during a whole game and others see it 30 times.

Also, you want max Chie's AGI and LUC - Reisin Brace and Jet Boots are a good start if you want to land those multihits and see crits even more. Awww, I'm so biased, she's a fucking beast :D

I rarely even use revolution or rebellion. Power charge X heat riser X god's hand all the way.

I thought Naoto might wear different clothes after the word got out. Guess not.

In the mini-novel of persona 4, your dream comes to reality. Looks awesome, by the way.

Noi

I rolled with Yu, Naoto, Yukiko and Teddie for my original P4 run. Kinda want to try something different with P4G, but I like having Naoto and Yukiko. :( Might replace Teddie with Chie though.

You mean
the Reaper
?
Don't fight him until you're in the 70s.

The
Reaper
? Don't fight it until you're around level 70 and don't open any chests that warn you not to open them until you're around level 70. Also, it can show up in any dungeon, not just the second dungeon.

Yep that guy. So I'm way under leveled eh. I was wondering why he was able to do so much damage. I'm currently running through the game without much knowledge about anything lol I do not want to use a guide

Ponn

Banned
I rolled with Yu, Naoto, Yukiko and Teddie for my original P4 run. Kinda want to try something different with P4G, but I like having Naoto and Yukiko. :( Might replace Teddie with Chie though.

I've been mixing it up here at the end. One dungeon run i will do Yukiko, Chie and Yosuke, then on some I will go Naoto, Kanji and Teddie. Teddie is funny to have, does have the higher level Bufu spells and looks awfully good as the White Ranger but overall disappointing. I really like Naoto in the party for the occasionaly need of Light/Dark/Almighty spells and is great to have as an alt. dyne AGI and Garu w/ Mind Chsrge and Invigorate to boot. Really probably my favorite party member now. The problem is I don't care for Kanji but like to get the team up attacks once in a while. So that means the other two members would have to be Chie and Yukiko since I don't care too much for Teddie and Yosuke seems redundant with Naoto.

Just beat that...thing...I complained about before.

This game really makes you feel like you earned your victories, that's for sure <3

P.S. Team Yuki/Chie/Yosuke for life!

Noi

I want to hurry up and beat the bathhouse so I can ditch Yosuke's dumb ass. Worst character in the game. >:O

Dresden

Guys, I'm on 9/12, and my Jester s-link is at 2. What are my chances of maxing it out in time? I looked up just what dates I can talk to Adachi and it looks like
November 2nd
is the last day for me, giving me about 13 in-game days of opportunities.

lingiii

Banned
Guys, I'm on 9/12, and my Jester s-link is at 2. What are my chances of maxing it out in time? I looked up just what dates I can talk to Adachi and it looks like
November 2nd
is the last day for me, giving me about 13 in-game days of opportunities.

welp there's this thing called GameFAQs which might be able to help you out. Little thing though is that you only need to hit 6 to "max" him--the rest happen in story. Watch out 'cuz there's one (4->5 maybe?) that happens at night.

lame.

Chie, Naota, Teddie.
I can't justify using Yukiko anymore since Teddie is so objectively better in every respect, but I don't care. Yukiko is my wife, Chie is the side dish, and Bro-suke is my main man for life.

I've grown oddly attached, you might notice. Might just be imprinting...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Oh yeah

wN26O.png

Now I'm sad coz I have nothing to play anymore. :(

Is P4A worth it for the story? I'm not a big fighter fan myself.

K.Sabot

Oh yeah

wN26O.png

Do you like reading text?

Would you like to read text for 40 hours?

The game is canon and takes place after P4, so it seems sort of necessary.

Dantis

Do you like reading text?

Would you like to read text for 40 hours?

The game is canon and takes place after P4, so it seems sort of necessary.

I'd debate this part. Nothing of consequence really happens, and we don't even know which of the stories is canonical.

Congrats ULTROS, didn't expect someone to get it done so quick

I had a question. If the game allows you to reload on each floor, is it possible to grind near a staircase and go up a floor to keep track of your progress every so often? I've been doing it for a while but I haven't died yet

Dantis

I had a question. If the game allows you to reload on each floor, is it possible to grind near a staircase and go up a floor to keep track of your progress every so often? I've been doing it for a while but I haven't died yet

Yeah, I guess so.

I actually just finished the story for P4A. The story mode is more of a visual novel than a fighting game. The few fights last like 30 seconds, and the story/text sequences can be like 15 minutes long. Hell, one of the paths is like an hour of story with 1 fight.

Dantis

I actually just finished the story for P4A. The story mode is more of a visual novel than a fighting game. The few fights last like 30 seconds, and the story/text sequences can be like 15 minutes long. Hell, one of the paths is like an hour of story with 1 fight.

What were your thoughts on it?

What were your thoughts on it?

Well, I don't mind visual novels so the long text sequences didn't bother me. Actually, I found Labrys path pretty interesting. I've only fully completed Yu's, so I don't know if the other endings are the same, but
I do like what that ending leads into. A shadow hunting team with Persona users from different games sounds amazing.
But yeah, nothing *really* happens, it's like... an extra social link.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Yeah. Going up or down the stairs is like a checkpoint. So if you die, you respawn at that staircase but whatever you gained after the checkpoint goes back to zero.

Dantis

Well, I don't mind visual novels so the long text sequences didn't bother me. Actually, I found Labrys path pretty interesting. I've only fully completed Yu's, so I don't know if the other endings are the same, but
I do like what that ending leads into. A shadow hunting team with Persona users from different games sounds amazing.
But yeah, nothing *really* happens, it's like... an extra social link.

Yeah, pretty much. I feel like it would have been better if they'd taken the MK9/DOA5 route, where there's just one path that swaps perspectives, and then condensed it down to like eight or nine hours. There's an astounding amount of redundant dialogue, and I really felt like nearly all of the internal monologues were un-needed.

Yeah, pretty much. I feel like it would have been better if they'd taken the MK9/DOA5 route, where there's just one path that swaps perspectives, and then condensed it down to like eight or nine hours. There's an astounding amount of redundant dialogue, and I really felt like nearly all of the internal monologues were un-needed.

Yeah, I'm a bit burnt by just going to Yu -> Yosuke -> Akihiko -> Labrys -> finish Yu. I was confused at first when I did Yosuke's after Yu's since I thought it would be one story from different perspectives. I wonder why they chose the way they did in the game.

Naoto disappointed me. &#3232;_&#3232;

Oh, so it's like Blazblue! I love that shit.

Yeah, I'm a bit burnt by just going to Yu -> Yosuke -> Akihiko -> Labrys -> finish Yu. I was confused at first when I did Yosuke's after Yu's since I thought it would be one story from different perspectives. I wonder why they chose the way they did in the game.
Make it more interesting with character reactions, having the ability to have lots of match ups. For some characters theit story would end sooner when they lose.

Tiu Neo

Oh yeah

wN26O.png

Congrats! :D

I'm playing Persona 4 Arena now, before I start my New Game+, and must say it's worth it. (I suck at fightning games)

Thomper

Help me decide! Just got the game, but can't decide on the difficulty level. I'm not *that* great at RPG's, my experience is limited to Mario & Luigi/Paper Mario-games basically. I've seen GiantBomb's Endurance Run so I know most of the basics too, probably.

I don't want to pick 'Easy' if it's way too easy, but I don't want to pick Normal if I'll get my ass kicked all the time. What would you guys advise?

Help me decide! Just got the game, but can't decide on the difficulty level. I'm not *that* great at RPG's, my experience is limited to Mario & Luigi/Paper Mario-games basically. I've seen GiantBomb's Endurance Run so I know most of the basics too, probably.

I don't want to pick 'Easy' if it's way too easy, but I don't want to pick Normal if I'll get my ass kicked all the time. What would you guys advise?
Normal is easier than vanilla normal. Youll be fine.

ULTROS!

So P4A is more of a visual novel than a fighting game? Huh, I can live with that.

I picked Very Easy so I can enjoy the story, then go Hard on the new game +. =3

Very Easy is so easy that you can beat death at level 1 because you unlimited retries.

Make it more interesting with character reactions, having the ability to have lots of match ups. For some characters theit story would end sooner when they lose.

I see. I can't say that I prefer it that way though.

Congrats! :D

I'm playing Persona 4 Arena now, before I start my New Game+, and must say it's worth it. (I suck at fightning games)

I'm not too good at fighting games too. We should practice together =P

Tiu Neo

I'm not too good at fighting games too. We should practice together =P

Do you play on PS3? Add me, TiuNeo on PSN. Not sure if we will get to play, my timezone is GMT-3, but we can try sometime :p

My brother always learns to play a lot faster than me, so it will be good to play with someone that's not so good too, haha.

P90

Easy is pretty easy, using 4 party members. The trade-off for the easier modes is you can race through the dungeons to focus on the other aspects of the game. I am doing Easy mode my first time through and will probably do Very Hard for my second play through. I will probably go to 3 party members on this play through to toughen it up for bosses.

Lusankya

Btw:
Naoto: "What would Nanako like most for Christmas?"
>A Risette Doll
Rise: "Those are more for adults, but I'm sure Nanako would like it too!"

:D

Top Bottom