• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Salaadin

And I want the awful bath house scene to not be canon.

So consider that Persona 4 is over, canon is irrelevant, and pretend that it is
you terrible, heartless man.

The bath house scene was funny. Pure fanservice but still funny.

Game was waaay to bright and happy. Her dying would have ruined so may afternoons for soooo many people. If she died I wouldn't complain about the game so much.

Thats a horrible reason, you mean person!

And I want the awful bath house scene to not be canon.

So consider that Persona 4 is over, canon is irrelevant, and pretend that it is
you terrible, heartless man.

Are you talking about kanji's? Or are you talking about the one with Marie after the ski trip? And nope, I don't want to pretend. She needs to die.

Noi

Are Hama/Mudo spells guaranteed hits in P4G if the enemy is weak to it? I was avoiding using them anyway cause I thought they could still miss like they normally do, but I've yet to whiff one on a weak enemy.

Can you date Marie ? Also, can you max out the girls' social links without being romantically involved with them ? (kind of like P3 I think)

Yes to both.

Are Hama/Mudo spells guaranteed hits in P4G if the enemy is weak to it? I was avoiding using them anyway cause I thought they could still miss like they normally do, but I've yet to whiff one on a weak enemy.

Yes to both.

Went from level 65 to 84 in like 35 minutes because of mudo.

Sophia

I can't speak for Persona 4 Golden, but they can still miss in Persona 3 even if the enemy is weak to them. It's a very unlikely chance they'll miss however. Usually if the enemy is weak to Hama/Mudo it's difficult enough of an opponent that the instant kill is still worth it.

Astra

I don't like it, it breaks my suspension of disbelief :x

Thanks !

You could date multiple women in P3, too. You only had to max out their social link once you became a couple in order to date another. I guess at max rank, they love you so much that they'll put up with your cheatin' ass.

Then again, you never had an option to choose between friendship, and a romantic relationship.

Tiu Neo

I can't speak for Persona 4 Golden, but they can still miss in Persona 3 even if the enemy is weak to them. It's a very unlikely chance they'll miss however. Usually if the enemy is weak to Hama/Mudo it's difficult enough of an opponent that the instant kill is still worth it.

I can confirm it can miss even if the enemy is weak to it, but it's very rare. Happened to me twice, on high level enemies =\

Ugh I can't really decide between rise or yukiko. Both are so awesome. But naoto on valentines day...... that shit almost had me in tears. So now naoto has my heart too. Ughhhhhhh

kuroshiki

In P4G hama and mudoon can still miss even if enemies are weak to them.

However hama boost can solve that problem.

Balphon

I will never understand how fusion works sometimes.

Triple fusion: Lv9 Angel, Lv6 Nata Taishi, Lv 6 Izanagi = Level 59 Anubis. Not that I can fuse him at level 13, haha.

The arcana of the created persona is determined by the arcana and levels of the persona you fuse to create it. With triangle fusion, the arcana of the persona with the highest current level is crossed with the arcana that would result from a normal fusion of the two lower-level personae. In this case, it works out thus:

Fool + Chariot = Sun

Sun + Justice = Judgment

You then average the base levels (not current levels) of the three personae you're fusing, round to the nearest whole number, and add five. You end up with the persona of the arcana you ended up with in the first step which is either the same base level as this number or the next highest.

(4+6+1)/3 = 3.666...; 4 + 5 = 9. There is no level 9 Judgment persona, and the next highest is Anubis at 59.

There are a few more added complexities in some situations, but that's generally how it works.

Noi

I can confirm it can miss even if the enemy is weak to it, but it's very rare. Happened to me twice, on high level enemies =

In P4G hama and mudoon can still miss even if enemies are weak to them.

However hama boost can solve that problem.

See, I knew that in P3P Hama/Mudo still had a very good chance of missing weak enemies, especially on Maniac. I only asked cause, on Very Hard, I've done about 30 or so Hama spells without Hama boost on enemies weak to it and not missed a single one, so I was wondering if they'd changed how it worked. Thanks for the replies though!

Noi

The arcana of the created persona is determined by the arcana and levels of the persona you fuse to create it. With triangle fusion, the arcana of the persona with the highest current level is crossed with the arcana that would result from a normal fusion of the two lower-level personae. In this case, it works out thus:

Fool + Chariot = Sun

Sun + Justice = Judgment

You then average the base levels (not current levels) of the three personae you're fusing, round to the nearest whole number, and add five. You end up with the persona of the arcana you ended up with in the first step which is either the same base level as this number or the next highest.

(4+6+1)/3 = 3.666...; 4 + 5 = 9. There is no level 9 Judgment persona, and the next highest is Anubis at 59.

There are a few more added complexities in some situations, but that's generally how it works.

Gotcha. I've never fully wrapped my head around how fusion works exactly, so it's just amusing to me seeing the equivalent of Ratatta + Pidgey + Pikachu = Mewtwo on my fusion list.

Sophia

You are a heartless monster, your taste in women is excellent.

Yukiko, Rise > all other females in the persona series.

You're lucky I don't have Aigis's angry portrait from P4A on hand... :|

Gotcha. I've never fully wrapped my head around how fusion works exactly, so it's just amusing to me seeing the equivalent of Ratatta + Pidgey + Pikachu = Mewtwo on my fusion list.

As a general rule Triangle Fusions are designed to do that thanks to the use of current level in them. I'd hardly consider Anubis Mewtwo tho.... now Metatron in that same arcana. :D

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
You're lucky I don't have Aigis's angry portrait from P4A on hand... :|

Will this do?

QaNeE.png

Balphon

The funny part is that you probably won't want to create Anubis once you're at a high enough level to do so.

Game was waaay to bright and happy. Her dying would have ruined so many afternoons for soooo many people. If she died I wouldn't complain about the game so much.

As messed up as it sounds I agree with you. I just did not really care for Nanako and it's partly why I haven't played Golden yet despite it being on my shelf. Well, it's that and not finishing VLR yet.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Anubis is pretty useful. Mine had no weaknesses and can cast all the spells to all enemies (Maragion, Maragula, Megidoloan, Hamaon, Mudoon, Mabufula, Mazionga). I used him 90% through my second playthrough and he's about 92 right now.

I have a question about maxing the S. links
Is there a certain time limit to max out certain characters links? Like do I have to do it before a certain month or else I won't be able to anymore. I'm at the part where I just saved Rise. I'm playing the game without any guide or knowledge about anything so this would be pretty helpful.

Noi

Gaaaaaaah, (bathhouse boss spoiler)
Shadow Kanji is a god damn SADIST. I should probably try taking out Tough Guy first instead of Nice Guy, since the alternative is having Kanji and Tough Guy alternate between Swift Strike and Rampage. That fucking Red Wall though, uuuuuuuuugh.

No more P4G for today, I'll try to take him out tomorrow. :(

Trigger

I have a question about maxing the S. links
Is there a certain time limit to max out certain characters links? Like do I have to do it before a certain month or else I won't be able to anymore. I'm at the part where I just saved Rise. I'm playing the game without any guide or knowledge about anything so this would be pretty helpful.

Aeon before December and Jester at rank 6 before November.
Otherwise there are no time limits; except you know beating the game. lol

Top Bottom