• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Varna

I'm not usually the type to look to reviews to validate my own opinion, but each perfect score I see makes me a bit sad because I'd really like somebody to validate my opinion.

There are still tons of things to improve on. I feel like certain things took a step back from P3 and with the high amounts of praise I don't think they will ever be addressed. :(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
When Soejima's going for normal looking characters he definitely shines. P3/4 both had really memorable characters looks that never relied on having ridiculous over the top outfits.

EDIT: Oh wow. So you can't refuse Yosuke? LAME. If I want to be an anti-social asshole in Persona 4 I should be allowed to. :(

Rise and I can finish up the rest of the game anyhow. :p

P5 needs to have all these events be optional. Missing them doesn't hurt the story and they are very intrusive both in gameplay and role-playing. Your character is an empty canvas supposedly, but these events force him into a role that can be really out of character sometimes.

Sorta like this?

Trigger

Unfortunately it paints a picture that just isn't possible. The characters will still love you no matter what. :(

"Yu-senpai hasn't talked to me since June, but I just know he cares!!"

It's funny how odd the social link system is when you think about it.

Varna

"Yu-senpai hasn't talked to me since June, but I just know he cares!!"

It's funny how odd the social link system is when you think about it.

This is why I like the reverse and broken social links. I was really hoping they would enhance/tune that aspect in P4... oh well. :(

kswiston

On a side note, not only does Persona 4 have a shot of being 2012's highest rated game on metacritic, it has a shot of being one of 2013's most essential RPGs in kswiston's thread here on GAF.

I was wondering why Persona 4 was doing so well this year on the Essential RPG list. I guess it makes sense with so many people playing through the game currently.

Persona 4 is currently second behind Chrono Trigger by points.

I was wondering why Persona 4 was doing so well this year on the Essential RPG list. I guess it makes sense with so many people playing through the game currently.

Yeah not surprising at all. It is definitely one of those wrinkle in time sort of games like Chrono Trigger.

kswiston, you've played Persona 4 right?

It has been a big year with the anime, fighting game, and Vita release all either introducing people or reminding people of P4.

Can someone post a link, without any plot spoilers, explaining how to access the extra content and events in the game?

I tried looking for something similar to no avail - it's a minefield out there. You could ask for some things specifically here and maybe we could help - what is it that you're looking for?

CatPee

Just grabbed this from a kind soul for $20.

Damn... why does Chie's new VA suck so hard? The "pride of Inaba" dialogue was almost cringe-inducing. She was great in P4A. :(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Just grabbed this from a kind soul for $20.

Damn... why does Chie's new VA suck so hard? The "pride of Inaba" dialogue was almost cringe-inducing. She was great in P4A. :(

She's really hit or miss in this for whatever reason. I don't know if it is because she overacts the part at times or it was kind of a rush job with them getting the game out. Because there are times when she is just PERFECT (mostly the date scenes) and times when she's just screeching.

Golbez

Would I ever need more than ten of a gem if I was going to go for getting every piece of equipment from the nighttime shop? Aside from the Magatsu Xandrite it looks like no more than two things will ever use the same gem and they each require 5. I ask because I could use the money from selling them...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well I found what Persona 5 needs to be.
tumblr_md5xp69p9Y1qc2alyo1_500.png

Trigger

Would I ever need more than ten of a gem if I was going to go for getting every piece of equipment from the nighttime shop? Aside from the Magatsu Xandrite it looks like no more than two things will ever use the same gem and they each require 5. I ask because I could use the money from selling them...

If you've thoroughly checked the listing to make sure you have enough then why not?

By the time you could trade for anything it is probably already worthless. I would sell them all, unless you just want them for the joke factor or whatever. You will need to keep (I think) 8 Magatsu Xandrites in order to complete a late-game quest for a costume.

She's really hit or miss in this for whatever reason. I don't know if it is because she overacts the part at times or it was kind of a rush job with them getting the game out. Because there are times when she is just PERFECT (mostly the date scenes) and times when she's just screeching.

Yay! I leveled up!

I'm overleveled.

I wish there could be another punchline about how she is still level 15 or whatever, but I balance out all my party member's levels.

Golbez

If you've thoroughly checked the listing to make sure you have enough then why not?

By the time you could trade for anything it is probably already worthless. I would sell them all, unless you just want them for the joke factor or whatever. You will need to keep (I think) 8 Magatsu Xandrites in order to complete a late-game quest for a costume.
I thought as much. Excellent. The 1000 per gem I get isn't much, but every little bit helps.

Trigger

Fusing is such a weirdly fun past time. I've been slowly filling up my compendium and part of me wishes I had a use for all these weaker personae I ignored. Such lovely designs.

Trigger

I know about maxing Marie's SL to acess her dungeon, but what about the extra scenes and extra ending?

Extra scenes? There are some changes to the normal ending and true ending routes if you get Jester to rank 6. Everything else is either automatic (so you can't miss it) or very minor. For example, I've heard there's a slight change to the epilogue should you romance Marie, but that's it.

Extra scenes? There are some changes to the normal ending and true ending routes if you get Jester to rank 6. Everything else is either automatic (so you can't miss it) or very minor. For example, I've heard there's a slight change to the epilogue should you romance Marie, but that's it.

Thanks Trigger. You're the best. :)

Do I need to max Marie's SL to get her dungeon but I don't need to romance her or choose her on Xmas?

Poyunch

No no no no no. I find Chie endearing, I like that she has issues being feminine and stuff but her s.link is nothing but that. There's no relationship building between the the protag and her. Yukiko on the other hand is hilarious, quite lovely, and well there's an actual relationship there.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
No no no no no. I find Chie endearing, I like that she has issues being feminine and stuff but her s.link is nothing but that. There's no relationship building between the the protag and her. Yukiko on the other hand is hilarious, quite lovely, and well there's an actual relationship there.

But if you romance Chie, it gets sweeter on Christmas/New Years/Valentine's Day though. :3

Balphon

Aeon - Ama-no-Uzume

The rest are Jester

Take-Minakata
Pale-Rider
Baphomet

Easiest way to get a specific persona should be fusing the next two higher level persona of the same arcana. (e.g. Narcissus + Sati = Ame-no-Uzume; Kumbhanda + Chernobog = Baphomet, etc.)

If that doesn't work, try these:

Forneus + Oberon + Phoenix (must be highest level) = Ame-no-Uzume
Jack Frost + Mokoi + Power (must be highest level) = Take-Minakata
Legion + Ara Mitama + Undine (must be highest level) = Pale Rider
Decarabia + Leanan Sidhe + Ganesha (must be highest level) = Baphomet

Let me know if any of those don't work (I may have flubbed the math somewhere) or if you don't have the right personae at the right levels.

EDIT: I made a couple mistakes; should be fixed now.

Easiest way to get a specific persona should be fusing the next two higher level persona of the same arcana. (e.g. Narcissus + Sati = Ame-no-Uzume; Kumbhanda + Chernobog = Baphomet, etc.)

If that doesn't work, try these:

Omoikine + Saki Mitama + Phoenix (must be highest level) = Ame-no-Uzume
Jack Frost + Mokoi + Power (must be highest level) = Take-Minakata
Legion + Ara Mitama + Gdon (must be highest level) = Pale Rider
Decarabia + Leanan Sidhe + Ganesha (must be highest level) = Baphomet

Let me know if any of those don't work (I may have flubbed the math somewhere) or if you don't have the right personae at the right levels.

Thanks! I'll try that out.

Do you get the ability to fuse a different ultimate persona if you
max out the Jester social link instead of switching it to Hunger?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't remember the really long title enough to google it. What's the answer to Mr. Hosoi's question about how many parts there are in a certain book? The possible answers are 2, 3, and 7

Top Bottom