• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I have a question about maxing the S. links
Is there a certain time limit to max out certain characters links? Like do I have to do it before a certain month or else I won't be able to anymore. I'm at the part where I just saved Rise. I'm playing the game without any guide or knowledge about anything so this would be pretty helpful.

Jester
has a time limit.

Thank you guys for replying. Now I can relax a bit lol I would've hated to miss out on any haha but the game is great so i would not have minded redoing them in new game :)

Dantis

Why has nobody mentioned the P3 reference in the ski trip? :O

Also, new Chie really flubs some of the lines here. Yikes.

Oh man, just got to the montage before the final days.
Playing the title theme for that is a great choice. Big bro cooking, the gang having fun, them posing for the final shot. Makes the transition from the end of the case to moving day much cleaner.

So many feels, reminds me of me moving away from my old school. ;_;

P90

Ugh I can't really decide between rise or yukiko. Both are so awesome. But naoto on valentines day...... that shit almost had me in tears. So now naoto has my heart too. Ughhhhhhh

C'mon, join the Yukiko Brigade! No harm going for the others though.

Balphon

Anubis has actually been my main man... er... jackal for like two and a half dungeons now:

Granted, I'm 1) overleveled and 2) obviously just playing favorites, but I love that you can do both of those things in this game. <3

Yeah, with the conveniences added to fusion in P4G it's possible to make any persona pretty good with a little bit of effort. Still, Anubis has a few problems you'll have to work around to buff him up, not the least of which is the fact that he's a relatively low-level Judgment persona.

lupin23rd

Probably should have asked this about 20 hours ago (game time) but... Is Marie only in the second playthroughs or did I just completely not trigger her showing up?

I went into the Velvet Room and was told she wanted to talk outside of the TV... But I never saw her, actually haven't seen her outside of the TV since the opening scene where you bump into her.

Come to think of it I don't think I've even started Kanji's social link either.

Trigger

Probably should have asked this about 20 hours ago (game time) but... Is Marie only in the second playthroughs or did I just completely not trigger her showing up?

I went into the Velvet Room and was told she wanted to talk outside of the TV... But I never saw her, actually haven't seen her outside of the TV since the opening scene where you bump into her.

Come to think of it I don't think I've even started Kanji's social link either.

You just missed her. You already triggered the steps to starting her social link. Emperor social link is started by talking to a girl on the second floor of the school on a day when Kanji is on campus.

Yukiko is one of the best character designs atlus had ever made. I'm not even joking(she's up there with demi fiend IMO).
tumblr_m85l6nYRvU1r5svbx.png
Its fucking ridiculous.

lingiii

Banned
oh Christ.

On second play through in
Heaven
. Did first playthrough blind, got 'good' ending. Learned about True ending process from the GiantBomb endurance run, said FUCK YEAH and started up my second, on track for max S-Links.

Figured it'd be easy enough to grab the platinum (my first ever!) if I put in the 1XX hours.

Now I discovered about the book reading trophy. Holy Christ who could ever get that thing on accident.
You have to neglect sports team S-link until AUGUST and THEN decide "hey oh yeah let's hang out thanks for calling".
I'm so sad. It would take me a THIRD game, playing through to December or so to get that one.

Balls.

Salaadin

I just don't understand gaf. They prefer playing Scooby do over fighting the god of chaos. Now they are trying to tell me that some frumpy tomboy is better than yuki-god. :lol I don't get this place.

You only like Yukiko because she has no arms and can't push you away, creep!

Trigger

Hmmm how do you complete the persona compendium when
Jester maxes at the end of the game?

It changes to the hunger arcana if you got it to rank 6 before November. Follow the game to the true ending and you can still get the ultimate Jester persona. There's plenty of time to get the full compendium (assuming you maxed the other links).

It changes to the hunger arcana if you got it to rank 6 before November. Follow the game to the true ending and you can still get the ultimate Jester persona. There's plenty of time to get the full compendium (assuming you maxed the other links).

Uhh I know that.
This guide I'm following saying it maxes at the ending. I'm in feb

Uhh I know that.
What's the problem? It ranks up twice during November. Changes to Hunger in December if you go alone in to the TV world. Once if you beat Ameno Sagiri, and it'll rank up one more time in March which maxes it out. You have still have dungeon crawling post maxing out. Game isn't over just yet once it's maxed.

Trigger

Uhh I know that.

It does, but
But you can still fuse the ultimate persona for that arcana, and yeah you still can't finish the compendium unless this is your second playthrough. lol, the latter is probably worth mentioning.

What's the problem? It ranks up twice during November. Changes to Hunger in December if you go alone in to the TV world. Once if you beat Ameno Sagiri, and it'll rank up one more time in March which maxes it out. You have still have dungeon crawling post maxing out. Game isn't over just yet once it's maxed.

Oh so you have more time after the end? Okay.

Varna

Yukiko is one of the best character designs atlus had ever made. I'm not even joking(she's up there with demi fiend IMO).

When Soejima's going for normal looking characters he definitely shines. P3/4 both had really memorable characters looks that never relied on having ridiculous over the top outfits.

EDIT: Oh wow. So you can't refuse Yosuke? LAME. If I want to be an anti-social asshole in Persona 4 I should be allowed to. :(

Rise and I can finish up the rest of the game anyhow. :p

P5 needs to have all these events be optional. Missing them doesn't hurt the story and they are very intrusive both in gameplay and role-playing. Your character is an empty canvas supposedly, but these events force him into a role that can be really out of character sometimes.

Top Bottom