• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Naw,
you should still have time in January. Last I recall, you just have to do it before the final day and make sure to get those bosses too.

Oh alright, thanks. Ugh I forgot I can't do club activities 1 week before exams. I'm at level 9 link with music club and that's my final one to max. Damn it.

I've played this game twice and had no idea who the Hanged Man s-link was

About the other new s-link
Adachi
, I've only got him on level 2 and it's September. Did I screw it up? I hardly ever see him

Trigger

Adachi
, I've only got him on level 2 and it's September. Did I screw it up? I hardly ever see him

You got until
November 1st to reach rank 6, after which it becomes automatic. There's still time if you make sure to focus on him. Use the voice button to help.

Adachi

His schedule is erratic. You should look up which days he's around.

Here's September's schedule.

September| 1(Sat), 19(M), 20(Tue), 21(W), 23(F), 24(Sat), 27(Tue), 30(F)

Not sure if it's day or night.

FaceDa

Banned
Adachi Rank 1,2,6 are day and 3,4,5 are night. Some of the dates he appears on are also not available during either day or night so you can only do certain S. Ranks and not others. It's really confusing.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Who's the 6th GF?
There's Yukiko, Chie, Naoto, Rise, and Yumi (NOT AYANE). Ai doesn't count because she friendzoned him afterwards.

I've been listening to the OST so much. I just want the English version of "True Story" from the game and I'll be happy.

whyyyyyyyy was there no soundtrack preorder bonus Atlus ;_;

Huh?
Ai doesn't friendzone you when you play it right. =3

Also, that means I have 8 girlfriends when you count
Marie... and then Margeret smooches me in the end, so that's 8! =3

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hate the max social link guide that I followed because it only makes you fall in a relationship with Chie only (
Marie's was a required to be lovers though
) and Kanji the last character to max out.

MarkusRJR

Finally came in the mail today along with Persona 4: Arena. Persona 4: The Animation (Volume 1) in bluray is on it's way here too. This is going to be a Persona Christmas. Oh and I just purchased Persona 3: FES off of PSN. I'm going to start with that first. I heard there was a save file glitch though. Did they fix it already? If it's not fixed, what's the glitch and how do I avoid it?

Lusankya

I hate the max social link guide that I followed because it only makes you fall in a relationship with Chie only (
Marie's was a required to be lovers though
) and Kanji the last character to max out.

You can still be lovers with the other girls, doesn't matter.
And if you want you can switch around the S. Links a bit, even during the first playthrough.

Yuripaw

Banned
Oh man, I can't decide what to pick. In a new cutscene where everyone's talking about going to the beach, and Rise asks me who i am looking forward to seeing in a swimsuit more. The Chie-fan in me wants to say Chie, but...I almost can't resist saying Kanji, lmao.

Dantis

New dungeon still sucks.

It would have been put in two months beforehand. Wouldn't have broken up the ending so badly either.

Tiu Neo

Oh man, I can't decide what to pick. In a new cutscene where everyone's talking about going to the beach, and Rise asks me who i am looking forward to seeing in a swimsuit more. The Chie-fan in me wants to say Chie, but...I almost can't resist saying Kanji, lmao.

I'm a Chie fan too, but couldn't resist saying Kanji. Pretty funny.

Squire

Banned
It all just feels like filler, and I really couldn't care less about the character it relates to.

It's like optional DLC that integrates into the game only not nearly as well as when, say, BioWare does it.

Also:
I loved Yosuke commenting on how beautiful Marge is. A rare instance where I agreed with him wholeheartedly. I couldn't resist saying she was my sweetheart, despite having spent no time with her for her S. Link.

Dantis

It's like optional DLC that integrates into the game only not nearly as well as when, say, BioWare does it.

Also:
I loved Yosuke commenting on how beautiful Marge is. A rare instance where I agreed with him wholeheartedly. I couldn't resist saying she was my sweetheart, despite having spent no time with her for her S. Link.

I just wish you could do the January events and the ski trip but skip the dungeon.

Also, that S Link is no good, unfortunately. :(

Squire

Banned
I just wish you could do the January events and the ski trip but skip the dungeon.

Also, that S Link is no good, unfortunately. :(

That sucks. I was all in to do it, but I'm interested to see how certain dialogue is altered. I was under the impression it was completely optional. That it's not is bizarre, especially co side ring the mechanics of the dungeon itself. Incredibly cheap/arbitrary way of making it difficult.

Uthred

Ha noticed a little continuity error, during one of the conversations at Junes the characters are all in their casual summer clothes, they go to the electonics department and theyre in their summer uniforms all of a sudden, then then head home to change back into the clothes they were originally wearing ;)

ULTROS!

Tips against
s. teddie?

Level all the way up to 35 minimum, don't waste your skills on S. Rise, and when he charges for Nihil Hand, you have one round to attack then start defending.

I'm on track to have every trophy once my NG+ is complete, but I still don't have Hardcore Risette fan and I'm really worried that one isn't gonna pop...

ULTROS!

Damn,

I'm still level 27 and I only have about 6 days left

That's pretty low. The best levels for each dungeons are *5. For example,
The recommended level to beat the boss at Yukiko's Castle is 15, Kanji's Sauna is 25, Rise's Striptease is 35, and so on.

Noi

That's pretty low. The best levels for each dungeons are *5. For example,
The recommended level to beat the boss at Yukiko's Castle is 15, Kanji's Sauna is 25, Rise's Striptease is 35, and so on.

Lol, I'm at level 14 -16 for the bathhouse. Not like I have a choice with V. Hard's exp rate.

I've been listening to the OST so much. I just want the English version of "True Story" from the game and I'll be happy.

whyyyyyyyy was there no soundtrack preorder bonus Atlus ;_;

I am addicted to the soundtrack for this game. I can't help but hum(sing....when no one is within 5 sq miles of me.) it constantly.

I'm on track to have every trophy once my NG+ is complete, but I still don't have Hardcore Risette fan and I'm really worried that one isn't gonna pop...

I kind of got mine randomly yesterday while I was tackling the bonus winter dungeon during my first run. Have you tried switching around your party members? Leveling Kanji and Teddie, two characters I never used, seemed to have done the trick for me.

ULTROS!

Not sure if mentioned:

Cool easter egg - try accessing the TV Listings at 12:00 AM and you'll see an off-colored channel at the bottom-most stations (gray statics). It can be accessed.

skarabrae

Banned
Just came back from
the school camping trip.
They added a lot prior to the event that it was a treat. I especially liked
how you, Yosuke, and Kanji all try to hit on girls in Okina City after getting your scooter license, with a special appearance by Hanako Ohtani.
I'm at level 5 with the Fox SL atm and working on Yukiko's SL.

The only thing I wished this game had was the ability to look at your calendar anywhere and any time to see what things are available to do for that day based on what you've acquired (i.e. talking to that guy that talks about book release dates, joining clubs, jobs, etc). I keep forgetting when clubs meet, when my jobs are available, and when books come out. It sucks because they do tell you about your calendar in the game, but for the most part, the game never lets you peek into it before you start your day. A minor gripe, but something I'm hoping that Persona 5 would have.

Edit: Anyone recommend an alternate party to Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko? Yukiko's currently my main healer with Chie causing lots of really good physical damage and Yosuke... well, he's casting Magaru all the time ^^;;

Venfayth

Welp, just beat the true ending boss on very-hard.

Save file is ~96 hours.

Naoto is way more overpowered than Rise was during that fight, holy shit. Shield of Justice, yo.

Tiu Neo

Just came back from
the school camping trip.
how you, Yosuke, and Kanji all try to hit on girls in Okina City after getting your scooter license, with a special appearance by Hanako Ohtani.

The only thing I wished this game had was the ability to look at your calendar anywhere and any time to see what things are available to do for that day based on what you've acquired (i.e. talking to that guy that talks about book release dates, joining clubs, jobs, etc). I keep forgetting when clubs meet, when my jobs are available, and when books come out. It sucks because they do tell you about your calendar in the game, but for the most part, the game never lets you peek into it before you start your day. A minor gripe, but something I'm hoping that Persona 5 would have.

Edit: Anyone recommend an alternate party to Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko? Yukiko's currently my main healer with Chie causing lots of really good physical damage and Yosuke... well, he's casting Magaru all the time ^^;;

Kanji is pretty good for Physical attacks. I used Chie/Yosuke/Yukiko until I got Naoto, then switched with Yosuke.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Just came back from
the school camping trip.

I used Chie/Yuki/
Teddie when he was unlocked. He gets the higher level ice skills, good heals and buffs.

Venfayth

Dunno how you guys use party members whose elements overlap. You crazy.

Team I just cleared Very Hard with on was: Yosuke/Yukiko/Naoto

Top Bottom