• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Dunno how you guys use party members whose elements overlap. You crazy.

Team I just cleared Very Hard with on was: Yosuke/Yukiko/Naoto

Chie stops getting ice spells after a certain level and starts getting better physical attacks. So basically, you just replace the shitty low level mabufu with something better, like Power Charge, etc. Then I used MC to make up for whatever else I needed.

Of course, this was all on normal. lol ;p

Venfayth

Chie stops getting ice spells after a certain level and starts getting better physical attacks. So basically, you just replace the shitty low level mabufu with something better, like Power Charge, etc. Then I used MC to make up for whatever else I needed.

Of course, this was all on normal. lol ;p

I used Teddie and Chie in the same party my first time through. It doesn't really make too big a difference.

You guys are silly. So inefficient :(

Venfayth

It's easy enough to make a persona that makes up for the missing elements, and considering how character driven the game is, you may as well fill your party with characters you like.

Well, yeah, it's possible to solo the game.

I just like to maximize strategic options when I'm in dungeons, I guess.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Well, yeah, it's possible to solo the game.

I just like to maximize strategic options when I'm in dungeons, I guess.
Yep, I can understand that. I find the dungeons to be the worst part of the game, so if I had to slog through them with an awful character like Chie, I'd probably never finish.

Dantis

You need to fight s boss to get the true ending?

Yup. One final dungeon. It's a good, straight-forward one though, and the last boss fight is genuinely cool. The finale is amazing.

Yep, I can understand that. I find the dungeons to be the worst part of the game, so if I had to slog through them with an awful character like Chie, I'd probably never finish.

You don't like the dungeons very much at all then?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
You don't like the dungeons very much at all then?
Nope. I find them uninteresting and the music is insanely repetitive and irritating (especially in
Heaven
), and I'm not a fan of the battle system either, so I keep putting off saving people until the very last minute. It's a shame, because there are plenty of things I do like about the game, but the dungeons, characters, and social links--all the things that people talk about when they try to sell Persona 4--are all a bit boring. At least this time around, the trophies are giving me an incentive to fill out the Persona Compendium.

Trigger

Craziness. I love the dungeons, the music, and especially the social links.

For the dungeon or the fight itself? Because The Fog is off-the-charts amazing. Probably my favourite Meguro battle song.

I was originally referring to true ending boss fight, but I like the song that plays in the dungeon too. Oddly soothing.

Squire

Banned
Yup. One final dungeon. It's a good, straight-forward one though, and the last boss fight is genuinely cool. The finale is amazing.

I'm still not done with this game. I can't believe this. This is amazing!

Also, the TV Listings @ Midnight thing true? Is there a window or do you need to look during that precise minute?

Dantis

I'm still not done with this game. I can't believe this. This is amazing!

Also, the TV Listings @ Midnight thing true? Is there a window or do you need to look during that precise minute?

I think it's 12 - 1am. And it's hilarious. I found it by accident and it really blew my mind.

Squire

Banned
I think it's 12 - 1am. And it's hilarious. I found it by accident and it really blew my mind.

REALLY?! Okay, I'm looking tonight. I tried before, but it didn't work which I guess is because I still had TV listings to unlock. I'm so late in the game now everything is there except the midnight listings, so it should work this time.

Valentine's day:
This is the most dangerous day of the MC's life. Durian/Habanero chocolate in the afternoon, ticking time bomb chocolate by late afternoon/early evening, and then Nanako's iced coffee + bacon + bell peppers + wheatgrass + vinegar + ponzu + fish + fermented squid chocolate... death-on-a-plate.

What's this now?

Go to the TV listings between midnight and 1. There's a bonus channel.

Meguro is a fucking god. The Almighty>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Valentine's day:
This is the most dangerous day of the MC's life. Durian/Habanero chocolate in the afternoon, ticking time bomb chocolate by late afternoon/early evening, and then Nanako's iced coffee + bacon + bell peppers + wheatgrass + vinegar + ponzu + fish + fermented squid chocolate... death-on-a-plate.

Go to the TV listings between midnight and 1. There's a bonus channel.

I cried when valentines day happene
turning down the girlswas harsh. ESPECIALLY naoto

It's also one of the funniest parts in the game. I died @ nanako's
chocolate

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Guys, I came to a realization. I actually had
nine
girlfriends. =3

Nanako-chan~~~

This is scary.

Also party wise:
Yukiko, Kanji, Naoto.
Got the perfect mix of extremely efficient/perfect healing(and fire), extremely awesome physical prowess, and essentially MC Jr. I want to replace the 1st one with
Teddie
, for more damage dealing purposes, since 1st can get a little tame when we're in no need of healing and something's immune to fire. Killer for bosses though. On Hard.

Yuripaw

Banned
I've heard
that it's better to have just 1 girlfriend by the time you reach valentine's day, because if you have more than one, all your other girlfriends are really upset. Because of this, I wanna try being loyal to just 1...but I can't decide who. I feel like before, Chie would've been a given, but I'm still not into that voice >_< Kinda considering going with Naoto.

This is scary.

What?

She said she wanted to marry me =3 and I got Dojima's approval.

I've heard
that it's better to have just 1 girlfriend by the time you reach valentine's day, because if you have more than one, all your other girlfriends are really upset. Because of this, I wanna try being loyal to just 1...but I can't decide who. I feel like before, Chie would've been a given, but I'm still not into that voice >_< Kinda considering going with Naoto.

Actually, it's not really true, but I haven't seen a normal one.
You can still choose which one to go out with and have a great time, but break the hearts of the others.

I'm also not sure if the playboy version is unique to the dedicated ones.

Venfayth

I've heard

I was playboy MC and I felt my heart being torn asunder during Valentines day. There's no tangible negative reason to worry about it, it just may injure your feelings.

Yuripaw

Banned
I was playboy MC and I felt my heart being torn asunder during Valentines day. There's no tangible negative reason to worry about it, it just may injure your feelings.

lol Exactly! That's what my friend told me, and that's why I don't think I can do it. It was hard enough have to cycle through them on Christmas in the original.

lol Exactly! That's what my friend told me, and that's why I don't think I can do it. It was hard enough have to cycle through them on Christmas in the original.

Press start twice. =3

I couldn't bare watching Rise-chan's heart break when I replayed it to see the other ones. ;_;

Levito

Banned

Sure is, don't hesitate when going for the true ending, it can be a tough fight without the right Persona but it's worth it!

Dantis

How did everyone like Marie's voice acting?

I thought she was pretty good.

I thought she was ace. Suited her really well and she hit every line perfectly, even the awful poems and thequicknospacesinsults.

Shame the character was really boring. :/

soo just something I noticed, during the
Junes Concert practice Rise says they cant use one of her idol songs because she'd get in trouble, but then they do it anyway!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1MzEJgFKxI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUSVCJbYkFk

I guess it was just Meguro cheaping out not wanting to record another song though, lol

Fun fact: Yosuke's guitar is Meguro's guitar. Neat, right?

Dantis

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to see it on 3DS. The only problem might be a capacity issue. Certainly, on a technical side, it's far from pushing the Vita. Remove the sharpened textures and you'd be fine on 3DS.

kuroshiki

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to see it on 3DS. The only problem might be a capacity issue. Certainly, on a technical side, it's far from pushing the Vita. Remove the sharpened textures and you'd be fine on 3DS.

I don't know. Tales of Abyss and MGS3DS kinda made me think 3DS might not be as powerful as some people think it might be.

kuroshiki

They both looked really close to the PS2 versions. P4G is a PS2 game. I'm pretty sure it'd be okay. :p

Tales and MGS both had framerate issue and sound quality was also cut. (texture was also bad, too)

P4G on the other hand upgraded everything, delivered some of the most astounding sound quality. I'm not gonna give up on that. and no one should for this game.

I don't know. Tales of Abyss and MGS3DS kinda made me think 3DS might not be as powerful as some people think it might be.
I think a lot of it is contingent upon how compatible the game would be with the engine they making for SMT4.

Not to say that P4G isn't pushing hardware or anything like that, but the actual in-game models aren't very detailed and the environments are either rather small or corridors with repeating elements.

Really the hard part is the staggering amount of voice and cutscenes. The 3DS is certainly capable of storing a ton of information on its carts, but I I know they charge publishers significantly more the larger the size they use. I'm not sure if Sony is the same way with Vita carts.

kuroshiki

I think a lot of it is contingent upon how compatible the game would be with the engine they making for SMT4.

Not to say that P4G isn't pushing hardware or anything like that, but the actual in-game models aren't very detailed and the environments are either rather small or corridors with repeating elements.

Really the hard part is the staggering amount of voice and cutscenes. The 3DS is certainly capable of storing a ton of information on its carts, but I I know they charge publishers significantly more the larger the size they use. I'm not sure if Sony is the same way with Vita carts.

P4G is def not pushing hardware. I'm getting 5hr battery life with this game.

Top Bottom