• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

He gave me a Snuff Soul on that day. Probably because I didn't get the other ones first. Thanks for the link. Going to abandon my P3P run and do 4 again.

I think I got everything except for Naoto's Yasogami costume.

How was I supposed to know
That I was supposed to be a complete asshole and tell her: You, you talk like a dude. Work that shit out.

Finally:
J5Jyrl.jpg

Just got the book achievement and the all social links achievement in my first play though. Pretty happy with that.
(I'm linking everything in case of spoilers.)
http://i.imgur.com/RKhhP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gjZkl.jpg

Also
Maid
Naoto > all other
females
. (Just took these shots ingame.)
S
he even has a different victory animation than normal in them.
http://i.imgur.com/GAGTI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/P9mg9.jpg

Rise > Naoto. Oh and the best Naoto costume is this one.
http://i.imgur.com/qbfNS.jpg

Squire

Banned
Anybody know the name of the song in the P4 commercials?

Edit: Never mind, it's the music from the original opening, which I just saw for the first time.

WOW.

Amazing. How they hell could they change that? Especially to the new opening?!

Dantis

Anybody know the name of the song in the P4 commercials?

Edit: Never mind, it's the music from the original opening, which I just saw for the first time.

WOW.

Amazing. How they hell could they change that? Especially to the new opening?!

Welcome my world.

I was so sad when I first saw the new intro. Doesn't fit the game at all, in my opinion, and completely loses all the stylishness of the original. :(

Glad you enjoyed the game though.

I'll certainly like P3P more, I loved Persona 3 when it first came out (and I HATED the tired system which I hear is mostly fixed up in this version). It'll be nice to make a return to the game that made me love the franchise.

Yeah, P3P is excellent. I plan to play through it again sometime soon myself. I never did Akihiko's S Link. Or Ken's, though I don't really think I want to.

Oh and the best Naoto costume is this one.
http://i.imgur.com/qbfNS.jpg

Nope.

Yaska

Got this game few days ago ( screw waiting for euro-release!!), and I can't stop playing this. Think I should focus more on the social links and stuff, but in the end I just end up doing studying/club-activities and dungeons more.

Squire

Banned
Welcome my world.

I was so sad when I first saw the new intro. Doesn't fit the game at all, in my opinion, and completely loses all the stylishness of the original. :(

Glad you enjoyed the game though.

The new opening I think has the same issue as cavalry attacks and some of the new scenes added in, in that it leans so far into the game's generic anime tendencies, it's just bullshit fanservice at that point. The old though, just... goddamn. Everything about it. Yes.

But yes, I absolutely loved the game. Almost wrote a love letter in the spoiler thread.

Dantis

The new opening I think has the same issue as cavalry attacks and some of the new scenes added in, in that it leans so far into the game's generic anime tendencies, it's just bullshit fanservice at that point. The old though, just... goddamn. Everything about it. Yes.

But yes, I absolutely loved the game. Almost wrote a love letter in the spoiler thread.

Exactly.

Fortunately, I think P5 will move away from that kind of thing, considering Hashino's track-record.

Did the finale in the last battle blow you away? Because it still amazed me, even though it was the fourth time I'd seen it.

Squire

Banned
Exactly.

Fortunately, I think P5 will move away from that kind of thing, considering Hashino's track-record.

Did the finale in the last battle blow you away? Because it still amazed me, even though it was the fourth time I'd seen it.

It did! That fight ends in such an awesome way. They do such s fantastic job looking back at everything you've done.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What are the awesome secret costumes out there? The purchasable ones don't count since they aren't a secret.

Dantis

What are the awesome secret costumes out there? The purchasable ones don't count since they aren't a secret.

Bruce Lee costume for Chie
Swimsuit for Naoto
Schoolgirl uniform for Naoto
Persona 3 uniforms for everyone
High cut armor for the girls
Junes apron for Teddie

I feel like I'm missing some.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Swimsuit for Naoto
Junes apron for Teddie

How do I get
Naoto's Swimsuit and the Highcut armors?

Tiu Neo

Swimsuit for Naoto
Junes apron for Teddie

I also got a
Biker Gang costume for Kanji, from the fox.

How do I get
Naoto's Swimsuit and the Highcut armors?

January 17 onwards, Kashiwagi quests, one each day for the
Highcut armors. The order is Naoto, Chie and Yukiko, iirc. Get them all to get the swimsuit for Naoto.

ULTROS!

I also got a
Biker Gang costume for Kanji, from the fox.

January 17 onwards, Kashiwagi quests, one each day for the
Highcut armors. The order is Naoto, Chie and Yukiko, iirc. Get them all to get the swimsuit for Naoto.

Hmm, seems kinda tough. How I get the
Biker outfit from the fox though?

Tiu Neo

Hmm, seems kinda tough. How I get the
Biker outfit from the fox though?

The first one isn't hard at all, you just have to answer some questions. Didn't get the other ones, only the first one by accident. Will try to get the others on my second playthrough. From what I saw, they are pretty much fetch quests. The third one requires you to trade an item at the hostess bar, iirc, so you MAY be able to do they any day after the 17th.

For the second question, I'm not sure. Got it when I was at the December dungeon, petting the fox. I think it's random. If it helps, I THINK it was at December 14th, but I am not sure.

I'm loving this game but I think I'm enjoying grinding the dungeons too hard - I'm 58 hours in and I'm only in August, but once I go into the TV I tend to just run around trading characters in my party, leveling and playing with tactics and acquired personas and whatnot... Last night I blew 4 hours in the dungeon without even thinking about it and I still love it. PS - Chie rocks
that Kung Fu uniform! From nought-ness to hotness in one outfit! Makes me regret hitting on Yukiko so fast...

Miker

Okay, I just got to the boss of the first dungeon (castle), and I have to say - what a boring-ass dungeon. Great enemy variety, but lacking everything else. Just hallways and small rooms. It's my first real complaint with the game so far. Do the dungeons get any better? Any puzzles? Anything that makes them less blatantly randomly generated?

Okay, I just got to the boss of the first dungeon (castle), and I have to say - what a boring-ass dungeon. Great enemy variety, but lacking everything else. Just hallways and small rooms. It's my first real complaint with the game so far. Do the dungeons get any better? Any puzzles? Anything that makes them less blatantly randomly generated?

All the dungeons are like that. Different aesthetics, but similar layouts and presentation. It's because they're randomly generated.

Tiu Neo

All the dungeons are like that. Different aesthetics, but similar layouts and presentation. It's because they're randomly generated.

Yeah, there are very few floors with defined layouts and small puzzles, but they are mostly randomly generated. The dungeon layouts where one of the weakest points on the game, imo.

Miker

:( I knew that they were randomly generated going in, but I thought the algorithm would spit out something a little bit more complex. Or add some environmental details here and there. I guess that the way they did it keeps it simple and adheres to the "go back to your highest floor" mechanic.

ULTROS!

The first dungeon isn't really exciting. I like the second and third ones a bit more because
they're totally out there and unexpected
(not really a spoiler though but it might give hints on the next dungeons).

Lusankya

:( I knew that they were randomly generated going in, but I thought the algorithm would spit out something a little bit more complex. Or add some environmental details here and there. I guess that the way they did it keeps it simple and adheres to the "go back to your highest floor" mechanic.

Well, I also didn't like these random dungeons at first, but now I kinda like them. Even Tartarus from Persona 3.
I guess it's mostly the awesome music. :D

Tiu Neo

Well, the layouts change a bit from dungeon to dungeon, and their settings get a lot better after the first one.

Also, there are some dungeons where you have to go back a floor if you didn't get an item on it or things like that, but it's kind of rare and boring.

skarabrae

Banned
Man, I don't know how some of you guys find the time for this. I haven't played in over 10 days since life has caught up to me. I'm hoping to get back into it this weekend, but I said that last weekend. :/

I actually play it when I'm at home before going to bed (since all my pure console stuff is in the living room) and during lunch time at work. That knocks out about 2-4 hours, and I'm actually able to accomplish much.

I'm not a portable game fanatic either, which is surprising, though I have some choice portable games and systems (3DS, DS, GBA, PSP, VITA, iOS?), but this is the first time I've really dug deep into a portable game since the GB days with Final Fantasy Legend 2.

How come no one ever talks about how funny Teddie's Quiz show is in the extras? Love hearing all the answers the other contestants come up with. Of course Chie would get all the food questions right, Haha.

Squire

Banned
How come no one ever talks about how funny Teddie's Quiz show is in the extras? Love hearing all the answers the other contestants come up with. Of course Chie would get all the food questions right, Haha.

I just found that last night! Awesome.

jiggles

Banned
I cut the third dungeon deadline a bit fine last night.

I only made a start a day before the fog, beasted the whole thing in one shot.

I can't remember the end, though. I was exhausted and kept falling asleep waiting for the enemies to finish attacking. It's all a bit of a blur.

I remember the mid-boss being a big snake thing, then the main shadow being a pole dancer. Can't remember how I beat it. I think I fought Teddie or something afterwards, then something about Dojima being drunk and that's it.

Tiu Neo

I lost on it a few times just to hear what they said :D

Dantis

I didn't really like it. :/

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I hate that sometimes they buzz in before you've even had a chance to read the damn question.

Oh and Youske getting all the questions about the nurses office. And Yuki being so super serious about the whole thing.

Miker

RE: dungeon design - thanks for the replies. It seems like the first dungeon is the weakest, so I'll be looking forward to the next ones.

ULTROS!

My problem with Teddie's Quiz Show is that the voices aren't synced in properly (obviously the timing is based on the Japanese dialogue). Sometimes there are long pauses, sometimes they go right away to the next sentence.

Dantis

My problem with Teddie's Quiz Show is that the voices aren't synced in properly (obviously the timing is based on the Japanese dialogue). Sometimes there are long pauses, sometimes they go right away to the next sentence.

Ha! I was literally just about to mention this.

Also, is girls giving guys chocolate on Valentine's really a thing in Japan? Just curious.

Oh, and about the Valentine's Day event
does anyone else find Naoto's events boring? As an actual character, she's pretty interesting, but Valentine's and New Year's Eve were just completely dull. Also, I didn't really get the thing with Yukiko and Chie. Was it meant to be funny or? And why did they do that anyway?

Valentine's was an interesting addition though. I really hope P5 includes birthdays. Seems crazy to me that P3 and P4 haven't done.

ULTROS!

Ha! I was literally just about to mention this.

Also, is girls giving guys chocolate on Valentine's really a thing in Japan? Just curious.

Yeah. This also applies to South Korea. I believe a month after Feb 14 is White Day, this time it's guys who give chocolates instead.

I wish there was
a Valentines Day Bromance with Yosuke, Teddie, and Kanji

kewlmyc

Yeah. This also applies to South Korea, Taiwan, and China. I believe a month after Feb 14 is White Day, this time it's guys who give chocolates instead.

I wish there was
a Valentines Day Bromance with Yosuke, Teddie, and Kanji
....There is isn't there?

Top Bottom