• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Squire

Banned
About a quarter of the way through the anime. It's pretty good! The AI episode was awesome! I'll have to do her SL on my NG+ run. Also like how they went with Kou whereas I did Daisuke,
they actually made Aika a character
, and
they're making Adachi seem like an asshole from the get-go.

Dantis

Oh my god, I love the original opening. Now I can see why people hate the new one. What the hell were they thinking?!

THIS IS WHY I WAS COMPLAINING ALL THE TIME.

Also, Meguro did a full version of the original opening song on the Remix album. Check it out, it's dynamite.

Tiu Neo

I'm slipping. I'm so tempted to go to Gamestop tomorrow and pick up the AC Vita bundle and this (and maybe Gravity Rush).

Arrrgggghhhh...

I'm actually kinda in the same spot as you. My parents keep asking me for a Christmas gift, and I'm not sure if I want the Nexus 7 or the AC bundle + Persona 4 Golden.

AC Vita + One year of Playstation Plus + Persona 4 Golden is all you need.

Who's more important for me to hang out with Kou and his balls or Yosuke?

I choose Yosuke first because
getting his S. Rank to 10 makes his Persona change.

Your top two games are Persona 4 and Suikoden II? Comrade!

I have a weak spot for good games :p

About a quarter of the way through the anime. It's pretty good! The AI episode was awesome! I'll have to do her SL on my NG+ run. Also like how they went with Kou whereas I did Daisuke,
they actually made Aika a character
, and
they're making Adachi seem like an asshole from the get-go.

On my first play, I started Ai's S. Link in January, after watching the anime, haha.

Too bad they didn't create an Aika S. Link :(

Squire

Banned
THIS IS WHY I WAS COMPLAINING ALL THE TIME.

Also, Meguro did a full version of the original opening song on the Remix album. Check it out, it's dynamite.

Hahaha! Dude, I was like, "Holy SHIT, Dantis was right!" Will do on checking out the remix. That opening track is incredible.

On my first play, I started Ai's S. Link in January, after watching the anime, haha.

Too bad they didn't create an Aika S. Link :(

Ha, I'd date Aika. The design is cute. Very girl-next-door. And hey! I eat at her Dad's place all the time[!/I] *wink*

Jintor

Hahaha! Dude, I was like, "Holy SHIT, Dantis was right!" Will do on checking out the remix. That opening track is incredible.

Ha, I'd date Aika. The design is cute. Very girl-next-door. And hey! I eat at her Dad's place all the time[!/I] *wink*

It's really fucking good

Dantis

Got some seriously heavy fog over here.

Persona 4 was the first thing that came to my mind when I looked out the window.

Tiu Neo

Got some seriously heavy fog over here.

Persona 4 was the first thing that came to my mind when I looked out the window.

It's spring here right now, but on the winter, almost every day there's a thick fog here, where I work. Now I know. o_o

Jintor

Watching the Persona 4 concert on YouTube, does this have CC options? If it does, I can't find them on YouTube's new goddamn bullshit layout

Dantis

personarendercomposite.png

Just need to shade Maya and Tatsuya, then it's just a matter of neatening it up and fixing my errors (Assuming I'm not too lazy).

Iacobellis

Why is the music in Eastern games so catchy? I'm loving the soundtrack to this game, mainly the music outside of battles. So upbeat and cheerful!

cjkeats

This concert is fucking transcendent.

Is it the 2012 one? They knocked it outta the park at all three of them, but 2012 was goddamn astounding. It's only downfall was the missing P3P girl. She was a pleasure to listen and look at during the previous one.

Alfredo

Just got to the ski trip. Man, there's a lot of content here, more than I was expecting! I reloaded my save three times to get three different scenes. Might reload again to get the other two, but pretty fun stuff.

Necrovex

Watching the Persona 4 concert on YouTube, does this have CC options? If it does, I can't find them on YouTube's new goddamn bullshit layout

Listening to that concert made playing TOR so much more bearable. I was able to catch a few lines from the concert during the speaking portion (the benefits of learning Japanese!). If I get to live in Japan next year, I'll certainly make time to see the Persona concert live.

Just need to shade Maya and Tatsuya, then it's just a matter of neatening it up and fixing my errors (Assuming I'm not too lazy).

Your picture may become my Vita background.

Frostburn

Looks good!

I'm only 2.5 hours into the game (For the first time ever) and I'm loving it so far, things are just getting started and I'm sure I've only scratched the surface but I can't help but wishing I had more free time to play.

Listening to that concert made playing TOR so much more bearable. I was able to catch a few lines from the concert during the speaking portion (the benefits of learning Japanese!). If I get to live in Japan next year, I'll certainly make time to see the Persona concert live.

Have they announced the date/time for their next concert already?

Not to my knowledge, but I am simply hoping it won't happen until I get to Japan.

Gotcha. I totally need to plan a trip to see it live sometime once it's announced.

I tried to apply for a job a few years ago teaching English overseas, but didn't get it so there went any hopes of me living in Japan for any prolonged period of time anytime soon. Unless I want to try going to grad school there....

kuroshiki

Gotcha. I totally need to plan a trip to see it live sometime once it's announced.

I tried to apply for a job a few years ago teaching English overseas, but didn't get it so there went any hopes of me living in Japan for any prolonged period of time anytime soon. Unless I want to try going to grad school there....

I'm just wondering, why do you want to teach English in Japan? Isn't there just over fluctuation of teachers in there?

I'm just wondering, why do you want to teach English in Japan? Isn't there just over fluctuation of teachers in there?

It's supposingly an easy way to get a job overseas in Japan if you don't speak the language fluently since the companies provide you with enough compensation to live over there (incl. subsidized housing). I originally had the idea of trying to get into break into the gaming industry once I was over there for a few years after I immersed myself in the language.

However, as P4G shows us things can't stay static forever. So yah, my priorities have changed now. As much as I would like to live over there right now, there's no way in heck I can afford to at the moment. Maybe I'll try again in a few years, but I've got to take care of my own stuff here in the States first.

hwy_61

Banned
So, I just watched parts 1-3 of the Giant Bomb ER. Should I stop watching and just go and buy the game? I want to keep watching for the hilarious commentary!

I'm in
Kanji's
dungeon right now and I'm really enjoying the game. Just had a pretty cool moment where Chie and Yukiko did some special move (double dragon something). Was that in the original game? I don't remember seeing that.

kuroshiki

I'm in
Kanji's
dungeon right now and I'm really enjoying the game. Just had a pretty cool moment where Chie and Yukiko did some special move (double dragon something). Was that in the original game? I don't remember seeing that.

yukiko x chie, kanji x naoto, ted x yosuke all have special tag combo that is original to P4G. They all look alright but damage suck ass. Don't know what's the point. =X

So, I just watched parts 1-3 of the Giant Bomb ER. Should I stop watching and just go and buy the game? I want to keep watching for the hilarious commentary!

Play the game on your own if possible and then watch their ER - having the context in mind as they play makes it even better IMO :)

Tiu Neo

yukiko x chie, kanji x naoto, ted x yosuke all have special tag combo that is original to P4G. They all look alright but damage suck ass. Don't know what's the point. =X

Well, it's extra damage with a cool scene, since it doesn't eat a characters turn or anything like that.

Top Bottom