• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Sophia

Whelp. There is now a Call of Duty-bundled Vita under the Christmas tree, alongside Persona 4 Golden.

I can't open it til Christmas day tho, so I shall continue to be Goldenless. ;_;

DJ_Lae

Game's slow going with not a ton of free time to play. I'm currently 20 hours in, just started
Mitsuo's
dungeon. Great music.

I need to do some fusions, though. I'm still using the same personas I was two or even three dungeons ago. I love the new search function and being able to choose skills, but I think I'll still have to poke through a bit of a guide to generate some of the lower level persona I need for some current level fusions.

I've also taken quite a few screenshots where I've never even used the function before on my Vita. And Chie is beginning to grow on me - I'm not skipping as much of her voiced dialogue as I was at first.

Trigger

I wonder if the next game will ever acknowledge that my character is loaded. I've got about 2 million yen on me. Hell, I could completely renovate the shrine with that kind of money.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Whelp. There is now a Call of Duty-bundled Vita under the Christmas tree, alongside Persona 4 Golden.

I can't open it til Christmas day tho, so I shall continue to be Goldenless. ;_;

Yay! I'm happy for you. :3

Experience the love. On Christmas.

Sophia

Yay! I'm happy for you. :3

Experience the love. On Christmas.

Guess I have to get the rest of the series too, and a digital copy of Persona 3 Portable. And Ys, and the Mega Man X remake, and Dissidia, and Crisis Core, and all the other PSP games I've missed out because my PSP is a used piece of crap. >_>;

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Guess I have to get the rest of the series too, and a digital copy of Persona 3 Portable. And Ys, and the Mega Man X remake, and Dissidia, and Crisis Core, and all the other PSP games I've missed out because my PSP is a used piece of crap. >_>;

Just make sure to grab a larger memory card than the one that comes in the bundle.

Sophia

Just make sure to grab a larger memory card than the one that comes in the bundle.

Eventually. I will pray for a sale or price drop on the 16 or 32GB one. =P

Much preferred Rise' japanese voice actress, the english one isnt bad per se I just find her voice a bit off putting

I've always been found of Laura Bailey ever since seeing her in Blue Gender, too bad most directors don't utilize her that well.

Golbez

I love how loud the Vita can get, but it still isn't high enough when that boss fight starts and I'll Face Myself hits.

Tiu Neo

Oh, so you have a lot of catching up to do :D The PSP has a lot of great games, and was a paradise for Japanese RPGs.

Oh, if you get dissidia, get the second one. It includes the first one's story mode on it too, so you won't miss a lot skipping the first one.

Also, last time I checked, Crisis Core wasn't on the US PSN. I hope someone fixes that soon, I really liked it.

But it's so boring. :/

I did the first round and then turned it off.

Do one at a time. They're fast. Oh well, I'll spoil the special prize for you:
One Teddie Smooch!

Sophia

Oh, so you have a lot of catching up to do :D The PSP has a lot of great games, and was a paradise for Japanese RPGs.

Oh, if you get dissidia, get the second one. It includes the first one's story mode on it too, so you won't miss a lot skipping the first one.

Also, last time I checked, Crisis Core wasn't on the US PSN. I hope someone fixes that soon, I really liked it.

Some catching up to do, yeah. I owned a PSP, but it was used (basically got it for free) and therefore I didn't buy much with it. I was limited to what I could rent.

The 16GB is 45 at amazon. :eek:

Will have to wait until January then. Oh well, I have a 100 hour RPG to tide me over. >_>;

Dantis

Some catching up to do, yeah. I owned a PSP, but it was used (basically got it for free) and therefore I didn't buy much with it. I was limited to what I could rent.

Will have to wait until January then. Oh well, I have a 100 hour RPG to tide me over. >_>;

Wait, have you not played P3P then?

skarabrae

Banned
Just arrived at the mid-boss of
Rise's
dungeon! I removed Chie's Mabufu and got her the Apt Pupil skill. Am trying a party that's comprised of Chie, Kanji, and Yukiko. Kanji and Chie's deals some massive damage with the types of enemies in this dungeon!

I noticed that something new (maybe?) to this game is the tag team attacks with certain characters. I know Chie and Yukiko have one, but what are the other combinations available?

Trigger

What, you don't like giant walking vaginas with teeth?

Only in my Resident Evil games.

Just arrived at the mid-boss of
Rise's
dungeon! I removed Chie's Mabufu and got her the Apt Pupil skill. Am trying a party that's comprised of Chie, Kanji, and Yukiko. Kanji and Chie's deals some massive damage with the types of enemies in this dungeon!

I noticed that something new (maybe?) to this game is the tag team attacks with certain characters. I know Chie and Yukiko have one, but what are the other combinations available?

Yosuke and Teddie plus Naoto and Kanji.

Syrinx

I'm in November now.

So the killer has (seemingly, but it seems pretty goddamn sure) been identified. It's Natauname, or whatever his name is. The enka singer's husband. Was he the one in that affair with the reporter he murdered? Just need a bit of a refresher I guess.

Then he kidnapped Nanako. What a dickhead. This part of the game really had me feeling for Dojima. He already lost his wife and now his daughter is kidnapped. Even when he was interrogating me before learning that, it's kinda hard to remember that he doesn't know what you know, and so his suspicions of you, given what he does, really kinda made sense.

One thing I don't get; the killer said, "Rescue one more and you'll lose someone close to you". Or whatever. So, why did he go past the "rescue one more" part and just kidnap Nanako? Maybe I'm trying to hard to understand a madman, but it's still sorta confusing.

So, the way things are looking now, there shouldn't be all that much time left in the game. I suppose the game could have something extra up it's sleeve ala Persona 3, but it seems hard to imagine how they'll go much beyond this. However, people were talking about a Valentine's Day event. Does the game really go that long?

Dantis

I'm in November now.

So the killer has (seemingly, but it seems pretty goddamn sure) been identified. It's Natauname, or whatever his name is. The enka singer's husband. Was he the one in that affair with the reporter he murdered? Just need a bit of a refresher I guess.

Then he kidnapped Nanako. What a dickhead. This part of the game really had me feeling for Dojima. He already lost his wife and now his daughter is kidnapped. Even when he was interrogating me before learning that, it's kinda hard to remember that he doesn't know what you know, and so his suspicions of you, given what he does, really kinda made sense.

One thing I don't get; the killer said, "Rescue one more and you'll lose someone close to you". Or whatever. So, why did he go past the "rescue one more" part and just kidnap Nanako? Maybe I'm trying to hard to understand a madman, but it's still sorta confusing.

So, the way things are looking now, there shouldn't be all that much time left in the game. I suppose the game could have something extra up it's sleeve ala Persona 3, but it seems hard to imagine how they'll go much beyond this. However, people were talking about a Valentine's Day event. Does the game really go that long?

All I'll say is that there's an amount of content left.

I'm in November now.

Yep! It's really THAT long. Don't worry, you'll get plenty of explanations soon enough. Just stay the course.

skarabrae

Banned
I'm in November now.

Oh yea it does.

Trigger

I'm in November now.

It'll all make sense once you hit the hit very very end.

Meier

Holy crap, Kunino-sagiri is pretty tough. Think I have to come into this fight will full SP. :eek:

Edit: Ohhh shit, somehow just got 1-shotted with essentially full health on the MC. o_O My persona wasn't weak to fire but I took 463 dmg and BAM. Dead. I had him at about 60% or so I'd say.

Top Bottom