• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

What's the max amount of social links I can pursue and reasonably max in one playthrough? I've always kept it smaller out of being worried but I wanna do more on the vita.

Uthred

Not that big. Christmas Eve. She wears lady clothes.

It's just silly, inconsistent fan service.

Her breasts look a decent size when she wears the girls school uniform its not particularly inconsistent and the game was rife with fan service long before Golden

Trigger

wtf really? Did you have to do something special or is there just simply more time/opportunity in Golden.

edit: I mean without following a guide.

There's more time in Golden. Maxing all the social links is an issue of proper time management and understanding the social stat and social links systems. You need to max all of the stats minus diligence to unlock them all. I'm using a guide to do it personally. Reasonably you could do all of them except one in a single playthrough without a guide.

damn that's nice

Buy the game

udIby.jpg

There's more time in Golden. Maxing all the social links is an issue of proper time management and understanding the social stat and social links systems. You need to max all of the stats minus diligence to unlock them all. I'm using a guide to do it personally. Reasonably you could do all of them except one in a single playthrough without a guide.
ah I see, well that's good to hear.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's no way I can miss the Featherman costumes right? I know there's weapons though, but the costumes themselves, I'll get through the main story

Dantis

But fan service makes the world go round. Persona 2 would have been better with Maya fan service.

...We can't be friends any more. :(

Her breasts look a decent size when she wears the girls school uniform its not particularly inconsistent and the game was rife with fan service long before Golden

Watch the epilogue. They're huuuuuge. Easily noticeably bigger.

And I'm not having the fan service discussion with you in this topic. That will just get us both added to more ignore lists. :p

Uthred

Watch the epilogue. They're huuuuuge. Easily noticeably bigger.

And I'm not having the fan service discussion with you in this topic. That will just get us both added to more ignore lists. :p

Haha, true, havent seen the epilogue yet shall reserve ultimate breast judgement till then ;)

There's no way I can miss the Featherman costumes right? I know there's weapons though, but the costumes themselves, I'll get through the main story

Full costume guide here - http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/641695-persona-4-golden/wiki/3-1-costume-guide- seems you buy them

Uthred

It's actually a really nice event, it's just that
I guess Rise and Naoto got implants somewhere over the last six months.

Most of the new events have been pretty good so far, they make it feel more like a game where "This is a year of the MC's life, heres the stuff that happened" whereas P4 "Classic" often felt like "Here is a game it happens to be about the MC's life", they make it feel more cohesive? I suppose. Though they do pander do/fall into stereotypes associated with high school based anime, which I personally enjoy but if you dislike that kind of stuff (which I seem to recall you mentioning you did?) I can see how it could grate. Clearly though the game should have cranked the fan-service to 11 and added in a student council event

Dantis

I just finished the new dungeon. Man, that was annoying. >=[

Yup.

I really hate how the game tries to make you care about Marie when we know her so little, too. Like the montage of memories and stuff. They really, really overestimated how likeable and interesting she is as a character.

Most of the new events have been pretty good so far, they make it feel more like a game where "This is a year of the MC's life, heres the stuff that happened" whereas P4 "Classic" often felt like "Here is a game it happens to be about the MC's life", they make it feel more cohesive? I suppose. Though they do pander do/fall into stereotypes associated with high school based anime, which I personally enjoy but if you dislike that kind of stuff (which I seem to recall you mentioning you did?) I can see how it could grate. Clearly though the game should have cranked the fan-service to 11 and added in a student council event

For the most part, I found the new scenes fine, but irrelevent. I would have liked a little more substance.

The only ones that bothered me were the two new bath house scenes and the True Story scene. They move too close to anime tropes for my taste.

Venfayth

I thought it was a nice change. Might be annoying to replay, though, now that the initial learning is done.

I really hate how the game tries to make you care about Marie when we know her so little, too. Like the montage of memories and stuff. They really, really overestimated how likeable and interesting she is as a character.

Wat? I thought she was very likable and interesting. I just thought the talkingreallyfastwithnospaces was kinda cheesy.

edit: Oh yeah, and the poems were laughable also, but I think that was the point.

Hey guys I have a question.
I'm trying to max out Adachi's S. link but its like he stopped showing up? I have it at rank 5 and Im in September already. What's the deal? I know I have to do it before a certain time. Did I mess up already?

Trigger

Hey guys I have a question.
I'm trying to max out Adachi's S. link but its like he stopped showing up? I have it at rank 5 and Im in September already. What's the deal? I know I have to do it before a certain time. Did I mess up already?

You're fine. Use the voice function to see if someone has hung out with him that day and religiously visit Junes to see if he's free. Adachi also appears at night too in the shopping district.

But it was pretty nice to look at. I hope Persona 5 changes the shadows to match the setting too.

Dantis

Wat? I thought she was very likable and interesting. I just thought the talkingreallyfastwithnospaces was kinda cheesy.

edit: Oh yeah, and the poems were laughable also, but I think that was the point.

I just found her really boring and completely lacking in plot and personality. Most of Persona 4's characters have some kind of complexity that makes them stand out. She was a complete cliche.

But it was pretty nice to look at. I hope Persona 5 changes the shadows to match the setting too.

It really was. Easily the nicest looking dungeon.

The fact they took time out to build an engine makes me think they're really grabbing the bull by the horns with P5.

It won't be technically impressive, I don't think, but it'll look nice. I'm expecting it to look like Catherine, but on a bigger scale.

Uthred

For the most part, I found the new scenes fine, but irrelevent. I would have liked a little more substance.

I can see how they were irrelevant in the strictest sense as they didnt feed into the main narrative for the most part. But I think they helped make the game feel more "complete" as they gave more time with the characters (some of whom were fairly one dimensional in the original) and the world, which I enjoyed. Havent finished the Marie S.Link yet (bout half way through) Im still fairly ambivalent about here, I like her visual design but so far she feels a bit more derivative than the other characters (which may not be super original either but feel a bit more "alive" than Marie has so far)

CatPee

Just picked up a Vita and P4 today.

I've only ever watched the GB Endurance Run, and THESE SCREENS ARE SO CRISP.

Yep. Colors also look incredible on the OLED screen. Persona 4 on PCSX2 running at 6x the native resolution still doesn't compare to P4G's colors and crispness.

Squire

Banned
It won't be technically impressive, I don't think, but it'll look nice. I'm expecting it to look like Catherine, but on a bigger scale.

Oh no, I'm talking more in terms of the general scope of the game and the volume of content. The graphics will be whatever. Persona is clearly more about the art direction and it's Soejima again, so it'll be fine.

I can see how they were irrelevant in the strictest sense as they didnt feed into the main narrative for the most part. But I think they helped make the game feel more "complete" as they gave more time with the characters (some of whom were fairly one dimensional in the original) and the world, which I enjoyed. Havent finished the Marie S.Link yet (bout half way through) Im still fairly ambivalent about here, I like her visual design but so far she feels a bit more derivative than the other characters (which may not be super original either but feel a bit more "alive" than Marie has so far)

i'd go with 'bloated' :) . on reflection (i finished 2 days ago), i most definitely preferred the tone, pace, & low-key nature of original. the lecture & concert tv features were very cool, but everything else, including the epilog (fuck closure!), felt tacked on, vapid, & cheesy. but it's okay - i have my memories :) ...

Me too! Happily! But figured it out on a second playthrough, trying to max s-link.

Very loosely spoilers, mostly for consistency
It's true, but because she is a night link, especially on a second try, just do whatever the hell you want and you will be fine. Also, you get less points, but you can maximize the amount of "spending a long time" with the ladies.

Dantis

Oh man, we'll have all the Japanese ladies coming up to us. You're going to miss out, Dantis.

It's cool, Meguro is overrated anyway and I never really liked him.

;_;

Oh no, I'm talking more in terms of the general scope of the game and the volume of content. The graphics will be whatever. Persona is clearly more about the art direction and it's Soejima again, so it'll be fine.

Yup. I'm so excited for it. The second it gets announced I'm going to be bouncing around like a child.

Some very, very early impressions :

1) Chie's new voice is.....better acted? I guess? Still prefer the original, but I'm only an hour in.

2) Game is straight up gorgeous on the Vita's screen.

3) I don't much enjoy the start screen intro, feels too forced.

Some very, very early impressions :

1) Chie's new voice is.....better acted? I guess? Still prefer the original, but I'm only an hour in.

Lol. You can like it better. But this? No way. No way at all. Based on one episode of the anime she is significantly better than she is in the game, though. So I think direction might have been an issue. Or I am just used to it after 100 hours. Could be either.

3) I don't much enjoy the start screen intro, feels too forced.

It really grew on me since I saw the first time. It has absolutely nothing on the style of the original, but it can be nice.

rockx4

I'm working my way through Magatsu Mandala at level 71 and still trying for Hardcore Risette Fan. I'm scanning and running from every fight so I don't gain levels :\

How many dungeons are left and what level shouldn't I reach to still get comments on enemies being difficult. I'm playing on normal.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm working my way through Magatsu Mandala at level 71 and still trying for Hardcore Risette Fan. I'm scanning and running from every fight so I don't gain levels :\

How many dungeons are left and what level shouldn't I reach to still get comments on enemies being difficult. I'm playing on normal.

There are over 350 lines, switching characters is more important then out-leveling.

Top Bottom