• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Trigger

I'm working my way through Magatsu Mandala at level 71 and still trying for Hardcore Risette Fan. I'm scanning and running from every fight so I don't gain levels :\

How many dungeons are left and what level shouldn't I reach to still get comments on enemies being difficult. I'm playing on normal.

I think you're screwed. Most enemies aren't that much stronger than that dungeon's shadows. Two dungeons left if you do the bonus and true ending paths.

EDIT- I'm a bit unclear on this trophy. Does a person have to hear all or just most of Rise's lines?

I'm working my way through Magatsu Mandala at level 71 and still trying for Hardcore Risette Fan. I'm scanning and running from every fight so I don't gain levels :\

How many dungeons are left and what level shouldn't I reach to still get comments on enemies being difficult. I'm playing on normal.

Potentially 2, depending on how you play your cards. I got it in the next one. And I usually forget to scan, but I was pretty hardcore about it where you are now. And I was also overleveled, so I never got- this one is strong, it was always this one is puny. Run into one of the early dungeons and scan those enemies if you don't get it soon.

There are over 350 lines, switching characters is more important then out-leveling.

But I did forget to mention this. I have brought every character into every dungeon after I got them, just as a way of raising levels, so that might have helped me.

I got the trophy randomly in the last dungeon. I suggest switching party members occasionally and always analyse an enemy, and you will probably get it.

rockx4

It was way too easy to gain levels while doing the quests, should I up the difficulty if I don't get it on this playthrough? I'm having a tough time finding shadows that do status ailments, and I've been switching party members regularly as I finish quests in the dungeons.

Edit: Just got the trophy when Naoto killed 3 shadows at once. Now I don't have to worry too much on my next playthrough.

Squire

Banned
So, is Yu Narukami the official canon name? I'm still not sure what I'll name the MC on my NG+ run. It'll be that it I'll stick with Charlie :)

Yup. I'm so excited for it. The second it gets announced I'm going to be bouncing around like a child.

Ditto.

Watching the anime now, with the dubs. And

Voice Actor related, so not really a spoiler, but it might "ruin" a non-story aspect of it for you
Having Adachi's VA do the MC/Yu voice was a terrible fucking decision. He didn't even attempt to do a different voice. Can't wait until I get to a conversation between Adachi and Adachi. Lol.

Anyways, probably going to boot up Arena and play that while I do my NG+ run through. Need to complete the compendium, get NG+, and maybe get a Platinum if I have the motivation before I put it down for a while. The Easy mode experience/money is certainly nice, though. I was over-leveled by accident at the first boss. Fusion level restrictions are more of a pain in the ass than I anticipated.

Is the secret boss in this one a cheesefest requiring an exact persona combination like in P3?

Curufinwe

He had already done Yu's voice in Arena so changing it for the anime dub wasn't an option. There's a YouTube clip of him discussing it floating around.

Trigger

Watching the anime now, with the dubs. And

Voice Actor related, so not really a spoiler, but it might "ruin" a non-story aspect of it for you
Having Adachi's VA do the MC/Yu voice was a terrible fucking decision. He didn't even attempt to do a different voice. Can't wait until I get to a conversation between Adachi and Adachi. Lol.

I'm not bothered by that. The MC in SMT games are always mutes, so unless Adachi is added to Arena's roster there's never really going to be a confilct.

Is the secret boss in this one a cheesefest requiring an exact persona combination like in P3?

No, but she's no push over (unless you screw with the difficulty).

He had already done Yu's voice in Arena so changing it for the anime dub wasn't an option. There's a YouTube clip of him discussing it floating around.

I'm not bothered by that. The MC in SMT games are always mutes, so unless Adachi is added to Arena's roster there's never really going to be a confilct.

No, but she's no push over (unless you screw with the difficulty).

Hmm, fair enough. I hadn't considered that, but its not like the anime was a surprise, so that isn't really an excuse. So good for consistency, bad for the initial decision.

And thanks for the other info. Still a ways off, regardless, as I'm only about a month in on my Plus playthrough.

Necrovex

It's cool, Meguro is overrated anyway and I never really liked him.

;_;

Yup. I'm so excited for it. The second it gets announced I'm going to be bouncing around like a child.

I'll send you pictures of the concert. Though, they will probably won't have any effect on you because you don't care about Meugro. :p

You won't be bouncing around when you discover the setting and the ensemble are elementary focused.

Iacobellis

Another question from me about the same place as last time, but what are the best Personas to use on
Kanji's Shadow
?

If you haven't noticed, I am terribad at RPGs.

Whenever someone rescues me and has their MC named Yu I'm so disappointed.

It's so boring.

I don't know Japanese names. And I'm not going to name him Charlie. So if he has a canon name, I'll use it. if not I usually just go with Hiro (lol). That is what I did for Devil Survivor anyways.

CronoShot

Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Do it man.

What the fuck man. Do it now. This game will suck life out of you, literally.

AC Vita + One year of Playstation Plus + Persona 4 Golden is all you need.

9r0Qd.jpg

Fucking peer pressure. At least Gamestop gave me Lego Batman 2 for free for some reason.

Rise ruining weakness roulette :(

So not SMT

Anyway, having trouble killing the hands at level 60
Heaven
. I'm supposed to use Almighty attacks right? I don't have a persona with it atm, was gonna fuse Raphael. Should I be fine then?

Noi

Reach the middle? of dungeon #3 and fight the first boss.

Boss uses Stagnant Air and Virus Wave as its first turn moves. OHKO's whole party except Kanji.

That goes so beyond being a dick move that it loops around the earth bad suckerpunches me a second time.

Dresden

Reach the middle? of dungeon #3 and fight the first boss.

Boss uses Stagnant Air and Virus Wave as its first turn moves. OHKO's whole party except Kanji.

That goes so beyond being a dick move that it loops around the earth bad suckerpunches me a second time.

Aw, it ain't that bad. P3 had real asshole mid-bosses.

Noi

I would know, I played P3P on Maniac!

(I should probably add a *Is playing on Very Hard disclaimer to all of my posts).

Amusing how a level 25 Kanji joined my party when the rest of it was at level 15. Still haven't reached 19/20!

Sophia

I would know, I played P3P on Maniac!

(I should probably add a *Is playing on Very Hard disclaimer to all of my posts).

Amusing how a level 25 Kanji joined my party when the rest of it was at level 15. Still haven't reached 19/20!

I kinda liked how Persona 3 simply introduced new party members three to four levels higher than whatever your main was. Then you didn't have that problem. Granted, keeping Kanji in the party will make everyone else get XP faster so it's not a total loss to have him around.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

God I remember that one Minotaur Boss in December on the final set of floors. Fuck that guy. Though to be fair, IIRC, grinding took a fair amount longer than it does in 4, esp. with Golden Hand XP/money.

And I just saw a few clips from Arena/Anime Yu after reading here that they re-used the VA for Adachi for Yu. What the hell were they thinking? It's almost literally just a tiny variety in pitch and delivery. Sigh.

Although those clips did link me to the anime version of Manly Swag.

Alfredo

Welp, finally beat Persona 4. It took me 3 years, but I did it!

I never beat the original. I watched Giant Bomb beat it, then got up to the point in which you get access to the bad ending myself. That was on the PS2.

But I just now beat Golden.

On new game plus, I plan to max all social links, be a total player, and actually spend my money. I ended up with over 3 million yen, lol.

Squire

Banned
So, I finished the first half of the anime.

I like it. I think it's cool for people who've played the game and I can't wait to see the second half, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who wants the story minus the game surrounding it.

The Ai episode is the best this far. If wish they'd gone all the way and made Aika a character in P4G (complete with a SL/dating option.)

Here's an interesting fan "interview" about that with Adachi/Yu's VA. It's kinda funny: http://youtu.be/7_2Io5dY2cA?t=29m

Thanks for the link. He is a good speaker. Just wish he had (or was directed to use) more vocal range. His Adachi is great, and his Yu would be perfectly adequate in a separate show, though.

edit: I don't agree with the assertion that they couldn't have replaced him for Arena/the Anime, though. Saying Persona and Persona names doesn't make you irreplaceable. Although it is perfectly understandable to use him as they did for P4 back in the day. I think they did the same thing for P3 protagonist. And in P4 Yumi's actress does the voice for lots of the random girls in your class, which is kind of weird because of how easily identifiable it is, but on a much smaller scale.

Thanks for the link. He is a good speaker. Just wish he had (or was directed to use) more vocal range. His Adachi is great, and his Yu would be perfectly adequate in a separate show, though.

edit: I don't agree with the assertion that they couldn't have replaced him for Arena/the Anime, though. Saying Persona and Persona names doesn't make you irreplaceable. Although it is perfectly understandable to use him as they did for P4 back in the day. I think they did the same thing for P3 protagonist. And in P4 Yumi's actress does the voice for lots of the random girls in your class, which is kind of weird because of how easily identifiable it is, but on a much smaller scale.

This is probably not true but I've heard (major P4 spoiler)
it may be intentional that the protagonist/antagonist of the story had the same voice to show the opposite paths they took in using the identical power to enter the TV they both had. Apparently that's a common trope.

Squire

Banned
it may be intentional that the protagonist/antagonist of the story had the same voice to show the opposite paths they took in using the identical power to enter the TV they both had. Apparently that's a common trope.

That thought vaguely occurred to me, yeah. Could totally see it.

Dantis

I'll send you pictures of the concert. Though, they will probably won't have any effect on you because you don't care about Meugro. :p

You won't be bouncing around when you discover the setting and the ensemble are elementary focused.

Naaaah, Hashino won't disappoint me.

I hope. :(

That thought vaguely occurred to me, yeah. Could totally see it.

Different actors in the JP one.

Tiu Neo

9r0Qd.jpg

Fucking peer pressure. At least Gamestop gave me Lego Batman 2 for free for some reason.

Hahaha, welcome to the club :D

Hmmm... But don't they have different VAs os the japanese dubs?

Yasir

Probably been asked a million times already. Having never played any of the other games in the series, how easy is it to get into P4:G. I'm only really a casual jrpg player, haven't been able to complete many, usual pattern is me getting to 30ish hours before telling myself I'll return to it and then never doing so.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Tiu Neo

Probably been asked a million times already. Having never played any of the other games in the series, how easy is it to get into P4:G. I'm only really a casual jrpg player, haven't been able to complete many, usual pattern is me getting to 30ish hours before telling myself I'll return to it and then never doing so.

It's an independent story, and it's structure is different from most RPGs. Dungeon exploration is just one part of the game, the other part (and where I spent 70% of my time on) is building relationships with your friends and other people.

Also, the story is different from most RPGs, since you objective is solving a mystery.

God damn,
Kunino-sagiri
is styling on me. Don't remember this dude being that hard

Fairly easy I think. Mechanically, it's quite simple. How much you like it depends on how much you gel with the cast. Despite the supernatural element, the characters you encounter are regular people by and large which is a bit of change of pace from most JRPGs. Once you dig in to the persona aspect, it's pretty crazy how addictive and customizable they are, now especially. You can however ignore that stuff and still have an enjoyable experience. Even though it made its start as a console game, it fits a handheld playstyle really well. You can knock out a few dungeon floors or work on social links at your own pace. The plot moves at a steady pace and it never feels like you're really 'getting into something' if you know what I mean.

Game is pretty sweet.

Top Bottom