• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

barrin87

Is it possible to miss Social Links completely? I heard Saki's brother is a Social Link and I told him to go home the once I have seen him. I haven't seen him since though so I'm not sure if I screwed something up.

Also, when does Kanji become a Social Link? I have had him through an entire dungeon and he still hasn't been around town.

Noi

Is it possible to miss Social Links completely? I heard Saki's brother is a Social Link and I told him to go home the once I have seen him. I haven't seen him since though so I'm not sure if I screwed something up.

Also, when does Kanji become a Social Link? I have had him through an entire dungeon and he still hasn't been around town.

Both of them are at school. Saki's brother is in the hallway of the main building's first floor. To get Kanji, you have to talk to the girl standing in front of your classroom, then find Kanji in the first floor of the Practice Building.

You have to talk to Kanji (he's waiting by the sewing room in the Practice Building) then find a girl on the 2nd floor of the Classroom Building then talk to Kanji again.

As for Saki, he should be hanging out on the first floor near the stairs on certain days. The event that gets him to show up there isn't missable.

Trigger

For Naoki:
You have to talk to him three times before the Hanged Man social link starts.

For Kanji:
You can start the social link once he appears on campus. A girl will appear on the second floor the classroom building and will accuse Kanji of bullying. After talking to her talk to Kanji in the practice building to start the social link.

barrin87

Cool, thank you to all three of you for the information! I have only seen Kanji once and he just asked to study with me. I haven't been going into the practice building though all that often though and I usually only go down to the first floor to talk to Yukiko. Now I know what to do at least! =D

TWILT

Banned
Hmm, is it possible to read all books AND max all social links on a NG+ playthrough? I apparently missed a book from a Strength S.Link event because my rank was too high. :|

Trigger

Hmm, is it possible to read all books AND max all social links on a NG+ playthrough? I apparently missed a book from a Strength S.Link event because my rank was too high. :|

Without the Witch Detective (the book from the Strength event) you can't do it. I got the book and so far it looks like I'll have plenty of time to max everyone and get the reading in.

Syrinx

About Yumi's s-link: I'm at level 7 on this, and I'm really not sure I'm much of a fan of it. I know a lot of people here have expressed love for this link, but it just seems so stagnant. It seems like
Yumi's father has been in the hospital forever and that really not much is progressing at all.
Maybe this is because I've been kinda neglecting her link over the last while, but the thing just doesn't seem to go anywhere. I wager
her dad will die eventually and it'll be all emotional
but it just takes too long for anything to happen.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/641695-persona-4-golden/faqs/64630

I've been using this guide, but I'm on NG+ so obviously I'm skipping a few things here and there. IE When it says to study, I don't need to anymore because all my attributes are maxed. That's mostly what I focused on my first playthrough. So far so good

About Yumi's s-link: I'm at level 7 on this, and I'm really not sure I'm much of a fan of it. I know a lot of people here have expressed love for this link, but it just seems so stagnant. It seems like
Yumi's father has been in the hospital forever and that really not much is progressing at all.
Maybe this is because I've been kinda neglecting her link over the last while, but the thing just doesn't seem to go anywhere. I wager
People only like this link because the alternative is hanging out with chiaotzu.

kewlmyc

Just got done with
Naoto's
, and I'm in love with the new shuffle time. The Skill Up, Level Up, and stat boost cards can lead to some overpowered personas. Hard mode isn't even hard anymore.

2012-12-14-230514.jpg

2012-12-14-230711.jpg

Trigger

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/641695-persona-4-golden/faqs/64630

I've been using this guide, but I'm on NG+ so obviously I'm skipping a few things here and there. IE When it says to study, I don't need to anymore because all my attributes are maxed. That's mostly what I focused on my first playthrough. So far so good

How far along are you? I've been using this guide too actually. I'm at 6/25 now and everything seems to be going well for the most part. I'm a little ahead on some social links tho.

Dantis

I really like that S Link, though Yumi herself is a pretty mean character.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
How far along are you? I've been using this guide too actually. I'm at 6/25 now and everything seems to be going well for the most part. I'm a little ahead on some social links tho.

7/13 right now, I'm pretty much on par with the guide.

Dantis

Its appropriate that shes in the drama club cause all you get with her is drama

Pretty much. I feel like a bittersweet S Link is really needed in P4 though and she fills that roll well. Everyone else is so happy and uplifting.

Except Marie who's just shit. Ho hum.

Omikaru

If you could both let me know how this one goes, that'd be great. I may want to try this on NG+ myself.

Pretty much. I feel like a bittersweet S Link is really needed in P4 though and she fills that roll well. Everyone else is so happy and uplifting.

Except Marie who's just shit. Ho hum.

I felt pretty bad at the end of her S.Link.
I totally bailed out of the room when she turned her back cuz I didn't want to cheat on Yukiko. :*(

Trigger

I liked Yumi's social link a lot. I'm doing Ayane's this time and it feels really flat.

If you could both let me know how this one goes, that'd be great. I may want to try this on NG+ myself.

Will do. I'll probably be done with this playthrough by Tuesday at this rate.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I liked Yumi's social link a lot. I'm doing Ayane's this time and it feels really flat.

Will do. I'll probably be done with this playthrough by Tuesday at this rate.

The only thing about it is that it says that you need to be in a relationship with Marie to get the epilogue, which is untrue.

Omikaru

Oh wow, haha. I haven't been able to do that in any of my playthroughs.

Her conclusion is very satisfying. The final meetup with her is really excellent.

I'm romancing Rise right now, so maybe next time I'll go for Yumi. I do think her SL is great, and she's a pretty good character. I remember when I had to choose my drama or music club SL, and I saw the music room, and that girl, and was like, "Nope. Not happening." Didn't even have to see the drama room and I'd already decided that's the one I was doing.

Jeels

Wow, I entered the fusion search and nothing showed up. Can't go back either. It seems like it froze but the characters/screen isn't static, I just can't navigate the menus anymore. If I exit the game I'll have lost multiple floors of progress. :(

Squire

Banned
I friend zoned Yumi. I already had like four GFs; it was getting ridiculous

The crazy thing is guilt ultimately set in and I did all the GF events with Yukiko, anyway.

Lusankya

for me it's the shape of her head more than anything that turns me off. I guess the hair amplifies it.

and yeah I'll probably stick with reliable ol' yukiko.

Yukiko is great. It always feels like the right choice to date her. Though Golden seems to go for Yu x Rise as canon.

Sophia

Yukiko is great. It always feels like the right choice to date her. Though Golden seems to go for Yu x Rise as canon.

I always went with Yukiko on my normal P4 Runs, I think this time around I'm going for Rise as a romantic interest, just to change things up. :D

Well, outside of the S-Links she is the only one hitting on Yu, they're also paired during the ski trip. In addition to that she has the Lovers arcana.
Yeah, but thats mostly played for laughs since she's such a ridiculous flirt. And a terrible skiier. But hey lovers arcana, is a point I guess.

kewlmyc

Well, outside of the S-Links she is the only one hitting on Yu, they're also paired during the ski trip. In addition to that she has the Lovers arcana.

Lovers Arcana means nothing. Just look at Persona 2.

I doubt there is an "official couple" in P3/P4. No need to piss off the fanbase for no reason.

Lusankya

Yeah, but thats mostly played for laughs since she's such a ridiculous flirt. And a terrible skiier. But hey lovers arcana, is a point I guess.

At least it is pretty clear, that Rise loves the MC. Maybe it's more admiration than love, but it's still more than we ever see from any other female (not counting the S. Links).

I also thought the ski trip had such nice pairings overall (not really spoilers, but...)
Kanji paired with Naoto <3, Yosuke paired with Chie (they're always teasing each other, a cliche start for a romance), MC + Rise and, well... Teddie + Yukiko. I don't know if there is a good partner for Teddie, but at least during Marie's S.Link we see Teddie and Yukiko together doing stuff.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So, I'm in the middle of July, trying to get all the social links maxed and mop up any other trophies I missed along the way.

I see this.

July 15 (FRI)

Ichijo's Call
-Head upstairs to your room and agree to hang out with him.

So I go upstairs and... no call.

According to this guide I should be (and am Rank 6).

What's supposed to happen is he calls and asks you to study, thus giving you another book.

I did a little bit of searching and found this on a post the guide creator made at Gamefaqs.

However, so far, everything is following accordingly with no major upsets. Basketball: Rank 3 must be maintained for first book; Rank 4 must be maintained for the second and third book. Weird, I know, but this is based on my testing.

Fucking shit. I'm already in the middle of July, I don't know if I feel like going back to a previous save. I might just save it for another quick run through.

Squire

Banned
I always just assumed that the MC and his chosen love interest eventually break up.

That makes sense considering he has to go home after a year and i
n the True Ending epilogue no effort is made whatsoever to mention any relationship the player may have had in that way.

So yeah, I'm guessing no canon GF.

That makes sense considering he has to go home after a year and i
n the True Ending epilogue no effort is made whatsoever to mention any relationship the player may have had in that way.

So yeah, I'm guessing no canon GF.
I dont know, if golden is pushing anything, its
Marie, especially in the epilogue, which kind of makes sense since she's Izanami and youre izanagi

So, I'm in the middle of July, trying to get all the social links maxed and mop up any other trophies I missed along the way.

I see this.

So I go upstairs and... no call.

According to this guide I should be (and am Rank 6).

What's supposed to happen is he calls and asks you to study, thus giving you another book.

I did a little bit of searching and found this on a post the guide creator made at Gamefaqs.

Fucking shit. I'm already in the middle of July, I don't know if I feel like going back to a previous save. I might just save it for another quick run through.

I had the same problem, had to load a game from a month back. Thank god for the fast forward function :)

If Basketball is at 5 or 6, you will not get the three calls and cannot get the books.

Top Bottom