• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I had the same problem, had to load a game from a month back. Thank god for the fast forward function :)

If Basketball is at 5 or 6, you will not get the three calls and cannot get the books.

Thankfully I do have a save where it is at 4, maybe after I finish this run through, I'll just start at that point.

The book trophy is such bullshit.

Yeah, it is, especially for the reasons we've just gone over. I had most of them done too!

Jeels

So the requirements for Witch Detective book are?

Complete Kanji's Dungeon before 5/29
Don't put your strenth SL over rank 4 by 5/29
You'll get a phone call on 5/29, choose to hang out

Is that correct? There seems to be a lot of confusion from a quick google search. Same for the rest of the missable books just different dates?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Is that correct? There seems to be a lot of confusion from a quick google search.

Yup.

Trigger

Is that correct? There seems to be a lot of confusion from a quick google search.

Yes

Wait, you get more than one 1 book through the club?

Fuck that.

Yes, three books. Poly-Land, Witch Detective, and the O-Cha Way.

I was actually at rank 3, not 4, but otherwise that all worked for me. I think 4 should be fine, though. But out of an overabundance of caution I'm barely touching that link until later.

Noi

I already missed out on all those books, haha. I'm not really focusing on getting everything on this run though, just to beat the game~

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I was actually at rank 3, not 4, but otherwise that all worked for me. I think 4 should be fine, though. But out of an overabundance of caution I'm barely touching that link until later.

Yeah, I wish I would have known, the guide never specified this, mostly because it's a guide for just maxing out the links. There should be enough time after December to max it though.

The three dates to watch out for are 5/29, 7/17 and 8/10.

Oh and you get one more from your girl on 8/21. (provided one of them invites you of course)

TWILT

Banned
Do you still get the books by joining the Soccer club instead? I heard that you're safe from the rank limit if you do. I always did Basketball because Kou is a bro, but I guess I'll bond with Daisuke in my next playthrough.

WATCH OUT !!!
You have to be careful for
Poly-Land on 7/17 and The O-cha Way on 8/10 too.
I missed those on my first playthrough because I had Strenght at Level 5. You need to stay on rank 3, nothing more. For my new game+ I'll just get to 3 and stay the hell away from Strenght till I get all the books !

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
WATCH OUT !!!
You have to be careful for
Poly-Land on 7/17 and The O-cha Way on 8/10 too.
I missed those on my first playthrough because I had Strenght at Level 5. You need to stay on rank 3, nothing more. For my new game+ I'll just get to 3 and stay the hell away from Strenght till I get all the books !

I think you need to be 4 to get the second and third books, at least according to this guy.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641695-persona-4-golden/64849284

Trigger

Hmm, I suppose I'll just ignore Strength (it's at 4 now) and just follow the guide to get the other links to max.

This trophy wouldn't be such a damn nightmare if I could just keep my books from playthrough to playthrough.

Rootbeer

Banned
Finally digging into this game. Got the first two Persona. Wow the level of Polish on this game is beyond impressive for a handheld title! The voice acting is among the best I've experienced in ANY game. I love the UI, the music, the graphics, battle system... ahhh! So great :) No other Vita game even approaches this in quality, though LBP is up there.

Please, hope they are working on Persona 5! I don't care what system it is on, it will be mine.

Trigger

Please, hope they are working on Persona 5! I don't care what system it is on, it will be mine.

We know they are working on P5.

We just don't know if we'll ever get it anytime soon.
r4CiE.png

Animekatt

I had to go back 7 hours because I've gotten rank 5 strength (Basketball), when I needed to be at 4. The O-Cha Way book was the last sports related book I needed to have them all, and I wanted to finish all the books on my first play-through. Pissed me off, but it was worth it to get reading the books out of the way.

Finally digging into this game. Got the first two Persona. Wow the level of Polish on this game is beyond impressive for a handheld title! The voice acting is among the best I've experienced in ANY game. I love the UI, the music, the graphics, battle system... ahhh! So great :) No other Vita game even approaches this in quality, though LBP is up there.

not just on handhelds, Persona 4 Gold in general is one of the best games OF ALL TIME.

lingiii

Banned
WUT. She has some of the best characterization in the game!
(She seems a bit bland in the anime though.)

I get all the Chie love but she's so clearly meant for Yosuke those two are great together. Rise's great but she's got all that excitement in her life going forward. Only proper love interests are Yuki or
Nanako :D

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I just hit a point where the game
advised me to save as major story events were going to occur.
Am I going to be unable to pursue certain social links after those events occur? How long do I have left in the game?

Squire

Banned
Am I going to be unable to pursue certain social links after those events occur? How long do I have left in the game?

It depends. If you don't make certain dialogue choices, the game will end altogether.

Trigger

You will be able to do your social links. The save prompt is there because some of the choices will determine your ending. Two months of actual social time left.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
It depends. If you don't make certain dialogue choices, the game will end altogether.
Wait, you mean that when I load up my save file, within the next fifteen minutes I could see the credits because I didn't make the right dialogue choice?

Edit: It seems I misunderstood.

You will be able to do your social links. The save prompt is there because some of the choices will determine your ending. Two months of actual social time left.
Ah, okay. I thought I might be shoehorned into some sort of event. Thanks.

Ponn

Banned
Finished true ending last night. Wow, I was actually surprised by that ending and wondering how the hell I didn't get spoiled since I don't avoid spoilers.
fucking Kanji's new look. And Naoto, wow, Naoto

Now have to decide to jump into NG+ and start cleaning up the trophies I missed and maxing S links or take a break and finally go back and beat P3P (yup thats right, several attempts, never actually beat it) or start on Persona 2.

Dantis

They are, and have been for a good while now.

Trigger

Or maybe I didn't misunderstand. :( Will the dialogue choice be wildly obvious or should I go to a FAQ?

Ahh, you edited. This is as mysterious as the game itself.

lol

You are shoe-horned into an event, and yes you can get a premature ending based on your responses. If you respond correctly though the game will proceed and you'll have about two more months of actual social linkin' time (with a few events sprinkled in). Sorry for the confusion!

It's pretty obvious what to say IMO.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
lol

You are shoe-horned into an event, and yes you can get a premature ending based on your responses. If you respond correctly though the game will proceed and you'll have about two more months of actual social linkin' time (with a few events sprinkled in). Sorry for the confusion!

It's pretty obvious what to say IMO.
Makes sense! Thanks for putting up with my confusion and clearing that up.

Curufinwe

Hmm, I suppose I'll just ignore Strength (it's at 4 now) and just follow the guide to get the other links to max.

This trophy wouldn't be such a damn nightmare if I could just keep my books from playthrough to playthrough.

Oh, the book trophy is that bad?

I'll stop worrying about it on my first playthru then.

Is there any point in the severe magic skills? Seems like they're really expensive and don't do that much more damage

Mind Charge + Taru + Thunder Reign (Thor) only does like 450

Tiu Neo

I get all the Chie love but she's so clearly meant for Yosuke those two are great together. Rise's great but she's got all that excitement in her life going forward. Only proper love interests are Yuki or
Nanako :D

Or maybe... Ayane.

ok, ok, same problem as Rise. That and who the fuck chooses to date her?

Trigger

Only people who want to see Chris Hansen date Ayane.

Is there any point in the severe magic skills? Seems like they're really expensive and don't do that much more damage

Mind Charge + Taru + Thunder Reign (Thor) only does like 450

Eh, they're not bad when paired with amp skills. There are also two bosses where having them are probably a boon.

Tiu Neo

I'm still half expecting an announcement before the end of this year. Hashino typically spends two years on his games, so we really should be seeing a Japanese release in 2013.

Well, it may take some more time to do it, if they're making it for the HD consoles... Also, aren't they rebuilding the engine from scratch? Hope it's somewhat scalable, so they can reuse some of it on the next gen... Or at least on Vita :D

Trigger

I like the long wait. I'd rather details trickle out when the game is closer to release vs waiting for months after one screenshot or just a random interview. I still need to play Persona and the Persona 2 games too.

Eh, they're not bad when paired with amp skills. There are also two bosses where having them are probably a boon.

That includes amp. For something that costs 4x the SP of single target dyne spells, they barely do double damage

Currently in the middle of November and it's
so sad with that home alone music ;_;

Top Bottom