• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Sophia

That includes amp. For something that costs 4x the SP of single target dyne spells, they barely do double damage

Currently in the middle of November and it's
so sad with that home alone music ;_;

My least favorite part of Persona 4, just because of that damn music. >_>;

Just wanted to say...goddamn I fucking love this game so damn much. Love the changes it has made and all of the additional content. I'm not surprised, but I think Golden will be usurping P3P as my favourite handheld game ever.

Caelestis

What are the exact requirements to fight
Margaret? So far I gather a NG+, be on a last day, get empress s.link to 10 and defeat optional bosses. What exactly I have to do on the last day to get to her? Are optional bosses only the ones that appear in a dungeon when you return to them when the next dungeon is unlocked? Does Marie count as one of them?
Just want to make sure before I go for the last batch of trophies.

Trigger

What are the exact requirements to fight
Margaret? So far I gather a NG+, be on a last day, get empress s.link to 10 and defeat optional bosses. What exactly I have to do on the last day to get to her? Are optional bosses only the ones that appear in a dungeon when you return to them when the next dungeon is unlocked? Does Marie count as one of them?
Just want to make sure before I go for the last batch of trophies.

Defeat all bonus bosses from the Castle to Heaven, max the Empress social link, and visit the Velvet Room twice during the true ending (get the orb and then reenter the Velvet Room) on a NG+ to fight Margaret.

Marie's dungeon is seperate from this requirement. You can fight one without doing the other (but why would you?).

There's events for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's in P4G. Dunno about P3P.

Edit: Why do I bother? Trigger is the expert!

i9MuHgeVOKW3r.gif

Naw, I just have far too much time on my hands.

Man, Chrono Trigger is the only JRPG I've really ever liked (and FFVII, but that was more due to the FF7 hype back in the day) but I have to say I love this game. Going to have to get 3 when I'm done here.

Defeat all bonus bosses from the Castle to Heaven, max the Empress social link, and visit the Velvet Room twice during the true ending (get the orb and then reenter the Velvet Room) on a NG+ to fight Margaret.

Marie's dungeon is seperate from this requirement. You can fight one without doing the other (but why would you?).

i9MuHgeVOKW3r.gif

Naw, I just have far too much time on my hands.

I thought I read in a FAQ that you had to do something in December. Incorrect, or was the guide simply telling me that I needed to be on "true ending" path as well as all of the above?

Trigger

I thought I read in a FAQ that you had to do something in December. Incorrect, or was the guide simply telling me that I needed to be on "true ending" path as well as all of the above?

I think it's the bolded. There's nothing you need to do specifically in December, but it's easier to do it all by then.
You can't revisit the old dungeons after December and still trigger Margaret's challenge anyway.

EDIT-Ooops.

I think you can still visit dungeons in January actually.

Necrovex

I decided that I'll play Persona 3 Portable after completing Persona 4 Golden. I cannot resist highlighting the spoiler tags, so I know that I won't get spoiled for P3P, but I cannot say the same thing for P4G.

Jeels

I decided that I'll play Persona 3 Portable after completing Persona 4 Golden. I cannot resist highlighting the spoiler tags, so I know that I won't get spoiled for P3P, but I cannot say the same thing for P4G.

:L I couldn't get into P3P after playing P4, and I certainly can't go back to it after P4G.

(It's still a great experience, it was just hard for me personally to enjoy).

I did complete it though, but I kind of had to rush through. Wish it contained The Answer too.

Necrovex

:L I couldn't get into P3P after playing P4, and I certainly can't go back to it after P4G.

(It's still a great experience, it was just hard for me personally to enjoy).

I did complete it though, but I kind of had to rush through. Wish it contained The Answer too.

I realize it will be hard to play backward into the series, but by the time I play P4G, the entirety of the game will be spoiled for me. And I simply cannot leave this thread for good, I like the people in here too much!

Jeels

I realize it will be hard to play backward into the series, but by the time I play P4G, the entirety of the game will be spoiled for me. And I simply cannot leave this thread for good, I like the people in here too much!

Ooh. Are you still waiting on P4G? Then ya, go play P3P! :) It will definitely tide you over.

I wanna social link with Trigger and have our bond grow closer.

Do we get to date him if we get it to level 10?

How do you date in the game? I don't think I've done anything that's like a date. Just like, watching movies, take the scooter to hot springs... don't really seem date-ish.

Trigger

How do you date in the game? I don't think I've done anything that's like a date. Just like, watching movies, take the scooter to hot springs... don't really seem date-ish.

You only get the three date events in game. The social links system is limited so there's not much to do in that regard.

I wanna social link with Trigger and have our bond grow closer.

Y7mm9.gif

Do we get to date him if we get it to level 10?

Only if you max your courage. ~

FStop7

Banned
I got P4G today.

I played a -little- bit of P4 on the PS2 when it came out.

I've also seen maybe a quarter or so of the Giant Bomb endurance run.

So right now I'm in very familiar territory. First day of school, etc.

My first impression is damn does the 2D art look good on the Vita. The bright color palette is very well suited for the OLED display. It looks amazing. So sharp. The in game graphics look good, definitely better than the original.

I'm not sure if I like Chie's new voice. I had really gotten used to the original VO and the new one doesn't have that same tone of voice tinged with sarcasm that I had come to associate with the character. It's putting me off, hopefully I'll get used to it over time.

All in all P4G seems like an awesome fit on the Vita and the perfect kind of game to take along on trips, etc.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I just bought P4U thanks to this game. I'm not sure but there seems to be a handful of spelling errors in P4U.

Trigger

So what exactly does the SOS feature do? I've not done anything with the rescue requests.

You tap the icon and a message will be sent to random players. If they respond by sending back help you get a small gift of free SP/HP at the opening of your next fight. I find it useless, but several people here in the thread claim to use it to great effect on harder difficulties.

EDIT- Beaten like a gold shadow.

Alfredo

SOS is pretty useful for finishing the early dungeons in one day without using items or paying the fox.

I abused the hell out of it 'til Rise got that "recover 10% SP after battle" skill.

Meier

Uggghhh, fuck you "Control." Had him down to 20% and then all 3 of my party members got charmed. Couldn't withstand two "attack" barrages in a row.

Squire

Banned
LOL just stumbled upon the "midnight channel" that appears at midnight in the TV Listings section of the game. Cute.

The TV Listings in general are great. They're like the special features section of a Blu-ray with three or four times the average amount of content.

megalowho

It's late November and I've been trying to catch the sea guardian, man fuck that fish. Kept restarting one save and got really close multiple times, I know it's possible but it's been over an hour and my hands are shaking. Guess I'll have to read that other fishing book after all.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the game for the first time, clocked at 70 hours 59 minutes. Played about 40% of the ps2 version but never bothered to finish. All I have to say is that the new shuffle time is so OP. After I got black frost
god frost
at 38, I buffed him up on almost nothing but shuffle cards and ended up using him through the rest of the game

Also new boss theme arrange for
Marie boss
is amazing

Uggghhh, fuck you "Control." Had him down to 20% and then all 3 of my party members got charmed. Couldn't withstand two "attack" barrages in a row.

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about
use Makarakarn on everyone who has a weakness (so, not you or Naoto) and attack with those guys. If he uses Quad Converge then an element that your party members are weak to, he kind of obliterates himself

Meier

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about
use Makarakarn on everyone who has a weakness (so, not you or Naoto) and attack with those guys. If he uses Quad Converge then an element that your party members are weak to, he kind of obliterates himself

I have just stuck with the main 4.. I will have to try and use Naoto on my next attempt.

So I heard that there are optional bosses at the end of each dungeon after you clear the dungeon once. How does that work? I just played through all the floors of
Rise's striptease
again and there's no new boss at the end, just a chest.

Ken

chie galactic punted a gold hand

ty chie

So I heard that there are optional bosses at the end of each dungeon after you clear the dungeon once. How does that work? I just played through all the floors of
Rise's striptease
again and there's no new boss at the end, just a chest.

there should be. If you revisit it a character will say "we detected a powerful shadow in the area" and you just make your way to where you fought the story boss and it will be there.

Hey guys I need some basic help. How do I determine the best jobs to do and what stats I should focus on? Is there a general rule you guys go by? Also when establishing social connections I am assuming the game wants me to focus on a lot of social connections instead of just a few that I use to level up that specific ability.

Hey guys I need some basic help. How do I determine the best jobs to do and what stats I should focus on? Is there a general rule you guys go by? Also when establishing social connections I am assuming the game wants me to focus on a lot of social connections instead of just a few that I use to level up that specific ability.

For the first go around I'd focus on the dudes you get on your team as the most important social links to max. One of these needs max courage and knowledge so those are good stats to level. You should also focus on expression and understanding because you'll need those for Nanako & Dojima.

You only really need to get diligence to the third rank unless you're determined to get to the meat dimension.

Popularity leads to intimacy.

Just like in my Home Ec class.

For the first go around I'd focus on the dudes you get on your team as the most important social links to max. One of these needs max courage and knowledge so those are good stats to level.

You only really need to get diligence to the third rank unless you're determined to get to the meat dimension.

Okay great Ill do that. Also when the game implys that I shouldn't do a activity it says something like "You feel your relationship isn't ready to advance yet" Should I always heed that?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
A little off topic but does anyone have links to hiimdaisy's P4 comics? I read some of them a few years ago when she started but wanted to hold off until I finished the game. Can't seem to find them on her old site/album anymore now.

jae

Ugh. Forgot to go to my room on 7/15 to get the call from the sports bros. Saved on 7/16. Book missed, this is supposed to be my all book run. Starting over :(

Had 2 reaper weapons already, too. (From abusing the battle retry feature)

Dantis

Well, it may take some more time to do it, if they're making it for the HD consoles... Also, aren't they rebuilding the engine from scratch? Hope it's somewhat scalable, so they can reuse some of it on the next gen... Or at least on Vita :D

The engine is done. Pre-production is done. That's literally all we know. :p

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they hired a lot of new staff for Hashino's team to speed up the development process though, so that should compensate for the larger scale of the project.

Thoraxes

The engine is done. Pre-production is done. That's literally all we know. :p

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they hired a lot of new staff for Hashino's team to speed up the development process though, so that should compensate for the larger scale of the project.

Well, it's reportedly been being worked on (though in what fashion I have no idea) since 2010 with yearly teases since then. A lot of people don't account for pre-prod. though, so who knows. I think we'll see something "soon".

Top Bottom