• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Sophia

Yep. From looking at a guide, it seems like I apparently did everything right but say "Calm the hell down." I guess that alone was enough to make whatever happened happen?

Yeah, that last one is a bit tricky. Go back and select it and you'll be on the right path. If
you did it right, you should meet Teddie later on again.

Three Persona away from completing the compendium. There are Persona Ive never seen before in here. 0_0

Never fused the final judgement persona before, its going to be crazy and Im not even ng+ so no money boost.

Is it worth it to get the PS2 version to experience the original? I'm kinda interested in seeing the gameplay and voice actor changes, but I'm not sure if I want to put in another 90 hours into P4.

Dantis

Haha, first I got the bad ending, then the less bad ending, then the good ending, then the True Ending. I guess I just accidentally picked the wrong choice every time.

By the way, did anyone else notice that the way you get the True Ending is less obnoxious in P4G? In P4 on the final day, the unlock conditions are absurd.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I just got what I believe is the bad ending, after I
said that Namatame's death wouldn't solve anything.
If I agreed and
pushed Namatame into the TV
, what would have happened?

Edit: Just read the last page of the thread, never mind. I was a bit grossed out by what I assumed were the game's implications of right and wrong, so I'm glad that I misunderstood.

If I agreed and
Youd get one of the bad endings.

To get the good ending:
stall and constantly say that something is off and amiss, and then tell everyone to calm down

Dantis

If I agreed and

You get the really bad ending.

That's what I did. :)

I didn't know there were alternative endings!

Trigger

If I agreed and

You'd get a bad ending anyway. The sequence of responses should go like this:

A. Yousuke: What would you do [MC name]?
--> Pick the third option "Wait a moment"

B. Yousuke: What are you saying?
--> Pick the first option "There are still things we don't understand"

C. Yousuke: We don't know? What are you saying?
--> Pick the third option "The motive of Nametame"

D. Yousuke: At this point, and you're not sure?!
--> Pick the second option "Something seem to be hampered with"

E. Yousuke: [MC name], could you tell us the reason behind that?!
--> Pick the third option "We might have misunderstood something"

F. Yousuke: So are you going to do it or not do it! Just tell me which one you're deciding!
--> Pick the second option "Calm down, dammit!"

The game will skip to March if you replied wrong. If your answers were like the above then you're on the true ending route. You can get a neutral ending if you don't give the right answers, but also choose to not
kill Namatame.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
You'd get a bad ending anyway. The sequence of responses should go like this:

A. Yousuke: What would you do [MC name]?
--> Pick the third option "Wait a moment"

B. Yousuke: What are you saying?
--> Pick the first option "There are still things we don't understand"

C. Yousuke: We don't know? What are you saying?
--> Pick the third option "The motive of Nametame"

D. Yousuke: At this point, and you're not sure?!
--> Pick the second option "Something seem to be hampered with"

E. Yousuke: [MC name], could you tell us the reason behind that?!
--> Pick the third option "We might have misunderstood something"

F. Yousuke: So are you going to do it or not do it! Just tell me which one you're deciding!
--> Pick the second option "Calm down, dammit!"

The game will skip to March if you replied wrong. If your answers were like the above then you're on the true ending route. You can get a neutral ending if you don't give the right answers, but also choose to not
kill Namatame.
I couldn't find dialogue choices with the same wording as the ones you posted and thus chose similar responses (only the last was the same). Did the wording change from Persona 4 to Golden? Do my choices beforehand slightly influence the wording? Am I dyslexic? I believe I chose correctly as the
Team Social Link maxed out

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I couldn't find dialogue choices with the same wording as the ones you posted and thus chose similar responses (only the last was the same). Did the wording change from Persona 4 to Golden? Do my choices beforehand slightly influence the wording? Am I dyslexic? I believe I chose correctly as the

I'm pretty sure the spoiled part is the key factor, once that happens, you're good.

Trigger

Yeah, I was paraphrasing. You're on the right path.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Persona 4 actually destroys one's ability to read
Basically. I'm being good this time around though and listening to all the voice acting despite the fact that I can reread the lines nine times in the time it takes the voice actor to get through each box.

I'm pretty sure the spoiled part is the key factor, once that happens, you're good.

Yeah, I was paraphrasing. You're on the right path.
Cool. Thanks guys.

btkadams

i'm in the second dungeon now, 13 hours in. this game is so good. i am also really enjoying the gay storylines in this. i've never played a game with any subject matter like this before. it's really refreshing!

are there more gay characters that interweave with the main storyline in the rest of the game, or is
kanji's bathhouse
the only real gay storyline beyond social links?

Trigger

i'm in the second dungeon now, 13 hours in. this game is so good. i am also really enjoying the gay storylines in this. i've never played a game with any subject matter like this before. it's really refreshing!

are there more gay characters that interweave with the main storyline in the rest of the game, or is
kanji's bathhouse
the only real gay storyline beyond social links?

No, and whether Kanji is actually bisexual is up to interpretation. Once you beat the game go visit the spoiler thread for P4. There was a deeper discussion on the topic.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
What?

EDIT- Oh, I see. No the avatar is a photo of one of the guys from One Direction (a boy band)

BHaBY.jpg

FStop7

Banned
The Shadow Kanji fight is kicking my ass. I can take out the Nice Guys without losing too much health, though it takes forever. But then Kanji just murders us. I've been one shot killed by him from full health a couple of times now.

Squire

Banned
You guys think they'll reintroduce
Philemon
in 5?
He's apparently still in the background, watching. He's the butterfly save point, I think.

Trigger

You guys think they'll reintroduce
Philemon
in 5?
He's apparently still in the background, watching. He's the butterfly save point, I think.

Maybe. I hope not. I prefer the idea of
Philemon staying in the background as symbolism.

How much time did it take you ?
Aww dude, I don't know, maybe like 10 hours? It's hard finding enough money to recall Persona. This wasn't NG+ so I didn't have any money boost, had to constantly go back into the higher dungeons and look for treasure hands. The Protagonist is at level 99 now, another first for me, lol.

Bullza2o

I just backed up my P4G to my PC, but I noticed that my previous backups were missing! I knew I shouldn't trust WiFi backups! Now all my downloaded games, including P3P AND 56 HOURS WORTH OF PLAYTIME disappeared :(

I plan on reformatting my card on 12/20 to try out Soul Sacrifice on the JP PSN. I did not see the option to backup my P4G saves to my PC. Is it safe to assume that copying P4G over to my computer includes all the save files?

I'm really disappointed...oh well I guess after P4G I'll replay P3P.

Seventy5

I just picked this up yesterday. Good lord they don't make them like this anymore. The depth, the story, the music...soooo good. I haven't played Persona since FES came out on PS2, and now I have to get a 32GB memory card to get the entire series for my Vita. Is Atlus making P5, and if so, what system is it for? This is the best game I've played so far this year.

Top Bottom