• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Trigger

I just picked this up yesterday. Good lord they don't make them like this anymore. The depth, the story, the music...soooo good. I haven't played Persona since FES came out on PS2, and now I have to get a 32GB memory card to get the entire series for my Vita. Is Atlus making P5, and if so, what system is it for? This is the best game I've played so far this year.

We don't know.

What the fuck? I decided to use a guide for the Tower S-Link

Flying through that shit. Did Nurse for 2 months more and they're at the same level after working on it for a month.

Tried it with Naoto too since I'm running short of time. Level ups errday

Squire

Banned
Yeah, I did a bunch of Googling after I posted. I really hope it ends up on Vita. I don't have as much time to play long, involved RPGs on the TV anymore, but I get a ton of time for my Vita.

If it's PS3/Vita, I'd gladly double dip on faith alone.

Astral

During my fight with the Void Quest boss, Yosuke and Yukiko died when the boss was almost dead. My win rested on just me and Chie. I Agidyne'd that fucker and Chie and I proceeded to All-Out-Attack it for the win. I love it when this kind of stuff happens. One True Pair confirmed.

Trigger

The quality of Golden makes me more content with the idea of a portable Persona 5.

What the fuck? I decided to use a guide for the Tower S-Link

Flying through that shit. Did Nurse for 2 months more and they're at the same level after working on it for a month.

Tried it with Naoto too since I'm running short of time. Level ups errday

I believe Devil has at least one automatic event.

cj_iwakura

Yeah, I did a bunch of Googling after I posted. I really hope it ends up on Vita. I don't have as much time to play long, involved RPGs on the TV anymore, but I get a ton of time for my Vita.

Considering Catherine, it's very likely it'll be PS3/360, since that was their HD test.

TWILT

Banned
Just beat
Adachi and the "final" boss with ease. Yoshitsune is still the best lol. Can't wait to fuse Magatsu-Izanagi.

Really liking the January events so far.
I especially love the new "map" theme (Snowflakes).

Sallokin

Just beat
Adachi and the "final" boss with ease. Yoshitsune is still the best lol. Can't wait to fuse Magatsu-Izanagi.

Really liking the January events so far.
I especially love the new "map" theme (Snowflakes).

Couldn't agree more with your last spoiler bit.

Just wrapped my 2nd playthrough and the
True Ending with all the Marie bits, as well as beating Margaret.

Still kind of processing it. I'm starting Persona 4 Arena up soon just to...keep everything going, haha. See how that goes. But I'm not ready to be done, you know? I missed that damn Hardcore Risette Fan trophy a second time, but I /need/ a Platinum. The game meant to much to me to not do it, yeah?

Goddamn Idols.

Tiu Neo

Just wrapped my 2nd playthrough and the
True Ending with all the Marie bits, as well as beating Margaret.

Still kind of processing it. I'm starting Persona 4 Arena up soon just to...keep everything going, haha. See how that goes. But I'm not ready to be done, you know? I missed that damn Hardcore Risette Fan trophy a second time, but I /need/ a Platinum. The game meant to much to me to not do it, yeah?

Goddamn Idols.

I'm glad I got it on my first time. A lot of people have problems with this trophy =\

And it's magical.

"Here times run out like a spell, but laughter's our vow"

;_;

Listening this song for the first time made me so sad, knowing the end was near '-'

Lusankya

Could some of you do me a favor an make screenshots of the scenes during the king's game?
To be specific I mean the scene where
Yukiko says to Naoto: "We do stuff like, "Persona!" with our Personas and beat the crap outta Shadows..."

Forgot about Signs of Love. Haven't heard Snowflakes

Still, it's kind of limited. There should have been some seasonal stuff.
Come on, we've got 6 themes plus, well, no music during the rain. And you're still not satisfied?

Squire

Banned
And then the new dungeon comes along and fucks up the pacing.

That reminds me: Assuming you do that dungeon, i
f you fight Margaret later (in that small window she's available to fight) does she remember meeting the gang? Does the gang acknowledge her?

Tiu Neo

And then the new dungeon comes along and fucks up the pacing.

Yeah, that's true. But I don't know if there was a better place to put it. Then, again, I don't really care for Marie.

That reminds me: Assuming you do that dungeon, i
f you fight Margaret later (in that small window she's available to fight) does she remember meeting the gang? Does the gang acknowledge her?

Good question. I didn't fight her yet, but if they changed
parts of the ending to add Marie to certain parts
, I don't see why they wouldn't change that scene.

Dantis

Might want to mark that spoiler there, chum.

And I think they should have put it in earlier. Would have meant that it was actually challenging, and then they could have included the character in later events to actually develop her beyond a flat cliche.

Tiu Neo

And I think they should have put it in earlier. Would have meant that it was actually challenging, and then they could have included the character in later events to actually develop her beyond a flat cliche.

Haha, sorry, fixed it.

Yeah, they could make it
before Heaven or maybe between Heaven and Magatsu Inaba. Since it's only one day, that could work with little to no changes.
Don't know if it would work if it was much earlier than that, because you have to
max her S. Link to get to the dungeon.

Squire

Banned

She really should have just been a full party member. People already pick three characters to stick with for the whole game, so it's not like they're piling up a bunch more responsibility on players. If I can social link with her, I can take her into dungeons. Hell, to start I fully expected her to enroll in Yasogami High! But still, she shouldn't be so cliched. There's no real excuse for that.

Also:
Marge should've been romancable.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I seem to also like the new version of Nevermore in this game too. The credits was also ;_;

STOP MAKING ME ATTACHED, P4.

Considering Catherine, it's very likely it'll be PS3/360, since that was their HD test.

It's a toss up between PS3/360 or PS3/PSV IMO since the success of P4G on the Vita was surprising.

Dresden

So - about four years ago I suppose - when I was last into P4 I was Team Rise all the way.

Rise is still cool and all, but I feel mysteriously drawn towards Naoto . . .

Naoto fo lyf

Does seeing
Adachi alone on 12/7
cause like, some new bad ending? Kind of paranoid with the latter stages of the game.

Also, can I play through all of December or is there a time skip?

Tiu Neo

So - about four years ago I suppose - when I was last into P4 I was Team Rise all the way.

I really want to choose her as my waifu on my second playthrough, but I feel sorry for Kanji :(

Naoto fo lyf

Does seeing
Adachi alone on 12/7
cause like, some new bad ending? Kind of paranoid with the latter stages of the game.

Also, can I play through all of December or is there a time skip?

First Question:
There is a new ending, if you choose to help him.

Second Question:
After you finish the December dungeon, the game skips to the 24th, if I remember correctly. You must finish the dungeon before the 22nd to get the Christmas Eve event.

Kazzy

I've experienced the complete reverse. Not that I didn't find the character interesting initially, but I never the compulsion to find out more about her past the cursory S-link dialogue. With P4G, though, well, that's another story entirely. I view the Chie/Yukiko clique as something that I'm entirely uninterested in tackling, and have instead come around to the fact that Rise brings with her a set of circumstances not completely dissimilar to Yu's.

Perhaps this is all my past experience with the vanilla game talking here, but I never saw much of a future past the whole investigation in Inaba with most of the relationships. After all, most had their roots in the town, and their future plans pretty much maintained that status-quo. With that in mind, I think that Rise is probably the most viable. I'm generally not one for shipping characters. but Yu/Rise always seemed to have an inherent merit to it.

Having said this, I've still got a couple of months to see out in P4G.

Tiu Neo

I'm having trouble getting into this; for years my friends have told me that I really need to play through a persona game so this is y first. With 9 hours in, here are my bullet points off the top of my head:

-3 hrs until you finally get any semblance of gameplay
-6 hrs in and only one dungeon completed
-entered said dungeon underleveled and spent a lot of time grinding
-every day routine doesnt make for exciting gameplay
-awesome story awesome characters
-already know who killer is
-awesome albeit repetitive music

I'll keep forcing my way through but this isn't what i was expecting. I don't love it but i don't particularly think its bad by any means. This is a weird game for me

I was not very found of the day routine at first, but after I started getting the S. Links it grew on me. It's not really exciting, but it's pretty good character development.

Kazzy

Really!? Is that just the internet spoiling you, or have you got some dogged conviction towards your guess?

Kazzy

I haven't read up on anything related to game and this is my first time here but a lot of cliche boxes are seemingly being checked here. :( maybe i've watched too many movies

I'm kind of suspicious of you working it out by yourself, unless it's blind luck. I don't think there are many (if any) clues as to the identity, at least early on.

Spoiler your guess, and I want your rationale!

Orcastar

I'm kind of suspicious of you working it out by yourself, unless it's blind luck. I don't think there are many (if any) clues as to the identity, at least early on.

It's my first time playing P4 too and I came to the same conclusion as Anabuhabkuss very early on without reading anything about the story. Simple process of elimination really.

The killer is always a character who is at least somewhat prominent from the start, and the game doesn't provide many candidates, other than Morooka, who gets killed off kinda early. I have no idea what his motive is yet (going on September at the moment), but it's very obvious that he's the killer.

Kazzy

It's my first time playing P4 too and I came to the same conclusion as Anabuhabkuss very early on without reading anything about the story. Simple process of elimination really.

I guess I just never see the fun in trying to deduce those sort of details. But then again, I was spoilt going in, so my opinion is sort of compromised in this regard.

scy

I did the same my first time through the game back on the PS2 version. Though I wouldn't say "Already know" so much as "Already suspect." The early game is too sparse on details for it to be set in stone outside of general suspicions and trying to be genre savvy.

Though, I did have one bit of my rationale that probably shouldn't have worked out:
some bits on the voice actors just bugging me >>

I guess I just never see the fun in trying to deduce those sort of details. But then again, I was spoilt going in, so my opinion is sort of compromised in this regard.

That's my favorite part :x I went into the game wanting to figure out the whodunnit.

Lunar15

I'm having trouble getting into this; for years my friends have told me that I really need to play through a persona game so this is y first. With 9 hours in, here are my bullet points off the top of my head:

I'll keep forcing my way through but this isn't what i was expecting. I don't love it but i don't particularly think its bad by any means. This is a weird game for me

The funny thing is that those bullet points are dead on. The game is slow to start, repetitive, and kind of bare-bones in terms of gameplay. Yet, somehow it's the combination of all these different elements that makes it click. Looking at each part individually, you'll find there's tons of games that have done it better. But it's the unique combination of all these things, combined with solid writing and character development that really got me hooked, and I HATE most RPG's due to their repetitiveness. I think there's something in the day-to-day system that is just incredibly addicting. If you've ever played a game like Civilization, you'll know what I mean when I say it's a feeling of "Oh, just one more turn!".

Of course, tastes are different, so I could see these elements not coming together for everyone. But when it clicks, it CLICKS.

Dantis

Finished drawing my picture. I think it's pretty okay!

personarender16by9.png

I also made it my wallpaper on my Vita. Looks good, except that poor Narukami's face got covered up. :/

Top Bottom