• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

I love these costumes, it's like they're really super heroes.

Also, a great shot of shadows about to get their ass kicked

I have taken almost 2000 screenshots with the Vita OS snapshot tool. The game has so many great and unintentionally funny moments, I can't help myself. All platforms should have this feature (I know the Wii U does, but does it have an easy to use export tool?)

Holy crap what dungeon is this from?

rocK`

Banned
Just started. Really loved P3P so this was a welcome edition.

I'm getting the same anxiety I got last time when I started P3P - I don't know how to plan my days.

What I'd do, was rush tartarus and then take the rest of the days to build social links. Is that what I should be doing in P4G?

^Yes he is. He is a great composer, but he is treated like god. There are quite a few works that people give him credit for, that he never actually composed, such as a chunk of Nocturne's ost, a chunk of P1P's, all of P2, some more that I cant remember off the top of my head.

Persona 4 Arena does provide some insights into Yosuke's attitude actually:

vFUC4.jpg

Or, more simply. He's just immature and still has growing up to do.

He also, in his internal monologue, says he respects Kanji or something to that effect. He really is just a natural teaser or something like that.

Alfredo

November plot spoilers, do not read:
the lead up to and the events to Nanakos kidnapping was so tense. Even more so on second viewing. The scene with Naoto running through the rain heading to Dojimas as she's on the phone with Chie and everyone's world begins to unravel. Really good stuff.

I found the part with Naoto in the rain kind of silly in Golden. She has a scooter now! She could've gotten to Dojima's a lot faster! :p

Sophia

^Yes he is. He is a great composer, but he is treated like god. There are quite a few works that people give him credit for, that he never actually composed, such as a chunk of Nocturne's ost, a chunk of P1P's, all of P2, some more that I cant remember off the top of my head.

Poor Kenichi Tsuchiya hardly gets the credit he deserves.

However, Digital Devil Saga is all Meguro, and it's glorious. <3

He also, in his internal monologue, says he respects Kanji or something to that effect. He really is just a natural teaser or something like that.

Didn't really care much for p1 and p2s soundtrack. I still haven't played nocturne but battle for everyone's soul and the almighty are pretty much some of the best songs I have ever heard in a video game.

Didn't really care much for p1 and p2s soundtrack. I still haven't played nocturne but battle for everyone's soul and the almighty are pretty much some of the best songs I have ever heard in a video game.

Battle for Everyone's Souls is considered his magnum opus really, he has yet to top it. Almighty was a great song, but the real final boss music of P4 is a let down, save for the last minute or so really.

FStop7

Banned
Finished drawing my picture. I think it's pretty okay!

I also made it my wallpaper on my Vita. Looks good, except that poor Narukami's face got covered up. :/

Really nice. did you draw this in Photoshop or do you use something specialized like Manga Studio?

TWILT

Banned
Just got finished the game with the new epilogue:
Seeing everyone's new looks (Kanji's is amazing) and them welcoming Yu/P4MC/etc. back brought a smile to my face. Love that they used the Reincarnation version of Never More.

I bought a Vita for P4G, and to be honest, I'm really glad I did. It's still easily one of my favorite games of all time and is prolly my GOTY (sorry Xenoblade). Going to do my NG+ playthrough to hopefully get the rest of the trophies. Just missing the 100% compendium, maxing all S.Links, beating the secret boss, read all books and stuff like the Hardcore Risette one (it's so stupid lol) and fusing
Izanagi No Okami

kuroshiki

uh. he is really not overrated. I only started to recognize him since P3 (since I didn't play any of the megami tensei before) and my god all of his sound tracks and arrangement (P3 and P4) are god-like. I would say he is much more talented than Yasunori Mitsuda.

Is he better than yoko shimomura? no. but is he among the highest regarded video game composers? hell yes.

Sophia

uh. he is really not overrated. I only started to recognize him since P3 (since I didn't play any of the megami tensei before) and my god all of his sound tracks and arrangement (P3 and P4) are god-like. I would say he is much more talented than Yasunori Mitsuda.

Is he better than yoko shimomura? no. but is he among the highest regarded video game composers? hell yes.

What he's saying is that he's overrated in a sense that he gets credit for what he didn't compose. Atlus as a whole has an amazing sound team, yet I've seen many people convinced he did work on Devil Survivor and Persona 2, and the older Shin Megami Tensei games and he had no hand in them.

Dantis

What he's saying is that he's overrated in a sense that he gets credit for what he didn't compose. Atlus as a whole has an amazing sound team, yet I've seen many people convinced he did work on Devil Survivor and Persona 2, and the older Shin Megami Tensei games and he had no hand in them.

Well just look at Arena. When I said it wasn't Meguro, people said that I was crazy.

That's not really overrated though. It's just misplacing credit.

I like Meguro's work because it's different to everything else in the industry. I've never heard anyone create such strong chorus melodies, and I really love the way he incorporates rock and classical influences into everything he does. There isn't a single composer I'd put above him.

Sophia

Well just look at Arena. When I said it wasn't Meguro, people said that I was crazy.

That's not really overrated though. It's just misplacing credit.

I like Meguro's work because it's different to everything else in the industry. I've never heard anyone create such strong chorus melodies, and I really love the way he incorporates rock and classical influences into everything he does. There isn't a single composer I'd put above him.

Well, Arena was half Meguro. :p I do like Atsushi Kitajoh's work on Trauma Team and P4A tho.

I can think of a few composers I'd put above him as far as anime and video games go tho. Not many

Yea this is kind of what I mean sort of

Dantis

Well, Arena was half Meguro. :p I do like Atsushi Kitajoh's work on Trauma Team and P4A tho.

I can think of a few composers I'd put above him as far as anime and video games go tho. Not many

Well there's fifteen full tracks, and he did four, so really it's less than a third. :p And I guessed three of the four correctly, no less!

I like Kitajoh's work in Trauma Team and Arena, but really don't care for his stuff in Golden (Except for Marie's theme). Even when he's at his best though, he pales in comparison to Meguro.

Sophia

I actually like Spirited Girl. But it comes up so little it's effectively a wasted track. It places ONCE in all of story mode and not even for the story mode of the character in question! :(

cj_iwakura

Yep, the only good songs on P4A were Meguro. Still, his best work is easily Digital Devil Saga/Nocturne guitar stuff. I could listen to Svadhisthana all day. (And sometimes I do.)

Whoever they got to do SMTIV's OST is amazing so far, and a very worthy successor to the old school artists.

Dantis

Yep, the only good songs on P4A were Meguro. Still, his best work is easily Digital Devil Saga/Nocturne guitar stuff. I could listen to Svadhisthana all day. (And sometimes I do.)

Whoever they got to do SMTIV's OST is amazing so far, and a very worthy successor to the old school artists.

I don't think I've heard nearly enough SMT4 to decide if I like it yet or not. The only track I remember is the Nocturne Title Loops remix. Which is great, but it's just remixed Meguro.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Did Igor ever explain what happened to his bone phone? Does he still have it? If so he needs to bring that shit back in the next game.

That's even IF Igor shows up in the next game, considering his JP VA died and they are a bit finicky in replacing roles.

just started on P4G. Since P3P is the only persona I have played, any tips on how to level? In P3P I just basically 1 nighted the dungeon up to a boss and just wait for the event. I tried that today for
yukiko's castle
and noticing that gameplan isn't going to work.

Also what is the best way to grind exp?

Salaadin

Very late game spoilers...

I'm at the Adachi dungeon. Is this the final one? I have a bunch of Heaven quests that i need to complete. Will beating this dungeon lock me out from completing them?

Top Bottom