• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

okay its 4/29 evening, and I'm hanging out with Dojima and the girl. They asked about going somewhere on vacation and I gave an answer like I would go. Did that question mean anything? Like did I lock myself into doing something on some day in the future, or can you just respond in any way to that question?
Just keep playing and dont worry about it.

Just keep playing and dont worry about it.

So I take it that my answers don't matter then? Because they asked me again the next day and it sounds like I'm locked into it (I'm assuming something happens that cancels the trip, just don't want to force myself into missing days for social links or whatever)

Also, any reason to hang on to materials, or should I sell them as soon as I get them?

Speaking of Persona 5 speculation, I hope to god Atlus doesn't do any shitty Arc System Works crap.

I was absolutely horrified when Persona 4 Arena story resembles that infamous 'guilty gear' storyline. (Remember 'that man' from Guilty Gear which didn't show up at all even though franchise basically died?)

Please don't let any of incompetent ASW writer touch your thing, atlus, please.

Would be worse considering that game's equivalent is
a well known and feared established villain in the series and fan favorite

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
She looks like a clown tho. For a fashionista, she's a walking fashion disaster. >_>;

What do you mean she's a clown? She amuses you? She makes you laugh? She's here to fuckin' amuse you?

had to break out the Goodfellas there

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would like if they replaced Marie with Aika. They should put her as a S. Link or at least a Cameo in 4-2/Golden Remake/Whatever they do next with Persona 4.
Anyone's better than Marie, but I would like Aika just for all the meat bowl challenge jokes

Trigger

Wow, November dungeon is kicking my ass. Boss spoilers:
any tips to beating Namatame
?

I'm probably late to respond, but
the best strategy is to keep it debuffed and pay attention to the elements being used during the Quad Converge phase. During the control portion just defend and keep the MC's health nominal. The rest of the fight is pretty easy if you just play it safe.

This point in the game marks the point where it's most important to have a well-rounded team vs exploiting the boss's weakness.

Wow, November dungeon is kicking my ass. Boss spoilers:
any tips to beating Namatame
?

This worked pretty well for me.
Either you or Naoto (or both of you) should cast Makarakarn on your party members with weaknesses. During the phase in which he uses Quad Coverge -> elemental attack it gets reflected back for some crazy ass damage. Be careful that he doesn't get a 1-more for hitting you with your weaknesses because he always takes that as an opportunity to debuff your party. While your party members have magic reflect up, feel free to use them as usual. His non-elemental attacks are weak

Can someone help me on quest 47: "Find Me Something to Wear". I have no idea what I'm supposed to find, how much of it I'm supposed to find, where I'm supposed to find it, and what enemy drops it (or if it is in a chest).

Also, for quest 5: "Acquire a Demon Statue", I can't find shady student to return to him. I'm in the month of November... did I miss him?

SmithnCo

Anyone know if I have to read the "job" books for the compulsive reader trophy, or just the bookstore and event books? And is there a way to read fast?

Squire

Banned
Anyone know if I have to read the "job" books for the compulsive reader trophy, or just the bookstore and event books? And is there a way to read fast?

Yes, you must read all books. Yes, there's a way to speed read (two pages per night/day). You need to read a certain book to do that. I forgot which one, but I found it super late, haha.

Am I correct in jumping around Personas with my main character while grinding? I've just been running around Yukiko's castle (after saving her) gaining levels in each of my line-up so they fuse with better stuff. Here's what I have right now:

Orobas, 8
Yomotsu-Shikome, 7
Forneus, 8
Izanagi, 9
Ukobach, 7
Valkyrie, 11
Omokoine, 7
Senri, 9

CSX

Am I correct in jumping around Personas with my main character while grinding? I've just been running around Yukiko's castle (after saving her) gaining levels in each of my line-up so they fuse with better stuff. Here's what I have right now:

Orobas, 8
Yomotsu-Shikome, 7
Forneus, 8
Izanagi, 9
Ukobach, 7
Valkyrie, 11
Omokoine, 7
Senri, 9

Once a person learns all its skills, its pretty much worthless in terms of leveling up especially in early game. Stats dont get carry over in fusion after all. DUring the late game, you might end up having a persona whose skillset is so good, that you never have to fuse it.

But yea your level 9 izanagi, its time to let it go bro. It already learned all its skills. Fuse fuse fuse!

Amory

Man, Persona 4 has made me laugh way more than any game in recent memory. In just the past few hours of gameplay...

Yosuke calling up the fat chick and then her appearing and squashing his motorcycle

The projectile vomit scene at camp. Really the whole camping trip was pretty great.

Teddie getting all deflated during the Rise boss battle

Such a corny sense of humor, and yet so self aware that it comes across as very dry.

Man, I really love this game.

Dantis

I liked Marie, but her whole arc feels sloppy and somewhat unnecessary. She doesn't ruin the main plot, but in hindsight it's not tied together as well as I'd expect from the writers.

Different writers, that's why. :p

She looks like a clown tho. For a fashionista, she's a walking fashion disaster. >_>;

I think she's meant to look alternative. The stripy thigh-highs are a bit weird, but it's the closest to alternative fashion in the game. Even Kanji and Naoto, who should logically be fashion-hindered, dress rather well.

Tiu Neo

Orobas, 8
Yomotsu-Shikome, 7
Forneus, 8
Izanagi, 9
Ukobach, 7
Valkyrie, 11
Omokoine, 7
Senri, 9

Just register them. If you don't like the fusions, you can buy them back. But I would say fuse without worries, you'll probably end getting better personas.

Squire

Banned
Guys, what are the titles of the social stats when maxed? I think the only ones I haven't maxed are Understanding and Dilligence, but the in-game screen isn't clear and the game doesn't actually tell you when something's been maxed

Kazzy

Guys, what are the titles of the social stats when maxed? I think the only ones I haven't maxed are Understanding and Dilligence, but the in-game screen isn't clear and the game doesn't actually tell you when something's been maxed

Huh? You can check your social attributes by looking at Yu's status screen.

Saintly and Rock Solid

The pentagon should be full when its maxed out. It pulses a little so it's kind of confusing

^^^

press square after picking MCs status if you didn't know

Squire

Banned
Saintly and Rock Solid

The pentagon should be full when its maxed out. It pulses a little so it's kind of confusing

^^^

press square after picking MCs status if you didn't know

Got it, thanks. I know how to check, but the way the titles line up with the diagram is a little confusing.

You know, I really appreciate the new evening hanging out option. Its one thing to have a way to boost social links at nights, its another thing to get to know characters a little better.

Like Im hanging out with Yosuke and hes talking about the moving process and how it was for him. Thats really cool and makes the relationships feel a little more natural.

Squire

Banned
You know, I really appreciate the new evening hanging out option. Its one thing to have a way to boost social links at nights, its another thing to get to know characters a little better.

Like Im hanging out with Yosuke and hes talking about the moving process and how it was for him. Thats really cool and makes the relationships feel a little more natural.

I just had that conversation with him! Didn't play P4 on PS2, but I still totally agree.

I feel like I've been hooked all over again in my NG+ run, too. Bought a couple of my high level Personas, my stats are almost maxed, and the S.Links seem to be shooting up! Just looking at the Voice screen and being like, "Wow. I don't have to do that!" is awesome.

I joined the music club and basketball team this time, being more proactive in hanging out with Yosuke (love that dude), and I'm waiting for Ai's S. Link to appear. I missed the subtle way she's introduced on my first run.

Yasir

:,(

Lost 4 hours of sleep last night. This game will be the end of me. Kanje's dungeon was ridiculous, thought it would never end.

Still not really understanding this games online features.

Tiu Neo

:,(

Lost 4 hours of sleep last night. This game will be the end of me. Kanje's dungeon was ridiculous, thought it would never end.

Still not really understanding this games online features.

Don't tell me +_+ I was lucky I got some days off when I played it.

The online features are pretty simple, and can be pretty handy. Vox Populi (blue icon) shows what other people did on the same day, use it as a sugestion of what you can do that day.

SOS (red icon) is basically a "I help you, you help me" function. You can help other people (just tapping the screen), and other people will help you, healing you a bit after battles. People playing on Very Hard say it helps with SP conservation, but I never used it playing on Normal.

I just had that conversation with him! Didn't play P4 on PS2, but I still totally agree.

I feel like I've been hooked all over again in my NG+ run, too. Bought a couple of my high level Personas, my stats are almost maxed, and the S.Links seem to be shooting up! Just looking at the Voice screen and being like, "Wow. I don't have to do that!" is awesome.

I joined the music club and basketball team this time, being more proactive in hanging out with Yosuke (love that dude), and I'm waiting for Ai's S. Link to appear. I missed the subtle way she's introduced on my first run.
Same here, Im having a lot of fun with ng+,it helps that there are modifiers for the difficulty. Im like level 25 after the first dungeon and already have 250000 yen with maxed social stats and compendium. Makes it a lot easier to check out stuff I couldnt in my first run.

Also yeah, the early bird cameos are really cool. Never noticed the death lady and the mom and son before.

Reclaimer

After some reviews and impressions in this thread, decided to take the plunge and get this game. Unfortunately, as I was downloading it, I discovered my Vitas touchscreen is not responding to much anymore. Hopefully Sony is fast with their replacements!

Curufinwe

After some reviews and impressions in this thread, decided to take the plunge and get this game. Unfortunately, as I was downloading it, I discovered my Vitas touchscreen is not responding to much anymore. Hopefully Sony is fast with their replacements!

For P4G you only need the top left of the screen to respond to touch, but good luck with the replacement process.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What? You gotta go Chie, Yukiko, and Naoto. Who'd wanna hang out with guys?

The
guy scenes for Christmas, Ski-trip, Valentines
are much better than the
Yukiko/Rise/Naoto/Chie ones

Trigger

You really don't need the touch features, so you can still play.

skarabrae

Banned
Just went back into
Marukyu Striptease to test Rise's skills out and the first time I did an All Out Attack and the team did 472 damage, I was like "Oh wow. Rise IS OP."
My characters are currently hovering around level 39 and this happening in the first two floors of the dungeon.

I recently noticed that the game actually tells you whether or not someone is ready to level up in their SL. I wish I knew this when I first played the game on the PS2. Could've helped me manage time better.

AW MAN

I finally beat
S.Teddie

I fused King Frost and absorbed all the ice attacks, but then the boss started to ice break me. he had about 30% hp left and managed to kill the rest of my team (Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko). Unfortunately, I didn't bring enough Revival Beads for the party. My K. Frost only had ice spells and I couldn't risk using other personas out of fear for a random Bufu so I had to dig deep in my pack for those instant damage items and keep the assault going with my sword. I beat that furry bastard. Now I'm in that weird kid's dungeon

Can someone help me on quest 47: "Find Me Something to Wear". I have no idea what I'm supposed to find, how much of it I'm supposed to find, where I'm supposed to find it, and what enemy drops it (or if it is in a chest).

Also, for quest 5: "Acquire a Demon Statue", I can't find shady student to return to him. I'm in the month of November... did I miss him?

anyone? :(

jiggles

Banned
I'm lv 43 now and still using just Izanagi. I have one strong healing Persona for jams, but aside from that, Izzy all the way.

He stopped learning skills ages ago, but with all the stat card's I've shuffled his way, dude's so jacked that even anything I can fuse with a max social link results in a big drop in my stats.

Trigger

Go to the Secret Laboratory and fight the Power Castle shadows. They appear starting on the 3rd floor. You need a total of 8 power rocks. Once you got them, sell it to Daidara and he'll unlock a new piece of armor. Bring that back to the woman.

I don't think the shady student disappears. Maybe you're just missing him? Weather can change which npcs are around.

Venfayth

Anyone know if you need to sell X number of items at one time to unlock Daidara's stuff, or if'ts just X cumulatively over the course of the game.

Meier

Yikes! Beat (end game I assume spoilers)
Adachi quite easily (no surprise) and then of course learned about Ameno-Sagachi. I figured he'd jump off to some other dungeon.. hope I don't die! I still have plenty of my SP left but I wasn't expecting to jump right into another battle.

Trigger

Yikes! Beat (end game I assume spoilers)
Adachi quite easily (no surprise) and then of course learned about Ameno-Sagiri. I figured he'd jump off to some other dungeon.. hope I don't die! I still have plenty of my SP left but I wasn't expecting to jump right into another battle.

I hope you waited until the 22nd.
The game won't give you the extra days you have in December.

Anyone know if you need to sell X number of items at one time to unlock Daidara's stuff, or if'ts just X cumulatively over the course of the game.

It's cumulative.

Go to the Secret Laboratory and fight the Power Castle shadows. They appear starting on the 3rd floor. You need a total of 8 power rocks. Once you got them, sell it to Daidara and he'll unlock a new piece of armor. Bring that back to the woman.

I don't think the shady student disappears. Maybe you're just missing him? Weather can change which npcs are around.

I've been searching for shady student for a month or so. Still can't find him. Maybe I just encountered a glitch? Oh well.

The Power Castles are just giving me fine coal. I guess I have to complete that quest first before it gives me the power rocks.

And, about the Jester s.link:
I am on 5 with him, and it is novermber 4th. did i screw this one up?

Top Bottom