• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
played the first one back on the ps1 days, and again on my psp.

P3 is unquestionably a better game, but I like P1 more.

Well, I'm not a P3 fan myself. I'm not a big fan of the cast because they're all too outrageous yet they don't really have outstanding personalities. I'd say the only ones who stand out are Goddess Mitsuru, Suave Akihiko, and Cool Junpei.

Man, the description for Very Hard in P4G should really be the description for P3Fes Hard. I've only beaten the original P3 back when it came out, so I bought P3Fes the other day so I can play through it again with the new changes.

There's been several times that I have wanted to restart the game on normal. Miss a zio on a regular enemy? Lose an hour of progress. Don't get an advantage? Lose an hour of progress. Almost every boss fight is a guaranteed game over on the first attempt to see what skills it uses and what element it might be weak against. Even when I devise a good strategy to defeat the boss afterwards, there are so many factors that I can't control leading to a defeat: a missed skill, AI fucking up the strategy, etc.

To add salt to the wound, there's no skip function. Losing a full moon boss battle means it takes a while to get to the boss again since I need to go through an entire day of conversations and events.

Akito

What the... I just got the "Hardcore Risette Fan" trophy out of nowhere. I didn't even use Kanji at all nor did I grind for it once. NG+ will be a breeze now that I don't have to worry about it anymore.

What the... I just got the "Hardcore Risette Fan" trophy out of nowhere. I didn't even use Kanji at all nor did I grind for it once. NG+ will be a breeze now that I don't have to worry about it anymore.
It's just get her to say 250 things. She has a lot more things to say. Still congrats, people have been tearing their over that trophy.

I'm a Yukiko-er but Chie is pretty damn awesome, not sure how anyone can actually hate her. I like her arc overall. When you first meet her she comes off as obnoxious and loud and silly but the more you get to know her the more endearing it all becomes, especially when you learn why she's all blaow blaow inyaface.

Rise on the other hand is just annoying. Talk about clingy. It's almost TOO easy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Question, I need to do some quests. I've got info for Ted, but if I talk to Yukiko or Kanji, I can still go through their dungeons to get the items for quests and it won't waste the day as long as I don't leave the tv, right?

Akito

It's just get her to say 250 things. She has a lot more things to say. Still congrats, people have been tearing their over that trophy.
Yeah, I've heard that she has a total of 350 lines or something but since so many seem to have trouble with it, I thought I'll push it back to NG+, where you can adjust the difficulty level on the fly. Well, the Platinum is now only a matter of time :)

Necrovex

It's so nice to be round people who know me.

If I get to live in Japan, and you actually decide to come over to the land of the Rising Sun to see a Persona concert, you can chill at my place. On the condition that you either watch a full season of K-on, a full season of Madoka Magica, a full season of School Days, or a full season of Queen's Blade. Only one of these series won't cause permanent damage to your mind.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hoping, whatever the next Persona is, there's more visuals of the Personas themselves.
YEtBg.jpg

I really like the look of certain ones.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I played the second Summoner. Never did the first one because it cost too much online.

Wish they'd put them up as PS2 classics

Jintor

One disappointment: there's no "Praise" option in the rescue message menu, so I can't get "Praise the Sun!" as a rescue message.

Okay, say I make a lunch and and go hang out with someone during Lunchtime, does it matter whether or not I have that person's persona with me? (i.e. Do I need a Strength persona when hanging out with Kou for lunch?)

Trigger

Okay, say I make a lunch and and go hang out with someone during Lunchtime, does it matter whether or not I have that person's persona with me? (i.e. Do I need a Strength persona when hanging out with Kou for lunch?)

Yes.

Hoping, whatever the next Persona is, there's more visuals of the Personas themselves.
I really like the look of certain ones.

Ippon-Datara is one of my favorites too.

Is it, like, expected that we'll change Personas throughout the game? Because I used Izanagi until around Kanji's castle, then switched to using Ame-no-Uzume exclusively, and haven't looked back (around lvl. 65 now).

Just haven't found a cooler looking Persona yet, and I feel like I'm playing it wrong :-(

Mzo

Is it, like, expected that we'll change Personas throughout the game? Because I used Izanagi until around Kanji's castle, then switched to using Ame-no-Uzume exclusively, and haven't looked back (around lvl. 65 now).

Just haven't found a cooler looking Persona yet, and I feel like I'm playing it wrong :-(

I constantly fuse Personas and change Personas. With the bonuses you can get really high level ones early with higher ranks of the spells you're using.

I can't imagine sticking with one longer than, like, a dungeon.

Trigger

I think there's a trophy for changing personas multiple times in one battle, but no you're not playing it "wrong" sis. Golden makes the stat bonuses and skill upgrades after battle so frequent that it's more than viable to change stick to one persona all the way through.

Is it, like, expected that we'll change Personas throughout the game? Because I used Izanagi until around Kanji's castle, then switched to Ame-no-Uzume, and haven't looked back (around lvl. 65 now).

Hanging onto a persona isn't something that you could do in any of the other games, so in that sense, you're doing it wrong. Best Personas come for quad+ fusion. Black Frost is the best persona you can have at level 38 by a country mile, Tam Lin is pretty beastly for when you can fuse that too. Then there's Trumpeter and Yoshitsune which is broken as fuck. Fuse personas and use them to make new ones with stacked abilities.

Fuse Fuse Fuse

Jeels

So I've google search'd for a good 15 minutes. Anyone know where I can find all the character portrait art in this game. No luck. :(

Balphon

You're not doing it wrong if you're enjoying it. Some of the systems added in P4G make sticking with one persona much, much easier than it would be in P3/P4.

Jeels

Have you checked the SMT wiki? Most of the art for major and minor characters is on there. Though I suppose the quality might be lacking.

Ya I did, unfortunately they only have character portraits from P4, not from Arena/Golden. And even those look like scans?

Marche90

So I've google search'd for a good 15 minutes. Anyone know where I can find all the character portrait art in this game. No luck. :(

I found a lot of artwork in a site called Et Tu, Gamer. Try searching the link to the site in the Art thread (or just google it) and search it under the S (Shin Megami Tensei) > Persona (either series or 4, can't remember that well)

Top Bottom