• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Venfayth

Is it just me or do the chains of the secret boss show up in the earlier dungeons as well? After playing P3, I am very predisposed to Get the hell off that floor whenever I hear those chains, but I only ever hear people encountering it in the final dungeon.

Don't worry about it too much, it'll be painfully obvious if you're about to run into something you shouldn't be fighting.

Meier

I ran into the Reaper as well. I play with no or limited sound most of the time since I'm usually on the couch while my fiancee is watching TV or something so I didn't even hear the chains. I gave it a shot though after the warning and was of course promptly slaughtered. I think he "only" did about 800 or so damage to us but I could be off.

Is it possible to beat him without being like level 99? I got the notice a second time in a later dungeon but didn't try my luck.

aOUrn.jpg

I think we already had Mystery Food X in this thread, but this seems to be real, edible food with some post cards (?) added to the mix.

~eats the girls instead~ =3

Loving the game more than ever, about 35 hours in. I'm extremely sad because I was looking up a poorly worded search to figure out what to do next and think I spoiled who the killer is from Wikipedia of all places.

It's okay, the game offers so much more than just simply the identity of the killer, me and the lovely Chie are an item now, so that rocks.

Clear time 91h 20m

Would have been about 15 hours less but I went a bit nuts grinding and fusing personas towards the end

I have to say, the last boss tracks are more amazing then I remember. The Fog is dat Meguro goodness but The Genesis, that's a real final boss track. A lot of the time you'll see a really cool track get saved for the final battle, which I guess what The Fog is for. That track, the progression, the calls to other tracks. If
the point where Reach Out To The Truth kicked it in didn't swell you with Snake Had A Hard Life manly tears and rouse you to victory
, I don't even wanna talk to yo ass.

Anyway, the epilogue; it would have been cool as post credits. The momentum towards original credits sequence was so perfect, what a waste. As far as the epilogue itself
WHAT DID YOU DO KANJI? YOU LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE GOOBER. Nothing else was all that surprising. Marie being a weather girl despite being younger than the cast. Wat? Naoto, Chie and Yukiko looking good. Rise looking like Daisoujou. MC laughing the same way he grunts to close it out. Hah!

While I was enjoying the new jazzed up version of Nevermore at 3:30 am I noticed a big ass spider walking on my arm. Moment ruined courtesy of Australian wildlife

Easy, you have to answer six questions in a row correctly. Messing up any one of them gives you a bad ending, so unless you look it up or suffer through the 30 mins of dialogue after the last save over and over again it's very possible to get a bad ending.

Yeah, I'm surprised more ppl aren't posting in here about getting the bad ending. Guess I need check a FAQs again.

End game spoilers:
when does Marie's dungeon unlock?

Also can you still level up SL from Dec to March?

Tiu Neo

Yeah, I'm surprised more ppl aren't posting in here about getting the bad ending. Guess I need check a FAQs again.

End game spoilers:
when does Marie's dungeon unlock?

Also can you still level up SL from Dec to March?

Feb. 13.

Yes, from Dec. until Feb. 11, iirc. Some SLs may not show (
Adachi, Marie. Also, Dojima and Nanako show up only a couple of days.
)

I have to say, the last boss tracks are more amazing then I remember. The Fog is dat Meguro goodness but The Genesis, that's a real final boss track. A lot of the time you'll see a really cool track get saved for the final battle, which I guess what The Fog is for. That track, the progression, the calls to other tracks. If
the point where Reach Out To The Truth kicked it in didn't swell you with Snake Had A Hard Life manly tears and rouse you to victory
, I don't even wanna talk to yo ass.

That's what I felt about The Fog and The Genesis. The build up in The Genesis and then
going into an orchestral version of Reach Out was amazing. Especially since it kicked in when my party was dying.
It really made the battle feel like a final struggle.

Anyway, the epilogue; it would have been cool as post credits. The momentum towards original credits sequence was so perfect, what a waste. As far as the epilogue itself
WHAT DID YOU DO KANJI? YOU LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE GOOBER. Nothing else was all that surprising. Marie being a weather girl despite being younger than the cast. Wat? Naoto, Chie and Yukiko looking good. Rise looking like Daisoujou. MC laughing the same way he grunts to close it out. Hah!
Marie is the way older than the cast. Like eons old. What are you even talking about?

Trigger

Marie is the way older than the cast. Like eons old. What are you even talking about?

To most people she looks younger or at least the same age as the cast. It's wierd to think some weather station started employing her even if she's secretly the other aspect of a goddess.

Venfayth

To most people she looks younger or at least the same age as the cast. It's wierd to think some weather station started employing her even if she's secretly the other aspect of a goddess.

Her powers would be lucrative though ... Just don't get her in a bad mood :)

Feb. 13.

Yes, from Dec. until Feb. 11, iirc. Some SLs may not show (
Adachi, Marie. Also, Dojima and Nanako show up only a couple of days.
)

Aww, I was hoping to get Adachi a little higher for the extra scenes. Good thing I maxed out Marie. What about her dungeon, when does it unlock?

Trigger

Aww, I was hoping to get Adachi a little higher for the extra scenes. Good thing I maxed out Marie. What about her dungeon, when does it unlock?

Feb 13th, she's the real deadline for maxing out any other social links. After her dungeon you won't have anymore time.

Eh, I think she can pass for someone in their 20s, which most weather girls are. Also she's no longer an aspect, well at least by the ending. Inaba is her home now, so I think the weather girl thing fits her pretty well after screwing with the town and tv world for a year, she owes them some good weather, lol. Gods showing up as normal looking people with normal looking jobs in the modern world always kind of amused me.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I always thought she looked a tad bit older than the rest of the cast. Maybe a year or two

Trigger

I always thought she looked a tad bit older than the rest of the cast. Maybe a year or two

I thought someone implied she looked younger than the cast. I can't remember who though.

Eh, I think she can pass for someone in their 20s, which most weather girls are. Also she's no longer an aspect, well at least by the ending. Inaba is her home now, so I think the weather girl thing fits her pretty well after screwing with the town and tv world for a year, she owes them some good weather, lol. Gods showing up as normal looking people with normal looking jobs in the modern world always kind of amused me.

Yeah, I figured as much since Ryoji essentially convinced everyone he was a transfer student.

Are there any good online guides to fusing? I'm kind of paralyzed by all the options.

What's paralyzing you? Are you worried about making "wrong" fusions?

My "Only use the main character's starter Persona" run is going rather well.

Character LV20
Izanagi LV17

Strength 15
Magic 15
Endurance 22
Agility 19
Luck 15

Zio
Mabufu
Dia
Cleave
Rakunda
Sukunda
Tarunda
Old One

Noticeably better stats than any of my other party members and the skills I've gotten from skill cards and Skill+ aren't bad.

For some bizarre reason, all of the single target -nda skills are considered rank 1 skills. Not going to complain. :)

Akito

Also done with NG after like 93h. This is the first time I ever played a Persona game and now I can totally see where the huge following coming from :) The beginning was somewhat slow, the first dungeons especially were a huge pain in the ass if you're not familiar with the gameplay but the character could always motivate me to keep playing. I can't remember the last game that had such a big and terrific cast. If I had to choose one favorite character, it would probably be Chie but I like pretty much every single one of them.
Now onto NG+, got to read all of the books, complete the Compendium and level up all the SLs.

The True Ending was very nice btw, totally worth playing the extra dungeon for.

Sophia

I finally have all the books.
r4CiE.png

I just need to read them now. I don't even know if this trophy is worth all this effort.

Pretty sure I'll never get that trophy. I just don't have the patience for "Miss it and it's gone forever" achievs like that ><;

SmithnCo

The books mostly require the strength social link to be below 5 or above 6 (for three of them I think), Than just eating at Aiya 8 times and taking a girl to the festival, so it's not too bad on the missable side.

The quest where you have to fight the hands in Yukiko's dungeon I think, sucked though. Screw those rare hands.

Trigger

You actually have to farm for two quests to all the books. The guy in front of the bookstore has two quests where he needs something from the dungeons in exchage for books. Fortunately, the second request was waaaay easier.

Pretty sure I'll never get that trophy. I just don't have the patience for "Miss it and it's gone forever" achievs like that ><;

It's mostly been a pain because I'm trying to max all social links and get the books.

SmithnCo

You actually have to farm for two quests to all the books. The guy in front of the bookstore has two quests where he needs something from the dungeons in exchage for books. Fortunately, the second request was waaaay easier.

Yeah, that's the scales in the club I think, they're less rare than the hands it seems. I swear I spend at least an hour or two looking for those stupid hands.

Trigger

Is that even possible for the first playthrough? I'm only asking because I'm doing my first playthrough now, and I'm starting to have doubts (I'm having the same pain lol)

I'm following a guide to try to do both and I'm struggling. Since I don't need to study for quizzes or waste time for other stats I can squeeze in more time for the links. I'm not sure I could do it on a first playthrough.

Miker

Is there any spoiler-free way of describing how to get the good ending? I'm guessing there isn't, but I wanted to ask anyway.

Trigger

Is there any spoiler-free way of describing how to get the good ending? I'm guessing there isn't, but I wanted to ask anyway.

You have to give a certain set of responses on a specific day to get the normal ending. You'll know when it comes because the game will actually prompt you to save beforehand. That's as vague as I can get.

50 hours in now... still don't feel any closer to beating it. I just
beat the dungeon with the black-eyed kid who said he was the killer, now waiting for "the police to make their move."

Can anyone tell me about how much more game there is here? It's starting to drag on, honestly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Question, what's hte point of leaving a dungeon for a rescue before the rescue? Just to learn the weaknesses of the enemies? It's not like Diablo's town portals where I can go back to that floor, right?

Dantis

50 hours in now... still don't feel any closer to beating it. I just
beat the dungeon with the black-eyed kid who said he was the killer, now waiting for "the police to make their move."

Can anyone tell me about how much more game there is here? It's starting to drag on, honestly.

Hours. You have four more dungeons for the main game, and the Golden dungeon if you're wanting to do the new content.

Trigger

You're only about half way through the game.

Question, what's hte point of leaving a dungeon for a rescue before the rescue? Just to learn the weaknesses of the enemies? It's not like Diablo's town portals where I can go back to that floor, right?

You always start from the last floor you were on in a dungeon. This resets after the next dungeon unlocks when the optional bosses appear.

Venfayth

When you leave a dungeon, you can resume that dungeon at the floor you left.

SmithnCo

If you leave you can return to the floor you left on.

The point would usually be to heal, especially SP.

Miker

You have to give a certain set of responses on a specific day to get the normal ending. You'll know when it comes because the game will actually prompt you to save beforehand. That's as vague as I can get.

That's good enough for me. Thanks!

EDIT: And by normal, you mean the "bad" ending? So if I give the right responses, I get the true ending?

Trigger

That's good enough for me. Thanks!

EDIT: And by normal, you mean the "bad" ending? So if I give the right responses, I get the true ending?

No, the normal ending is the good ending. The bad and neutral endings will come if you give the wrong answers (and you'll know pretty quickly if you did). True ending has its own set of prerequisites on another day.

Top Bottom