• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

TWILT

Banned
Take the scooter on a long ride three times.
Then you have to get the better rod from the old man at the riverbank.

I know I am missing a little detail there though.

You also have to catch the Guardian fish in order for the old man to give the rod to you.

Jintor

Is there anything productive you can do after entering the TV in the evening, or is that the price for dungeon crawling?

Aiii

So not worth it
When you enter the TV you lose the ability to go out at night. You can do things at home though.

-Darnit, beaten!

Dantis

I've never done Chie's social link romantically.... hmmm... Kinda liked how P3P had an option for the girls.

I haven't either. Always seen her as more of a friend-character.

If I get to live in Japan, and you actually decide to come over to the land of the Rising Sun to see a Persona concert, you can chill at my place. On the condition that you either watch a full season of K-on, a full season of Madoka Magica, a full season of School Days, or a full season of Queen's Blade. Only one of these series won't cause permanent damage to your mind.

Lol! IT'S A DEAL.

Squire

Banned
Hmm. How likely is it that P4A gets a sequel? It's quickly becoming something I want very much, just from a gameplay standpoint.

Last floor of the last dungeon ;_;

Kind of want to grind some more and fuse Lucifer but I'm obliterating everything with Yoshitsune (Auto-Mataru + Power Charge + Hassou Tobi = Mass Destruction).

I don't want it to end

Dantis

Hmm. How likely is it that P4A gets a sequel? It's quickly becoming something I want very much, just from a gameplay standpoint.

STOP BEING A BAD PERSON.

Last floor of the last dungeon ;_;

Kind of want to grind some more and fuse Lucifer but I'm obliterating everything with Yoshitsune (Auto-Mataru + Power Charge + Hassou Tobi = Mass Destruction).

I don't want it to end

The last dungeon is such a great way to end the game. I love the visuals and the music for it.

Squire

Banned
STOP BEING A BAD PERSON.

Hahaha! Really? I should say I meant only from a gameplay standpoint. I'm only one fight/forty minutes into Yu's story. Yep. That's definitely a visual novel.

But mechanically this a great fighter. I'd love more.

Dantis

Hahaha! Really? I should say I meant only from a gameplay standpoint. I'm only one fight/forty minutes into Yu's story. Yep. That's definitely a visual novel.

I'm kidding anyway. I complain a lot about Arena, but it doesn't really bother me. The main thing that upsets me is that it's not a game for me in my favourite gaming franchise.

I think the chances of a sequel could go either way. The game got acceptable sales in Japan, so it's not out of the question. The story also ends on a huuuuuge cliffhanger (And doesn't really wrap up anything beyond how Labrys was made), so you'd think they'd need to finish that up at some point.

Squire

Banned
I'm kidding anyway. I complain a lot about Arena, but it doesn't really bother me. The main thing that upsets me is that it's not a game for me in my favourite gaming franchise.

Haha, I figured. No worries. Just ribbing you back :) And I think I know that feeling. You've seen my posts in the FFXIII-related threads as of late. Though I'm pretty sure that's not my favorite franchise anymore :/

Lusankya

aOUrn.jpg

I think we already had Mystery Food X in this thread, but this seems to be real, edible food with some post cards (?) added to the mix.

Oh snap, I got Hardcore Risette Fan without paying any attention to it

All I need to do now is start a new game, do all the S.Links, read all the books, fill the compendium, catch the Sea Guardian and get a fusion accident to happen.

Almost got da platinum

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Oh snap, I got Hardcore Risette Fan without paying any attention to it

All I need to do now is start a new game, do all the S.Links, read all the books, fill the compendium, catch the Sea Guardian and get a fusion accident to happen.

Almost got da platinum
Good luck!

You can do it in very easy mode. You can plow those through in 30-35 hours (includes skipping all the cutscenes) if you use a social link guide.

eznark

Banned
Is there a way to call friends yourself to hang out? I'm like 30 hours in, past the first real dungeon but not to the second one and I see people are using their time to do things like spend time with Chie when I am sitting at home and only able to go to the shops or study or whatever.

Jintor

Ya, I haven't picked up a guitar except for gigs in two weeks... I'm actually going to have to put down the Vita to go shovel today, though...

It's been a while since I've played something I just don't get tired of. If I get tired of dungeon crawling, it's time to social link... if I get tired of social linking, there's always something to do around town... if I get tired of that, deadline's approaching and we gotta go in the TV!

Salaadin

Someone needs to make a Persona 4 themed weather skin for Beautiful Widgets. I wish I knew how to do it. I might actually learn how just for this.
Are there any icon packs out there that contain all the different weather icons, etc?

Akito

Someone needs to make a Persona 4 themed weather skin for Beautiful Widgets. I wish I knew how to do it. I might actually learn how just for this.
Are there any icon packs out there that contain all the different weather icons, etc?
Download this, they're all in the zip.

kiyomi

Damn, how easy was Naoto's shadow? Absolute cakewalk.

48 hours in and I still think this game is amazing. Maxed out Rise (<3) and Yukiko's SLs and now I want to focus on Yosuke and Chie to get their extra abilities in combat.

I'm not the biggest Chie fan - I find her VA a little grating - but I find she's super useful in combat so I can't imagine going into battle without her.

Necrovex

I think the chances of a sequel could go either way. The game got acceptable sales in Japan, so it's not out of the question. The story also ends on a huuuuuge cliffhanger (And doesn't really wrap up anything beyond how Labrys was made), so you'd think they'd need to finish that up at some point.

If the Blazblue franchise is any indication, there will be a lot more of Persona 4 Arena, particularly since the sales were good on Japan. The problem that will probably happen will be TOO much Persona 4 Arena.

Is there a way to call friends yourself to hang out? I'm like 30 hours in, past the first real dungeon but not to the second one and I see people are using their time to do things like spend time with Chie when I am sitting at home and only able to go to the shops or study or whatever.

Can't call or text them. Sometimes they will call or text you when you go into your bedroom in the evening. You might run into them at night though which is helpful for advancing links. We can only hope that P5 let's us call or text people.

Dantis

If the Blazblue franchise is any indication, there will be a lot more of Persona 4 Arena, particularly since the sales were good on Japan. The problem that will probably happen will be TOO much Persona 4 Arena.

The sales weren't that good though, so I'm not sure.

It sold a lot worse than the first Blazblue, I think.

If their liscenced fighting games are any indication, they will make one and stop there...though this is their most successful one, sooooo....

Mzo

How in the world does someone get the bad ending on a second play through? How dumb an I?

Easy, you have to answer six questions in a row correctly. Messing up any one of them gives you a bad ending, so unless you look it up or suffer through the 30 mins of dialogue after the last save over and over again it's very possible to get a bad ending.

FStop7

Banned
I had a really weird random encounter with some kind of high end mob in a dungeon.

I tried to open a chest and a warning came up that someone had a bad feeling about it. I said open it anyway and again someone said "I feel something really evil, are you sure?" I had just arrived on that floor so if I died I wouldn't have lost any progress, so I opened it up.

What came out was some nasty looking shadow called a Reaper. The boss music came on for it. I barely scratched it and then it one shotted my entire party for 1500+ damage each and that was it. After I restarted the floor it was gone and I haven't seen it since.

I had a really weird random encounter with some kind of high end mob in a dungeon.

I tried to open a chest and a warning came up that someone had a bad feeling about it. I said open it anyway and again someone said "I feel something really evil, are you sure?" I had just arrived on that floor so if I died I wouldn't have lost any progress, so I opened out.

What came out was some nasty looking shadow called a Reaper. The boss music came on for it. I barely scratched it and then it one shotted my entire party for 1500+ damage each and that was it. After I restarted the floor it was gone and I haven't seen it since.

Secret boss only reserved for new game + in the original Persona 4. In Persona 3, even on the first playthrough, that thing will appear and chase you if you spend too long on 1 floor of Tartarus

Secret boss only reserved for new game + in the original Persona 4. In Persona 3, even on the first playthrough, that thing will appear and chase you if you spend too long on 1 floor of Tartarus

Is it just me or do the chains of the secret boss show up in the earlier dungeons as well? After playing P3, I am very predisposed to Get the hell off that floor whenever I hear those chains, but I only ever hear people encountering it in the final dungeon.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Is it just me or do the chains of the secret boss show up in the earlier dungeons as well? After playing P3, I am very predisposed to Get the hell off that floor whenever I hear those chains, but I only ever hear people encountering it in the final dungeon.

They can show up on the first dungeon.

FStop7

Banned

Oh is that what that noise is? I thought the jangling sound was money, as in the Treasure Hand was somewhere nearby.

Top Bottom