• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Jintor

That's the best way to go really, although, focus on your stats like "Knowledge" and "Understanding" etc, that way, it's easier to open up and finish the social links in NG+.

Is your avvy from official art? (Is it even Chie? Seen a few different interpretations of her...)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, I'm behind on Strength because I was trying to get those damn books for the trophy. I'll be cutting things close.

Ah, I was well past the point there, which was a good 4 or 5 hours and I just said screw it and went for the whole thing. I'll get the damn book trophy another time when I am not in a crunch to get others done.

Is your avvy from official art? (Is it even Chie? Seen a few different interpretations of her...)

nah, fanart. And yes, it's Chie. I'd show the full image but I can't access it because I am at work.

Image Ahoy

sAv5u.jpg

neoemonk

I was wondering when this thread would move to the community side. Should probably sub.

Cruising through September now. Finishing S Links like mad. Need to unlock some new ones I guess.

Jintor

ARGH FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT DICE SELF-DESTRUCTED AND PARTY WIPED ME

thank god for this new floor restart option... christ, I might have ragequit for a while if that had been worse. Must have been horrific for P4 players back in the day.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hehe, I like the text Chie sends during the month that TotD2 is showing :)

Also, Yukiko is into horror films, pretty cool.

Yeah, that was nice.

Yuki is all into horror stuff, even during the ski trip she's all happy about Ghost Stories.

Somehow I doubt Chie would be a Pats fan, but I'll let that slide... for now......

ARGH FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT DICE SELF-DESTRUCTED AND PARTY WIPED ME

thank god for this new floor restart option... christ, I might have ragequit for a while if that had been worse. Must have been horrific for P4 players back in the day.

Fuse Tam Lin as soon as you can to get Enduring Soul. After that, put Enduring Soul on everything. After that, get Rise to level 10

Lives on lives yo

Yeah, that was nice.

Yuki is all into horror stuff, even during the ski trip she's all happy about Ghost Stories.

Somehow I doubt Chie would be a Pats fan, but I'll let that slide... for now......

Oh yeah, and I loved the first thunder storm scene with Chie.

Well, I don't think she can resist when they make it to the Super Beef Bowl 2013 :p

I see you changed your picture back Armada

Yeah, I was out having dinner and discussing something about how Anthony Bourdain would approve of Chie's culinary tastes, so it felt right to get her back. She's great :)

Hmmm, I feel that I should make a bet with Jello about Super Beef Bowl 2013. Loser must have an Apple avatar for like 3 months.

Can someone explain to me how dismissing Persona works? What happens when I find a new one and choose to dismiss it--does it go to my compendium, or do I lose it entirely? What happens to those new Persona I find that I dismiss? Do I lose them completely?

Trigger

Can someone explain to me how dismissing Persona works? What happens when I find a new one and choose to dismiss it--does it go to my compendium, or do I lose it entirely? What happens to those new Persona I find that I dismiss? Do I lose them completely?

You have to accept a persona into your roster to record it, I believe. Once dismissed a persona has to be fused, purchased from the compendium, or regained through another shuffletime.

IIRC, once you "accept a persona in your heart", it is added to the compendium. If it levels up, you have the option to register it and overwrite the original addition. If you dismiss it, you can still buy it in the compendium. Persona that are not in your compendium will have the word "new" above their card in the shuffle mode.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, I was out having dinner and discussing something about how Anthony Bourdain would approve of Chie's culinary tastes, so it felt right to get her back. She's great :)

Hmmm, I feel that I should make a bet with Jello about Super Beef Bowl 2013. Loser must have an Apple avatar for like 3 months.

No. I'd have to go blind before I do that.

Plus it's too early to bet on anything.

Go Jags! (It'll take a miracle for them to pull that off hahaha)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Aw, I made that banner in the spoiler thread just for you! I'll get an avatar ready just in case you change your mind :)

If I were a betting man, and I am not, I'd rather it be a Tom Brady avatar, I could live with that for a week. But like I said, it's too early for anything right now.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
It seems like I just finished the game and got a pretty basic ending that didn't solve any of the mysteries of thr game. Wtf?

I didn't push the guy back into the TV. 3 months passed by immediately and I said goodbye to everyone

Jintor

Ewww.

Third dungeon boss:

Shadow Risette makes squishing sounds as she moves around on the pole. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Trigger

It seems like I just finished the game and got a pretty basic ending that didn't solve any of the mysteries of thr game. Wtf?

I didn't push the guy back into the TV. 3 months passed by immediately and I said goodbye to everyone

Wrong responses. You got the neutral ending. This is what you should have said:

"Wait a second here..." -> "We're missing something." -> "Namatame's
true feelings." -> "Something's bothering me." -> "We're missing
something..." -> "Calm the hell down!"

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Wrong responses. You got the neutral ending. This is what you should have said:

"Wait a second here..." -> "We're missing something." -> "Namatame's
true feelings." -> "Something's bothering me." -> "We're missing
something..." -> "Calm the hell down!"

Hmmm. Are there any dramatic changes in the ending if I do that?

I think the ending felt pretty abrupt. I wasn't even expecting the boss in the
heaven
dungeon to be the last.

Trigger

Hmmm. Are there any dramatic changes in the ending if I do that?

I think the ending felt pretty abrupt. I wasn't even expecting the boss in the
heaven
dungeon to be the last.

That's the dialogue chain to proceed to the normal and true endings. If you give the wrong responses then you get the neutral ending (which you already saw) or the bad ending. Heaven isn't the last dungeon there are at least three more technically.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
That's the dialogue chain to proceed to the normal and true endings. If you give the wrong responses then you get the neutral ending (which you already saw) or the bad ending. Heaven isn't the last dungeon there are at least three more technically.

3 more. What? There's no chance to do these other than start a new game + or reload an old save?

Trigger

3 more. What? There's no chance to do these other than start a new game + or reload an old save?

Yep,
if you got that ending you'll have to reload the save and give the right responses. One dungeon is for the normal (or good) ending, one dungeon is the new bonus dungeon, and then there's another dungeon for the true ending.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Yep,
if you got that ending you'll have to reload the save and give the right responses. One dungeon is for the normal (or good) ending, one dungeon is the new bonus dungeon, and then there's another dungeon for the true ending.

Are the steps to do these dungeons clear after giving the right answers, or they are also cryptic?

Trigger

The bonus dungeon is entirely optional. You just need to
max the Aeon social link before the end of December
. The true ending has its own set of steps on the final day. Neither of them are hard to unlock, but it's never made clear that there's a deadline to unlock the bonus dungeon.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
The bonus dungeon is entirely optional. You just need to
max the Aeon social link before the end of December
. The true ending has its own set of steps on the final day. Neither of them are hard to unlock, but it's never made clear that there's a deadline to unlock the bonus dungeon.

Marie is Aeon. Damn, I only had her at like level 5, so I guess I won't be able to get to it on this playthrough.

Are the steps to do these dungeons clear after giving the right answers, or they are also cryptic?

Events go in an entirely different direction if you give those responses. After that, you have to figure out
who the real killer is
and a dungeon unlocks shortly after

As for the True Ending, all you gotta do is
go to Junes one last time when the game prompts you to go home.
The rest follows from there

This game is distilled awesome. Quick question - I can't seem to get a correct answer online... When is the deadline for social links? I see some guides saying it's november 17, and some people contradicting it.

A few post above, it seems
nanako
has an even earlier deadline? With those stupid understanding/expression requirements?

Top Bottom