• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Trigger

I have the book trophy! It wasn't really worth the effort, but damnit I have it now.
r4CiE.png

This game is distilled awesome. Quick question - I can't seem to get a correct answer online... When is the deadline for social links? I see some guides saying it's november 17, and some people contradicting it.

The last day period is Feb 5th ( I stated it was the 13th, but I was wrong). Jester has to reach rank 6 before November and Aeon has to be maxed by December. I've maxed all the social links now so I can confirm that.

A few post above, it seems
nanako
has an even earlier deadline? With those stupid understanding/expression requirements?

Justice and Hierophant will become unavailable for a large period of time towards the end of the year. You'll get a small window in January where they'll reappear to max them though. You'll want to prioritize them out of the four evening social links.

I have the book trophy! It wasn't really worth the effort, but damnit I have it now.
r4CiE.png

The last day period is Feb 5th ( I stated it was the 13th, but I was wrong). Jester has to reach rank 6 before November and Aeon has to be maxed by December. I've maxed all the social links now so I can confirm that.

Justice and Hierophant will become unavailable for a large period of time towards the end of the year. You'll get a small window in January where they'll reappear to max them though. You'll want to prioritize them out of the four evening social links.

Thanks!
I haven't spent much time at all with either of Jester/Aeon :)
Any penalty for not spending time with Aeon? Not a big fan of the character, but some seem to suggest it's connected to a good ending...

Lusankya

Thanks!
Any penalty for not spending time with Aeon? Not a big fan of the character, but some seem to suggest it's connected to a good ending...

Well, you won't get the bonus dungeon without maxing her S.Link and you will miss several scenes.

Trigger

Thanks!

Just the bonus dungeon. You can get the good and true endings without having to listen to bad poetry. :p

CrovaxPSO

Does it rain on any "playable" days after it starts snowing? I might have missed my chance to enter the meat dimension on this playthrough.

I LOVE THIS GAME

Edit: I'm so glad I came in knowing more than when I played on PS2--there's so much I fucked up back then (hence why I never made it past the first dungeon)

SmithnCo

Hopefully with Rise's complete scan and Teddie Kamui Miracle, I can get the Risette Fan trophy soon. Almost done with the first playthrough, should be doing the extra dungeon soon.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Hopefully this the last time I have to ask, but I'm seriously tired of
adachi's dungeon. I was already sent back to the damn entrance thanks to a monster popping out of a chest :(

I came up to a part where they claimed there were no exits, slaughtered the boss in the middle of the map, and Rise says to go back. I don't understand what she means by this, If someone could clue me in on where to go that would be great.

SmithnCo

adachi's dungeon. I was already sent back to the damn entrance thanks to a monster popping out of a chest :(

I came up to a part where they claimed there were no exits, slaughtered the boss in the middle of the map, and Rise says to go back. I don't understand what she means by this, If someone could clue me in on where to go that would be great.

Go back to the entrance, and go back in, then DON'T go down the hole on the second floor. Instead, look for stairs to a third floor you couldn't get in previously.

Trigger

You have to return to the area where you jumped down to continue the dungeon. The game expects you to use a Gohom or traesto to leave after you weaken Adachi's barrier and kill the mid-boss.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Go back to the entrance, and go back in, then DON'T go down the hole on the second floor. Instead, look for stairs to a third floor you couldn't get in previously.
Thanks, that makes sense. I started thinking about that but I just wanted to get a confirmation just In case I do something wrong. Really tired if piledriving through these enemies. I could skip them I guess but I am convinced that I could use the grind and money.

You have to return to the area where you jumped down to continue the dungeon. The game expects you to use a Gohom or traesto to leave after you weaken Adachi's barrier and kill the mid-boss.

Appreciate the tip.

Jeels

Trophy question!

For the trophies like Rise's lines, Max Social Links, and Read all books, do they have to be done in one play through or can I spread them across multiple ones?

I haven't done shit with Fox. Every time it's raining, I end up going to Aiya
This is the second time I've played the game, and I specifically made it a point to max out the Fox.

That asshole's final request is so much work and requires so much time.

And at rank nine, his services were still way too expensive.

GRRRR!

Squire

Banned
I LOVE THIS GAME

Edit: I'm so glad I came in knowing more than when I played on PS2--there's so much I fucked up back then (hence why I never made it past the first dungeon)

I wonder what our experience will be like when P5 hits. I guess some people will have imported it, so they'll be able to help people, but then, who will help them?

Trigger

Trophy question!

For the trophies like Rise's lines, Max Social Links, and Read all books, do they have to be done in one play through or can I spread them across multiple ones?

One playthrough. Having gotten the latter two, I wish Atlus did allow the achievements to be spread across all playthroughs.

Jeels

One playthrough. Having gotten the latter two, I wish Atlus did allow the achievements to be spread across all playthroughs.

Wow, so basically impossible without a guide. Great.

Guess I'll save the social link one for my next playthrough and cram all my book reads in this one. Any other trophies like that? I'm planning on doing all the quests in this first playthrough as well.

Trigger

Wow, so basically impossible without a guide. Great.

Guess I'll save the social link one for my next playthrough and cram all my book reads in this one. Any other trophies like that? I'm planning on doing all the quests in this first playthrough as well.

Yes, Movie Buff and Fill Your Hand. Easy trophies though.

Be warned with the book trophy, you have to complete all the quests from the guy in front of the bookstore and there are three missable books that you can only get from the Strength arcana's dates. If you didn't get those three books you're screwed on that trophy.

I just defeated Kanji's boss, so now I'll be bathhouse grinding :) for a bit. What Persona should I make next? I feel like my current lineup is insubstantial:

Jack Frost, 19
Andra, 22
Cu Sith, 15
Phoenix, 22

It's tough knowing what I have available when you can't see what sort of fusion you can do from the compendium.

Also, is it worth getting all of the social links, or should I focus on the ones I have? Tower and Devil just opened up for me and I'm not sure if I should bother or spend time with Chie or something.

Trigger

Also, is it worth getting all of the social links, or should I focus on the ones I have? Tower and Devil just opened up for me and I'm not sure if I should bother or spend time with Chie or something.

I think a persona newbie can normally finish about 13 social links in one go. In a first playthrough I'd suggest just sticking to the characters you like. During your second run is the prime time to worry about maxing them and filling out that compendium.

Jeels

Question. I studied with my Strength buddies on 7/17, I didn't get Fun With Numbers. What happened?

I have a save to where I can go back a week, I hope its fixable.

My strength arcana is at level 2. I heard people mentioning not to touch it (and def not letting it get to 4+) But I'm not even doing the basketball one. I'm doing soccer.

Jintor

MOTHERFUCKER.

I ran into a hand, a basalt, and a butterfly thingy. Hand immediately casts ice wall and hit-evade up. I miss with almost every magic attack for four rounds in a row and the hand casts God Hand on MC and instantly wipes me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I maxed out sports guys and Yukiko, so I can ignore them now.

I do find it funny that, in Golden, sports guys are CONSTANTLY involved in weekend hangout sesh.

Use the Search function duder in Fusion to see what kinds of duders you can make

Thank you!

I think a persona newbie can normally finish about 13 social links in one go. In a first playthrough I'd suggest just sticking to the characters you like. During your second run is the prime time to worry about maxing them and filling out that compendium.

Woah, that's pretty surprising. Sounds like it won't be terribly difficult to finish the ones I'm interested in.

Jeels

Well, all it was was an incorrect dialogue choice. This game is ridiculous sometimes.

(Also, name of the book was changed to poly-land for this title).

TWILT

Banned
Oh my god, just when I was about to give up trying to plat this game, I finally got the stupid Hardcore Risette trophy during (end game spoilers)
the final boss battle with Izanami. Gee thanks Rise. :| Like how the Reach Out To The Truth part of the Genesis track started playing when I got it though lol.

Now I just need to get the 100 Skill Cards trophy...

Jintor

I've died on floor 9 of this fucking dungeon 4 times today. I'm cruising along merrily until I run into one thing that one shots my MC.

Ponn

Banned
You have GOT to be freaking kidding me with this damn Book trophy!!!

I've been keeping the sports SL at below 4 to get the august book I missed the first time and I noticed the july book hangout didn't happen so I look and find out if you have the Sun (culturalclub) SL above 5 or 6 that will somehow cause the sports guys not to call you in july so I just missed the july because of the stupid drama club

DAMMNIT

3rd playthrough just for the damn book trophy.

Trigger

I've been keeping the sports SL at below 4 to get the august book I missed the first time and I noticed the july book hangout didn't happen so I look and find out if you have the Sun (culturalclub) SL above 5 or 6 that will somehow cause the sports guys not to call you in july so I just missed the july because of the stupid drama club

DAMMNIT

Wow, how shitty.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

DAMMNIT

Jesus Christ.

DAMMNIT

Holy shit?! Ugh, these conditions are crazy. I got lucky, but I feel for ya man.

Ponn

Banned
How the hell could a normal person figure these crazy unrelated conditions out. I may not do a full 3rd playthrough but go back to a save I have in may and just concentrate on all the books till I have them all. That will have to be after this current Max SL/everything else playthrough.

Holy crap though this has to be the most infuriating trophy i've ever went for.

How the hell could a normal person figure these crazy unrelated conditions out. I may not do a full 3rd playthrough but go back to a save I have in may and just concentrate on all the books till I have them all. That will have to be after this current Max SL/everything else playthrough.

Holy crap though this has to be the most infuriating trophy i've ever went for.

So a word of advice to others would be like:

If you are going for the book trophy, join the Soccer Club, and do not have Sun S. Link above rank 5 until August. Is that accurate?

Top Bottom