• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Sophia

Okay, more questions about endings:

I just got to the choice for the bad/normal endings, and the choices were pretty obvious, and I avoided the bad ending. Now my question is how to get the true ending - is there any spoiler-free way of describing what conditions are necessary for it? Like for the bad/normal ending, the date would've sufficed - is there a corresponding date for the true ending?

March 20th

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
You'll get a chance to use her later. The game makes you wait so that everyone gets her at the same time no matter when they finished the dungeon.

Also, if the game is that easy now, perhaps I need to play on Very Hard when I get Golden...
Yeah, I'm at the point where she's added to the party. I guess I just wanted some in-game recognition for my achievement. =P No big deal.

IIRC, Very Hard is just Hard without being able to retry a floor when hitting game over. To me, it's just a quality of life decision to go with Hard instead of Very Hard.

Sophia

Roger that. Thanks, you guys are great :)

EDIT: Sophia, I'm playing on the PS2 version, does that make a difference? I thought Golden had an extra month or something and that might affect the date.

Yeah Golden has extra months, however...
It doesn't mean much, March 20th is the final day in both versions.

IIRC, Very Hard is just Hard without being able to retry a floor when hitting game over. To me, it's just a quality of life decision to go with Hard instead of Very Hard.

Coulda swore there was a difference in the amount of money/XP earned too?

Some fun stuff today...

50C25172-05F0-45DB-A28D-261CBE09397B-4402-000003204F10C985_zps31286c42.jpg

And yes, I spent most of my time playing P4G while in like at Disneyland. Nothing says family friendly while replaying Rise's level while in line for Pirates of the Carribbean.

Jintor

And yes, I spent most of my time playing P4G while in like at Disneyland. Nothing says family friendly while replaying Rise's level while in line for Pirates of the Carribbean.

Turn the music louder

That remix CD, no surprise, has the best version of Never More you will ever hear. The first time I heard it I actually teared up.

Ponn

Banned
MERRY CHRISTMAS PERSONA-GAF!!

Kanji: "Hey guys, you like the Christmas costumes I made?

Yosuke: "NO! How the hell can I implement Operation: Up Close and Personal Christmas Edition when we look like we are going to a Furries Convention"

Kanji: "Get Bent Yosuke! Will someone please pet my fur?"

Teddie: "Hey baby's, don't fight over me...we can all smooch over there under the mistletoe"

Trigger

Why is that? Is it because everyone's stats have been adjusted to be easier, or there are more game-breaking abilities/Persona?

Mostly the latter with the addition of new abilities (like the dual attacks and the bike skills) and the gold shadows becoming more common. Questing is easier since you can start from the beginning of a floor.

Is there a guide to buying all the costumes or are they just all purchasable in the clothing store?

Psst!

Jintor

Some of them you gotta get from Mysterious Fox.

I wish Mysterious Fox was, like, part of the investigation team more in events and stuff. Should've shown up on fireworks night, or during the summer festival, at least.

SmithnCo

Hah, I'm wearing the Christmas costumes too.

Being able to skip in NG+ is great, as is being able to decimate every enemy in one or two attacks.

SmithnCo

Question: what exactly do I have to do to be able to
face Margaret
on NG+?

Is there a special event or something on a particular day that I have to be aware of so I don't miss it?

Sophia

Tutor is an social link as well.

Damnit, I JUST added that one in as you posted. XD

But yeah.

face Margaret
on NG+?

Is there a special event or something on a particular day that I have to be aware of so I don't miss it?

All optional bosses have to be beaten and her social link maxed out by Magatsu Inaba. Visit her on the final day of the game BEFORE talking to the NPC that opens up the last dungeon.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
face Margaret
on NG+?

Max her SL, beat all the optional dungeon bosses and talk to her twice on the last day.

CSX

I just noticed something about the buff spells (tara, suku, raka)

Now i had teddie coming in with a auto-suku but had Yosuke do Sukukaja to him.

Instead of the game saying "already in effect", it now says "hit/evasion rate increase will last longer" or something like that.

If im reading that correctly, that means we can now stack the same buffs over and over to last many turns instead of the standard 3. Is there a max to how many turns in a row a buff can last?

Trigger

I just noticed something about the buff spells (tara, suku, raka)

Now i had teddie coming in with a auto-suku but had Yosuke do Sukukaja to him.

Instead of the game saying "already in effect", it now says "hit/evasion rate increase will last longer" or something like that.

If im reading that correctly, that means we can now stack the same buffs over and over to last many turns instead of the standard 3. Is there a max to how many turns in a row a buff can last?

There's no max as far as I'm aware, but enemies can completely dispel them no matter times you've cast the spell.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
God, I should have made more saves. I ended up saving a day before the
ski trip in february
and didn't realize you had no input until the last day. I heard you can sell your stuff, but I never went through
Adachi's place
again, nor did I fuse any personas. Now I have to go all the way back to 1/1 (latest save) and redo all of those social link grinding. Thank goodness for fast forward.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I just grinded for an hour to get my Trumpeter with Debilitate and I just steam rolled what I think is the final boss

W00000000

Jintor

My fucking vita screen stopped responding when I lock screened after dungeon grinding for an hour without saving. GOD FUCKING DAMNIT.

Vita normally doesn't fuck up but when it does it does it in the worst possible places. Maybe I should just turn off the lock screen...

I played this before on the PS2 but never finished it even though I was enjoying it, and now I'm back to where I was when I left off, which is probably 20-25% into the game,
( the part where Rise is first pushed into the shadow world)
and I'm picking up on some stuff I didn't really pay attention too the first time,
mainly in regards to the killer. I'm pretty sure I know who's kidnapping everybody and throwing them into the shadow world and the game is kinda making it obvious; It's gotta be Adachi. he's always leaking details of the case in front of everybody( almost like he's doing it on purpose), always sneaking off from the job, he's mentioned how bored he is in Inaba, and when Rise disappeared RIGHT after he talked to her it became way too obvious. Not to mention being a police officer gives him the perfect alibi and a chance to tamper with the case. So in regards to who doing the crimes
, am I in the ballpark or am I totally off?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Buying and paying this today. Should arrive tomorrow right on Christmas holiday. Really excited!

Excited, excited, excited! Heheheh.

Question: I know about the requesting help feature but as far as real gameplay is concerned this game pretty much has no online feature whatsoever, right? Also, playing this game offline since my Internet sucks :\ Other than trophies and that requesting help thing, I should not miss anything, correct?

Trigger

Buying and paying this today. Should arrive tomorrow right on Christmas holiday. Really excited!

Excited, excited, excited! Heheheh.

Question: I know about the requesting help feature but as far as real gameplay is concerned this game pretty much has no online feature whatsoever, right? Also, playing this game offline since my Internet sucks :\ Other than trophies and that requesting help thing, I should not miss anything, correct?

Correct.

I just grinded for an hour to get my Trumpeter with Debilitate and I just steam rolled what I think is the final boss

W00000000

Now get that skill card and put Debilitate on Yoshitsune. Cast Debilitate then Power Charge, between that have Chie or Naoto cast Heat Riser on you.

Finally, cast Hassou Tobi and witness the apocolypse

Got a question. Faced my first battle against a shadow and found its weakness. So once I have found a weakness do I continue attacking its weakness ( using the same persona move on it) until I win, without using any other attack methods?

And what does 'rush' do?
How do I know when a shadow will attack so that I can guard?

Nearly 3 hours in. That chie character's voice is annoying me, lol. Besides that oh and that 'Junes' jingle, it's great!

Jintor

Got a question. Faced my first battle against a shadow and found its weakness. So once I have found a weakness do I continue attacking its weakness ( using the same persona move on it) until I win, without using any other attack methods?

And what does 'rush' do?
How do I know when a shadow will attack so that I can guard?

Nearly 3 hours in. That chie character's voice is annoying me, lol. Besides that oh and that 'Junes' jingle, it's great!

Rush basically just speeds everything up and makes everyone auto-attack.

Most enemies won't telegraph their moves.

You may as well just keep hitting enemy weaknesses, but bear in mind it won't give you 1 more turn if it's already down.

Top Bottom