• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

I spent a few extra hours in Amagi's castle today trying to beat the
secret boss that gets added after she joins your party, but is actually just a larger model of a regular shadow.
His OHKO even I leveled everyone up to 20 was very frustrating, and I gave up in favor of coming back later with better items.

At least I learned that I can control everyone's moves myself. I thought it was weird I could only control one character in a turn-based game...

Dantis

The AI was the only option in the original Persona 3 and FES. It's where the infamous Mitsuru Marin Karen thing came from.

See, unlike steak, the Marin Karin thing makes sense.

It was every. Damn. Turn. Even worse when she did Mind Charge beforehand.

cjkeats

Does the case have that SMT pentagram thing on it at all? The others did, but Arena didn't.
b1VzY.jpg

Dantis

As good as her stats were and her powers, that's why I stopped using her in FES.

Thankfully with P3P, the MARIN KARIN went away! :D

Haha, I remember that kind of scenario vividly.

It applied to everyone, I think. I remember fighting one of the harder bosses (I don't remember which), I get downed, but have tiny bit of life left. Yukari casts Diarama and I shout "Yukari, you SAVIOUR!".

Then I realise she's casting it on herself.

She was only on half-health.

:(

It applied to everyone, I think. I remember fighting one of the harder bosses (I don't remember which), I get downed, but have tiny bit of life left. Yukari casts Diarama and I shout "Yukari, you SAVIOUR!".

I, for some reason, loved those quirks. It gave the AI personality the somehow worked for the characters themselves. Not only do you have to learn what your team mates are like out of battle, but also, their habits IN battle. The whole play one person thing in P3 was actually quite novel really...I missed the more advanced options in P3P and it was too easy with direct control and I felt the game was missing more than just the cutscenes and the town...

Necrovex

To be fair, you probably pissed her off during a social link. You made her mad enough to want you dead.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
As good as her stats were and her powers, that's why I stopped using her in FES.

Thankfully with P3P, the MARIN KARIN went away! :D

Why would you not have a healing Persona for yourself? I've never had Mitsuru purpose Marin Karin in P3:FES since generally I'm healing myself and letting the AI fend for itself.
If they aren't set to "ALL OUT ASSAULT"/"KNOCK DOWN" modes.

Micromanaging them actually prevents them from doing stupid shit in general, really. I haven't tested that theory in P4, but it should work here. (Unless they removed all out attack-priority)

george_us

Cancelled my Hitman: Absolution pre-order and got this. If only I could erase the memories of playing P4 for the first time.

Dantis

To be fair, you probably pissed her off during a social link. You made her mad enough to want you dead.

I did, as a matter of fact.

As a side note, it would be neat if they tied the S Link level into the core game, and how characters react in battles. Definitely something I'd like to see in P4.

Mr.Fresh

I'm playing P4A I think I might just go with P4. Gonna be traveling for Thanksgiving, gonna be nice to have a RPG on the road with me.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Why would you not have a healing Persona for yourself? I've never had Mitsuru purpose Marin Karin in P3:FES since generally I'm healing myself and letting the AI fend for itself.
If they aren't set to "ALL OUT ASSAULT"/"KNOCK DOWN" modes.

Micromanaging them actually prevents them from doing stupid shit in general, really. I haven't tested that theory in P4, but it should work here. (Unless they removed all out attack-priority)

I.. did. I didn't just rely on my AI, but if it wasn't my turn, how could I heal?

Cancelled my Hitman: Absolution pre-order and got this. If only I could erase the memories of playing P4 for the first time.

Me too man, me too.

Yes, get that sports ball stuff out of here! =P

Hey, I played ball throughout school and intramural ball in college - it really built my diligence and charisma :p

The next Persona game should actually have mini-games attached to the extracurricular activities like sports clubs.

And it's Tom Brady?!

I made some pretty sweet Persona Vita backgrounds to compensate, I'll show it sometime.

pahamrick

Just finished up Persona 3 for the first time, now I'm all set for P4G. My first time playing P4, so I'm looking forward to it!

But damn, that ending for P3.

Ponn

Banned
I guess we're all posting our Persona backgrounds now?

I'm debating. I recently put on my Christmas backgrounds but I have all my P4 backgrounds ready to change out. I would like that Chie lock screen above though if anyone has a link.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm debating. I recently put on my Christmas backgrounds but I have all my P4 backgrounds ready to change out. I would like that Chie lock screen above though if anyone has a link.

I can send it to you through messaging and see if that works. I had to crop it using the Vita itself.

Edit : OK, sent, check yo PSN inbox.

Wind Break

Ice Break

Wind Break

Ice Break

Wind Break

Ice Break.

"Seta-kun, can we have some more Snuff Souls"

"How bout you twits chill in the foyer and I heal."

I, for some reason, loved those quirks. It gave the AI personality the somehow worked for the characters themselves. Not only do you have to learn what your team mates are like out of battle, but also, their habits IN battle. The whole play one person thing in P3 was actually quite novel really...I missed the more advanced options in P3P and it was too easy with direct control and I felt the game was missing more than just the cutscenes and the town...

They're not morons outside of battle, so why should they be IN battle?

vocab

Ill buy it whens its $5. Won't double dip for a game I barely enjoy playing nor can bring my self to get past the 10 hour mark. Seems like a solid port with more stuff which is always a good thing.

Ponn

Banned
I can send it to you through messaging and see if that works. I had to crop it using the Vita itself.

Edit : OK, sent, check yo PSN inbox.

Thanks, I will have to check later, my internet has been down for two days. Supposedly getting fixed tonight. .

iavi

To be fair, if he's waiting until it's $5, I think he'll be waiting forever.

Don't think I've ever seen a MegaTen title drop that low.

The PSP Persona titles on PSN have hit 9.99 and seem to still be on their way down, and FES is already 4.99 on PSN. It's possible.

Roto13

Ill buy it whens its $5. Won't double dip for a game I barely enjoy playing nor can bring my self to get past the 10 hour mark. Seems like a solid port with more stuff which is always a good thing.

Why the hell would you buy a game you don't like?

Top Bottom