• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Cheska

Dale on Destructoid just got my mailing info for my solid gold edition, hopefully it's here this week.

tumblr_lujt4gE9J81qld7n6.gif

Dude, you owned it. Congrats again :D

graywolf323

Same as retail, like every simultaneously launched Vita game.

uh

I'll let someone else tell you you're wrong.

is there anyone on GAF from Aksys or even Ubisoft or Konami that can do it?

I'll still grab it day 1 digitally for $39.99 but was hoping Atlus would follow Aksys in discounting digital games and not XSEED in making them full priced, sadly that means of the more niché focused publishers 3 of the 4 have chosen now not to discount digital Vita games (Atlus, XSEED and NISA)

Ponn

Banned
is there anyone on GAF from Aksys or even Ubisoft or Konami that can do it?

I'll still grab it day 1 digitally for $39.99 but was hoping Atlus would follow Aksys in discounting digital games and not XSEED in making them full priced

I can look through my history but off the top of my head I paid 35.99 for AC:Liberation digitally.

I agree it should definitely be more consistent, really all digital titles should have a discount from physical since publishers are saving money and it should be passed on to promote more sales. I'm just saying there are discounted games out there.

graywolf323

I can look through my history but off the top of my head I paid 35.99 for AC:Liberation digitally.

I agree it should definitely be more consistent, really all digital titles should have a discount from physical since publishers are saving money and it should be passed on to promote more sales. I'm just saying there are discounted games out there.

yep, AC3: Liberation was 10% off on PSN

Astra

Yep, that intro is the work of the devil. How could they replace our lovely original intro with that... monstrosity? All the alternate intros for Persona 3 were great, and one could argue superior to the original.

kiyomi

Never played the original - think I will notice the discrepancy in the new intro? I always loved the FES intros, would watch them most of the time I started the game up.

Astra

Never played the original - think I will notice the discrepancy in the new intro? I always loved the FES intros, would watch them most of the time I started the game up.

I think you can watch the original intro in the extras section? If so, it'll be interesting to hear what you think after watching the new one first, then the original.

I'd also do the same, and always watch the intro when starting up P3 and P4.
I would also listen to the title screen music for Persona 2. So good.

Edit: My credit card was charged for my P4 Premium Edition. Tomorrow can't come soon enough. I don't even care about the Wii U anymore.

kiyomi

I think you can watch the original intro in the extras section? If so, it'll be interesting to hear what you think after watching the new one first, then the original.
Ah okay, that's neat.

I would also listen to the title screen music for Persona 2. So good.
Yessss!

I'm currently playing P2, I have to click 'Load game' so that the intro replaying doesn't interrupt it. Glorious menu music. Glorious.

Educate yoself, son.

Original intro

Travesty.

I love how they just scrapped all the stylishness of the original one and replaced it with herpy derp.
Thanks but no way I'm watching either until I rip open my copy and shove it in the Vita! :p

I'm interested to hear and see the differences though definitely

Educate yoself, son.

Original intro

Travesty.

I love how they just scrapped all the stylishness of the original one and replaced it with herpy derp.

I don't mind the new song, but its definitely some Scooby Doo shit

It's in no way representative of what the game is about outside of the gang consisting of 7 members... and a new girl and... there scooters now.

I wouldn't mind it as a silly B intro, but the original worked too well in explaining the game and giving some hints about the plot. They could have aped the first intro from the anime if they were feeling lazy

Dantis

I don't mind the new song, but its definitely some Scooby Doo shit

It's in no way representative of what the game is about outside of the gang consisting of 7 members... and a new girl and... there scooters now.

I wouldn't mind it as a silly B intro, but the original worked too well in explaining the game and giving some hints about the plot. They could have aped the first intro from the anime if they were feeling lazy

Yep, they really goof'd.

Don't like it at all.

Curufinwe

Discounting the digital version seems like it would increase overall revenue for Atlus because it would incentivize people towards getting it instead of the physical version where the $39.99 gets split up all sorts of ways.

But I still want to get the digital version at $39.99, even if it means waiting till I get a 32 GB memory card.

Saroyan

Got my shipping notice for my solid gold edition from Amazon, prime shipping should have it here tomorrow.
Now hopefully the incredibly incosistent shipping people at Amazon put this in a properly sized cardboard box and not a padded envelope or a box that it barely fits in. I'd rather not have the outer box all crushed and creased up.

Xena

I have only started playing a Persona game (P3P) two weeks ago; it was a gift from a friend. I love it so far (20 hrs in), the game is solid and the storyline is very interesting (though I have to admit that at first that self-pointing of the gun didn't give me a good impression of the game hahaha.)

Now I'm torn, I already made room on my 8gb memory card for P4G coming tomorrow, but I really want to finish what I started... XD

At any rate, I do have a question. Though I love P3P game mechanics, I do find the dungeon very bland. Does P4G's dungeons got more variety at least in terms of design? I know I could just youtube it but I just don't want to spoil myself.

Top Bottom