• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Jintor

40 hours in and I've pretty much internalised it

I will miss "Aha, is this our chance?" though. The original line delivery is amazingly unsuited for the situation and that kind of sticks in your brain.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
40 hours in and I've pretty much internalised it

I will miss "Aha, is this our chance?" though. The original line delivery is amazingly unsuited for the situation and that kind of sticks in your brain.

She still says it, but it's much much better than the original.

Jintor

Wow, since Rise got Relaxing Wave everyone but MC is on full SP half the time

granted I'm just running through the dungeon below me, but still

CSX

oh man the long conversation in early December...seems like Atlus wasnt able to get the same VA to voice a couple of new lines. Thankfully it was just a few lines.

Or maybe its the same VA and he forgot how to do his original voice?

Jintor

Urgh drama

I couldn't ditch Yumi after going through her whole s.link, I just couldn't walk out of that room. She's really awesome now but I get the feeling this is going to bite me in the ass come Valentine's if I decide to go for Rise

Where's my 'lady, i've been jumping in TVs, I can't deal with this right now' break-up option

SteeloDMZ

Banned

What the fuck? Was that Chie's previous VA? I can't imagine her sounding anything other than her P4G voice; it's amazing.
-------

I reloaded my save file yesterday and answered the questions correctly to not get the normal ending. Man, I can't believe you can miss a big chunk of the game just because of those silly dialogue options! I'm 66 hours in and I'm on the snowboarding trip.

rockx4

What the fuck? Was that Chie's previous VA? I can't imagine her sounding anything other than her P4G voice; it's amazing.
-------

I reloaded my save file yesterday and answered the questions correctly to not get the normal ending. Man, I can't believe you can miss a big chunk of the game just because of those silly dialogue options! I'm 66 hours in and I'm on the snowboarding trip.

That doesn't sound very good, but I actually like the new Chie VA. I've had the PS2 game for years but I just never played it, I might pop it in and give it a go to compare.

-------

I youtubed some PS2 footage since I'm at the cultural festival event. Man, the old VA sounds like bad dub from a low budget anime.

The new VA actually puts some emotions in the dialogue.

rockx4

Once you got her boosts to her light and dark attacks, sit back, relax, and hama/mudo all day long

Nope. If same line and same VA, then no new recording.

One of the main reasons I kept Naoto in my main group was for her Megi/Hama/Mudo, makes killing trash so easy. I kept megi on my MC's Norn also, it really helps you burn through all mobs and those magic hands. Chie and Yukiko round out my group, they do so much damage.

Edit: Still had that chie "Aha is this our chance?" looping in the background, so bad lol.

Jintor

So does Yumi count as a GF for the purposes of Valentine's

;__;

/edit whelp looks like I'm either doing a Rise Run next time or going to be a humungeous jerk in this runthrough

rockx4

So does Yumi count as a GF for the purposes of Valentine's

;__;

/edit whelp looks like I'm either doing a Rise Run next time or going to be a humungeous jerk in this runthrough

I ended up doing 3 playthroughs because I didn't want to be a dick lol. I missed a lot of things though, so I would have done multiple playthroughs anyway. Might as well do them "right". On my 4th one now just for some costumes and Chie.

Jintor

I ended up doing 3 playthroughs because I didn't want to be a dick lol. I missed a lot of things though, so I would have done multiple playthroughs anyway. Might as well do them "right". On my 4th one now just for some costumes and Chie.

dat's a lot of playthroughs

I think I'm going to have to be an ass this time through...

rockx4

dat's a lot of playthroughs

I think I'm going to have to be an ass this time through...

I was going to do that also, but then I saw the youtube videos where the guy goes through rejecting like 5 of the girls during the valentine's scene lol. It was horrific, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Jintor

Christ,
Heaven's boss is a tough son of a bitch. Dropping elemental bombs like no tommorrow right off the bat. Any advice?

Christ,
Heaven's boss is a tough son of a bitch. Dropping elemental bombs like no tommorrow right off the bat. Any advice?

Use Makarakarn (the magic reflect) on your party members with weaknesses. While they have the magic barrier up feel free to attack with them. When it gets to the point where he uses Quad Converge the reflected magic attacks do some crazy ass fucking damage to him. My party consisted of Naoto (she has Makarakarn), Yosuke and Kanji. If you have it, cast Marakukaja to keep your party from taking too much damage.

It requires a lot of SP. It might not be a bad idea to do your damage with MC + Naoto until the Quad Converge phase and guard with the other two then switch over

rockx4

Christ,

Basically what toasty said, keep the defense buff up either with the spell or using the diamond shield item. If you have Rise S.link up enough, she has a lot of nice buffs also. When she does that charge and focus, nuke like crazy lol. And always guard when he shifts elements until you find out what element it is. Then cast the same spell at him.

Every single hand is an asshole of the highest magnitude
Pulinpa ! Your party is confused !
Attack ! Chie is down ! 1 more !
Attack ! Yukiko is down ! 1 more !
Attack ! Yosuke is down ! 1 more !
Attack ! Yu is down ! 1 more !
Escape ! Now enjoy beating the shadows left for 100Exp ! *trollface*
Rise : It escaped ! The nerve of that thing ! GEE THANKS I DIDN'T SEE THAT

rockx4

Early on one of the mobs that pissed me off the most were the Monopolizing Cupids. I was already low on money, and they would cast Pulinpa on 2-3 of my party members who would then start throwing money away lol. Pissed me off like crazy.

Jintor

Oh man fox only charged me 3000 yens for healing after like a (real life) day of grinding. Thank you, invigorate + rise's SP recovery ability

Now to see if I can actually truly one-day Heaven

/edit YES GOT THE FUCKER.

Started
Naoto's dungeon
early this morning and he gave me Chie's Bruce Lee outfit, awww yeah

I'm halfway through the dungeon right now, and I just killed the mini-boss
well he used last resort and I blocked, so I guess he killed himself

Ok, last night I beat the game, and the hour had clicked over to midnight. I went to the TV listings and realized that the last channel had a different color on the 0:00 time slot.

Apparently Teddie has been busy...

Just a small Easter egg, and I am not sure if it was related to my beating the game, but it was gone this morning.

Jintor

Reached December. Don't feel like I have a satisfying number of completed social links. Unless...
does the game continue after Dec. 23rd all the way until Feb whatever even if you beat the True Culprit by then? Or will it still go apeshit and jump you right into March?

I think what I want to do is max my remaining stats, beat the dungeon, but
ignore the true true end and go right into NG+ to try and max out as many social links as possible before story stuff crushes me
. It somehow doesn't feel the same right now...

By the way, is there any major differences between the Soccer and Basketball club social links? I assumed they were both of the Strength arcana so they'd just be the same and it didn't really matter which club you joined...

Sophia

Just started playing, although I'm fooling around with the Vita's OS and stuff more... man the screen makes Persona 4 look so gooood. XD

By the way, is there any major differences between the Soccer and Basketball club social links? I assumed they were both of the Strength arcana so they'd just be the same and it didn't really matter which club you joined...

Same arcana, same Personae, different stories.

Jintor

Sweet. You're a bro, Kou, but I'm interested in what Daisuke's got to say next time around

I'll stick with Yumi though. Sorry tiny music girl.

FStop7

Banned
endgame spoilers

I beat Adachi and Ameno-sagiri on the first try... go me. Having Rise's social link at 10 was a huge help with that. So now I'm waiting to go into Marie's dungeon and then hopefully I've done what I need to in order to confront Mr. gas station attendant.

Sophia

That feeling when you die to the tutorial boss, because you're not paying attention to what you're doing.... feelsbadman.jpg

What should I forget?!

77F5585A-2E07-47EC-B235-131ED800BB76-2077-0000026960D8612F.jpg

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, taking a break to try out Uncharted right now (Thanks PS Plus) but I'll probably do Yukiko's castle in one sitting.

PS+ is great if you just picked up a Vita. I already had all three games that they were giving out haha. I did download Wipeout for the hell of it though. I might even grab Hotshots for the 9 bucks it is.

What difficulty did you end up starting on?

Sophia

PS+ is great if you just picked up a Vita. I already had all three games that they were giving out haha. I did download Wipeout for the hell of it though. I might even grab Hotshots for the 9 bucks it is.

What difficulty did you end up starting on?

Hard. Was kinda of a spur of the moment thing because I was showing it to everyone. >.>

Top Bottom