• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Sophia

I'd say Ice Boost. Apt Pupil is kinda nice given Chie's more physical oriented, and you're not really using her ice skills to do damage, just to exploit weaknesses.

rockx4

Yea Ice amp\boost stacks. I use boost and amp on Yukiko, she melts bosses. For Chie get rid of her boost since her ice never gets very high. Also I never use revolution ever, since it ups the crit for mobs also. Divine Grace is pretty useless for Yukiko also when you get the full heal skills.

I'm not looking forward to having to go through this decision making process every time! What should I forget?

Nearer the end of the game, you can go out with your other characters and replace the skills with any old one if you rather have them.

Most of the decisions aren't hard though. They're usually upgrades, and I usually get rid of the buffs since they last not too long.

Nearer the end of the game, you can go out with your other characters and replace the skills with any old one if you rather have them.

Most of the decisions aren't hard though. They're usually upgrades, and I usually get rid of the buffs since they last not too long.

Party-wide buffs are way too useful man.
Revolution + Marakunda + Matarukaja + Mind Charge or Power Chage = Awesome.

Here's another dilemma. I'm trying to make a Setanta with as many skills from Rakshasa as possible (because his physical skills are all pretty rad). What do should I transfer over? I have four open slots:

Brain Shake (effective against those Happy Hands)
Power Charge
Dodge Physical
Counter
Growth 1
Auto-Tarukaja

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Just finished the game now for real. Absolutely incredible game. It's up there with TWEWY and Chrono Trigger as one of my favorite rpgs of all time.

I bought Persona 4 Arena and should be here on Thursday. Can't wait to play it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
*sees Fusion Search*

Oh my god I think I could cry tears of joy right now.....
Fusion is so good now. The only thing that would make it better is if it could pull cards directly from your compendium and you could fuse without going the extra step of getting them out.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Fusion is so good now. The only thing that would make it better is if it could pull cards directly from your compendium and you could fuse without going the extra step of getting them out.

Oh that would be awesome.

Especially when I was fusing
Izanagi-No-Okami

Something tells me I need to be at a higher level than 56 to handle the
Heaven
boss.

A good rule of thumb is to be 10+ levels from the previous boss. But if you're on normal, you might not have that hard of a time, depending on party and which personae you have. Might make it easier if you get to at least 60 or higher though.

Jintor

Yeah, having to fuse pointlessly to replace cards in my hand is a pain. Although I guess it helps me fill my compendium, so...

Sophia

Wow, SOS request and Sweep Bonuses really are broken. Not even past the mini-boss in Yukiko's castle and I can already survive forever.

Slightly offtopic, but does anyone have an awesome Aigis wallpaper for the Vita?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Sooooo...what should I forget for Chie in order to learn Assault Dive?

Skewer
Tarukaja
Bufu
Skull Cracker
Mabufu
Rebellion
Ice Boost
Rampage

Dresden

Sooooo...what should I forget for Chie in order to learn Assault Dive?

Skewer
Tarukaja
Bufu
Skull Cracker
Mabufu
Rebellion
Ice Boost
Rampage

ice boost

she no magic good (although getting rid of skewer is fine too, but eventually you're going to get rid of ice boost anyways)

CSX

I wish someone told me this about Marie (post december spoilers)...
she got no fricking christmas date. I mean she is basically trapped in Velvet Room but come on now. All I get is some weird dreams about her and waiting for her damn dungeon to be opened???!!!

And I been reading about something called a Tri Norn. Sounds interesting :p

And I got a Beezulbub who is immune to everything but physical attacks and has every Ma-____-dyne skill :D

ice boost

she no magic good (although getting rid of skewer is fine too, but eventually you're going to get rid of ice boost anyways)

So, since I got Ice Boost from leveling up her S.Link, does it still show up when leveling her up anyway? Because she's supposed to learn it at a certain level as well, correct?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Regarding Adachi:

did any of you ever suspect the guy? I never did. In fact, I kinda spoiled myself that he's the culprit because I read it somewhere in this thread.

Omikaru

Holy shit,
True Culprit kicking me out of his dungeon if I get tagged is INFURIATING

If you've maxed the Aeon social link, you'll be laughing about that in your next dungeon.

On that note, WHAT THE FUCK!?
Losing 50% of my SP after each battle is fucking BS. I'm half tempted just to avoid fights and power through to chests and the bosses. My whole party is at about lv90, and I'm lv99: am I going to get f'd in the a if I do that?

So, who did everyone spend Christmas Eve with in game? I spent mine with
Yoshitsune
Rise, of course. She's MC's OTP after all. ;)

SteeloDMZ

Banned
If you've maxed the Aeon social link, you'll be laughing about that in your next dungeon.

On that note, WHAT THE FUCK!?
Losing 50% of my SP after each battle is fucking BS. I'm half tempted just to avoid fights and power through to chests and the bosses. I'm at like, lv90, am I going to get f'd in the a if I do that?

Rise, of course. She's MC's OTP after all. ;)

Not really. I never had a trouble with losing SP. Also, if you are at level 90, you'll be more than fine. I beat the boss at 80 and didn't have a problem.

CSX

Regarding Adachi:

did any of you ever suspected the guy? I never did. In fact, I kinda spoiled myself that he's the culprit because I read it somewhere in this thread.

I guess him around or after the Rise dungeon. And when they dished out the clues towards the heaven dungeon, I was thinking that adachi fits alot of this, strengthing my guess. Once it was revealed Nanatame didnt kill the first two victims, it was definite for me.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So, uhh............ which one should I prioritize, Social Links, social attributes, or go back to the dungeon for preparing to rescue people? Gah.

Is Serri a good enough Persona for the MC to faceoff against Yukiko's dungeon boss? Hmmmh.

Sophia

So, uhh............ which one should I prioritize, Social Links, social attributes, or go back to the dungeon for preparing to rescue people? Gah.

Is Serri a good enough Persona for the MC to faceoff against Yukiko's dungeon boss? Hmmmh.

Senri I'm guessing you mean? And yes it's a fantastic Persona providing you gave it Tarunda and/or Red wall. It learns Media too, which makes it great for your Protag to play support and Yosuke to go all out.

Prioritize your social attributes and your main party s.links the most I would say. Social Attributes carry over to further playthroughs so if you are going to go for a max s.link run afterwards, its better to have your attributes maxed the first time through.

As for dungeons, you really only ever have to go in once each time and you can clear the entire dungeon in one day, thats the best way to do it. Yukiko's dungeon is really the hardest because at that time you have the least amount of ways to restore sp, but after hers you can make a persona with invigorate 2 and you'll be golden

Salaadin

Very late game spoilers
is there a mini boss in adachi dungeon? Im currently in the Marie tv world but it lets me port over to Junes TV but I dont see any messages about another boss like i did for the others.

FStop7

Banned
Very late game spoilers
is there a mini boss in adachi dungeon? Im currently in the Marie tv world but it lets me port over to Junes TV but I dont see any messages about another boss like i did for the others.

Yes there is

On another unrelated note -

I think I'll Face Myself from P4 and We Will Prevail from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin are the two best pieces of guitar rock battle music ever put into games.

Omikaru

Ahh, I just saw Jintor on the SOS request thing. First time I've seen a fellow GAF member on it (well, one I can recognise, at least). :D

Jintor

There is one, but it's not that tough. Giant tokyo tower thing

Ahh, I just saw Jintor on the SOS request thing. First time I've seen a fellow GAF member on it. :D

lol wat

SOS isn't limited by dungeon right? that would be pretty dumb, considering how barely used it is as it stands

I really wish fellow party members gained XP at the same rate even when not in use... underlevelled members is probably the only part of old RPGs they kept which I really dislike

Sophia

I really wish fellow party members gained XP at the same rate even when not in use... underlevelled members is probably the only part of old RPGs they kept which I really dislike

It's not really needed. Underleveled party members earn experience significantly faster.

FStop7

Banned
Erm, pretty sure there isn't, unless one was added for Golden.

The door leading to Adachi was locked and I had go jump down through a hole in the floor in the center of the level and then go through a couple of other floors in order to fight a dude who looked like a giant antenna tower. By defeating that guy I was able to unlock the door to the boss fight vs. Adachi.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The door leading to Adachi was locked and I had go jump down through a hole in the floor in the center of the level and then go through a couple of other floors in order to fight a dude who looked like a giant antenna tower. By defeating that guy I was able to unlock the door to the boss fight vs. Adachi.

That's not what he's talking about.

Each dungeon has it's own special boss after you clear it and the person recovers.

Sophia

That's not what he's talking about.

Each dungeon has it's own special boss after you clear it and the person recovers.

There are two mandatory mini-bosses in the dungeon on Floors 3 and 6, there is no optional boss that appears after it tho. I think Salaadin got confused or used the wrong term. He said "Mini-boss" but described an optional boss.

Jintor

what, you can't reflect almighty with a mag reflect?

man, using god hand on an enemy with high counter is like rolling crazy dice

Top Bottom