• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

SmithnCo

Does it have to be raining to catch the river or sea guardians? Finishing the last Fox link is the last important thing I have to do.

Salaadin

There are two mandatory mini-bosses in the dungeon on Floors 3 and 6, there is no optional boss that appears after it tho. I think Salaadin got confused or used the wrong term. He said "Mini-boss" but described an optional boss.
I did use the wrong term. Thanks for the clarificiation.
I meant optional boss :p

Jintor

Oh wunderbar, you can't portal home outside
True Culprit's door, you have to run through the secondary dungeon's floors first
. Lame.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Senri I'm guessing you mean? And yes it's a fantastic Persona providing you gave it Tarunda and/or Red wall. It learns Media too, which makes it great for your Protag to play support and Yosuke to go all out.

Yeah Senri. Redwall...? As in neutralizing fire element attacks? But its already a Null Fire persona...?

Prioritize your social attributes and your main party s.links the most I would say. Social Attributes carry over to further playthroughs so if you are going to go for a max s.link run afterwards, its better to have your attributes maxed the first time through.

As for dungeons, you really only ever have to go in once each time and you can clear the entire dungeon in one day, thats the best way to do it. Yukiko's dungeon is really the hardest because at that time you have the least amount of ways to restore sp, but after hers you can make a persona with invigorate 2 and you'll be golden

I can't do one day only for Yukiko's castle, at least. I think I'm gonna need 3 days. 1st day for leveling up, 2nd day for healing after beating the miniboss on the 5th floor, and finally the last day to try to defeat the boss.

Hey, by the way, if you fail to rescue the kidnapped people the game retreats one week, right? Then if it happens do the game still keeps the progress you make up until you fail or...?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Red Wall is for Chie. If you're using Senri, you're playing a support/healing role and letting Yosuke/Chie do all the offense

Well, the trick is to cast Red Wall on Chie so the enemy doesn't get a free second turn

Hmmmm, it requires a level up or two I guess since IIRC it's not listed on the next skill tab on my Senri (have my Vita but can't whip it out right now to check.) All of my folks are already level 9, don't know if I have the patience to level it up through battles anymore... but increasing fire resistance for Chie would most definitely helpful..... hmmmmmmm..........

Decision, decision............

Sophia

I'm actually farming Personae (and levels in general) to make the aforementioned Senri right now. Got a Slime that's waitin to transfer over Red Wall. :D

TWILT

Banned
Does it have to be raining to catch the river or sea guardians? Finishing the last Fox link is the last important thing I have to do.

I got lucky and caught a Sea Guardian during a cloudy day, though it's obviously easier to get it if it's raining. Saving before you go fishing is probably a good idea.

SmithnCo

I got lucky and caught a Sea Guardian during a cloudy day, though it's obviously easier to get it if it's raining. Saving before you go fishing is probably a good idea.

Thanks, that sounds good. I'll keep some backup saves in case, but I have all of Jan, so hopefully I'll finish it off.

Here's another dilemma. I'm trying to make a Setanta with as many skills from Rakshasa as possible (because his physical skills are all pretty rad). What do should I transfer over? I have four open slots:

Brain Shake (effective against those Happy Hands)
Power Charge
Dodge Physical
Counter
Growth 1
Auto-Tarukaja

Halp! (for a new page)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Here's another dilemma. I'm trying to make a Setanta with as many skills from Rakshasa as possible (because his physical skills are all pretty rad). What do should I transfer over? I have four open slots:

Brain Shake (effective against those Happy Hands)
Power Charge

Dodge Physical
Counter[
Growth 1
Auto-Tarukaja

I'd say those four.

So, Yukiko or Rise?

I am always stuck choosing between those two and I don't want to play playboy MC. Decision decision.......

Chie.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Some people find Rise annoying. Those people are crazy she is adorbs

I like her. But maybe more due to her voice actor than her actual character, hahaha.

just go both, they're progressive girls.

Nah man. This might sound silly since this is just a game, but I just don't do two-timing. I feel uncomfortable doing it, hahaha.

I'm trying to make the same decision. Also I'm involved with the girl at the hospital I work at, lol. But I'm gonna try to end that next time I see her!

Wait the Hospital girl is romanceable? I don't think so, right?

Now see, out of all romanceable characters in P4 I always thought Chie is the weirdest one out (well, her and that petite music club girl.) Her entire vibe screams "friend material" to me for some reason.

Omikaru

February 13th spoiler...

Marie:
I'm tired of moving! Enough with getting up! Good thing there's someone even I can hug!

Ice burn. ;lol

Sophia

Sure, for three turns, then it wears off

Three turns is all you need for a normal battle, and bosses/mini-bosses should have a dedicated party buffer. :p

2012-12-25-2238369nka3.jpg

I love it when hours of time are saved because I can just SELECT what to inherit. <3 Now just to level this guy up and home his ability set. :D

Jintor

Yeah, but if you're going to have a dedicated party buffer anyway, having auto-terukaja taking up a slot is a waste. It's more useful to have something else in there.

Man... this new post-Mandala content is excellent. I think Valentine's Day is hanging over my head like a sword though, lol... stupid emotionally manipulative s.links

Sophia

Yeah, but if you're going to have a dedicated party buffer anyway, having auto-terukaja taking up a slot is a waste. It's more useful to have something else in there.

Not really, if your main attacker has auto-tarukaja, you have the buffer do something else. :p

Jintor

Buffer should have matarukaja or whatever to give it to the whole party. Quarters your casting time!

lol new content souring me on Yumi's voice actress. She's... not feelin' it. Oh well, saving Rise events for NG+ after I good end this sucka

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Auto skills are slot wasters. You can achieve the same thing with a party member casting Tarukaja or Matarukaja at any point of the battle so why bother? Well, maybe for random encounters yeah but even so....

I do admit, it looks *nice* though for a Persona to have all the Auto skills in its skill slots, hahaha.

Sophia

Auto skills are slot wasters. You can achieve the same thing with a party member casting Tarukaja or Matarukaja at any point of the battle so why bother? Well, maybe for random encounters yeah but even so....

I do admit, it looks *nice* though for a Persona to have all the Auto skills in its skill slots, hahaha.

As far as attack goes, Tarukaja is largely a slot water itself once you get can party/auto. Auto is better for random encounters, and in a boss battle the party ones are superior. :\

Now the single target hit/evasion has it's uses, although limited.

Jintor

I find it's rare that you want a single character to have a stat increase, but it's common for an entire party to need it

I gotta say, the new snow music is excellent

Sophia

It helps that it's easier to get Ma-spells on the Personae in question. Thank you Golden for being semi-broken in difficulty.

Single targets/autos are better for random encounters. You rarely need to waste the extra SP for those.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So out of the social stats which one should be prioritized? I am thinking Understanding for Dojima and Nanako and neglect Diligence until last since on the vanilla game its function was primarily just for fishing but maybe on P4G some things have been changed?

So after overlooking it, I just equipped
The Velvet set - Chie is dressed up like Liz and she even does her pose after a battle. I must be 80 because dat cutie pie <3

Oh, and merry xmas!

Jintor

Not really, but you lose a lot of social link days. I got through a large number of things without my party fully social-maxed, which would have been helpful...

Dresden

Because of this debate I still can't decide if I want auto-tarukaja or not!

If you have a Persona that you just clear random battles with, it's not a bad ability. The MC does all the damage anyways and it'll save you that precious first turn so you can grind through mobs faster.

Yuripaw

Banned
Sorry, I just wanted to express that I'm pretty happy. I was gonna be so disappointed if I didn't get anything Persona 4 related for xmas, but my older brother came through for it ^_^

I've already watched most of the series in Japanese, but I'm looking forward to the english cast actually

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So in my situation what would you put in its place?

Couldn't find your previous post except the one with Yukiko's Persona... that's not the one right since I don't remember Yukiko's Persona having any auto skills...

Anyway, as Jintor said, Dodge Physical is a decent replacement. At least it is active the entire battle and not just for 3 turns.

If you have a Persona that you just clear random battles with, it's not a bad ability. The MC does all the damage anyways and it'll save you that precious first turn so you can grind through mobs faster.

Even so that's debatable since all out attack can pretty much clears almost every random battle anyways. But yeah I guess it can be useful...

Think so.

Man, Rise
just ultra evolved her persona and now it looks WHACKED OUT

Wait, is this your first time playing Persona 4?

Omikaru

Sorry, I just wanted to express that I'm pretty happy. I was gonna be so disappointed if I didn't get anything Persona 4 related for xmas, but my older brother came through for it ^_^

I've already watched most of the series in Japanese, but I'm looking forward to the english cast actually

Is that the US edition, or the UK copy that came out yesterday?

I ordered the UK one through Amazon and it shipped yesterday, so I probably won't get my copy until the 28th or 29th, but I thought the cover was different...?

Top Bottom