• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Yuripaw

Banned
Is that the US edition, or the UK copy that came out yesterday?

I ordered the UK one through Amazon and it shipped yesterday, so I probably won't get my copy until the 28th or 29th, but I thought the cover was different...?

It's the US version. It's been out here since September, just haven't had a chance to buy it yet. Part 2 comes out next month in the US actually.

Omikaru

It's the US version. It's been out here since September, just haven't had a chance to buy it yet. Part 2 comes out next month in the US actually.

Ah, okay. I was just curious as the UK cover posted on Amazon is different, but Manga/Kaze have said it may change when it releases.

91meGQZc7qL._AA1500_.jpg

Sophia

Ah, okay. I was just curious as the UK cover posted on Amazon is different, but Manga/Kaze have said it may change when it releases.

Wow, that is several times better than the US one.

"You dreamed you were Chie's parent" ...... okaaaaaaaaaaay. o_o

kewlmyc

Apparently Kanji is going to have a different voice for the second half since Troy Baker is on a honeymoon or something.

Omikaru

Yeah, I think the UK cover is better too. But still, that may not actually be the box art. It was released as a mock box art, but it kind of just stuck and hasn't been updated.

There was also a separate DVD edition cover which I can't find now, but the DVD edition appears to have since been scrapped, and only the Blu-ray/DVD combo is out. Also, unlike the US release, the Blu-ray is dual audio Japanese/English.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't like the name Yu Narukami but I am conflicted since I always use the default name for characters when they are available.

I always use Ryuhei Kojima for all my Persona/SMT games so it's kind of sad to break that tradition... Man how I wish they just stuck with "Hero" in P4Arena.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So after overlooking it, I just equipped
The Velvet set - Chie is dressed up like Liz and she even does her pose after a battle. I must be 80 because dat cutie pie <3

Oh, and merry xmas!

She does this cute little pirouette in the Christmas Costume.

Apparently Kanji is going to have a different voice for the second half since Troy Baker is on a honeymoon or something.

What? That's just stupid if true.

Sophia

Wooow. Shadow Yukiko was too easy. Granted I overprepared with a Senri that could do it all and a ton of Ice Cubes as back up but... At any rate, one-shotted. :D

Sophia

One shotted as in "one try" not "one hit"?

One try of course. I don't have the patience to grind Senri's THAT far for a single attack kill. :p

I wanted to do all of Yukiko's castle in one go, but my patience was running thin after seven hours of playtime with 15 minute breaks here and there, so it took two days so I could recover SP for the boss.

She does this cute little pirouette in the Christmas Costume.

Dude, I know right. I wish I could make gifs... I can only make shitty photoshops :(

Whoa, what the hell? Where did you see this info? Only guy that could do a Troy Baker is Nolan North, maybe. Ugh, that will sound kind of strange.

SmithnCo

Dat feel when you're 99% in the compendium and have no idea what persona you're missing, lol.

Guess it's whatever
Hunger
gets me.

edit: Unless it's nothing in which case I need to scrounge through a list.

Dat feel when you're 99% in the compendium and have no idea what persona you're missing, lol.

Guess it's whatever
Hunger
gets me.

edit: Unless it's nothing in which case I need to scrounge through a list.

There are some that don't show up as ????

You should compare with a FAQ compendium. I had to do it and found out I was missing Alice.

Jintor

Haha, just ran into Kanji and Yukiko just randomly hanging out at the Junes (when i visited with Dojima and Nanako). It's cool that companions are hanging around during the day, but they should really sub-interact even more

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
One try of course. I don't have the patience to grind Senri's THAT far for a single attack kill. :p

I figured, but in my mind "One shot" means "One hit kill". Too much FPS on the brain, or something.

The real crime here is that the blu-ray version doesn't have the JP language option.

Blame the anime companies for that, I think most of the blus don't have the Japanese language option because of "reverse importing", could be bullshit but who knows.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Well, now I really REALLY beat the game. Last boss took me like 45 minutes and I had to use most of the items I had. Incredibly satisfying though!

Jintor

Tomoe gets pretty awesome yeah, and does Yukiko's one, but everybody else's... wow.

Kanji's is okay I guess... Rise's starts alright and gets progressively more idiotic. Teddie's also starts kind of okay and gets nonsensical. Haven't seen Naoto's yet :T

Yosuke's is by far the dumbest

Noi

I need to put in work and get past the maru q dungeon already, I can't let Sophia get past me in 1/4 of the time. :V

Bah, but I do hate grinding...

I need to put in work and get past the maru q dungeon already, I can't let Sophia get past me in 1/4 of the time. :V

Bah, but I do hate grinding...

Easier difficulty multiplies the experience gain if you don't care about difficulty. I think you can switch it back any time.

Jintor

I can't believe I remember all this random bullshit school quiz trivia

These two months of extra time are actually kind of torturous without a deadline hanging over my head and knowing I'm going to whiff the true end for this runthrough

/edit Ski trip anime cutscene: fanservice done right

/edit oh man, their ski gear is awesome

//edit actually, this trip is just out and out great. Now I'm telling them ghost stories and shit

I can't believe I remember all this random bullshit school quiz trivia

These two months of extra time are actually kind of torturous without a deadline hanging over my head and knowing I'm going to whiff the true end for this runthrough

/edit Ski trip anime cutscene: fanservice done right

/edit oh man, their ski gear is awesome

//edit actually, this trip is just out and out great. Now I'm telling them ghost stories and shit

Persona. Teaching useless shit to our youth :).

Jintor

Man, the good ending sure does a good job pretending the true ending doesn't exist. Barely any worries expressed

impossible... to actually... skip unearned... credits...

HERE WE GO! TRUE END RUN ACTIVATE

/edit I wish all of Inaba TV aside from the obvious movies was more like the classroom lectures. The trivia quiz being a massive movie is weird

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Blame the anime companies for that, I think most of the blus don't have the Japanese language option because of "reverse importing", could be bullshit but who knows.

I am definitely one of those reverse importers (in Osaka right now) :)

Once I saw the ridiculous price for the P4 Blurays in my local store and then saw the Amazon.ca prices for them, it was a no brainer even without the Japanese language. I really wanted a Japanese voice option but I'm not gonna complain considering the price I paid for 12 English episodes.

MarkusRJR

God damn it Dojima! Why can't I just put my hand in a TV to prove it to him? There's a TV RIGHT there? FFS this would solve a lot of problems.

Top Bottom