• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can someone explain to me what benefit it is to have a Persona of the same type as the social link you're spending time with? They get exp outside of fusing or something?

Squire

Banned
So I'm about ~12 hours into my NG+ run (71 hrs total) and I started all the job S. Links. They seem really interesting, especially Devil. I love that I've finished this game and it just keeps on giving. I'm at stage 3 of Music Club also and Ayane is growing on me, too. I can already tell I'll have to prioritize the links I wanna finish most like my first playthrough, but I can totally see myself doing a third run with a guide to max every S. Link. This is amazing.

Noi

Can someone explain to me what benefit it is to have a Persona of the same type as the social link you're spending time with? They get exp outside of fusing or something?

S. Links have an invisible point system that determines whether or not you can level up that social link. When you hang out with someone and have a persona of the matching arcana, you get an increased amount of points when choosing favorable dialogue options or just hanging out. It's ignorable for most S. Links early on, but it can make the difference between back to back rank ups or having to hang out for more points in the middle of rank ups in later S. Link levels.

The social link progresses faster.

If you noticed, sometimes when you answer one of the questions you're asked or make a suggestion of some sort, you might see a little jingle of musical notes. When you have an accompanying persona when you do that s.link event you'll gain additional 'points'. Generally it's without = 2 and with = 3 points. Each tier of an s.link requires a certain amount of points. At most it'll be about 5 until the last few levels.

To simplify things, having the right persona makes things go by faster. Answering the questions correctly and getting the jingle makes things go by a lot faster. There are guides with the right answers but that might spoil things for you.

^^^

Aww shit

Dantis

Slightly offtopic, but does anyone have an awesome Aigis wallpaper for the Vita?

YES I DO.

I am just too funny.

So I'm about ~12 hours into my NG+ run (71 hrs total) and I started all the job S. Links. They seem really interesting, especially Devil. I love that I've finished this game and it just keeps on giving. I'm at stage 3 of Music Club also and Ayane is growing on me, too. I can already tell I'll have to prioritize the links I wanna finish most like my first playthrough, but I can totally see myself doing a third run with a guide to max every S. Link. This is amazing.

TOLD YOU SO.

Jintor

Man, going straight to Diadara's and getting an endgame tier weapon to deal with Shadow Chie is the funniest shit

"KNEEL BEFORE ME"
nope.jpg
*attack for 400 damage in first turn, halving her health*

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Here you go, you are alone with the idol of the entire city next to you and she's acting all nervous like. A lot of people would jump into this opportunity but Yu just don't give a damn with all his swag, heh:

g05.jpg

Kazzy

Here you go, you are alone with the idol of the entire city next to you and she's acting all nervous like. A lot of people would jump into this opportunity but Yu just don't give a damn with all his swag, heh:

Swag for days. His reputation precedes him, after all, I did get help in a dungeon yesterday by someone going by the name of "Brotagonist".

Jintor

I should have named my NG+ character Charlie Swagneto. As it was I got attached to the fish-related name I made for my first runthrough. I dropped Gibson as a first name though, that got kind of weird.

Jintor

Man you see so many S-link characters walking to school that I never noticed before. So far, I've seen the Hanged Man, Temperance and Moon walking by, and walked behind both Strength and Sun as they chat about stuff.

I've never seen Kanji though... I assume he's just jigging school for most of the first month or so...

Omikaru

Well, you got a fucking amazing ski trip FMV, so be thankful for that at least!

Oh yeah, the ski trip was amazing. As you said, fanservice done right. But the whole subsequent dungeon and FMV was terrible.

At any rate, I'm on the true ending content now. I'm having all the feels I did back when I played this on PS2. Anxious to get it done, but also sad that this is coming to an end. I think in that respect, P4G has really built up to this moment a lot better than P4 on PS2 did.

Jintor

Man, the first time
Mysterious Fox
shows up at the special headquarters is something special.

I really wish Fox and Marie were integrated more into the main storyline... they don't really seem to exist outside of the social links. At least Fox gets to hang around in dungeons and shit.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

She's like that the entire SL. It's kinda funny when you friendzone her and she's all "OH I have to get back to the inn!" and fucking BOLTS.

Squire

Banned
Man you see so many S-link characters walking to school that I never noticed before. So far, I've seen the Hanged Man, Temperance and Moon walking by, and walked behind both Strength and Sun as they chat about stuff.

I've never seen Kanji though... I assume he's just jigging school for most of the first month or so...

I've been noticing that, too! It's great. Really adds cohesiveness to Inaba.

Unless you bump into them (well, they come running up to you) you never see the main cast going to school. They're designs are so colorful and specific, they'd really stick out.

bigkrev

Feb 13th spoilers...

The post-
Marie dungeon FMV is fucking terrible. No excuse for that inane dogshite.

It's truly awful. Probably the only thing keeping this from the top of my personal GOTY list. Wish the game had a MW2 like thing at the start that just automatically skipped disgusting shit like that

Omikaru

It's truly awful. Probably the only thing keeping this from the top of my personal GOTY list. Wish the game had a MW2 like thing at the start that just automatically skipped disgusting shit like that

Damn straight. Then again, the whole Marie arc was a waste of fucking time. This epilogue had better be worth it, because I hated everything about this arc:

- The dreadful poetry.
- Tsundere characters really fuck me off.
- Shitty dungeon.
- Poorly injected into the plot. They basically define Marie's SL by having the P4 cast meet up with her throughout the link, so that they're supposed to give a crap about her come her stupid crisis. It just feels disjointed and completely unconvincing. I'd have preferred it if they did some jiggery-pokery with the events of the game, and integrated her into the main plot earlier on, and had her more involved with the events of the game rather than creating a bubble that the main characters just jump in and out of in a vapid and uninteresting way.
- Crappy anime FMV containing the worst kinds of fanservice to wrap the arc up.

Ugh. So bad.

SmithnCo

Yeah, I really thought the Marie stuff was just "meh." Her dungeon is boring for the most part too.

I do like the new Adachi stuff though.

Omikaru

Yeah, I really thought the Marie stuff was just "meh." Her dungeon is boring for the most part too.

I do like the new Adachi stuff though.

I skipped the Adachi stuff in order to unlock the epilogue. I only planned on doing his SL on my Max SL playthrough. Maybe I should've given it a look...

SmithnCo

I skipped the Adachi stuff in order to unlock the epilogue. I only planned on doing his SL on my Max SL playthrough. Maybe I should've given it a look...

It's not much really, but I liked the added characterization.

Anyway, just plat'd the game. Excellent.

Sophia

Because poor Aigis is in the background. :3

Still, it does make a mostly excellent Vita wallpaper. I have no artistic skills at all or I'd make a yellow one with her P4A art. >_>;

Also I am playing the game one-handed as I type this. Yay one-handedness.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Still, it does make a mostly excellent Vita wallpaper. I have no artistic skills at all or I'd make a yellow one with her P4A art. >_>;

Also I am playing the game one-handed as I type this. Yay one-handedness.

I don't either, I just cropped one down and it actually came out quite well. The Vita itself allows you to do it, transfer any image via the content manager.

Though making one from scratch? yeah... unless I already had the vector I could at least attempt something half-way decent.

camelpope

Neo Member
Just finished up December, didn't have too much trouble since I started wiping out the hand enemies left and right. Thats made a big difference in this playthrough opposed to when I stopped on the PS2 back in the day.

About the costume sets, do you only need to buy them once and then you get them for everybody? Or do you need to buy every single person's individually?

bigkrev

Damn straight. Then again, the whole Marie arc was a waste of fucking time. This epilogue had better be worth it, because I hated everything about this arc:

- The dreadful poetry.
- Tsundere characters really fuck me off.
- Shitty dungeon.
- Poorly injected into the plot. They basically define Marie's SL by having the P4 cast meet up with her throughout the link, so that they're supposed to give a crap about her come her stupid crisis. It just feels disjointed and completely unconvincing. I'd have preferred it if they did some jiggery-pokery with the events of the game, and integrated her into the main plot earlier on, and had her more involved with the events of the game rather than creating a bubble that the main characters just jump in and out of in a vapid and uninteresting way.
- Crappy anime FMV containing the worst kinds of fanservice to wrap the arc up.

Ugh. So bad.

I actually liked the dungeon- it got me to dig out some really old persona's with low level abilities so I could hit weaknesses while conserving SP. Your right on with the other stuff, although I guess I have more tolerance for Tsundere's than you do.

But I can't stop thinking about the Fanservice part. I'm all for innofensive fan service like
The concert at Junes
, but seriously,
Naked underage girls
is fanservice for the WORST kind of people. All it does is reinforce the negative stereotypes against Anime/Japanese games and the people who like them.

Nightz

This game is super bad for my blood circulation. I like to play it on the toilet, but end up sitting there for 45 minutes to an hour each time. Get up and my legs are dead asleep. So excruciating to get up lol.

This game is super bad for my blood circulation. I like to play it on the toilet, but end up sitting there for 45 minutes to an hour each time. Get up and my legs are dead asleep. So excruciating to get up lol.

I know how that feels, but still, portable gaming while taking a crap is still a plus in my book.

Multitasking ftw!

Sophia

.... how!? At any rate, a 15 minute break/jog every 30 minutes is generally a Good Idea (tm)

Trigger

My bathroom is quiet and comfy. I understand that feeling completely. Get up and finish using the restroom or grind just a little more? It's a real dilemma.

Lombax

Banned
Afternoon PersonaGAF.

I just started playing P4G last night and thus far enjoy it. One really dumb question [because i missed the help tip when it came up] I am at a point where I can help wash dishes at home as a chore, but I can not figure out how to help.
The game prompted me for something I think form the triangle button menu but I missed it.
Any suggestions? I want to help out prior to checking out what is on TV tonight...

thanks.

Sophia

My bathroom is quiet and comfy. I understand that feeling completely. Get up and finish using the restroom or grind just a little more? It's a real dilemma.

Sometimes, guys with video games are almost worse than girls that talk while in the bathroom.... ><;

Trigger

Sometimes, guys with video games are almost worse than girls that talk while in the bathroom.... ><;

I do my best thinking on the toilet. It's a strategical advantage. :p

Afternoon PersonaGAF.

I just started playing P4G last night and thus far enjoy it. One really dumb question [because i missed the help tip when it came up] I am at a point where I can help wash dishes at home as a chore, but I can not figure out how to help.
The game prompted me for something I think form the triangle button menu but I missed it.
Any suggestions? I want to help out prior to checking out what is on TV tonight...

thanks.

Wash dishes? You mean at the pub? You have to talk to Dojima and he'll let you out at night. I'm pretty sure the help tip was giving you advice on something else. Washing the dishes at home isn't an optional daily chore.

Top Bottom