• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Omikaru

Umm about Hardcore Risette. Does it have to be unique dialogue lines?

I did some scribbling, and I don't think 250 is achievable through normal playing.

It is. I got it even though I had a majorly overpowered team, so I never encountered stronger Persona to get Rise to mention them. I think I unlocked it in December.

Dantis

This game is super bad for my blood circulation. I like to play it on the toilet, but end up sitting there for 45 minutes to an hour each time. Get up and my legs are dead asleep. So excruciating to get up lol.

...Wut.

Never understood things like this. Like people who read in the toilet. How long are you spending that you need to whip out a book?

Also, unhygienic.

Ahhh, the epilogue!

Kanji's hair!!!

It's pretty great, right?

Now why I didn't I think of your wallpaper... o_o

:D!

Do you not have Photoshop? If you're using the Arena art, you could whip up a decent wallpaper with relative ease.

Sophia

:D!

Do you not have Photoshop? If you're using the Arena art, you could whip up a decent wallpaper with relative ease.

I don't, and my art skills are terrible. Oh well, this will do for now until I get a more Aigis-centric wallpaper I like. <3

It is. I got it even though I had a majorly overpowered team, so I never encountered stronger Persona to get Rise to mention them. I think I unlocked it in December.

Well this is what I have with an estimation on non-specific lines.

General

~20 lines

Rare Enemy
Escape
Enemy Escape
Congratulations

7 characters

14 lines - Critical Hit x2 per character
14 lines - Low health x2 per character
07 lines - Death x1 per character
07 lines - Knockdown x1 per character

07 lines - Fear x1 per character
07 lines - Confusion x1 per character
07 lines - Poison x1 per character
07 lines - Rage x1 per character
07 lines - Silence x1 per character
07 lines - Exhaustion x1 per character
07 lines - Enervation x1 per character

Analysis x7 elements

02 lines - Unscanned High Level
02 lines - Unscanned Low Level
14 lines - Immune/Repel x2
14 lines - Weakness+High level x2
14 lines - Weakness+Low level

Enemies Left

02 lines - Five x2
02 lines - Four x2
02 lines - Three x2
02 lines - Two x2
02 lines - One x2

Enemies killed

07 lines - 4 killed x1 per character
07 lines - 3 killed x1 per character
07 lines - 2 killed x1 per character
21 lines - 1 killed x3 per character

183 lines so far. Not even remotely close to 250.
Bosses probably have about 20 lines, but since I can't go back to them, I can't be sure.

Omikaru

So, I guess I'm "done" with Persona 4 again. 95 hours to beat. I love this game so much. Gotta hit my backlog again for a bit before I return to the game, but man, what an amazing experience to go through once more.

It's pretty great, right?

Best new addition to P4G. It's nice to see how things have changed from the game, as a result of what you accomplished.

Sophia

<line count>

Bosses probably have about 20 lines, but since I can't go back to them, I can't be sure.

Pretty sure there were more lines than just that. Not that far yet, but even in the original game there were many situations that had multiple lines.

Trigger

snip

Your count doesn't seem to factor in that Rise has more than one line for some instances like high level enemies with a weakness and so forth. Persona games are hard, but they wouldn't implement a trophy that was literally impossible. :p

Your count doesn't seem to factor in that Rise has more than one line for some instances like high level enemies with a weakness and so forth. Persona games are hard, but they wouldn't implement a trophy that was literally impossible. :p

I did. Such events only have 2 lines each per element.

Sophia

2012-12-26-162819l7jte.jpg

Hmmm... I wonder who the most popular P4 female is......

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I think that's the date she asks you to help her study... more like teach her. Plus it's good for SL points and gives you a great boost of knowledge.

Chie is still he best

People have gotten the trophy so there are 250 lines. There's no disputing that. I wish we had a list, but I imagine that would take forever to make.

Yeah, not saying it's impossible. Saying that playing normally will definitely miss it.

I'm having to go out find every enemy to give my party status ailments to pick up those lines. I'm really having to work for it, and I'm not even sure if it's enough.

Having to find a place with a pack of five enemies and getting each party member to kill 4 of them is incredibly difficult.

SmithnCo

Keep in mind all the offense/defense down lines too, that's probably around 20.

But playing normally will definitely miss it, you pretty much have to use every character for a good amount.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I got it when Rise rezzed me after I died.

Keep scanning enemies, every single time, she says different lines for each one. Whether it is weak or not. etc.

^one of the dumbest new things

AFTER USING LIKE FIFTY KEYS IN YUKIKO'S CASTLE I STILL CANT GET A DAMN GENTLEMEN'S TUX FOR THIS DAMN QUEST STOP GIVING ME COMBAT DRESSES, ELEMENT SUPPRESSORS, RABBIT FEET AND ANYTHING ELSE, JUST GIVE ME MY DAMN GENTLEMEN'S TUX

Keep in mind all the offense/defense down lines too, that's probably around 20.

But playing normally will definitely miss it, you pretty much have to use every character for a good amount.

Oh yeah, there's offense, defense, agility. Was there another one?

I didn't actively look to get the trophy, and it just pinged when I was playing the other day. So, you know, you can get it without hunting for it.

Are you playing on Very Hard? Harder difficult makes you grind a lot, so I wouldn't consider it "normal" gaming.

CSX

AFTER USING LIKE FIFTY KEYS IN YUKIKO'S CASTLE I STILL CANT GET A DAMN GENTLEMEN'S TUX FOR THIS DAMN QUEST STOP GIVING ME COMBAT DRESSES, ELEMENT SUPPRESSORS, RABBIT FEET AND ANYTHING ELSE, JUST GIVE ME MY DAMN GENTLEMEN'S TUX

Oh man that sucks. I definitely remember having them before accepting that quest

Omikaru

Are you playing on Very Hard? Harder difficult makes you grind a lot, so I wouldn't consider it "normal" gaming.

Nah, I played on Normal, and found it far too easy. I was always overleveled so I don't think I ever heard Rise talk about strong enemies or whatever. I really wasn't playing in a way that's conducive to getting the trophy, but somehow I did.

So if I want to see the epilogue don't max Adachi?
No, you can max him, but I set his SL aside in favour of maxing out others. The only SL you need to max to get the epilogue is the Aeon arcana (
Marie
).

Dantis

So, I guess I'm "done" with Persona 4 again. 95 hours to beat. I love this game so much. Gotta hit my backlog again for a bit before I return to the game, but man, what an amazing experience to go through once more.

Best new addition to P4G. It's nice to see how things have changed from the game, as a result of what you accomplished.

High five, buddy!

It makes me glad that some people have agreed with me. When I first started posting about it back in July, I generated a lot of anger.

I've put P4G down for the moment too. I'll probably pick it up again in a few months though. Love my Vita.

magawolaz

blargh. Just wasted one hour
trying to beat Teddie's shadow. I KNEW the normal difficulty was too hard - at least for my standards. I should have restarted the game while I still had the chance.
That said, awesome game. It's my first time playing Persona 4, really liking it so far.

High five, buddy!

It makes me glad that some people have agreed with me. When I first started posting about it back in July, I generated a lot of anger.

I've put P4G down for the moment too. I'll probably pick it up again in a few months though. Love my Vita.

Oh yes, that anger you generated. Some people just cant understand that their favorite games are just not flawless.

Omikaru

High five, buddy!

I think most of the extras in P4G were either good or harmless. The beach scene was relatively harmless, the ski trip was actually quite good. I know you got a lot of stick for your complaints, but I think a lot of people seemed to think you were concentrating purely on the negatives. There was also a lot of damn good additions that make this the definitive version of the game.

I think the only real substantial bad bit added to the game was anything involving Marie. Even if her concept was rock solid, her social link and the bonus dungeon felt more like an unwanted appendage than an integrated part of the whole; I wish they'd put a bit more effort into it, if I'm honest. Though the epilogue makes trudging through those bits worth it. It was so nice to get that extra scene at the end, and I actually feel it adds a bit more closure to the characters and Inaba than the ending on the PS2 version did. In some ways that kind of destroys the effect of P4's ending, but I think it builds something positive on top of it and was largely faithful to the main story. It in no way muddies up what the ending was in a negative way, like The Answer did in P3 FES.

Yuripaw

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF_KM0HbH_A

This is cool to see after all this time, he still likes the game. Jeff from giantbomb put up his list of top 10 games of 2012, and he admits that while he hasn't really played the Golden version, he can't call it his #1 game of 2012, but it's listed as his #1a because people should play Persona 4, so it's his other #1 game of 2012. Persona 4 Arena was also his #8 game.

I think most of the extras in P4G were either good or harmless. The beach scene was relatively harmless, the ski trip was actually quite good. I know you got a lot of stick for your complaints, but I think a lot of people seemed to think you were concentrating purely on the negatives. There was also a lot of damn good additions that make this the definitive version of the game.

I think the only real substantial bad bit added to the game was anything involving Marie, though the epilogue makes trudging through those bits worth it. It was so nice to get that extra scene at the end, and I actually feel it adds a bit more closure to the characters and Inaba than the ending on the PS2 version did. In some ways that kind of destroys the effect of P4's ending, but I think it builds something positive on top of it and was largely faithful to the main story. It in no way muddies up what the ending was in a negative way, like The Answer did in P3 FES.
speaking of controversial opinion, I felt the answer was closer to what persona should have been than the journey a few years ago in my opinion. No dating crap. Of course over the years, my opinion shifted, but I still had a great time with The Answer.

Trigger

speaking of controversial opinion, I felt the answer was closer to what persona should have been than the journey a few years ago in my opinion. No dating crap. Of course over the years, my opinion shifted, but I still had a great time with The Answer.

If they ever re-did Persona 1 or 2, I'd want it to play like the Answer. The format wasn't bad at all; just some issues with the story.

Omikaru

I think The Answer belaboured all the points that were pretty apparent if you'd read between the lines of P3's ending. I don't really think it was all that necessary, and the fact that they made the difficulty punishing goes against the whole idea that the story can be enjoyed by anyone. It wasn't really an issue for me, since I can handle Persona's gameplay systems, but I thought the whole segment went against what Persona 3 was. And I still find it tragic that Persona 3 needed an extra chapter to explain its wonderfully crafted ending scenes.

Sophia

Chie's new actor has grown on me. It sounded off at first because I remember everything up to Yukiko's Castle almost by heart, but now it seems natural.

I do really enjoy The Answer myself, but I wish you could select the difficulty on it.

I think The Answer belaboured all the points that were pretty apparent if you'd read between the lines of P3's ending. I don't really think it was all that necessary, and the fact that they made the difficulty punishing goes against the whole idea that the story can be enjoyed by anyone. It wasn't really an issue for me, since I can handle Persona's gameplay systems, but I thought the whole segment went against what Persona 3 was. And I still find it tragic that Persona 3 needed an extra chapter to explain its wonderfully crafted ending scenes.

A lot of it's stuff that could have been better integrated into the main game itself. I'm kinda hoping the Persona 3 movie does just that. Given as the original version of FES was an append disc, I suspect there was only so much they could add to the main game.

Wow that sucks. I found it randomly when clearing the castle the second time through - can't remember the floor I was on. Still, it was nice to accept and complete the quest in one go as I already had it in my possession when I undertook the quest.

Dantis

I think the only real substantial bad bit added to the game was anything involving Marie. Even if her concept was rock solid, her social link and the bonus dungeon felt more like an unwanted appendage than an integrated part of the whole; I wish they'd put a bit more effort into it, if I'm honest. Though the epilogue makes trudging through those bits worth it. It was so nice to get that extra scene at the end, and I actually feel it adds a bit more closure to the characters and Inaba than the ending on the PS2 version did. In some ways that kind of destroys the effect of P4's ending, but I think it builds something positive on top of it and was largely faithful to the main story. It in no way muddies up what the ending was in a negative way, like The Answer did in P3 FES.

I agree with everything you've just said. The parts I actively disliked were the new dungeon and the pervy fan-service stuff. The ski trip I enjoyed, and the first bike trip I enjoyed. Everything else I consider insignificant.

I agree with everything you've just said. The parts I actively disliked were the new dungeon and the pervy fan-service stuff. The ski trip I enjoyed, and the first bike trip I enjoyed. Everything else I consider insignificant.

Didn't Atlus say they never wanted to make an upgraded version on the calibur of P3FES, to not alienate fans who bought the original. These new things are nice additions, but not crucial things as to not alienate people who bought the origin-GIVE ME A DAMN GENTLEMAN'S TUX GAME

Tiu Neo

Status reduction, one line for each status, each character. Also, I'm pretty sure the S. Link abilities lines count too, even if some are very similar to the analysis lines. I got the trophy and didn't hear a lot of ailments and status reduction.

The best one :D

Rise was pretty popular when I played too.

Dantis

Didn't Atlus say they never wanted to make an upgraded version on the calibur of P3FES, to not alienate fans who bought the original. These new things are nice additions, but not crucial things as to not alienate people who bought the origin-GIVE ME A DAMN GENTLEMAN'S TUX GAME

This is true.

Also, does anyone know if the original credits sequence plays if you don't get the epilogue? As a first-run ending, I feel that it's much stronger.

camelpope

Neo Member
I really don't even remember what made me stop playing the PS2 version. I was all the way to the hospital in late game and then..I just stopped.

Sophia

I'm not sure if they actually said that. That said I prefer gameplay additions like they did in P4G, and alternative stories like they did with P3P.

Also, it's kinda impressive how much new texture work they did for this port. I'm watching the Kanji stakeout scene and comparing it with the original, and they've redone the backgrounds, redone all the trees, and increased the texture resolution on everything

Jintor

This is true.

Also, does anyone know if the original credits sequence plays if you don't get the epilogue? As a first-run ending, I feel that it's much stronger.

Yes, it does. I good ended skipping the true dungeon because i hadn't S-linked enough by December, so I got the okay ending. Same credits as the endurance run, so I assume that's the original credits sequence.

Top Bottom