• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Heck, they keep the names of Japanese foods and various things like kotatsu untranslated in the game. There's even one time where they have actual kanji (Japanese characters :p) in the game during one of the tests.
I loved how brazen that was, basically saying "use a faq for this if you care."

I did feel smart for getting the optional questions about Japanese dishes correct, and I'm a big Murakami fan so I was able to answer that question with confidence.

So if P4 had a female MC, how incredible would it be (massive spoilers)
...if the new dungeon was a result of romancing Adachi, only to have him to get freaky deaky and call you a bitch and push you into the tv. You're by yourself until your friends come and rescue you (for the boss). You'd get to see what your deepest fear and shadow is. I know it would keep the MC from being a blank slate, but between the repeated playthroughs of the male MC, P4A and the anime, you can work something into her being afraid of friendships drifting apart or not being able to protect people. Also a female protagonist would be awesome for DAT big sister chemistry with Nanako.

Dresden

Only if you could play an older woman and pretend Adachi was your son.

But man, a romance ending with Adachi would be amazingly hilarious. Either you
run off with him as an accomplice like one of those crazy women who dates serial killers in real life, or you end up visiting him in jail for conjugal visits
. lol

Oh wow, just thinking about what Adachi is like at the end of the game would make it even MORE hilarious, since
he's a terrible "nice guy" misogynist, so having him fall in love with you would say more about the shittiness of your character more than anything else. lol

God, no FeMC is such a missed opportunity!
I know right, so many opportunities lost. Fucking Scamtlus.

e:

There should totally be a Kanji romance where
the FemC dresses up as a man, since his character post-OG P4 release is about him being/not being GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
anyways. Imagine the roffles.

Regarding K-onsona!, besides the whole wasted days and on a damn holiday!, I guess it has some relevance
as Nametame does make an appearance that he does reference later about how he wanted to speak to the ones he "saved" and such. Of course, considering how often the group hangs out together, there is a bunch of random Junes food court scenes they could have tossed in a random Nametame walk-by and it'll still work.

So, K-onsona! is still a waste of time. :E

Jintor

Heck, they keep the names of Japanese foods and various things like kotatsu untranslated in the game. There's even one time where they have actual kanji (Japanese characters :p) in the game during one of the tests.

A lot of the quiz questions are Japan-centric too, not to mention the receipies. Bento, anyone?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I loved how brazen that was, basically saying "use a faq for this if you care."

I did feel smart for getting the optional questions about Japanese dishes correct, and I'm a big Murakami fan so I was able to answer that question with confidence.

So if P4 had a female MC, how incredible would it be (massive spoilers)
...if the new dungeon was a result of romancing Adachi, only to have him to get freaky deaky and call you a bitch and push you into the tv. You're by yourself until your friends come and rescue you (for the boss). You'd get to see what your deepest fear and shadow is. I know it would keep the MC from being a blank slate, but between the repeated playthroughs of the male MC, P4A and the anime, you can work something into her being afraid of friendships drifting apart or not being able to protect people. Also a female protagonist would be awesome for DAT big sister chemistry with Nanako.
I've mostly written off the anime because it was so terrible, I think they actually did something like this with the protagonist in the anime. I can't remember if he actually fights his own shadow or not though...

I think they'd need to rewrite the game though, to make up for the blank slate and boring male character but that would be an amazing ending. In fact, it would make the consequences for developing a harem actually real - imagine if
the section you described only happens if you romance Adachi and one of the other guys (I heart Kanji)
?

Man... it would have been great. lol

I know right, so many opportunities lost. Fucking Scamtlus.
P5 better deliver. :(

Regarding K-onsona!, besides the whole wasted days and on a damn holiday!, I guess it has some relevance
as Nametame does make an appearance that he does reference later about how he wanted to speak to the ones he "saved" and such. Of course, considering how often the group hangs out together, there is a bunch of random Junes food court scenes they could have tossed in a random Nametame walk-by and it'll still work.

So, K-onsona! is still a waste of time. :E
Well, the difference is that since it was an
advertised event, he would have known that they were all there at the same time. I thought it worked in well, even though they try WAY too hard to make it obvious that he's there... to the point where they have Yosuke tell you TWICE that he's there. lol

A lot of the quiz questions are Japan-centric too, not to mention the receipies. Bento, anyone?
Oh yes!

There should totally be a Kanji romance where
the FemC dresses up as a man, since his character post-OG P4 release is about him being/not being GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
anyways. Imagine the roffles.
I honestly think a FeMC would get very tricky with that interaction. It would be really hard to do unless they take some ambiguity away, or really disappointing if it progressed exactly the same as the male route.

Maybe when an inevitable Persona 4DS comes out for the 4DS in seven years, they'll get around to it. Bonus points if they just go for it and
let the male MC romance Kanji

I've mostly written off the anime because it was so terrible, I think they actually did something like this with the protagonist in the anime. I can't remember if he actually fights his own shadow or not though...
Yeah, the anime was pretty clever in that it worked out a way to have a hallucinatory "bad end" at one point.

I think they'd need to rewrite the game though, to make up for the blank slate and boring male character but that would be an amazing ending. In fact, it would make the consequences for developing a harem actually real - imagine if
the section you described only happens if you romance Adachi and one of the other guys (I heart Kanji)
?
GOD, these feelings... that potential. I now know why people write fanfic.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I honestly think a FeMC would get very tricky with that interaction. It would be really hard to do unless they take some ambiguity away, or really disappointing if it progressed exactly the same as the male route.

Maybe when an inevitable Persona 4DS comes out for the 4DS in seven years, they'll get around to it. Bonus points if they just go for it and
let the male MC romance him

He's
not gay though
. At least, based on the information they give us anyway.

Now if they had the balls to actually
do a character who is gay but closeted instead of just being a guy who likes to sew
, that'd be a different story.

Even the
trans
stuff with Naoto was a bit weak at the end, especially in the romance.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
99% of people will just romance Yosuke
How would you rewrite that? Instead of being
jealous
, he feels freaked out because he realizes that his
feelings for Saki were fake
?

C'mon, man.

It's clearly Yuko.
Yuuuuko. Damn, you're right.

Then again, with Yukiko around you're kind of stuck.

Charleen Tunoku
You mean "Char"?
(Only animegaf would understand... lol)

Dresden

How would you rewrite that? Instead of being
jealous
, he feels freaked out because he realizes that his
feelings for Saki were fake
?
Seems simple enough to me. The FemC will get him to move on
from Saki's death with her healing breasts.

I feel bad that all I can think about are the possibly amusing relationship quibbles. Imagine if the Strength slink turns into a love triangle involving the FemC, Ballguy, and the other dude.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Seems simple enough to me. The FemC will get him to move on
from Saki's death with her healing breasts.

I feel bad that all I can think about are the possibly amusing relationship quibbles. Imagine if the Strength slink turns into a love triangle involving the FemC, Ballguy, and the other dude.
Hahahahaha.

Well, with Daisuke (soccer bro), his whole hang up is with women so that'd be funny. Then again, you'd have to replace Ai because they'd force you to be the manager of the team.

Unless they just invent a whole new sports s-link activity like they did with P3P.

Also, the Tower romance would be like the shota-con romance in P3P. lol

God, imagine all the trip events, but FeMC would be hanging out with the girls instead of the guys. You'd be the only person who could prevent Yukiko poisoning everyone.

They'd have to figure out some sort of trickery, but Rise would make for the perfect romantic rival to whoever you date.

Dojima could be even more awkward with how he tries to interact with you.

Baller yukata costume for dungeons.

The hospital job would be weird.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
God, imagine all the trip events, but FeMC would be hanging out with the girls instead of the guys. You'd be the only person who could prevent Yukiko poisoning everyone.

They'd have to figure out some sort of trickery, but Rise would make for the perfect romantic rival to whoever you date.

Dojima could be even more awkward with how to interact with you.

Baller yukata costume for dungeons.

The hospital job would be weird.

Rise would be kind of easy in that maybe "you" could be the next Kanamin. The S-link ends with you being friendly rivals, Idolm@ster style.

The Devil link could be reworked so that she talks to you about seducing older men/doctors.

There are a lot of fun things they could do. I still remember how they re-worked the bathhouse scene in P3P, so they could have done the same thing with the similar scene in this game. lol

Fuck, this IS fanfiction now. lol

Jintor

Rise would be kind of easy in that maybe "you" could be the next Kanamin. The S-link ends with you being friendly rivals, Idolm@ster style.

The Devil link could be reworked so that she talks to you about seducing older men/doctors.

There are a lot of fun things they could do. I still remember how they re-worked the bathhouse scene in P3P, so they could have done the same thing with the similar scene in this game. lol

fanfiction, or atlus is gonna swoop in and hire us? I'm betting on the latter.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they had a female MC, she'd have to suck at cooking too. All women on the investigation team have to suck at cooking.

Dresden

The Devil s.link would totally be about the nurse feeling threatened by your youth and teen hotness.

Rise as a rival for... what? I guess since half her character is basically crushing on the MC, once that's gone there isn't all that much left. Either she goes bi or it's just about her idol angst.

Even without the whole romancing-dudes aspect of FemC, just removing all the weird harem pokemon-aspects from any social link involving girls currently would be nice.
2late4sona

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Devil s.link would totally be about the nurse feeling threatened by your youth and teen hotness.

Rise as a rival for... what? I guess since half her character is basically crushing on the MC, once that's gone there isn't all that much left. Either she goes bi or it's just about her idol angst.

Even without the whole romancing-dudes aspect of FemC, just removing all the weird harem pokemon-aspects from any social link involving girls currently would be nice.
2late4sona

The latter half of Rise's link is
her being jealous of a new girl taking her spot and regretting quitting showbiz. They could just replace that with her manager scouting you and offering movie roles to you or something

Well, there are some consequences for the harem in P4G apparently, so that's something. It'd be interesting to change all the dynamics so that the girls don't automatically want to climb into bed with you because you talked to them 10 times. lol
Yosuke is the only one who is willing to eat them because he's got a crush.
Or you force it down Teddie's throat

also Devil link would just be replaced with a creepy, rich business guy

It actually reverses the S-link of whoever you choose? :p

SAYS YOU.

Teddie x FeMC OTP 5ever.

Might as well gender-swap all the extraneous s-links. Make the drama club a dude going through pretty rough times, or figure out an appropriately terrifying male-version of the music girl.

also Devil link would just be replaced with a creepy, rich business guy
The reality of gender politics makes that 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times creepier. Devil indeed.

Jintor

There's no mechanic consequences for cheating in P4, but your heart will probably be torn asunder if you're juggling 3 or 4 girls and you actually give a damn about them.

I think the only other thing it really interacts with is Ai's SL?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The reality of gender politics makes that 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times creepier. Devil indeed.

found him
tumblr_luf3965uJV1qb9hf4.jpg

SAYS YOU.

Might as well gender-swap all the extraneous s-links. Make the drama club a dude going through pretty rough times, or figure out an appropriately terrifying male-version of the music girl.

So we could get a Glee member for drama and we already have a shouta so I guess a trap could work for band?

What could you replace Moon with though? We already have enough bishounens.

I guess they might have to rework Death, but I would want her to stay the same.

Dresden

Half the fun in having another perspective is seeing the same characters in a new light, tho. Although it'd be funny if the game just outright gave you a choice on every NPC being male or female. P4 Platinum would just have a no-boys mode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Half the fun in having another perspective is seeing the same characters in a new light, tho. Although it'd be funny if the game just outright gave you a choice on every NPC being male or female. P4 Platinum would just have a no-boys mode.
Well, they probably would rework some of the S-links entirely like they did with P3P.

Although, I still think it would have been hilarious if the female version of Hermit in P3P was still your homeroom teacher. lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yes but the biggest factor would be the attack strength of the actual equipped weapon.

The persona's strength is the main factor of how strong their physical skills are.

Sounds good, so since I've got Thoth who's lightning and heavy MA, should I try to have Kanji focus more on physical attacks than lightning?

CSX

Sounds good, so since I've got Thoth who's lightning and heavy MA, should I try to have Kanji focus more on physical attacks than lightning?

I personally keep one lighting attack just to hit weaknesses. Main problem about kanji is that his physical attacks only hit one enemy.

Top Bottom