• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Squire

Banned
The day I saw it was also the day that FedEx sent me my insane customs bill. I was already pretty peeved, saw that and wanted to smash my cartridge.

Haha. Ah, that's a sad story.

On a serious note, I do wonder whether P5 will be darker like P3 or keep the lighter tone from P4. There's a certain momentum they can automatically gain with the latter given P4's success and I'd certainly want that tone myself (I think the high highs makes the lowest lows even lower.) But I also hope they don't lean too far in the anime direction. The game is smart and the character work is fantastic. They can't lose that stuff.

And they probably won't. Square's failings have traumatized me this generation. Feel free to ignore me/call me crazy.

It's just... With P4, it's like I can love again. I don't wanna get burned :(

Concert is a highlight of the game.

You're right on the money, John ;)

Dantis

Concert is a highlight of the game.

My hope is that Persona 5 revolves around an idol group, rather than a group of students.

Turn based combat is outdated now, it's all about dance battles.

Rather than demons, Personas take the form of different outfits. Latex and revealing, of course!

S Links will revolve around interactions with the fans as well as the members of the group. Be careful about getting a boyfriend though, that's frowned upon within the industry!

Returning characters will include Labrys as a party member, and Mitsuru as the manager/navigator. Naoto (Now an idol) will make a cameo where she saves your group in an epic dance off. Celebration takes the form of a steamy bath scene!

It will be great.

Jintor

Was surprised you guys didn't get a sempai of your own to chill with. A mitsuru or something, I don't know.

I really gotta play Persona 3. What's the best way to do this

Dantis

On a serious note, I do wonder whether P5 will be darker like P3 or keep the lighter tone from P4. There's a certain momentum they can automatically gain with the latter given P4's success and I'd certainly want that tone myself (I think the high highs makes the lowest lows even lower.) But I also hope they don't lean too far in the anime direction. The game is smart and the character work is fantastic. They can't lose that stuff.

And they probably won't. Square's failings have traumatized me this generation. Feel free to ignore me/call me crazy.

It's just... With P4, it's like I can love again. I don't wanna get burned :(

Yup. I really wouldn't want any more anime influence than we see in vanilla P4.

I trust Hashino and crew though. They know what they're doing.

Squire

Banned
I trust Hashino and crew though. They know what they're doing.

Agreed.

Was surprised you guys didn't get a sempai of your own to chill with. A mitsuru or something, I don't know.

When they first designed Kanji he was actually older than the core cast.

KyoAni confirmed to officially be working on Persona 5 OVA, Dantis in shock therapy

It's funny you say them, considering how much Haruhi subverts genre cliches itself (although to a much lesser degree.)

Jintor

Man, that would have blown. Kanji is much funnier as a tougher, but still slightly uh... what's the word? Kohai? Like, he still has this reverence for the 2nd-graders. If he was their senpai in turn, it has this air of authority which would just reinforce his character stereotype instead of subverting it.

Squire

Banned
Man, that would have blown. Kanji is much funnier as a tougher, but still slightly uh... what's the word? Kohai? Like, he still has this reverence for the 2nd-graders. If he was their senpai in turn, it has this air of authority which would just reinforce his character stereotype instead of subverting it.

I imagine that's why they changed it, haha.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
My hope is that Persona 5 revolves around an idol group, rather than a group of students.

Turn based combat is outdated now, it's all about dance battles.

Rather than demons, Personas take the form of different outfits. Latex and revealing, of course!

S Links will revolve around interactions with the fans as well as the members of the group. Be careful about getting a boyfriend though, that's frowned upon within the industry!

Returning characters will include Labrys as a party member, and Mitsuru as the manager/navigator. Naoto (Now an idol) will make a cameo where she saves your group in an epic dance off. Celebration takes the form of a steamy bath scene!

It will be great.

Personam@ster

Jintor

lol, so to activate the strength weekend event on the 17th of july, you need to be at home on the 15th and go to your room, but I spent the night out... blah. Rewind two weeks...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
lol, so to activate the strength weekend event on the 17th of july, you need to be at home on the 15th and go to your room, but I spent the night out... blah. Rewind two weeks...

My God is that picky or what. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO DIFFICULT ;_;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
These rank 9 s-links weren't fully voiced before right? Yosuke's is really touching.
Yeah, all the Investigation Team ones are voiced. I can't remember if the other ones were voiced, but I don't think so.

---

Random question - are Hama/Mudo boost worth keeping on Naoto?

Yeah, not saying it's impossible. Saying that playing normally will definitely miss it.

I'm having to go out find every enemy to give my party status ailments to pick up those lines. I'm really having to work for it, and I'm not even sure if it's enough.

Having to find a place with a pack of five enemies and getting each party member to kill 4 of them is incredibly difficult.
I played the game normally and got it... I didn't get it until I was in Marie's dungeon, but I got it... I wasn't trying to get it or checking a walkthrough or anything... (how would that even work?). Marie's dungeon was good for the status ailment lines I think - I kept getting hit by a bunch of them...

P4 is such an instant classic that I almost feel like it's all downhill from here. I suspect P5 will be freaking great, but from here on out I bet we'll be comparing every entry to P4 and finding they come up short, particularly as time goes on and Persona 4's status reaches mythical proportions :p

Yeah, all the Investigation Team ones are voiced. I can't remember if the other ones were voiced, but I don't think so.

---

Random question - are Hama/Mudo boost worth keeping on Naoto?

Hell yeah, Sun and Moon are fully voiced at the end as well as dating events too. Who is Apple's voice actor?

As for the Hama/Mudo boost - I never kept them because I only used those spells when it was a weakness for the enemy. Having the boosts around would have been a waste of space for my Naoto build.

Speaking of Naoto
the way she texts you is awesome, Christmas time was cool, got the outfit, and "the watch said 1m". I like Naoto so much in this version that she has replaced Yosuke on the team :)

Salaadin

Kanji has an S Link? Howd I miss that? He never had the "!" over his head so I never bothered talking to him.
NOOOO Im sorry, Kanji!

P4 is such an instant classic that I almost feel like it's all downhill from here. I suspect P5 will be freaking great, but from here on out I bet we'll be comparing every entry to P4 and finding they come up short, particularly as time goes on and Persona 4's status reaches mythical proportions :p

Persona 4 is not without its allegations made on information or belief. I'll be here to fairly identify appeals on both sides. A claim or assertion that either game has or will do something wrong will be a focus many of my discussions.

Furthermore, persons who were personally present at a transaction that forms the basis of Persona 4's problems will be questioned... especially all you people that dated Apple :p

Kanji has an S Link? Howd I miss that? He never had the "!" over his head so I never bothered talking to him.
NOOOO Im sorry, Kanji!

Yeah, it starts with a girl that appears on the 2F stairs in June, IIRC.

Agreed.

When they first designed Kanji he was actually older than the core cast.

It's funny you say them, considering how much Haruhi subverts genre cliches itself (although to a much lesser degree.)

Actually most of the core cast was designed to be older. Yosuke didnt even come around until they changed most of the cast to high schoolers.

20121227084138.jpg

20121227084159.jpg

The Magician is beyond ridiculous.

Meatvillain, I compare every Persona's story and cast to Persona 2's, none of which can match it as of yet. Persona 4 got close with the cast, story still falls short though.

Salaadin

Yeah, it starts with a girl that appears on the 2F stairs in June, IIRC.

Kinda like Naotos
starting with the shady guy in the shopping distrcit?
Ill have to save that for a second play through. I loved Kanji.

There are a few S Links that I never got to finish because of poor time management. Nanako is only R9, Dojima is only R8, Yumi is only R7. Ill get them in New Game +.

Lombax

Banned
2012_12_26_221017.jpg

I took this screenshot last night, and figured I would post it in case anyone wanted a cool start screen image for the vita.

game is awesome.

Kinda like Naotos
starting with the shady guy in the shopping distrcit?
Ill have to save that for a second play through. I loved Kanji.

There are a few S Links that I never got to finish because of poor time management. Nanako is only R9, Dojima is only R8, Yumi is only R7. Ill get them in New Game +.

Right! Oh, if you are going for the trophy in NG+, keep in mind that most of the strategy involves 1-daying dungeons and utilizing night-time events/slips.

Chrishanson.jpg

Hehe, oh jello, go Jags!
huehuehue :p

2012_12_26_221017.jpg

I took this screenshot last night, and figured I would post it in case anyone wanted a cool start screen image for the vita.

game is awesome.

Who's that girl on the left? She looks cool and tough.

Tiu Neo

Finally started my NG+.
and noticed the siblings that where fighting over something on the fridge, when you explore the shopping district for the first time, where Saki and her brother. Mind blown.

Trigger

Finally atarted my NG+.
and noticed the siblings that where fighting over something on the fridge, when you explore the shopping district for the first time, where Saki and her brother. Mind blown.

lol, there are lots of moments like that. It's surprising.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Post #10,000 WALL OF SHAME

• buddha0991 648
  • Trigger 639
  • Dantis 534
  • jello44 307
  • we.are.the.armada 271
  • Sophia 254
  • Venfayth 243
  • Inorigo 208
  • Wuthering_Heights 185
  • Crewnh 157
  • Jintor 154

Omikaru

Post #10,000 WALL OF SHAME

• buddha0991 648
  • Trigger 639
  • Dantis 534
  • jello44 307
  • we.are.the.armada 271
  • Sophia 254
  • Venfayth 243
  • Inorigo 208
  • Wuthering_Heights 185
  • Crewnh 157
  • Jintor 154

Bah, I'm only 16th. This will have to change by post 20,000 wall of shame... :D

Salaadin

Just a heads up for anyone interested, the Yukiko action figure is 37% off at AmiAmi.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...keywords=figma$pagemax=100$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

I dont know why anyone would want an action figure of an inferior love interest but to each their own.

omg poor MC in February xD

dat Marie moving chocolate + Nanako homemade chocolate combo lolol

Nanako was amazing during that scene. I laughed so hard

Top Bottom