• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

I actually like the idea of out-of-party characters assisting in battles, but I think the execution in P4G was a bit haphazard.

BoF4 had it so that characters would step in to assist you in battles (For example, Ershin would jump in and shout "Ershin will assist you!" and attack your opponents, whilst Nina might cure you). I'd love for P5 to give it another go.
Would loved it if at the final battle
all party characters rushed to save you from the death attack not just current party members

Trigger

Wait naoto gets out a mac-10 for her bike attack???!!!

Dammit Kanji why you had to keep on stealing her spotlight just so you can slam your bike on the ground (and miraculously not have it snap in half)

I assumed it was a pistol, but the rate of fire and the spray of bullets make it look she's indeed got a Mac-10. Badass.

Sophia

Post #10,000 WALL OF SHAME

• Sophia 254

Feels like I posted more in this thread, but I guess not considering I didn't have the game for so long

Loving how often the twin attack for Yukiko and Chie triggers tho. I've seen it several times in Kanji's dungeon.

Sophia

Wait. Would that make Persona 3 the first Police Academy?

On that note, I am actually very much starting to hate SOS mode. Not only does it make the game too easy, but I have a tendicy to suspend the game when I'm busy and having to reconnect every time is annoying. Plus it takes too long.

Omikaru

On that note, I am actually very much starting to hate SOS mode. Not only does it make the game too easy, but I have a tendicy to suspend the game when I'm busy and having to reconnect every time is annoying. Plus it takes too long.

You should be able to run when you send out the SOS. Quite frankly, I stopped using it half the time later on in the game. Rise more than makes up for any benefit it adds...

Sophia

You should be able to run when you send out the SOS. Quite frankly, I stopped using it half the time later on in the game. Rise more than makes up for any benefit it adds...

As of Kanji's dungeon I don't even need it. Enough SP recovering items + Sweep Bonus SP recovery means I'm more than okay to one-day the dungeon.

Shame, I love the concept too. I'd rather see the request part be automatic, so the player only has to worry about sending aid every so often to benefit.

Also I believe the correct response for this kind of dungeon layout is "Fuck you, game."

Dantis

SOS was better in the Japanese release, simply because more people were playing. You could do it once every few fights and get a solid SP replenishment.

I didn't even bother with the US version. I don't know if it's because people weren't helping, or there weren't many people playing, but I rarely saw more than two names when I used it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
SOS was better in the Japanese release, simply because more people were playing. You could do it once every few fights and get a solid SP replenishment.

I didn't even bother with the US version. I don't know if it's because people weren't helping, or there weren't many people playing, but I rarely saw more than two names when I used it.

I did it a couple of times for the hell of it, but rarely ever. I really didn't need it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
This. Btw does anyone know if all the TV listings spot get filled up or do some just have some empty spots?

They'll get filled up as you progress through the story.

For the trivia one, you have to unlock it(through story), complete the first one to unlock the second, then after you finish the game, the final one unlocks.

Squire

Banned
You see
Namatame's delivery van drive by
in various points of the game.

The other night I noticed
he's the guy who makes a delivery to Tatsumi Textiles while the Investigation Team is there talking to Kanji's mom.
My mind was blown. The game really is riddled with clues like any proper mutder mystery would be.

Post #10,000 WALL OF SHAME

• buddha0991 648
  • Trigger 639
  • Dantis 534
  • jello44 307
  • we.are.the.armada 271
  • Sophia 254
  • Venfayth 243
  • Inorigo 208
  • Wuthering_Heights 185
  • Crewnh 157
  • Jintor 154

I moved up!

Sophia

I moved up!

We're move on up to the sky~!

They'll get filled up as you progress through the story.

For the trivia one, you have to unlock it(through story), complete the first one to unlock the second, then after you finish the game, the final one unlocks.

Do you eventually unlock all of the songs from the Persona Music Live concerts or is just a few select songs even by the end?

CSX

i recall some people speaking high praise of a remix of Never More.

Is that the version played in the ending? If not...youtube link?

Trigger

I really love all the Reincarnation tracks. Smile is my favorite of the bunch alongside I'll Face Myself. Mist or The Almighty should have gotten a reincarnation track.

Dantis

Wait, Kitajoh did some of the songs on Reincarnation...? Holy shit he did the remix of I'll Face Myself. Whoa.

Yep, he did a load of tracks. His best work is when he's remixing someone else.

He did a few tracks on P4 too (All of the bad ones, unfortunately).

I really love all the Reincarnation tracks. Smile is my favorite of the bunch alongside I'll Face Myself. Mist or The Almighty should have gotten a reincarnation track.

I think the reason it wasn't remixed on Reincarnation is because Kobayashi already remixed it on Persona Live.

Jintor

Would loved it if at the final battle
all party characters rushed to save you from the death attack not just current party members

Yeah.

I've been waiting for my party-based game where like they say for the final battle, we're going to just fucking break the rules, 8-person party to fight the final boss!

I've been waiting for my party-based game where like they say for the final battle, we're going to just fucking break the rules, 8-person party to fight the final boss!
The best part in Dragon Age is when you're attacked at your camp, and every character is simultaneously fighting at once. It was a great surprise because I didn't know the engine could handle that.

And then it never happened ever again. Not even during the climax.

Osietra

Banned
Addictive.

Why is the aeon persona so important?

And which persona link should I focus on for maximum benefit when fighting? And where is the place I can also buy cards.

Thanks.

And which persona link should I focus on for maximum benefit when fighting? And where is the place I can also buy cards.
Thanks.
Aeon is important because it lets you see the new stuff if you max it before a certain date (you have plenty of time).

By FAR the most useful person to s-link for battles is
Rise
, surprisingly.
As far as late-game battling MVP,
Chie
is best for physical while
Naoto
can kill hands and nuke people.

Cards you can get from the coffee shop at
Okina City once you get the scooter
, or by finding them during shuffle time.

So many probably unnecessary spoiler tags, sorry about that.

Trigger

Addictive.

Thanks.

1) The Aeon social link is tied to a bonus dungeon. You don't need it unless you really want to see the new ending. If you're referring to the actual Aeon personae: the first persona to naturally learn Invigorate is a level 18 Aeon persona (I think).

2) Focus on the Magician, Chariot, Priestess, Emperor, Lovers, Hermit, and Fortune social links if you're concerned about questing. They're all related to party members and become available as you complete the game.

3) Cards are bought from Marie, but only if you've given her cards.

Random Early December thoughts:

Shut up Yosuke

Evil Adachi is awesome

All that tension in Jester to Hunger

Shut up Yosuke

jiggles

Banned
So, mid-December:

I breezed the dungeon, and all the bosses, apart from the final one after Adachi. I was even doing so comfortably in that, until I got him down to the final 25% of his health. He does this bullshit attack that causes Enervation and puts the character down to 1HP, and quickly wiped me out when I realised I hadn't any revival items or Recarm-esque abilities on any of my Personas. My MC gets one auto-full revive from Tam Lin, and another from Rise, but even then, as soon as I was up, I was put immediately down to 1HP again.

Up until that point, I thought it was a nice boss battle. Not too difficult, and I could make up for my under-levelled party with some clever strategy. (And grind out a bit if he overpowered me)

This, though? I have no answer for this.

Jintor

Adachi's pre-hunger SLs are actually kind of alright to my mind. I think they could still have been more subtle about him though throughout the game...

Adachi's pre-hunger SLs are actually kind of alright to my mind. I think they could still have been more subtle about him though throughout the game...

I liked that line where he said "Oh yeah, well I do have one other talent..... (for dealing with BITCHES)."

Nope, should be all lolis.

Nanako is the heroine.
Shut up and take my pre-order

persona-4-the-animation-13.jpg

Teenagers or college students in P5. No middle-aged adults please.
Aw, but what about the continuing adventures of oyaji-senpai?

tumblr_lq5xurIfl81r0eq28o1_500.jpg

(if Atlus has enough teams to spare, I think the "Catherine" label would be a good series for that age group, Persona should probably always remain teenage-ish with maybe a teacher thrown in for good measure)

Trigger

Apparently Persona 2 was set in a uni? But Japanese unis suck or something so it wasn't nearly as interesting?

No, the first half of Persona 2 is a cast of high schoolers. Part 2 has a cast of adults. I still maintain that P3 is the closest we'll get to a university setting.

Top Bottom