• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

The most impressive thing about Nocturne is that some fan took the time to make a program to show you all possible demon combinations. You just plug in what you have and it'll show you what you can make, or pick a demon and it'll do the opposite.

Easy to take for granted now that a system like that has been built in since................. Devil Survivor 1?

But it was a lifesaver going through the mercilessly hard optional dungeon.

Noi

Raidou isn't in the Maniax Chronicles version. He can learn stuff Dante can't.

Naturally we've never gotten that version in English.

Raidou still doesn't learn Pierce, unless I'm mistaken. Edit: Buddah'd. Without that skill, he and Dante can't really hurt the true final boss. The reason I say "almost" and not completely useless is that they can still act as extra monsters to summon if needed, as well as their Dekunda-variant spells (and provoke, but provoking the TDE boss is generally a BAD idea.)

The most impressive thing about Nocturne is that some fan took the time to make a program to show you all possible demon combinations. You just plug in what you have and it'll show you what you can make, or pick a demon and it'll do the opposite.

Easy to take for granted now that a system like that has been built in since................. Devil Survivor 1?

But it was a lifesaver going through the mercilessly hard optional dungeon.

Used and abused it. So good.

Raidou still doesn't learn Penetrate, unless I'm mistaken. Without that skill, he and Dante can't really hurt the true final boss. The reason I say "almost" and not completely useless is that they can still act as extra monsters to summon if needed, as well as their Dekunda-variant spells (and provoke, but provoking the TDE boss is generally a BAD idea.)

Used and abused it. So good.

Raidou learns Pierce

Interesting how Raidou gets the most cameos, tributes and mentions out of any Megaten character.
Pretty impressive for a guy that's heavily tied to a very specific time period. He's personally my favorite character design in all of the SMT-verse, maybe of all time.

I dressed up for him as halloween once

Also cripes, Pierce. It's all coming back to me. Save your Pixie, never forget fog breath. Gyeaguh, thank god for walkthroughs.

I mean, the dudes in two of his own games, is a boss battle in nocturne and soul hackers, a party member in nocturne, Naoto is a walking tribute to him who then becomes a walking tribute to Kyoji Kuzunoha in her novel, and he's also mentioned as a tv show in Persona, but that's the localization's fault. Did I miss any?

500full.jpg

Raiho is an amazing pun, no matter how you slice it.

Edit:
Guy above me, you are thinking of the Demifiend
Wait, am I? O_O

Really, only ones that I know of was in P4, Nocturne and
the EX dungeon in Soul Hackers 3DS.
Are there any more out there?

EDIT: Beaten with the answer

That's more than any other character. the Kuzunoha clan are still around and operating detective agencies in Persona 2 also.

Guy above me, you are thinking of the Demifiend

TWILT

Banned
I should get around to playing Nocturne someday. The only other SMT games I've played besides Persona are both Devil Survivor games (and I enjoyed both a lot, though the first one more.) Feels bad man.

I somehow turned this into a Megaten general thread for two glorious pages.

I wish the psp version of the very first devil summoner was fan translated or something.

Dresden

Nocturne Vita where

I'd love to play it again but the thought of busting out my ps2 from wherever it's stashed is not appealing at all.

---

Also got to the concert, lame but it was short, at least. Ironic that it's one event where it could use scooter-level planning but instead everyone learns how to play in a weekend.

Sophia

I love that you can outfit all your teammates in the gag glasses during the dungeon crawls. I like to imagine them telling Teddie that they prefer keeping the gag ones over the real ones, perhaps at Yukiko's insistance.

Have you tired talking to everyone with the various glasses on in a dungeon? Hit Square and talk to your teammates. Each of them has a comment for their own outfit, as well whatever your wearing.

Have you tired talking to everyone with the various glasses on in a dungeon? Hit Square and talk to your teammates. Each of them has a comment for their own outfit, as well whatever your wearing.
I just remember with the
featherman
costumes, Yosuke says
"I'm yellow!?! Does this mean I'm the fat one?

Aww yeah, License obtained, City unlocked, Agent set acquired, and everyone equipped. :D

Aww yea, Agent suits, that's how I roll. Get ready to grind with class, Soph. Teddie has the best outfit btw. If you speak to Yukiko in the dungeon, she basically says she feels like the men in black.

Squire

Banned
Aww yea, Agent suits, that's how I roll. Get ready to grind with class, Soph. Teddie has the best outfit btw. If you speak to Yukiko in the dungeon, she basically says she feels like the men in black.

Wait, what? That's awesome! Getting close to going after Rise, so I'll try that when I do, haha.

Wait, what? That's awesome! Getting close to going after Rise, so I'll try that when I do, haha.

"Ooh, this is an interesting outfit. I feel like I'm on a secret mission. UFO's, mysterious aliens and agents in black suits who fight off threats to the galaxy and brainwash humanity!..Oh sorry. Hehe. Guess I got a little too carried away there."

Noi

I AM SO MAD, OMG.

Literally only one-two hits away from beating Shadow Teddie after 45 minutes. I go an all out offense to finish him off, but don't do so by a magic pixel. S. Teddie does a REGULAR ASS ATTACK ON THE MC that, even with Ara Mitama equipped to reduce phys, does 229 HP damage.

MC had 228 HP.

I can't fucking DEAL

Top Bottom