• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

I AM SO MAD, OMG.

Literally only one-two hits away from beating Shadow Teddie after 45 minutes. I go an all out offense to finish him off, but don't do so by a magic pixel. S. Teddie does a REGULAR ASS ATTACK ON THE MC that, even with Ara Mitama equipped to reduce phys, does 229 HP damage.

MC had 228 HP.

I can't fucking DEAL

I've been there. Alas, Megaten is not gentle.

Who designed the
Magatsu
dungeon? dur you jump down a hole but if you go back in there's suddenly stairs but they're not the right ones and so we made you waste a bunch of time. also, we're not even going to have rise say 'hey this is the level it's on'
Even though I had played that level before, I must have run around for three whole hours forgetting what I was supposed to do.

If you haven't gotten out yet, you jump down the hole and do all the hullabullo to get an item.

Then exit the whole dungeon, go back to the entrance and choose to enter the first option (they are two separate areas that have a very similar name) at floor one, and then go down to the same level as the hole but don't jump in, instead look for a locked door that you can use the item on.

Yeah, that design decision...... I could live without it.

Jintor

Well, the owner of that dungeon is an amazing asshole, so that makes total sense.

Really appreciate the night social linking. Amazingly convenient for the few nights I'm not tutoring or deviling.

Jintor

Once you max out your stats and finish the jobs, the fortune shrine is the best thing in the world. Keeps the night from being a total waste.

Eh, I find talking to dudes in the shopping district more interesting. Their dialogue is constantly changing as the year goes on, too...

Also, any chance to get more Rise dialogue

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Any fusion experts here?

I'm following a FAQ and I'm trying to fuse this:
Lakshmi - (Judgement) Anubis x (Empress) Alilat x (Chariot) Thor
But when I put the three together, I get Kaguya, the one above it in the Aeon list. Is the FAQ wrong or do I have too high level personas or something?

On the 10/12, Jester's social link at 5. Tests incoming. I know I won't max it. I'm at level 60

Going back to my last save : level 43. Ouch. This S.link better be worth it.

On the 10/12, Jester's social link at 5. Tests incoming. I know I won't max it. I'm at level 60

Going back to my last save : level 43. Ouch. This S.link better be worth it.

Wait, it's important enough that you're willing to go back that far?

After considering Chie's skill progression, I think I'm gonna use Yosuke, Yukiko, and Kanji. Yosuke is unfortunately around 7 or 8 levels behind everyone else but I think it's still worth it. Good idea?

I already beat the game on PS2, so I'd rather play the new content while I can :)

Question for those who have beat the game :
Is Margaret's fight in NG+ influenced by the game's difficulty ? Like is it harder on very hard than normal ?

After considering Chie's skill progression, I think I'm gonna use Yosuke, Yukiko, and Kanji. Yosuke is unfortunately around 7 or 8 levels behind everyone else but I think it's still worth it. Good idea?
Underleveled characters tend to level up faster than the rest anyway :)

Jintor

I just realised you miss out on a few extra scenes in party S.Links if you do them after November for reasons that are obvious

Dantis

I've beaten Raidou Summoner 1 and Nocturne, own and started Raidou Summoner 2 and Strange Journey, and own but have not played DDS 1 and 2. Was interested in Devil Survivor, but I really don't like the art style for it. Yet to play a Megaten that I've not enjoyed outside of Persona 1 though.

Wut.

How.

Why.

Jintor

No, elaborate.

Nanako stops by during around lvl 7-8 S.link scenes for most party members, rise, kanji, yukiko etc to prop them up for a bit by being a cute innocent child, but she's obviously not there from November until February 2012 or so

Persona4Golden.jpg

I really LOVE this game.
Got the true ending in 2008 on PS2, but replaying Golden was even better than the first time through on the PS2.
All the additions were great, GOTY for me.

Any fusion experts here?

I'm following a FAQ and I'm trying to fuse this:
Lakshmi - (Judgement) Anubis x (Empress) Alilat x (Chariot) Thor
But when I put the three together, I get Kaguya, the one above it in the Aeon list. Is the FAQ wrong or do I have too high level personas or something?
Likely happens due to the fact that you are using the higher level Persona, try using one lower list Persona and combining again, well that's what I did.

And I too like to reaffirm my love for this game; but extremely pissed off with how Atlus screwed the European fans over P4 Arena...still no release date...in fact I believe Zen United has said that they've yet to send the code to the then =S
Wanted to play Arena whilst I'm still on a Persona high = hope they don't screw us over on Persona 5.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Likely happens due to the fact that you are using the higher level Persona, try using one lower list Persona and combining again, well that's what I did.

And I too like to reaffirm my love for this game; but extremely pissed off with how Atlus screwed the European fans over P4 Arena...still no release date...in fact I believe Zen United has said that they've yet to send the code to the then =S
Wanted to play Arena whilst I'm still on a Persona high = hope they don't screw us over on Persona 5.

Yeah, the guy who wrote the faq apparently did before maxing the Aeon link.

I don`t think I understand the math for triangle fusions though... but ah well. lol

Dantis

I'm looking to get back into JRPG's; Is persona 4 golden a good place to start?

Kind of. It's nothing like other JRPGs though.

If you never played the original P4 though, it's an amaaaaazing game. It's a cut above everything else on the market in terms of art, design and music.

Hey guys, I'm coming to the end of my first playthrough... is there any reason to keep all the items I've stockpiled over them game, especially the gems and recovery items? Or should I sell them all to increase the money I take over into New Game Plus?

Hey guys, I'm coming to the end of my first playthrough... is there any reason to keep all the items I've stockpiled over them game, especially the gems and recovery items? Or should I sell them all to increase the money I take over into New Game Plus?
Sell them all except for the ones you are going to need at later battles, like soma etc; seeing as they don't carryover.

Squire

Banned
Nanako stops by during around lvl 7-8 S.link scenes for most party members, rise, kanji, yukiko etc to prop them up for a bit by being a cute innocent child, but she's obviously not there from November until February 2012 or so

Ah. Thanks!

Miker

While the subject is on PS2 SMT games, which one is the best one to play that's not Persona 3 or 4? There's so many options I can't pick one out.

Tamanon

Banned
While the subject is on PS2 SMT games, which one is the best one to play that's not Persona 3 or 4? There's so many options I can't pick one out.

Nocturne is the best game, but it's almost 100% gameplay only, barely any story. Digital Devil Saga 1/2 are pretty great, with more character development and it's basically a traditional RPG.

Devil Summoner 2 is fun, albeit completely different from the rest.

I'd personally suggest Digital Devil Saga, but that's mainly because I <3 Argilla.

Miker

Nocturne is the best game, but it's almost 100% gameplay only, barely any story. Digital Devil Saga 1/2 are pretty great, with more character development and it's basically a traditional RPG.

Devil Summoner 2 is fun, albeit completely different from the rest.

I'd personally suggest Digital Devil Saga, but that's mainly because I <3 Argilla.

Your avatar says I can trust you :p

I think I'll be looking into Devil Summoner 2 because it's real-time, and I'm looking for a change of pace. Do I need to have played Devil Summoner 1 first?

Dantis

Pulling out the PS2 out of the closet is such a pain, man. I got DDS2 as a gift during that last Amazon Atlus sale and have wanted to start on them both, but stuff keeps getting in the way. :X

PLAY IT, MAN.

They're really, really good.

They even play with the same themes as Persona 3 and 4. The main theme is camaraderie, and it's played out like a more serious equivalent of Persona's emphasis on friendship.

PLAY IT, MAN.

They're really, really good.

They even play with the same themes as Persona 3 and 4. The main theme is camaraderie, and it's played out like a more serious equivalent of Persona's emphasis on friendship.

Yes, and if you want to experience the pure opposite of that, play Nocturne. Grim times that game. Noi already beat it, but im sayin that for anyone else who is interested in the opposite of camaraderie.

Salaadin

Anyone have any recommendations for good soundtrack importing websites? Play Asia apparently never heard of the Persona 4 Golden OST >.>
Really wish they sold it digitally somewhere.

Anyone have any recommendations for good soundtrack importing websites? Play Asia apparently never heard of the Persona 4 Golden OST >.>

I got my P4G OST from Amazon Japan... Great service but man, shipping sucks as it's hella expensive.

My original P4 OST was from the US release (game + social link pack) and my new P4 Reincarnation CD I randomly found in Kinokuniya in LA.

EDIT: Before I bought the P4G OST, someone had it up on SoundCloud and I just streamed it until I decided to buy it. So you can go that route.

Dantis

CD Japan has it.

Keep in mind that Golden OST has none of the tracks off vanilla P4.

Miker

Just watched some gameplay of DDS and Devil Summoner. This is pretty obvious considering they're all SMT games, but I really like how the demons/devils/personas return in each game, and how all the spell games (agi, zio, garu, bufu) are also present in each one. It goes a long way to making each game feel like part of a larger series despite them being so different otherwise.

Just watched some gameplay of DDS and Devil Summoner. This is pretty obvious considering they're all SMT games, but I really like how the demons/devils/personas return in each game, and how all the spell games (agi, zio, garu, bufu) are also present in each one. It goes a long way to making each game feel like part of a larger series despite them being so different otherwise.

Garu is not present in any of the games except Persona. Zan is force damage, which replaces wind in the other games. Zan and Garu are both present in Persona 1 and 2, no idea why Zan is gone in 3 and 4. I actually kind of wish that Zan, Aqua and either Tera or Magna (both earth) make a return.

Persona 1 and 2 was actually kind of overkill. Like 6/8 types of Phys damages, plus Agi, Garu, Aqua, Zio, Zan, Magna, Frei, Megido, Gry, Hama, Mudo, and im sure im missing one or two.

Salaadin

CD Japan has it.

Keep in mind that Golden OST has none of the tracks off vanilla P4.

P4G has 15 tracks. What does the original OST have that this one doesnt?
15 tracks seems small.

Is cdj really selling a little Teddie pouch that unzips at the neck? :O

EDIT: Wow, original OST has 30+ tracks. Think Ill buy that one first.

Miker

Garu is not present in any of the games except Persona. Zan is force damage, which replaces wind in the other games. Zan and Garu are both present in Persona 1 and 2, no idea why Zan is gone in 3 and 4. I actually kind of wish that Zan, Aqua and either Tera or Magna (both earth) make a return.

Persona 1 and 2 was actually kind of overkill. Like 6/8 types of Phys damages, plus Agi, Garu, Aqua, Zio, Zan, Magna, Frei, Megido, Gry, Hama, Mudo, and im sure im missing one or two.

Huh, didn't know that. I just saw Bufu and Agi and assumed the others were in there. Cool trivia though.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Which one was that was nuclear damage, Gry, right?

Top Bottom