• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Salaadin

Ordered the P4 OST from CDJ. Thanks for the P4G link. Ill bookmark that now. No idea why it wasnt popping up in search but oh well.

Got my copy of P4A in the mail today.
Going to wait until the next set of anime Blu Rays releases in January and then Ill buy the full thing.

Cool and yeah, I waiting on the Vol. 2 anime DVD myself - since I wanted dual language, I went with the DVDs. Eventually I'll probably buy the BDs to see if there's much difference, but I doubt it.

I did pick up two books last night at Kinokuniya:

animebooks-com_2244_441472788.jpg

animebooks-com_2244_442871208.jpg

Squire

Banned
It's got big shoes to fill. Persona 4 is just massively popular.

Like I said earlier, I think P4 is their FFVII moment on their scale. They'll have success going forward, but they'll have a hard time creating a game that eclipses this in popularity.

Dantis

P4G has 15 tracks. What does the original OST have that this one doesnt?
15 tracks seems small.

Is cdj really selling a little Teddie pouch that unzips at the neck? :O

EDIT: Wow, original OST has 30+ tracks. Think Ill buy that one first.

The only songs of note on the Golden OST are Shadow World (The intro track), Time To Make History (Battle theme) and Snowflakes (Winter theme).

Everything else you might want is in the original OST.

EDIT: As an aside, CDJapan and YesAsia are generally cheaper than Play-Asia, I believe.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm worried about Valentine's Day because I did romance Yukiko back during the Summer festival thing, but I haven't talked to her once since then. A normal person would assume to move on since I've spent Christmas Eve and New Years with Naoto, but I guess she has problems letting go.

Isn't FF6 renowned for its soundtrack?

Because P2's original soundtrack is a bit naff, and the remake is only decent outside of a few standout pieces.

ff6 is renowned for its everything.

"Because P2's original soundtrack is a bit naff"

There are people who would fight you to the death for saying that, and there is also people who would fight you to the death for saying the p1p ost is better and that the p2 ports needed meguro

Sophia

Isn't FF6 renowned for its soundtrack?

Because P2's original soundtrack is a bit naff, and the remake is only decent outside of a few standout pieces.

O_O

There are people who would fight you to the death for saying that, and there is also people who would fight you to the death for saying the p1p ost is better and that the p2 ports needed meguro

PEOPLE WHO WOULD FIGHT DANTIS TO THE DEATH REPORTING FOR DUTY~!

Dantis

Then those people are deafened by nostalgia. P1's OST is absolutely vile. This is not music. It is noise.

PEOPLE WHO WOULD FIGHT DANTIS TO THE DEATH REPORTING FOR DUTY~!

PISTOLS AT DAWN!

The only songs of note on the Golden OST are Shadow World (The intro track), Time To Make History (Battle theme) and Snowflakes (Winter theme).

Everything else you might want is in the original OST.

EDIT: As an aside, CDJapan and YesAsia are generally cheaper than Play-Asia, I believe.

Dude, Shin Mitsuo Tensei was the best surprise off the P4G OST for me...

I want more chiptune remixes of all Persona music. I'd pay good money for an album like that.

Sophia

I don't care for Persona 1's original soundtrack that much. There's a few good tracks (Child Abuse, Deadline, Mad Hospital) and the rest of it's unquestionably awful.

Dantis

it is noise that fits the atmosphere of P1 WAAAAAY better than that shitty jpop song they replaced it with.....Bloody Destiny is way more fitting as the boss song...but Deadline was badass too....

Good try, but no dice.

Dude, Shin Mitsuo Tensei was the best surprise off the P4G OST for me...

It's cool, but if someone is buying the soundtrack, I can't imagine that being a track of interest. Particularly if they don't own I'll Face Myself (Battle).

I seem to recall I played P3 Portable for a couple hours a while back. It seemed interesting though it didn't grab me too much.

Is P4G more of the same?

Dantis

^it really is just generic meguro. Bloody Destiny was a nice and unique sound, I appreciated that one way more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-EGLi5viEs

Satomi Tadashi > Tanaka

Vastly superior.

I seem to recall I played P3 Portable for a couple hours a while back. It seemed interesting though it didn't grab me too much.

Is P4G more of the same?

Yes. The cast is much better written, and the gameplay is a lot more streamlined, but it's very similar.

Sophia

Is P4G more of the same?

Kinda. The same basic gameplay and all, but a lot of people that didn't enjoy Persona 3 absolutely loved Persona 4. Plus, Persona 4 Golden isn't a compromised port like Persona 3 Portable was.

Still sucks, but at least it's bearable.

Sallokin

Im curious. Have any of you guys tried any of the other megatens that aren't Persona? How did you feel about them? Just curious.

I've played just about all of the ones released in the US with the exception of Devil Survivor 2 (though I do own it). Gotta get through Overclocked first.

I have to say my favorite is Nocturne followed closely by the Raidou games. There's something about the main character's design in SMT3 that makes me love that game even more.

YOU MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE.

The Meguro version is AMAZE.

Shame it wasn't used in the game. :(

And sounds nothing like the proper song

Its a remix of the original's opening. That guitar part and the holy spear knights chanting become a reoccuring thing in the two remakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDpeQzYbjLE

the hitler chants at the beginning, a soft piano version of the original innocent sin theme at 54 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR9wfBrB9T4

And this is just a straight up remix of the original opening mixed with the original eternal punishment's exfinal battle

Dantis

Its a remix of the original's opening. That guitar part and the holy spear knights chanting become a reoccuring thing in the two remakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDpeQzYbjLE

the hitler chants at the beginning, a soft piano version of the original innocent sin theme at 54 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR9wfBrB9T4

And this is just a straight up remix of the original opening mixed with the original eternal punishment's exfinal battle

I know. It is heavily remixed though. The closest song to it is the Innocent Sin opening, but it's heavily modified even from that. It is very much a Meguro track.

Sophia

if it is 3 movies, then
movie 1 is start to Itkutski's betrayal. movie 2 is the rest. movie 3 is the answer.

I actually don't care The Answer, given it + drama CDs can all be integrated into the main story MUCH better, and if they're doing a trilogy, they might as well.

Doubt it. The Answer will be left out, I think.

Can you imagine a movie of that, haha? There's only like two minutes of plot.

There's more than two minutes, however the Manga adaption beautifully integrated The Answer into the story, so there's no reason the anime adaption shouldn't be able to do the same.

Doubt it. The Answer will be left out, I think.

Can you imagine a movie of that, haha? There's only like two minutes of plot.

you can say the same thing about Persona 3. most of the game is padding with the slinks. Well...not 2 minutes, more like....20 minutes.

Dantis

you can say the same thing about Persona 3. most of the game is padding with the slinks. Well...not 2 minutes, more like....20 minutes.

I dunno, the back-end of P3 is actually pretty plot-heavy.

Remove the flashbacks from The Answer and you have a lot of walking around quietly and a tremendously lame fan-service fight.

Top Bottom