• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

I dunno, the back-end of P3 is actually pretty plot-heavy.

Remove the flashbacks from The Answer and you have a lot of walking around quietly and a tremendously lame fan-service fight.

Remove the tower walks from the first 50% of the journey, and you got
a few fights, a few incidents with a crappy antagonist group, a silly betrayal.
I really wish Persona 3 had better pace. =/

For some reason, I want people on P4G's activity feed. I got plenty, but quite a bit since then have finished the game. Anyone here I have not added? I am like XIAceOfSpadesIX (I know, shitty name) and I got that hyper looking squirrel pick (its an in joke with some friends)

My name is kind of messed up I think, I think one of the I's is an L or an l or an i. I kept getting problems with that much earlier in this topic. MUUUUCH earlier. *shrug*

Dantis

We're sharing PSNs again? Mine is PsychoDantis, if anyone wants to add me.

(You should put a message if your name isn't obvious though. I ignore randoms because I'm boring)

We're sharing PSNs again? Mine is PsychoDantis, if anyone wants to add me.

(You should put a message if your name isn't obvious though. I ignore randoms because I'm boring)

Its funny how the whole psn thing happened back then. Everyone assumed it would work for the SOS thing. It ended up being way more entertaining for the activity feeds and liking and commenting on them for me hah. I think I already have you Dantis.

Dantis

Its funny how the whole psn thing happened back then. Everyone assumed it would work for the SOS thing. It ended up being way more entertaining for the activity feeds and liking and commenting on them for me hah. I think I already have you Dantis.

Yeah, we're already buddies.

And I did warn everyone that that wasn't how SOS worked. :p

Squire

Banned
Accepted Ace/Sophia, requested Dantis :)

Ooh, I hope we're still doing that. I think most of us are still playing, haha.

CSX

PSN : CSX142857

Doing NG+ playthrough currently

...do we get SOS buffs if aid is from a friend ??

EDIT : watching my friend playing my copy of P4 on an emulator. Even with res buff and AA, Golden looks better. Must have changed a lot more than I thought.

Noi

Noisama here. Though I need to clean my friend list every time I add someone new, I'm always at 100. :(

If I have no "progress" in my feed, its because I'm getting wrecked.

Omikaru

So even though I beat it on PS2 years ago, I'm going through all the feels of finishing P4 Golden.

I'm really sad and depressed that it's over. Does it get better, guys?

Oh, and whilst I'm here: my PSN is Omikaru, same as my GAF name. I'll add you guys now, if you don't mind.

Young Magus

Caught a view of the ps2 intro, gotta say that it looks nice.
Anywho bout to start my 2nd playthough, is it possible to do a max s-link run blind?

Oh right, I have to add you guys still... blah forgot to do so.

PSN: Auron_Kale

Hey dude! Add me: JimmyStav

Edit: Maybe it's because I'm over-leveled, but I'm having a surprisingly easy time with this game. Dungeons never take me more than two days to get through (I might make it through the third in one).

Hey dude! Add me: JimmyStav

Edit: Maybe it's because I'm over-leveled, but I'm having a surprisingly easy time with this game. Dungeons never take me more than two days to get through (I might make it through the third in one).

What difficulty? Also, do you have prior Persona or Megaten experience? In my opinion, this one, esp. this version, are pretty damn easy for the most part, but you can still get rocked on Very Hard if you aren't that careful or if you get randomly lucky with the Magician card.

What difficulty? Also, do you have prior Persona or Megaten experience? In my opinion, this one, esp. this version, are pretty damn easy for the most part, but you can still get rocked on Very Hard if you aren't that careful or if you get randomly lucky with the Magician card.

I've only played a few hours of P3 and 4, both of which destroyed me at the time. Maybe it's because I read more about the game's mechanics beforehand.

Sophia

Yeah you might have a Shadow just randomly attack your protagonist with a normal attack and do 400 damage instantly killing him with no forewarning. :D

I am in no way speaking from experience of what happened an hour ago. Oh no...

Yeah you might have a Shadow just randomly attack your protagonist with a normal attack and do 400 damage instantly killing him with no forewarning. :D

I am in no way speaking from experience of what happened an hour ago. Oh no...

Its weird. I am in the void quest. Not any enemies can really touch my crew. I go back into the striptease, and an enemy there can still one shot anyone on my team except me with a strong str persona and matarukaja.

Sophia

I see.....well still worth a shot, my goal is to get as much outside the party links done as I can

Are you doing New Game Plus? It's real easy if you're carrying over stats. If not, you'll need to plan your stats leveling out a bit. Make sure to take advantage of the Mega Beef Bowl Challenge at Aiya whenever possible, and you need to practically one-day every dungeon the moment you can because some social links (Adachi's) won't progress otherwise.

Its weird. I am in the void quest. Not any enemies can really touch my crew. I go back into the striptease, and an enemy there can still one shot anyone on my team except me with a strong str persona and matarukaja.

Yeah the Striptease is a bit overtuned enemy wise, which is weird because it's boss is easy. Void Quest on the other hand has easy enemies, but an absolutely brutal boss.

Urgh I'm so tempting to just buy random Persona 4 books though

God damnit

I'm in love with this game

I'd say get the Official Design Works first. If not the Japanese one, Udon released a translated version so I'd opt for that instead. Also, Udon translated the Soejima book too so get that if interested - though many art overlaps with the Official Design Works.

Club P4 has some cool fanart with bits of official art as well. Not to mention other famous artists doing their take on the characters as well.

There are several books for the anime, but I say only get if you like the groundwork and love the visuals. Perfect Guide & Groundworks are definitely spoilery if you haven't beaten the game before.

P4 Arena is ArcSys and their development for the game. I love how they translated many of the familiar art into 2D sprites.

Top Bottom