• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

im at almost 100 hours and im at the void quest. A snails pace indeed. I bet quite a lot of that was my leaving the thing idle though, but holy crap.

62 hours and I beat it!

The "weather joke" was hilarious.

I finally beat a damned persona game!

CONGRATULATIONS!

commie-persona-4-23-e7f55519-mkv_snapshot_22-00_2012-03-17_10-28-58_zps62967a11.jpg

(note the disgusted Kanji in the corner)

Join the excruciating wait for P5.

Unless you follow a guide incredibly precisely (which I don't recommend), you will max some and merely start others.

That's the charm of life, brudder. Hang out with who you want to, regret not the decisions that could have been.

Excellent thanks! I don't think I have loved the charachters in a rpg this much since maybe Lunar.

Sallokin

They were probably from quests that the guy outside the book place gives you. You have to do your sports s-links very carefully, because they'll eat up your time that certain missable book-getting opportunities are available.

This'll help a little. These might be the exact 3 books you were missing.

3 Missable Books (Strength 3, 4, 7, 8)

- 5/29 Strength Date (Need to Keep Strength at Rank 3)
- 7/15 Call, 7/17 Strength Date (Can't be on Strength 5 or 6 Basketball)
- 8/10 Strength Date (Same as before)

I know for sure I at least missed one of these. I did get the Witch Detective Book though. Thanks for the tips

There's missable ones for eating at Aiya 8 times, a couple from sports S Link, and one from taking a girl to the festival I believe.

The Sports S. Link one is a tad tricky because the level of the link and the Sun link both affect it.

Oh? Do you know specifically what Sun levels I should be at? I think I also missed the Aiya one, so thanks for that.

They could've left out Marie and done some interesting things with Aika.

• Make Aiya a part-time job
  • That opens up Aika S. Link
  • MC goes on deliveries with Aika in her S. Link
  • She's datable
  • Aiya job gives you money, but also a discount when you eat at Aiya yourself.

I love this idea!

EDIT: Just checked my previous file. Was only missing 2 books. Both of which were from the Strength skill link. Curses!!!

http://gameclear.org/p4g/E3-82-8A-E3-81-9B-E3-83-8A-E3-83-93-E4-B8-80-E8-A6-A7-.html

I found a Japanese site that recorded every Rise line, I think... I can't read it.

It does give a hint about how to beat it. Some ravens in Steamy Bathhouse.

I remember seeing this mentioned on Gamefaqs, but in the bathhouse on the latter floors, you could sometimes encounter ravens in groups of 5 or so.

This allows you to get the lines of knocking down 3, 4 or 5 enemies at once for characters that would normally have a hard time to do so.

CSX

So i did all the quests on my first playthrough.

Is there a good reason to do so again for a NG+ or better to one-day dunegons and go for all Max S.Links?

When I first heard they were adding a new character to the game and I didn't hunt down famitsu scans, I just assumed it would have been Aika.

And thought maybe she had a dark secret...
she likes skiing

Squire

Banned
Yeah, I noticed that. It's weird that they made her a character for the anime but didn't bother having her cameo in the game.

I imagine they opted for a small reference because they didn't want to implement a portrait/specific design for her for only a cameo. Like, I imagine they're thinking is: It's an S. Link or it's nothing.

So we just get a casual mention.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I imagine they opted for a small reference because they didn't want to implement a portrait/specific design for her for only a cameo. Like, I imagine they're thinking is: It's an S. Link or it's nothing.

So we just get a casual mention.
Well, I mean, they could at least have you drive by her in one of the many scooter scenes or something.

Then again, I guess Marie wasn't really in the anime. Maybe there was a trade or something.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
boy it's pretty amazing that
Dojima
doesn't need a coat
when it's snowing
He does also mention that she thinks MC is cool, so that's nice.

He also mentions that she talks about him a lot. And that both him and her eat a ton. But what girl doesn't talk about MC in that town?

Squire

Banned
He also mentions that she talks about him a lot. And that both him and her eat a ton. But what girl doesn't talk about MC in that town?

Seriously! The night I found the Temperance/Devil S. Links I was like, "Wow, they're really not joking when they call the MC a ladies man."

Nobody can resist talking about that new transfer student who came into town

Stands up to King moron
Aces every test
Deals with rainy day depression by eating
Feeds cats
Holds down five jobs
Hoards books
Talks to old women
Collects swords, shoes and photon plates
Hangs out at shrines having a one sided conversation all day sometimes
Addicted to TaP soda
Will get you the key from a hollowed out police dog if you ask him to, like it's no big deal

SWAG SONA
1356672660717_zpsf4607729.gif

Jintor

"You see that new guy?"

"Yeah, he's been hanging around the shrine a lot."

"You think... you think he's in with Mysterious Fox?"

"Mysterious Fox? ...shit."

"Damn. Fox is choosy with who he shares his leaf with, know what I'm saying?"

"I heard he bested Funky Student in a god damn riddle-off."

"What? Funky Student? No way."

"Yeah way! Top scores in every test, man. I saw him fish a guardian out of the river. Even bested the Amagi Challenge, or so I hear"

"That's bullshit, man. Ain't nobody can conquer the Amagi Challenge"

"I'm telling you, dude. That guy, he's gonna open a portal to the meat dimension. Then we're all fucked."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The weapons guy says the only person he would hire would be you, and I thought, that would be an awesome S Link. Way better than Sayoko and Eri.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So should I assume his parents are loaded? All his clothes look like 10x nicer than everyones in Inaba. I know it's the sticks, but your guy dresses better than EVERYONE.

Jintor

Well, you're also picking up yen off the floor in monster dungeons tv-world, so there's that too

Inaba's economy is fucked anyway. Diadara is cashed to the nines.

So should I assume his parents are loaded? All his clothes look like 10x nicer than everyones in Inaba. I know it's the sticks, but your guy dresses better than EVERYONE.
Soejima had an interview where he talked about wanting Yosuke and MC to be a bit more stylish because they were from the big city, and tried to convey it primarily through hair.

Because we are dirty foreigners and don't have much of a preconceived notion to compare it to, I GUESS Chie and Yukiko look less "hip" and more traditional/country than the boys.

This gets really complicated and thrown out of whack when two of the other party members are also from out of town, and the other one from in-town has a pretty crazy sense of style.

Art director Shigenori Soejima used hair styles to differentiate between characters from the city versus the country. "With Yosuke in particular, I gave him accessories, such as headphones and a bicycle, to make it more obvious that he was from the city."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rise's S Link condition is kind of messed up.
Why are the options to comfort her or do nothing? Why can't you just comfort her as a friend? I don't want to romance her, but that seems messed up

Also I was really hoping when Teddie
becomes your roomie, the house would just get progressively dirtier every day

Also they should do a holiday event if you're dating Naoto where you end up dating Kou on accident instead

Young Magus

Why are the options to comfort her or do nothing? Why can't you just comfort her as a friend? I don't want to romance her, but that seems messed up

Also I was really hoping when Teddie
becomes your roomie, the house would just get progressively dirtier every day

Also they should do a holiday event if you're dating Naoto where you end up dating Kou on accident instead

I with you on the rise S-Link, one minute I'm on a no date run, the next I'm dating her.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I think it's because she's supposed to be the "canon" love interest.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You should really just have a conversation over the phone with your parents at the end of the game about how you need to stay because everyone sucked before you got here. God forbid what happens to Nanako after you leave.

and oh god 'practicing' with Teddie.

Sophia

I hate Rise's dungeon. I hate Rise's dungeon. I hate Rise's dungeon. I hate Rise's dungeon. I hate Rise's dungeon....

Between all the status alignments, the dice with Last Resort that one shots on Hard, the instant kill spells flying left and right, and the enemy having a vendetta against Kanji, such a pain. At least Yosuke's Silence and Panic abilities are extremely reliable here.

What's that? Enemies weak to Ice? Well Hee Ho, Mother****ers! :|

Dresden

Good lord, I guess they took every complaint about Naoto and just turned her into a juggernaut. Just got Mind Charge. Now she can hit different elements with -dyne spells, cast Almighty nukes, and the insta-kill hama/mudo variants. And she even has Invigorate!

Noi

I hate Rise's dungeon. I hate Rise's dungeon. I hate Rise's dungeon. I hate Rise's dungeon. I hate Rise's dungeon....

Between all the status alignments, the dice with Last Resort that one shots on Hard, the instant kill spells flying left and right, and the enemy having a vendetta against Kanji, such a pain. At least Yosuke's Silence and Panic abilities are extremely reliable here.

What's that? Enemies weak to Ice? Well Hee Ho, Mother****ers! :|

I'm finding it slightly ironic that I had absolutely no trouble with that dungeon outside of the mid-boss and current boss fight. I've never even had Hama/Mudo spells cast on me. Bath house gave me waaaaay more trouble.

Good lord, I guess they took every complaint about Naoto and just turned her into a juggernaut. Just got Mind Charge. Now she can hit different elements with -dyne spells, cast Almighty nukes, and the insta-kill hama/mudo variants. And she even has Invigorate!

Yep. She's the most broken non-MC character in the game. She even gets tetrakarn and matrakarn. Right when I saw she had garudyne it was bye bye Yosuke time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ski trip
is new to Golden right? I thought that was real well written. Especially Teddie's
'Stoop! It's just an incredibly romantic situation! Don't give in! and cursing everyone

Sophia

I'm finding it slightly ironic that I had absolutely no trouble with that dungeon outside of the mid-boss and current boss fight. I've never even had Hama/Mudo spells cast on me. Bath house gave me waaaaay more trouble.

I've died more times in this dungeon than entire playthroughs of Persona 3. The mid-boss is super easy tho. Just keep having your protag and Yukiko cast Agilao on it over and over, and have make sure they have means of healing the status effects and your HP.

Ski trip
is new to Golden right? I thought that was real well written. Especially Teddie's
'Stoop! It's just an incredibly romantic situation! Don't give in! and cursing everyone

Yup, that's new.

Velcro Fly

Forgot how annoying the first dungeon can be.

Really though getting crit one shot from full health when I have a boss down to probably 30 HP or less is definitely fine gameplay mechanics. Then the following attempt taking difficulty out of the equation by giving everyone crit hax that makes the fight a joke.

Also doing well at pissing away the leave dungeon items.

I'm bad at game :(

Squire

Banned
Will I miss any events if I
rescue Marie ASAP
? I don't want the game to suddenly end.

No. In fact, the game says you need to rescue her quickly. That dungeon isn't like the others. Any planning and preparations should be done in between Margaret calling the MC, telling him she's working on it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No. In fact, the game says you need to rescue her quickly. That dungeon isn't like the others. Any planning and preparations should be done in between Margaret calling the MC, telling him she's working on it.

also fuck that dungeon for
metroiding me after I got the Grim Reaper's Sword and Book of Voids

Top Bottom