• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

jiggles

Banned
My copy of this shipped on Friday to Ireland (from Canada). I'm going to have to trawl through some old posts and Tweets of mine to find out when to expect it.

Correct!

Also, I'm starting to think I was a bit quick to Christmas-ify my avatar. Seems like, nobody outside of the thread in Off-Topic has done... Oh well, it's done now. It's staying like it until 2013. >_>

You don't like L to the J?

hes good in Persona 3, fit that game perfectly. Felt sort of odd in Innocent Sin, would be completely out of place in Eternal Punishment. Should have made Serph a turkey to celebrate an American holiday in Europe har har har.

Venfayth

Correct!

Also, I'm starting to think I was a bit quick to Christmas-ify my avatar. Seems like, nobody outside of the thread in Off-Topic has done... Oh well, it's done now. It's staying like it until 2013. >_>

You are just like those horrible retail stores who change to Christmas music before it's even Thanksgiving.

Is it only the release day shipping copies going out now on Amazon?

Still showing estimated ship date as the 20th for me

bAEUR.png

Vinlaen

I've played Persona 3 and 4 but each for only a couple of hours, but I'm going to give Persona 4 Golden my full attention, but does anybody have any tips for me?

What should I know before playing?

Also, what's the difference between "Easy" and "Very Easy" modes? (I really just want to enjoy the story with a -tiny- bit of difficulty but nothing where I can lose progress since I have very little time to play the game, etc)

Venfayth

The intro to the game takes a long ass time. A LONG time. Like 2-3 hours-ish if not more. Once you get past that and start getting to do whatever you want every day is really when the game begins.

Dantis

hes good in Persona 3, fit that game perfectly. Felt sort of odd in Innocent Sin, would be completely out of place in Eternal Punishment. Should have made Serph a turkey to celebrate an American holiday in Europe har har har.

I just like vocal tracks as openings more, particularly in Persona. Doesn't have to be Lotus Juice. I am 100% certain that whatever song Meguro would have written, he would have gotten a vocalist who fit the tone properly. Keep in mind he directed the PSP ports. He knows what he's doing.

You are just like those horrible retail stores who change to Christmas music before it's even Thanksgiving.

I just saw that people were doing it and thought "Wait... Can I draw a Santa hat on Serph without it looking terrible?".

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't at least a little bit proud of the results. I'd say that's the best
(And only)
Santa hat that I've ever drawn.

I just like vocal tracks as openings more, particularly in Persona. Doesn't have to be Lotus Juice. I am 100% certain that whatever song Meguro would have written, he would have gotten a vocalist who fit the tone properly. Keep in mind he directed the PSP ports. He knows what he's doing.

He directed the music direction of Persona 1 Portable, so nope! Only kidding...or am I?

Dantis

He directed the music direction of Persona 1 Portable, so nope! Only kidding...or am I?

A Lone Prayer is absolutely amazotron, and Dream of Butterfly fits the tone perfectly.

Not to mention all the other great tracks like Pandora, Let Butterflies Spread Out Until The Dawn, Bloody Destiny etc.

A Lone Prayer is absolutely amazotron, and Dream of Butterfly fits the tone perfectly.

Not to mention all the other great tracks like Pandora, Let Butterflies Spread Out Until The Dawn, Bloody Destiny etc.

This is where it gets annoying me. I find A Lone Prayer annoying...but so was the original battle theme. Bloody Destiny is actually really good......but so was the original boss theme. Dream of Butterfly is fine, Pandora is a generic, mood killing abomination, and Let Butterflies Spread Out Until The Dawn was ok the first few times, but I miss how the over world song changed quite a bit in the original.

Dantis

This is where it gets annoying me. I find A Lone Prayer annoying...but so was the original battle theme. Bloody Destiny is actually really good......but so was the original boss theme. Dream of Butterfly is fine, Pandora is a generic, mood killing abomination, and Let Butterflies Spread Out Until The Dawn was ok the first few times, but I miss how the over world song changed quite a bit in the original.

Deadline is okay, but the EP version is so much better. I really wouldn't put the original over Bloody Destiny.

And Pandora is text-book Meguro battle music. If you don't like that, then there must be a lot of Meguro music you don't like.

Deadline is okay, but the EP version is so much better. I really wouldn't put the original over Bloody Destiny.

And Pandora is text-book Meguro battle music. If you don't like that, then there must be a lot of Meguro music you don't like.

"And Pandora is text-book Meguro battle music."

Exactly. There is absolutely nothing original or great about it, its short and unremarkable. Say what you will about the original, it totally fit its purpose, and was pretty creepy as hell.

camelpope

Neo Member
Anyone have an idea on what time we can expect it on PSN? I'm not up on the release times and have to leave for our drive to the family home in the middle of bumfrack nowhere Missouri at 6am tomorrow EST.

Anyone have an idea on what time we can expect it on PSN? I'm not up on the release times and have to leave for our drive to the family home in the middle of bumfrack nowhere Missouri at 6am tomorrow EST.

For me it usually goes up at like 6 pm est. ACL and Black Ops Declassified both went up at midnight though, and since Sony Smash is launching the same day, you may just be lucky.

Dantis

"And Pandora is text-book Meguro battle music."

Exactly. There is absolutely nothing original or great about it, its short and unremarkable. Say what you will about the original, it totally fit its purpose, and was pretty creepy as hell.

I'll agree with all that. I love Meguro battle music though, so I'm fine with it. It's generic by his own standards, but his stuff is different enough that I'd still put it above pretty much all other game music.

I'll agree with all that. I love Meguro battle music though, so I'm fine with it. It's generic by his own standards, but his stuff is different enough that I'd still put it above pretty much all other game music.

What I like about him is is willingness to try a ton of different things, look at Maken X, then Nocturne, then Digitial Devil Saga, then Raidou, Then Persona 1/3/4, then Strange Journey, then Catherine. Wildly changing. Did I miss any? That final boss music in comparison was lackluster and playing it safe.

Dantis

What I like about him is is willingness to try a ton of different things, look at Maken X, then Nocturne, then Digitial Devil Saga, then Raidou, Then Persona 1/3/4, then Strange Journey, then Catherine. Wildly changing. Did I miss any? That final boss music in comparison was lackluster and playing it safe.

Well, there's stuff like the reincarnation albums, and Nocturne Maniax, DDS2 etc. etc., but those are all the main projects he's worked on.

I love all his stuff from DDS-onwards. It's easily my favourite gaming music.

He's like Soejima in that he changes his work within the constraints of his own style. It's always the strong chorus melodies, with guitars and classical influences. Amazing stuff.

EDIT: Oh, there's also the Trauma games. He scored Trauma Center and Second Opinion, and did a few tracks for Trauma Team.

LuchaShaq

Banned
For me it usually goes up at like 6 pm est. ACL and Black Ops Declassified both went up at midnight though, and since Sony Smash is launching the same day, you may just be lucky.

6pm tomorrow? I'm suddenly contemplating retail over digital because of this. I'm the worst!

anddo0

Very sad that Newegg is dragging their feet on this. Even PSASBR shipped. I wonder if their shipment got delayed. I may go to Gamestop and place a last minute preorder.

Well, there's stuff like the reincarnation albums, and Nocturne Maniax, DDS2 etc. etc., but those are all the main projects he's worked on.

I love all his stuff from DDS-onwards. It's easily my favourite gaming music.

He's like Soejima in that he changes his work within the constraints of his own style. It's always the strong chorus melodies, with guitars and classical influences. Amazing stuff.

EDIT: Oh, there's also the Trauma games. He scored Trauma Center and Second Opinion, and did a few tracks for Trauma Team.

How do you feel about smt4 where meguro or kaneko don't seem too involved?

Dantis

How do you feel about smt4 where meguro or kaneko don't seem too involved?

Mostly disinterest. :p

Doi's a great artist, so the character art doesn't bother me too much, but the new demon designs range from meh to awful. Really not impressed with the production values either. I was hoping for a DDS-level game.

Mostly disinterest. :p

Doi's a great artist, so the character art doesn't bother me too much, but the new demon designs range from meh to awful. Really not impressed with the production values either. I was hoping for a DDS-level game.

Odd how SJ feels more like a real smt4

Curufinwe

Persona PSP was a struggle for me to get thru and finish, (so many random battles with killer toilets, ugh) but the soundtrack was amazing.

Coconut

Banned
Amazon, you're tearing me apart

Not sure if my order is gonna take longer since I asked for combined shipping with a Vita

Also bought this baller case to keep the gang safe and protected

Beyond broke now ;_;

I own their suede sleeve with the pocket and its a much cheaper and still functional alternative.

Verelios

I've played Persona 3 and 4 but each for only a couple of hours, but I'm going to give Persona 4 Golden my full attention, but does anybody have any tips for me?

What should I know before playing?

Also, what's the difference between "Easy" and "Very Easy" modes? (I really just want to enjoy the story with a -tiny- bit of difficulty but nothing where I can lose progress since I have very little time to play the game, etc)

Enemy type attributes play a very important role in persona. Similar to Pokemon but fatal if you disregard it-- not a joke.

Keep varying Persona on your team so you can take on any situation. You'll be fine then.

getting the golden edition on wednesday from amazon D: oh well. i got the wii u and paper mario to keep me busy

Game isn't for me. Giving it as a Birthday present ;p

Top Bottom