• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Ponn

Banned
Then I could play The Walking Dead finale now :O

Oh shit, I didn't even think about that. Oh hell, what do I play first? And PSN has been unbearably slow to download lately. Maybe download WD 5 and play that while P4G downloads. Ok yea thats a game plan.

Roto13

Eurgh, forgot about that.

Looking forward to the delay for EU players.

Europe's actually getting it the following day this time.

Oh shit, I didn't even think about that. Oh hell, what do I play first? And PSN has been unbearably slow to download lately. Maybe download WD 5 and play that while P4G downloads. Ok yea thats a game plan.

Walking Dead episodes are about 3 hours long and Persona 4 is like 70.

Meier

Neat, I didn't realize this was already coming out in the US. I'm anti-$40 handheld games so hopefully I can find it on the cheap on eBay or something..

Roto13

Yeah, even the iOS version's coming out the same day or the day after. Nobody has to wait for Episode 5.

Also something about Persona 4 Golden to make this post on topic. Tis a great game.

Dantis

Yeah, even the iOS version's coming out the same day or the day after. Nobody has to wait for Episode 5.

Also something about Persona 4 Golden to make this post on topic. Tis a great game.

How is the writing in Marie's S Link? I read somewhere that it feels a little bit lazy.

I have a feeling that's more the character herself than the translator's fault. She seems a bit more cliche than most of the characters.

Necrovex

Dantis, I never got this answered in the other Persona 4 Golden thread, but (MAJOR END GAME SPOILERS)
How was Adachi's link? His revelation was sudden, and I'm interested if there is a lot more foreshadowing if the player does his social link?

Roto13

How is the writing in Marie's S Link? I read somewhere that it feels a little bit lazy.

I have a feeling that's more the character herself than the translator's fault. She seems a bit more cliche than most of the characters.

I like it, actually. It's amusing to see her completely fail to understand simple things, and you can kind of mess with her with your responses. Her habit of insultingyouwithreallyfastphraseswithnospaces gets old, though. They don't exactly stand out as the greatest moments in the game or anything, but they're good.

EDIT: I really liked this line.

Dantis

Dantis, I never got this answered in the other Persona 4 Golden thread, but (MAJOR END GAME SPOILERS)
How was Adachi's link? His revelation was sudden, and I'm interested if there is a lot more foreshadowing if the player does his social link?

I didn't even bother doing it, sad to say, so I can't help you. I really don't like Adachi. I believe the Adachi bad ending is mostly the same as the normal ending though, just with a second of difference. As a side-note, they apparently changed his arcana from Pierrot to Jester. Which is a shame. Pierrot sounds better imo.

Necrovex

I didn't even bother doing it, sad to say, so I can't help you. I really don't like Adachi. I believe the Adachi bad ending is mostly the same as the normal ending though, just with a second of difference. As a side-note, they apparently changed his arcana from Pierrot to Jester. Which is a shame. Pierrot sounds better imo.

Adachi being the Pierrot was certainly a lot more ironic than him being the Jester.

Dantis

Man there is a boatload of things coming out tomorrow...

Mhmm. I've chosen the wrong time to go on a spending spree. I've ordered Resonance of Fate, GoW Saga and P4G, I also have a PS Plus account and I've already bought the Walking Dead season pass.

I'm going to have more games than I know what to do with.

Adachi being the Pierrot was certainly a lot more ironic than him being the Jester.

Ahaha, I hadn't even thought of that. I was just thinking in terms of it sounding more like an arcana.

Yeah, in terms of meaning, Pierrot is way more fitting.

I got Assassins Creed Liberation and Black Ops Declassified (I know, I know.), and already payed off Sony Smash. Now P4G and all the PS+ stuff, and then there is the DmC Demo, and then Walking Dead, my god, did I miss anything?

Dantis

I got Assassins Creed Liberation and Black Ops Declassified (I know, I know.), and already payed off Sony Smash. Now P4G and all the PS+ stuff, and then there is the DmC Demo, and then Walking Dead, my god, did I miss anything?

Is Sony Smash this week? I'll have to give it a rentin'.

Although, I'm sad to say I'll probably throw it all to the side for Persona.

Damn my fandom. :(

Astra

Is Sony Smash this week? I'll have to give it a rentin'.

Although, I'm sad to say I'll probably throw it all to the side for Persona.

Damn my fandom. :(

Bless your fandom, sir!
I am throwing the Wii U aside for Persona 4. It demands complete attention.

Omikaru

Whilst my copy probably won't arrive here in the UK until the end of the week, I'll soon be celebrating P4G's US release by taking a trip to the meat dimension, as promised.

I'll probably attempt it tomorrow or Wednesday.

Levito

Banned

Planetside 2! It's free to play and incredible.

Add me to the list of people that'll probably just be playing P4 though, still the best JRPG ever made.

Dantis

Whilst my copy probably won't arrive here in the UK until the end of the week, I'll soon be celebrating P4G's US release by taking a trip to the meat dimension, as promised.

I'll probably attempt it tomorrow or Wednesday.

When did yours get posted? Mine was Friday, so I'm expecting it to be about Wednesday or Thursday when it gets here.

Omikaru

When did yours get posted? Mine was Friday, so I'm expecting it to be about Wednesday or Thursday when it gets here.

They said it was posted at 3:30am on Sunday, which'd be late Saturday night where they are, but it obviously wasn't posted then. So I really don't know when it entered the postal network, to be honest with you.

I don't know how VG+ runs their system, so maybe they mark a parcel as "shipped" once it's in the package and waiting to be collected from their mail room (in which case it probably went out today), or maybe they have to mark each parcel as shipped manually, and just had a backlog to go through after they all shipped on Friday. I guess I'll know when I get the parcel and check its postmark, but I'm hoping they got it out on Friday and just didn't update their system or whatever.

Astra

My Wii U arrived just 30 minutes before 5pm, which is when Purolator ceases the delivery day. I hope Persona 4 isn't so late to arrive.

cjkeats

My Solid Gold won't get here until Nov 29 2012 - Dec 4 2012. Gross.
Good thing my EB has regular copies ready to go tomorrow.

-GJ-

Play-Asia is 'packing my order'. Let's hope I don't have to wait three weeks or something (last order got here in 4 days).

I am jelly

I want to buy buy a Vita + P4G. Effin' economy.

Oh, well, at least I'll be able to play Soul Hackers and SMT IV the next year with my NA 3DS, right? Right!?

Anyway, changing topics, I think that some people in this thread might like this skin for the 3DS XL:
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Y9lHKyqHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Want.

tumblr_mdr8r3BDpZ1rvggi3o1_500.jpg

lel

Top Bottom