• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

RPUkT.gif

"Why don't you just have a seat right here?"

Oh no, big bro...

Meier

what happened to Naoto. why Atlus why. The new Amagi Inn anime cutscene didn't do her any favors either.

(Continued end game spoiler stuff)
I haven't gotten there yet apparently. Just went back to Dojima's place and met Nanako who looks a lot older too. I did notice that Naoto's big boobs were more pronounced at one point on her portrait. My PSV is at home today so I'll see what happens next this evening.

ss_lemonade

Finally beat the game and got the true ending. Unfortunately, I didn't see the epilogue :(. Still, I didn't know this game was looong, but I loved every minute of it! Definitely one of the best RPGs I've played.

Btw near the end, what was that doorbell with Nanako answering all about?

EDIT:
Scratch that, reloaded my save and found out I missed something I had to do

Miker

(Continued end game spoiler stuff)
I haven't gotten there yet apparently. Just went back to Dojima's place and met Nanako who looks a lot older too. I did notice that Naoto's big boobs were more pronounced at one point on her portrait. My PSV is at home today so I'll see what happens next this evening.

I think the scene I'm talking about (new Amagi Inn anime cutscene) happens after the culture fair. It's the one where the other girls are amazed at the size of Naoto's ginormo-boobs. I really think Golden could've done without that scene and the bathhouse scene.

Meier

I think the scene I'm talking about (new Amagi Inn anime cutscene) happens after the culture fair. It's the one where the other girls are amazed at the size of Naoto's ginormo-boobs. I really think Golden could've done without that scene and the bathhouse scene.

Naoto stuff
Ahhh, okay, that is earlier in the game. I never played the original personally but I thought it was pretty obvious that she had big boobs and that was why she wasn't willing to wear the bikini at the cultural fair contest. I've seen some others took issue with that but I didn't really have a problem with it personally.

Necrovex

I just finished the K-on/Haruhi scene. So goofy and lighthearted.

God damn it, game! Let me continue to level my SL with Rise! Stop having events on the days I can only speak to her on!!!

Man, I am still slightly paranoid I might have messed something up (where I couldn't get January and February), even though my SL is max with Marie. Silly paranoia!

Dantis

Have you finished the game yet? Because in terms of what you're talking about, it only gets worse.

And yes, it is un-needed and pervy.

I just finished the K-on/Haruhi scene. So goofy and lighthearted.

Did you turn your Vita off in frustration?

Because I did.

Miker

Naoto stuff
Ahhh, okay, that is earlier in the game. I never played the original personally but I thought it was pretty obvious that she had big boobs and that was why she wasn't willing to wear the bikini at the cultural fair contest. I've seen some others took issue with that but I didn't really have a problem with it personally.

I guess so, but it feels a bit...much. It just wasn't really a necessary addition. It doesn't sour me on the game or anything though.

Have you finished the game yet? Because in terms of what you're talking about, it only gets worse.

And yes, it is un-needed and pervy.

I've watched all of the P4G additions, and yeah, not all of them are great. Generally I think they're pretty well done, though - even the band scene.

Eh? Not really, unless a shoulders up shot of a girl in a towel gets you hot and bothered.

The new one is significantly worse.

Sure, but I didn't hate Metis. :p

Metis is a far more hated character than Labrys, which you hate only cuz your irrational hate for P4A lel

Been chugging along and am in December (12/05 to be exact).

I have a good number of S.Links done but now to focus on the others...

Also, I've had the Scooby-Dooby Doo theme in my head for some reason. ;)

STG

Hi guys

I dunno how much of a spoiler this question is so I just mark it all

I am now on 22. December, I planed to do the last Fox social link after that but now I found out I need a fishing rod and bugs and all kind of stuff for his request thingy. Is it still possible to get the fishing rod etc. and do the last fox request after the boss fight and before the end of the game? I have never seen that stupid kid (which initiates the hook getting thing) at the shrine in the last 1-2 ingame Months

Both your and Dantis' reaction are the wrong ones. That scene only deserves...well nothing to be honest, its something to be endured but its not a big deal really. I am the law.

Trigger

Hi guys

I dunno how much of a spoiler this question is so I just mark it all

I am now on 22. December, I planed to do the last Fox social link after that but now I found out I need a fishing rod and bugs and all kind of stuff for his request thingy. Is it still possible to get the fishing rod etc. and do the last fox request after the boss fight and before the end of the game? I have never seen that stupid kid (which initiates the hook getting thing) at the shrine in the last 1-2 ingame Months

Yeah, there's still time
You can finish it in December or January
. Just search the thread for the words fishing rod since a lot people have already asked. The kid is available during the day.

STG

Yeah, there's still time
You can finish it in December or January
. Just search the thread for the words fishing rod since a lot people have already asked. The kid is available during the day.

ah fantastic, thanks for the reply!

Dresden

All the additional content for the True End can get overwhelming - there's just all those farewells stacked onto farewells. And yet, it's still Persona 4. What a damn good game, then and now.

It's exhausting though, even moreso than before. I really can't imagine going through the game again. No big loss since the only links I skipped out on were Moon and Temperance.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I dunno, the new one was kinda un-tasteful in spots. It ended pretty funny tho.

The one in 3 was kinda funny because you had to actually sneak around to avoid getting caught.

I don't remember what they did when you were playing FemMC though.

I actually prefer all of my Female party members dressed in the Agent suits when the guys have the Gekkou costumes (minus MC, who will forever rock Hard Boiled).

Granted, when the maid costumes are available... I do have the matching butler set already lol.

Dresden

The maid costumes just looked a bit too silly for me, not to mention lacking the assortment of P3 fanservice that the Gekkou outfits offer. Naoto's
female yaso uniform
is up there though.

The maid costumes just looked a bit too silly for me, not to mention lacking the assortment of P3 fanservice that the Gekkou outfits offer. Naoto's
female yaso uniform
is up there though.

I like the cheerleader outfits a lot actually... save for when it's on Teddie. I like my Ouendan posse.

Im rockin Agent outfits and will give the MC Hard boiled. When I get the Phoenix Ranger Featherman R outfits, it will be time.

Win poses with the Neo Featherman costumes are amazing, also chatting with your party about them was even better.

But I love everyone's reaction to MC's 'cigarette' with the Hard Boiled costume. It's nice to know everyone's looking out for my health.

Ponn

Banned
Friends, loved ones and social links. I'm now officially one trophy away from Platinum.
Margaret
went down hard thanks to Yoshitsune. I was honestly surprised by the strategy used in that battle with the enemy using
personas changing weaknesses and absorbing damage based on what she had active. Plus Debilitate was hard to use with her getting two turns a round meaning it was only up for one turn
Really my favorite battle though for the welcome endgame challenge where im otherwise steamrolling over everything else.

One trophy left, fuck you book trophy. Stupid bronze requiring a 3rd playthrough to get.

Shinypogs

Bwahaha, didn't need to use my backup save afterall :) I don't think I'll leave things so last minute next time though.

I kinda wish the battle music and the standard inside the tv music were switched around. They're both good but one of them gets me pumped more than the other.

Dantis

Uh-huh. >_>

After reading the Moonlight drama CD I've really grown to like Metis. :S

The character was a bit shit, but her design was nice at least. I didn't hate her though. :p

If by off, you mean a smile on my face and wanting to download the song onto my PC.

That moment made me really want to start on season 2 of K-on.

Our S Link is in reverse.

If you're bothered by the hot springs you must really hate the coronet armor.

That and the Halloween costume must be offensive as well.

Coronet armor is the least justifiable part of the game. The only Halloween costume that's out of character is Naoto's. Makes no sense, and completely pandering to the weird following the character has.

There isn't that much which bothers me, but anything is too much. Multiple things is way too much. Major spoilers:

Coronet armor. This one is obvious. Naoto's is the worst. The fact you can see the top of her ass-crack is really fucking weird and creepy. What the shit. To call this out of character is to do it far too little justice.

The hot bath scene. Pandering to the creepier part of the fanbase. Serves no purpose, and is not remotely funny. What kind of people would remain best friends after this? The fact that it is technically canonical is rubbing salt in the wound, also.

Naoto's Halloween costume is dumb, though not too bad. It just makes no sense for the character. Why would she wear that? Again, pandering to her stupid fan-following.

The scene at the Amagi Inn. What. Why. Why is everyone staring at Naoto's boobs? Why do her boobs bounce? Why are they gigantic there and then normal sized once Soejima's art kicks in in the in-game portraits (This one is obvious, but it was rhetorical)? Also, Nanako being there heightens the "Why the fuck" factor.

Naoto's portrait in the epilogue. The actual scene was great, and her redesign is excellent, but holycraphowbigisherchest? She has fucking DOA boobs. Ridiculous and yet more pandering.

The True Story scene. Not much explanation needed her. It felt childish and made me embarrassed to play the game.

And that's everything. It only now occurs to me that most of it is Naoto-related. What the hell? Also, weird aside: They do those creepy costumes for Naoto, but then make her swimsuit a one-piece, which is completely fitting with the character. Nice consistency, Atlus.

*And breathe*

Joe Molotov

How do you get the Female Gekkoukan uniform?

The FAQ said it get the highest rank on the Feb test and then talk to Ms. Kashiwagi, but the test results weren't posted until Valentines Day, and then you automatically went home with your GF and then it skipped ahead to March and I don't see Kashiwagi at the school. :(

Cornbread78

Ok, quick question... well, two part question:

Is it worthwhile to grind the fortress early in the game to build EX and get items?
Does the outside time changewhile you are in the dungeon, or can I go back and forth to the first floor as many times as I like and it just stays on the same day?

Is it worthwhile to grind the fortress early in the game to build EX and get items?
Does the outside time changewhile you are in the dungeon, or can I go back and forth to the first floor as many times as I like and it just stays on the same day?
The outside time does not change while you are in th tv world, personally I stayed in once, and trained until I beat the dungeonn. This allows more time for social links.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
How do you get the Female Gekkoukan uniform?

The FAQ said it get the highest rank on the Feb test and then talk to Ms. Kashiwagi, but the test results weren't posted until Valentines Day, and then you automatically went home with your GF and then it skipped ahead to March and I don't see Kashiwagi at the school. :(

I got them in January, if I remember right.

Ponn

Banned

Outside time does not change while you are in the tv. You can exit dungeons and return to entrance/main hall as many times as you want and can start again at the last floor you were at. I do it quite often to save and fuse personas. You shouldn't have to grind though as long as you are doing everything and not skipping anything. Going back to the previous dungeons you beat to
beat the optional bosses that show up after clearing a dungeon the first time

Even on Very Hard I didn't have to grind much at all, just do everything they offer you.

Kazzy

I'm in the final dungeon and still no sign of the "Hardcore Risette Fan" trophy. I'm starting to get a little worried now. *Sigh*

Top Bottom