• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

TWILT

Banned
So I kinda want to play Persona 3. What's the best version. Is there a version I can play on Vita that won't suck.
FES or Portable.

FES lets you walk around, has a bit more content and The Answer. Portable lets you play as a female (which, for me, is more interesting than the male one), though navigation is menu based. I prefer Portable myself, but you can't go wrong with either one.

Sophia

I have a hard time going back to FES after P3P's modifications. Not having to sit through the YOU WILL GAIN MORE POWER WHEN OBTAINING A PERSONA OF THE BLAH ARCANA every time you rank up alone is a biggie.

I actually like that. My real annoying thing with FES is the missing square button functionality + being able to equip party members on the menu.

Jintor

Does Portable also remove anime cutscenes or something? Not that I care especially, I guess I'll just youtube them or something.

Noi

I actually like that. My real annoying thing with FES is the missing square button functionality + being able to equip party members on the menu.

Oh god yes that too. It's those little post-P4 tweaks that make P3P a lot more enjoyable for me to play. I'll easily sacrifice stuff like having multiple weapon types on the MC for it. I only ever used swords anyway.

Does Portable also remove anime cutscenes or something? Not that I care especially, I guess I'll just youtube them or something.

No anime cutscenes. Most of them are done using the the portrait sprites, which I didn't mind since it meant new voice work for the characters in most cases.

Jintor

Honestly though i'm thinking of going for Team Chie or Team Yukiko this time around but the thought of not going for Rise is kind of physically painful

Her 'serious' speech on Valentine's day the first time through when I was a cheating asshole got me good

Noi

Who was it that spent forever getting a gentleman's tux?

8345576446_7b4cc20774_b.jpg

Cause I just got one in like my 4th chest. >:D

Just completed the game! I loved this game, it easily stands as one of my favorite games, ever. No game has hooked as much as this, I played for 70 hours in just two weeks.

And I'm glad you guys are talking about P3 FES vs P3P, because I definitely want to play through 3 during my next school break.

Jintor

If you cheat on her on Valentines,
she kind of... confronts you sadly in her classroom about how seriously she views your relationship. It's very sobering.

Rise acts happy-go-lucky, and for the most part she is, but she thinks about things too.

Kazzy

she kind of... confronts you sadly in her classroom about how seriously she views your relationship. It's very sobering.

Rise acts happy-go-lucky, and for the most part she is, but she thinks about things too.

How could you? I feel too strong an attachment to these characters, things like this would drive me crazy!

And yeah, I've really come around to Rise during my P4G playthrough.
OTP

Jintor

How could you? I feel too strong an attachment to these characters, things like this would drive me crazy!

And yeah, I've really come around to Rise during my P4G playthrough.
OTP

Well, I knew I was going to go Rise on NG+, so I decided to check out the Yumi romantic events. Unfortunately, I don't like her VA very much, though her writing is alright.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know if I've ever seen a character in a game so perfectly ride the line between fucking douche and cool guy like Yosuke does

Jintor

I just realised the characters are as old as my little brother

god

damn

well, i guess the 2nd years are a little older.

Noi

No one will ever convince me that Yosuke isn't a terrible character.

Him getting paired up with Labrys in P4A was the worst.

Sophia

No one will ever convince me that Yosuke isn't a terrible character.

Him getting paired ultimate with Labrys in P4A was the worst.

He actually gets along well with Aigis too in P4A. Which ends up being hilarious after they fight in one of the story modes. >_>;

Jintor

^In the JP one, he hits his nads on the table, not hit by Chie. Odd change.

They don't really spell it out in English so I assumed it was Chie.

What floors for the tux? I got one my first runthrough but I didn't keep it for the quest like 30 months later

Also P3P is $50 on PSN :|

Should just suck it up and get the $80 bundle with Persona 2 but jesus christ $50 for a years old digital game. I mean I paid less for P4G than that and that was with shipping and handling...

Jintor

Wacom Intuous. Cintiq is a couple thousand above my pay grade, lol

Since I'm doing a social link run I decided to take more damage but deal normal damage, but xp and money are boosted. Alongside immediately dragging out a lvl 85 Isis and a lvl 82 Douchebag-Izanagi, wiping the floor with low-level Yukiko Castle enemies has never felt so satisfying.

neoemonk

I made a save on the final day. Going after True Ending. I'm hoping I can get Hardcore Risette Fan to pop in this dungeon. I wish there were some way to tell how close you are to getting it.

I made a save on the final day. Going after True Ending. I'm hoping I can get Hardcore Risette Fan to pop in this dungeon. I wish there were some way to tell how close you are to getting it.

It definitely can be a pain, but as for me, I unlocked it in
Magatsu Inaba, during the Adachi fight
. One thing that I had to do was set characters to Act Freely and let them do their thing against monsters for a while. I think it might be buried in this thread a few pages back, but somebody had a list of sayings for the trophy that might help you.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, end-game spoilers about Nanako

She goes farther than any other girl in the game, saying she wants to marry you!

Maybe he didn't make a mistake in his post!

Meier

Spoiler about post end game stuff:

I'm in August now and holy crap, the girls are so much hotter! They really dolled up Chie especially with her new hair. Kanji looks ridiculous, lol.

Miker

Spoiler about post end game stuff:

I'm in August now and holy crap, the girls are so much hotter! They really dolled up Chie especially with her new hair. Kanji looks ridiculous, lol.

what happened to Naoto. why Atlus why. The new Amagi Inn anime cutscene didn't do her any favors either.

Top Bottom