• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Cornbread78

The outside time does not change while you are in th tv world, personally I stayed in once, and trained until I beat the dungeonn. This allows more time for social links.

Good deal, this is my second visit here, so I think I'm going to grind up a little and get some items before I finish it all up.

Kazzy

You are probably very close to it! Have you had all party members in? Have they all been hit by every ailment? Have they inflicted knockdowns, quad, triple, and double kills?

More or less, I haven't kept track of it, though, but I naturally rotate the party anyway. That's not to mention the fact that I do every quest, meaning I have spent a lot of time trawling through dungeons. The lack of any sort of indication is the main thing, as it's hard to gauge, other than keeping a check-list.

Ponn

Banned
I'm in the final dungeon and still no sign of the "Hardcore Risette Fan" trophy. I'm starting to get a little worried now. *Sigh*

Thats were it popped for me. Not sure why people are having so much trouble with that trophy. I can think of one thats much more annoying....

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'll just leave this here.

QF0sW.jpg

Kazzy

Thats were it popped for me. Not sure why people are having so much trouble with that trophy. I can think of one thats much more annoying....

Because it's something that is largely out of your hands, barring you purposely gaming the battles. If it pops somewhere in here, then I can't really complain, but I hardly play these games conservatively anyway, so it should be achievable .

Trigger

I've become so effective at fighting enemies that I rarely have enough time for Rise's comments. I'd have to purposel drag out battles to get everyone a chance to act and stuff. If only I was given a counter of sorts.

Ponn

Banned
Because it's something that is largely out of your hands, barring you purposely gaming the battles. If it pops somewhere in here, then I can't really complain, but I hardly play these games conservatively anyway, so it should be manageable.

Maybe thats why, people just getting antsy. I didn't do anything extra for it, just battled, did all the optional dungeons and it popped in last
true end
dungeon. I checked enemies weakness with analyze and she will say stuff when you do that but thats about the only thing I might have done differently then others.

The fuck at this Naoto costume the teacher gave me

Bunch of puritans you all are.
Naoto screams pent up secret freaky bedroom life. Kanji is in for some real shit. In fact it all makes sense now his change in the True End.

ckohler

Am I making a mistake by always using the core three teammates (Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko)? So far, I intend to use them up to the end.

I really like them and they keep leveling up. I also haven't even done any of Kanji's S.Links for the same reason. I want to max out the original team first.
Chie is already my girlfriend and I'm in September

Jintor

Spoiler about post end game stuff:

I'm in August now and holy crap, the girls are so much hotter! They really dolled up Chie especially with her new hair. Kanji looks ridiculous, lol.

Chie's new hair elevates her several tiers. She's nearly Rise level. Of course, Rise's new hair kicks her further up too. Poor Yukiko gets screwed though, boring management-tier hair.

Naoto looks pretty close to normal, but seeing her shoulders is weiiiiiiiiiird

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Am I making a mistake by always using the core three teammates (Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko)? So far, I intend to use them up to the end.

I really like them and they keep leveling up. I also haven't even done any of Kanji's S.Links for the same reason. I want to max out the original team first.
Chie is already my girlfriend and I'm in September

Not really no. That's the beauty of the game, you really aren't punished for not doing a set build. You can always fill in the gaps with MC.

Though it is a good idea to max out the links of your main team first, since their persona will evolve and nullify its respective element.

Jintor

Although personally I would love it if they'd just share the experience around next level so I can slot characters in and out whenever I feel like it

Dresden

How do you get the Female Gekkoukan uniform?

The FAQ said it get the highest rank on the Feb test and then talk to Ms. Kashiwagi, but the test results weren't posted until Valentines Day, and then you automatically went home with your GF and then it skipped ahead to March and I don't see Kashiwagi at the school. :(

I just talked to her again in the latter half of January. Answered some trivia questions, got the set.

Jintor

I don't really find the costumes as annoying as I do the bathhouse scenes. I'm kind of okay with the first one because they've always gone on about how Naoto has a surprisingly large chest and it did have that bit with Nanako being really amazed at the stars, so it kind of balances. But the second one is pretty much irredeemable.

Not really no. That's the beauty of the game, you really aren't punished for not doing a set build. You can always fill in the gaps with MC.

Though it is a good idea to max out the links of your main team first, since their persona will evolve and nullify its respective element.

They keep their weaknesses in Golden, though they gain nullify to an additional element. You're better off keeping someone with the magic reflect thing around.

Although personally I would love it if they'd just share the experience around next level so I can slot characters in and out whenever I feel like it

Totally agree. I would have used all the characters, but I stuck with the main three because I knew I'd be underleveled and have to grind if I didn't.

UberTag

Because it's something that is largely out of your hands, barring you purposely gaming the battles. If it pops somewhere in here, then I can't really complain, but I hardly play these games conservatively anyway, so it should be achievable .
I over-leveled in the early dungeons to ensure I unlocked all the gear, skill cards, locked chest items, max compendium, etc. so I've been super-paranoid about the Hardcore Risette trophy ever since I added her to the team.

Planning to knock it out even before I clear Void Quest proper by systematically attacking every possible comment trigger (I'm up to 220 unique ones - hope to push past 250 that I've tracked with my current team - may need to at least clear the dungeon before jumping ahead as I believe Shadow Mitsuo is the first enemy to inflict Exhaust status), then I'll block a save to fast forward through the game only tackling boss battles until my team is effectively not over-leveled and I can nab all of Naoto's quotes as well. Once I bag the trophy, I'll reset back to my over-levelled completionist squad and not have that trophy hanging over my head.

Trigger

I over-leveled in the early dungeons to ensure I unlocked all the gear, skill cards, locked chest items, max compendium, etc. so I've been super-paranoid about the Hardcore Risette trophy ever since I added her to the team.

Planning to knock it out even before I clear Void Quest proper by systematically attacking every possible comment trigger (I'm up to 220 unique ones - hope to push past 250 that I've tracked with my current team - may need to at least clear the dungeon before jumping ahead as I believe Shadow Mitsuo is the first enemy to inflict Exhaust status), then I'll block a save to fast forward through the game only tackling boss battles until my team is effectively not over-leveled and I can nab all of Naoto's quotes as well. Once I bag the trophy, I'll reset back to my over-levelled completionist squad and not have that trophy hanging over my head.

That's real dedication.

That feeling when my protagonist walks away with 5760 XP because everyone else died. >.>;

Oh, and lol at Gold Shadows:

I don't know how it happened, but I somehow got 40000 EXP from killing a couple of gold hands in the 4th dungeon. But I was like you and only my protagonist lived. Felt bad.

Did anyone bother with the gem trade-in stuff at Shiroku? At the end I think I could redeem for like, some junk fan.

Did at first when it didn't require anything more than the stones you get for feeding Akihiko and whatever you found in the dungeons.

I stopped bothering when I had to go fishing and I had better things to waste my time with.

Jintor

Bursting out a Magatsu-Izanami and megadolaning away crowds of golden hands in the first dungeon of the game is immensely satisfying

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That feeling when my protagonist walks away with 5760 XP because everyone else died. >.>;

Oh, and lol at Gold Shadows:

I should have taken a picture of how much XP I got from killing about 4 of them near the end game, this was with XP and Monies on high. I swear it was around 90k xp and about 400k in money. It was an absurd amount, I must have leveled twice.

Tamanon

Banned
Finally getting to the end of Summer now on my first playthrough, love the new content there. Cracked up at the
Kanji at the beach and the Scooter chase

Top Bottom