• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

How can I top this? I'm in the Void dungeon.

EF388BE8-24CA-4163-A179-33F60EAA18E7-410-0000003C01323A9F.jpg

Anyone?

Sophia

For Void Quest you can't really top that for Physical. Get a Black Frost to go with it and you can basically solo the boss. >_>;

Sophia

Fuck, I just hate not having any skills to go after. How do I go about getting a Black Frost?

It's a special (five Personae) fusion of Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, King Frost, Pixie, and Ghoul. It should ideally get Fire Amp, Mind Charge, and Agidyne/Maragion from the resulting level ups.

It's basically one of the strognest Personae at that level, having no weaknesses and draining two elements (Fire/Ice)

Dantis

By the way, have y'all voted in the GoTY thread? Where was P4G in your list? Did anyone except me not have it as number 1?

Jintor

I can't in good faith vote a 2008 game as a GOTY 2012 game (even if it probably was my favourite game I played in 2012)

ADDITIONAL STUFF OR NO

Chose 'I felt a little lightheaded' at the intro scene, now have the option to explore the shopping district! (Just ten minutes into the game!)
Port is awesome already.

Jintor

It got my honourable mentions. I generally reserve my top 10 for original games. Rereleases can be amazing, but generally the original work was done in some other year and if the original game was strong enough it'll have gotten its props then.

Uncle AJ

My own podcast excluded P4G from our year-end awards for the same reason. I can't help but feel bad for the game though... released in NA on the PS2 in December of 2008., and thus gets little to no recognition. I'm happy to see the following grow over the years, but I still feel like this game has never got its true propers.

I had P4G as number 3 on my list, and I'm considering bumping it up to #1. It feels kinda weird since P4 came out in 2008, but I played it for the first time this year and P4G is an updated version, so whatever.

Kazzy

Jintor, you didn't post the best part! Yu really does bring new meaning to the word "deadpan" at the end of that scene.

Noi

I keep running into someone via SOS who named the MC "Sophia" and have to do a double take.

By the way, have y'all voted in the GoTY thread? Where was P4G in your list? Did anyone except me not have it as number 1?

Gravity Rush is my #1. :)
P4G was my #2.

Noi

Karma is biting me back for getting that Gentleman's Tux so easily. I just need two more Thick Hides, baaaaaaaah.

Duffyside

Banned
More questions!
YAY...?

Since the Team S. Link happens on its own, and I can't speed it up, do I need to carry around a Fool Arcana card? Just wondering if I should keep bothering pulling these from my compendium.

This question was finally the thing to get me to put this game down today and get back to work. Finally addicted.

CSX

More questions!
YAY...?

Since the Team S. Link happens on its own, and I can't speed it up, do I need to carry around a Fool Arcana card? Just wondering if I should keep bothering pulling these from my compendium.

This question was finally the thing to get me to put this game down today and get back to work. Finally addicted.

No the Team S.Link progresses with the story. No need to keep a Fool persona just for it.

September spoilers: Got to
Naoto's dungeon
today but I think I'm gonna go beat-up on some bonus bosses from previous dungeons before I dive in. I absolutely loved all of the buildup towards this next mission, though, and I'm actually looking toward the ending of the game with bittersweet emotions. I mean, I feel like I've actually grown to love and care about these characters, and then its gonna all be over.

At least we're making memories...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That midnight channel quiz.... oh my god.

That was AWESOME.

I enjoyed it, but the only thing I hated was when the CPU would buzz in before I had a chance to finish reading the question.

Oh, Youske getting the question right about what was next to the Nurse's Office, of course he would haha.

Sophia

I enjoyed it, but the only thing I hated was when the CPU would buzz in before I had a chance to finish reading the question.

Oh, Youske getting the question right about what was next to the Nurse's Office, of course he would haha.

I had a tendency to buzz in before the question was even fully displayed sometimes... >.>;

All the new summer events are integrated really well into the original story. I'm impressed.

All the good ones.

You got that right. Charlie Thyme, here.

Friend zoned Yukiko. Felt good.

Friend zoned Chie. Felt better.

For Void Quest you can't really top that for Physical. Get a Black Frost to go with it and you can basically solo the boss. >_>;

Dang, I should really go get myself a Black Frost. I already finished Void Quest, but I still need to finish Margaret's request, and I'm sure he'd be useful for at least one more dungeon, right?

Sooo... Debating about what to do, since I just got the option (I'm on 12/07):

Meet Adachi alone to switch from Jester to Hunger or not bother?

Any pros/cons for either option? Going for True Ending.

Thanks.

TWILT

Banned
Sooo... Debating about what to do, since I just got the option (I'm on 12/07):

Meet Adachi alone to switch from Jester to Hunger or not bother?

Any pros/cons for either option? Going for True Ending.

Thanks.

No cons for meeting Adachi alone. Pretty sure that's the only way to continue the Slink and it should max out if you go for True End.

Jintor

Mostly he messes up my actual fusions when I've spent like a couple grand summoning dudes out of the compedium and then he gives me something weaksauce

Noi

The Nose's fuck ups seem never good in P3/4 but in P1, fuck ups can give you nifty things....Devil Summoner's Victor? Now there's a man with wonderful, wonderful fuck ups!

Truth. Every time he has an "accident", I know I'm gonna receive something wonderful.

Chie with Auto-Tarukaja is a waste, right?

Top Bottom